Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flames and Lightning [Not Open Yet]
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 49 50
@DisastrousAbsol

"Speaking of parents, it's getting a bit late. I'm gonna go ask Dad if any of the spare rooms could be used for you guys." Lily said, folding her wings and bumping her shoulder lightly against Xavier before she bounded off.

"I think he's by the digger's cavern!" Amaya called as the gray-purple female disappeared down the entrance tunnel.

Aquilegia sneezed, shaking her tiny head as the feathers tickled her face.

-

Blitze settled himself down near Eclipse, not touching but definitely close enough to keep warm.

"Good night then, you two." He yawned as he laid his head on his arms and promptly dropped off to sleep.

"Always wondered how he does that so fast." Eclipse muttered, curling their tail into a pillow for themself.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Speaking of parents, it's getting a bit late. I'm gonna go ask Dad if any of the spare rooms could be used for you guys." Lily said, folding her wings and bumping her shoulder lightly against Xavier before she bounded off.

"I think he's by the digger's cavern!" Amaya called as the gray-purple female disappeared down the entrance tunnel.

Aquilegia sneezed, shaking her tiny head as the feathers tickled her face.

-

Blitze settled himself down near Eclipse, not touching but definitely close enough to keep warm.

"Good night then, you two." He yawned as he laid his head on his arms and promptly dropped off to sleep.

"Always wondered how he does that so fast." Eclipse muttered, curling their tail into a pillow for themself.
@DaylightLegion
Xavier waved at his sister before turning his attention back to Aquilegia with a soft smile. “Stormcatcher, that was adorable.”

“You like hatchlings, huh?” Koga raised a brow at his older brother.

“And you don’t?” The elder fired back.
-
Somnus frowned. He had a sneaking suspicion that his brother’s ability stemmed from overworking himself. He offered Eclipse a nod and stood up, padding out. Maybe he could help Luccio. He overheard the drake saying goodnight to his brother, after all.
@DaylightLegion
Xavier waved at his sister before turning his attention back to Aquilegia with a soft smile. “Stormcatcher, that was adorable.”

“You like hatchlings, huh?” Koga raised a brow at his older brother.

“And you don’t?” The elder fired back.
-
Somnus frowned. He had a sneaking suspicion that his brother’s ability stemmed from overworking himself. He offered Eclipse a nod and stood up, padding out. Maybe he could help Luccio. He overheard the drake saying goodnight to his brother, after all.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Children are always cute." Amaya said cheerfully, Rumi nodding in agreement.

"I remember when you two were hatchlings, Lily was so proud to be a big sister. Kuroka was cranky about it though, she hated sharing as a child, especially her mother." Rumi snickered.

"I remember that too! Kuroka clung to Iris like a leech, it took a whole week for her to warm up to the idea of new siblings. I mean, she loves you both a bunch now, but she was a little selfish as a hatchling." Amaya recalled.

Aquilegia chirped and flicked her tail happily, Delphinium swatting at it sleepily.

-

Eclipse watched him go before laying down themself to sleep. They knew Blitze would sometimes stay up for several days to get work done, so a trip like this would hopefully reset his clock and get him a good amount of rest.

"I really hope we can find another dragon to lift the load, we ain't got enough personnel for anything anymore." They muttered as they closed their eyes.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Children are always cute." Amaya said cheerfully, Rumi nodding in agreement.

"I remember when you two were hatchlings, Lily was so proud to be a big sister. Kuroka was cranky about it though, she hated sharing as a child, especially her mother." Rumi snickered.

"I remember that too! Kuroka clung to Iris like a leech, it took a whole week for her to warm up to the idea of new siblings. I mean, she loves you both a bunch now, but she was a little selfish as a hatchling." Amaya recalled.

Aquilegia chirped and flicked her tail happily, Delphinium swatting at it sleepily.

-

Eclipse watched him go before laying down themself to sleep. They knew Blitze would sometimes stay up for several days to get work done, so a trip like this would hopefully reset his clock and get him a good amount of rest.

"I really hope we can find another dragon to lift the load, we ain't got enough personnel for anything anymore." They muttered as they closed their eyes.
@DaylightLegion
“The memory’s fuzzy, but yeah I remember that.” Xavier laughed, flicking his tail. “Hatchlings are like that. They’re learning boundaries and social cues and whatnot, so her behavior wasn’t out of the norm.” He mused

“How do you know all that?” Koga asked, squinting.

