Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flames and Lightning [Not Open Yet]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50
@DisastrousAbsol

A blue and purple dragon soared over the smoky skies, most of his multiple eyes shut aside from the front ones in goggles.

"Gotta find him, gotta warn them, have to hurry, Mom said we need the help and I know he's out by now-" The Skydancer muttered under his breath.

He broke through the smoke of the Flamecaller's domain and into the familiar harsh sunlight of the Stormcatcher's lands. He sighed, a little stress falling off of him as familiar winds stroked through his feathers, a few eyes opening now the smoke was gone.

Shaking his head, he flew for the canyons, towards the clan he knew of, the one his brother had joined. He was going so fast he realized too late he couldn't quite stop himself.

He crashed into the canyon, yelping as his wing twisted back as he tumbled down the rocky walls.

"Aaahhhh, ugh, oh that hurts like- Gah- No, no, I'm good, I'm fine, I've had worse, gotta find-" He groaned, rolling to his feet and staggering.

He shoved up his goggles, looking ahead. A dragon! He didn't see the familiar patterns of his brother, but he knew they were Kiaptico! He shook himself and hurried forward.

"Hello! I'm from the Blitzwing clan, something's happened and we need Candra's knowledge about it!" He called, so as not to startle anyone.
@DisastrousAbsol

A blue and purple dragon soared over the smoky skies, most of his multiple eyes shut aside from the front ones in goggles.

"Gotta find him, gotta warn them, have to hurry, Mom said we need the help and I know he's out by now-" The Skydancer muttered under his breath.

He broke through the smoke of the Flamecaller's domain and into the familiar harsh sunlight of the Stormcatcher's lands. He sighed, a little stress falling off of him as familiar winds stroked through his feathers, a few eyes opening now the smoke was gone.

Shaking his head, he flew for the canyons, towards the clan he knew of, the one his brother had joined. He was going so fast he realized too late he couldn't quite stop himself.

He crashed into the canyon, yelping as his wing twisted back as he tumbled down the rocky walls.

"Aaahhhh, ugh, oh that hurts like- Gah- No, no, I'm good, I'm fine, I've had worse, gotta find-" He groaned, rolling to his feet and staggering.

He shoved up his