“Noreen is my daughter. You remember her, don’t you?” The elder fixed his brother with a pointed look. He wasn’t upset, but he had expected his brother to remember his niece.

“I do! I just.. forgot you’re her dad.” Koga looked sheepish.
-
“Alex.”

The Skydancer jolted from their thoughts, papers sprawled on the table in front of them. They whipped their head to look up at their friend, Delta. Her son, Galeno, was with her. He waved. They waved back. “Can I help you, my lady?” They asked, sitting up straight. They had been bent over the table beforehand.

“Just Delta right now.” The Guardian sighed, approaching her friend. She lowered her head to better see them. “You’ve been glaring at the table for a little while. Are you alright?”

“Yes! I’m fine.” Was Alex’s automated response.

Delta didn’t believe them. They knew that.
@DaylightLegion
“The memory’s fuzzy, but yeah I remember that.” Xavier laughed, flicking his tail. “Hatchlings are like that. They’re learning boundaries and social cues and whatnot, so her behavior wasn’t out of the norm.” He mused

“How do you know all that?” Koga asked, squinting.

“Noreen is my daughter. You remember her, don’t you?” The elder fixed his brother with a pointed look. He wasn’t upset, but he had expected his brother to remember his niece.

“I do! I just.. forgot you’re her dad.” Koga looked sheepish.
-
“Alex.”

The Skydancer jolted from their thoughts, papers sprawled on the table in front of them. They whipped their head to look up at their friend, Delta. Her son, Galeno, was with her. He waved. They waved back. “Can I help you, my lady?” They asked, sitting up straight. They had been bent over the table beforehand.

“Just Delta right now.” The Guardian sighed, approaching her friend. She lowered her head to better see them. “You’ve been glaring at the table for a little while. Are you alright?”

“Yes! I’m fine.” Was Alex’s automated response.

Delta didn’t believe them. They knew that.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Oh I'm sure he'll figure it out someday." Amaya said cryptically, smiling.

There was another clatter from the hallway, this time being Kuroka who popped out covered in dust and soot.

She shook herself off, swaying a little on her feet and ruffled to the sky and back, but didn't seem injured or anything. In contrast, she grinned at her brothers.

"Hey! Lily had to run off to deliver some letters to the Frostfeather clan so she sent me to tell you guys that we have a spare room for ya and that I can take ya there whenever you're ready!" She chirped, flicking her tail.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Oh I'm sure he'll figure it out someday." Amaya said cryptically, smiling.

There was another clatter from the hallway, this time being Kuroka who popped out covered in dust and soot.

She shook herself off, swaying a little on her feet and ruffled to the sky and back, but didn't seem injured or anything. In contrast, she grinned at her brothers.

"Hey! Lily had to run off to deliver some letters to the Frostfeather clan so she sent me to tell you guys that we have a spare room for ya and that I can take ya there whenever you're ready!" She chirped, flicking her tail.
@DaylightLegion
Koga shot Amaya a confused look.

Xavier rose to greet Kuroka, smiling. “I think now’s as good a time as any.” He hummed, waving for his brother to stand. “But you really ought to be more careful.” He gently reprimanded, though his smile never faded.
-
“..Am I in trouble?” Alex asked. It was a childish question, but they were unable to discern the emotion on Delta’s face.

“Are- No!” The Guardian was stunned that they would even think that! “Alex, I’m worried about you. You’ve been cooped up for far too long.” She sighed, gently brushing over the Skydancer’s head feathers with a talon.

“You're taking the day off tomorrow. I want you to go to the Blitzwing clan and make some friends. Find Somnus, Koga, and Xavier and bring them back, too.” She hummed.

All the way to the Firelands!? “But-!”

“That’s an order, Alex.” Delta sighed, gently pulling the smaller dragon closer and into a hug. They didn’t struggle, alluding to just how lonely (and touch-starved) they’ve been. “I’m worried about you. This will do you some good.” She slowly released the Skydancer. “Go get some rest.”

“Yes, Delta.”
@DaylightLegion
Koga shot Amaya a confused look.

Xavier rose to greet Kuroka, smiling. “I think now’s as good a time as any.” He hummed, waving for his brother to stand. “But you really ought to be more careful.” He gently reprimanded, though his smile never faded.
-
“..Am I in trouble?” Alex asked. It was a childish question, but they were unable to discern the emotion on Delta’s face.

“Are- No!” The Guardian was stunned that they would even think that! “Alex, I’m worried about you. You’ve been cooped up for far too long.” She sighed, gently brushing over the Skydancer’s head feathers with a talon.

“You're taking the day off tomorrow. I want you to go to the Blitzwing clan and make some friends. Find Somnus, Koga, and Xavier and bring them back, too.” She hummed.

All the way to the Firelands!? “But-!”

“That’s an order, Alex.” Delta sighed, gently pulling the smaller dragon closer and into a hug. They didn’t struggle, alluding to just how lonely (and touch-starved) they’ve been. “I’m worried about you. This will do you some good.” She slowly released the Skydancer. “Go get some rest.”

“Yes, Delta.”
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Pfft, I'm a Fire dragon, flying through one or two lava vents isn't gonna hurt me." Kuroka snorted, shuffling her feathers.

"This way then, it's up by the Greenhouse Cavern. Moss and Amari got some bedding ready and its all good to go." She continued, waving her tail and going back up the way she came.

-

"Lynne? You still haven't gone to bed yet?" Shiva poked her head into the Leader's den.

"I'm still sorting through the letters from the situation over in the Frostfeather clan, apparently there was a snowstorm and Indigo's Troupe got lost. They're searching, but they worry they won't find them until the storm ends. Indy is Lightning so I'm not afraid they'll freeze to death, but Aeluin's hatchlings might get sick if they hatch in that kind of weather. Or they'll end up Ice elements, I'm not sure which and at this point I've no idea what it'll be." The red dragoness groaned, flopping her head onto her desk.

"You and Blitze both have a serious overwork problem. Go to bed, I'll sort the letters through. Tomorrow will be a better day, and Amaya's eggs hatched last night as well as Rumi's. Go play with the children and eat something other than jerkey, or I'll make Styx give you a checkup." The teal elder said, frowning.

Lynne shuddered.

"Okay okay I'll go to bed. No checkups, he always tries to test if I've made a new virus in my mouth and I hate the pokey sticks he uses. I can handle eating bones and carrion, but wood is an entirely different ballpark." She said, sticking her tongue out in disgust.

Shiva laughed, shaking her head as she scooted the Leader away from her desk.

"Go," she settled herself at the mound of letters, "I can finish this by the time you get back, and Blitze should be home tomorrow afternoon. Get some sleep, eat some real food, and play with the hatchlings. You've earned it. Even Yoruko took breaks when she lead the clan." Her blue white wings shuffled as she picked up some of the papers.

"Alright then. G'night, Shiva." Lynne said, padding away to her room.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Pfft, I'm a Fire dragon, flying through one or two lava vents isn't gonna hurt me." Kuroka snorted, shuffling her feathers.

"This way then, it's up by the Greenhouse Cavern. Moss and Amari got some bedding ready and its all good to go." She continued, waving her tail and going back up the way she came.

-

"Lynne? You still haven't gone to bed yet?" Shiva poked her head into the Leader's den.

"I'm still sorting through the letters from the situation over in the Frostfeather clan, apparently there was a snowstorm and Indigo's Troupe got lost. They're searching, but they worry they won't find them until the storm ends. Indy is Lightning so I'm not afraid they'll freeze to death, but Aeluin's hatchlings might get sick if they hatch in that kind of weather. Or they'll end up Ice elements, I'm not sure which and at this point I've no idea what it'll be." The red dragoness groaned, flopping her head onto her desk.

"You and Blitze both have a serious overwork problem. Go to bed, I'll sort the letters through. Tomorrow will be a better day, and Amaya's eggs hatched last night as well as Rumi's. Go play with the children and eat something other than jerkey, or I'll make Styx give you a checkup." The teal elder said, frowning.

Lynne shuddered.

"Okay okay I'll go to bed. No checkups, he always tries to test if I've made a new virus in my mouth and I hate the pokey sticks he uses. I can handle eating bones and carrion, but wood is an entirely different ballpark." She said, sticking her tongue out in disgust.

Shiva laughed, shaking her head as she scooted the Leader away from her desk.

"Go," she settled herself at the mound of letters, "I can finish this by the time you get back, and Blitze should be home tomorrow afternoon. Get some sleep, eat some real food, and play with the hatchlings. You've earned it. Even Yoruko took breaks when she lead the clan." Her blue white wings shuffled as she picked up some of the papers.

"Alright then. G'night, Shiva." Lynne said, padding away to her room.
@DaylightLegion
-
The two brothers bid Amaya and Rumi goodnight before followed obediently, trotting after Kuroka.

“Thanks for letting us stay the night.” Xavier hummed.
@DaylightLegion
-
The two brothers bid Amaya and Rumi goodnight before followed obediently, trotting after Kuroka.

“Thanks for letting us stay the night.” Xavier hummed.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol "Of course! Mom was thrilled to hear you'd stay the night, she was bouncing off the walls chattering to Dad about finding your favorite foods for breakfast tomorrow. He had to pin and tie her to the nest to get her to stop." Kuroka laughed, flicking her soot covered tail. "She'll calm down. Eventually. No idea when that will be but if Dad looks tired tomorrow you know why." She hummed as she led them to a part of the caves lit with electric lanterns, various rooms. Some were vacant, with plain curtains open to show they had room, and others with decorative makeshift curtains to portray occupied status. A few dragons within the rooms were either out, asleep or a few in particular, awake. Kuroka nodded to a wide awake Hel, tinkering with something, as they passed by. "Your room is near mine and Lily's." She explained quietly, trying not to wake anyone. "Mom and Dad's room is further up, on the right with gray and purple curtains. You'll know them by the purple flowers growing through the fabric. This one is yours, Mom lent out one of her room's flowers for it." She continued, pulling open a black curtained room. A purple flower decorated the corner of the curtain pole, noticeable but not in the way. The room itself wasn't unremarkable, but definitely comfortable with its two beds of moss and surprisingly pillows too. A few quartz crystals were scattered on the ceiling, left there naturally. Some had even grown a bit, others like flecks. It made a nice starry sky effect against the black cave stone. [center][item=satin violets][/center]
@DisastrousAbsol

"Of course! Mom was thrilled to hear you'd stay the night, she was bouncing off the walls chattering to Dad about finding your favorite foods for breakfast tomorrow. He had to pin and tie her to the nest to get her to stop." Kuroka laughed, flicking her soot covered tail.

"She'll calm down. Eventually. No idea when that will be but if Dad looks tired tomorrow you know why." She hummed as she led them to a part of the caves lit with electric lanterns, various rooms.

Some were vacant, with plain curtains open to show they had room, and others with decorative makeshift curtains to portray occupied status. A few dragons within the rooms were either out, asleep or a few in particular, awake.

Kuroka nodded to a wide awake Hel, tinkering with something, as they passed by.

"Your room is near mine and Lily's." She explained quietly, trying not to wake anyone.

"Mom and Dad's room is further up, on the right with gray and purple curtains. You'll know them by the purple flowers growing through the fabric. This one is yours, Mom lent out one of her room's flowers for it." She continued, pulling open a black curtained room.

A purple flower decorated the corner of the curtain pole, noticeable but not in the way. The room itself wasn't unremarkable, but definitely comfortable with its two beds of moss and surprisingly pillows too. A few quartz crystals were scattered on the ceiling, left there naturally. Some had even grown a bit, others like flecks. It made a nice starry sky effect against the black cave stone.
Satin Violets
@DaylightLegion love the mental image of the room. It just speaks to my space loving heart lgmgjfkf
Xavier chuckled while Koga snorted. Their poor father.

The elder Skydancer turned his gaze to the ceiling, obviously admiring the night sky effect of the room. Koga didn’t seem to care for it much, but he would admit it was pretty.

“A very nice touch.” Xavier commented on the flowers, brushing the petals of one with a gentle talon.
@DaylightLegion love the mental image of the room. It just speaks to my space loving heart lgmgjfkf
Xavier chuckled while Koga snorted. Their poor father.

The elder Skydancer turned his gaze to the ceiling, obviously admiring the night sky effect of the room. Koga didn’t seem to care for it much, but he would admit it was pretty.

“A very nice touch.” Xavier commented on the flowers, brushing the petals of one with a gentle talon.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 49 50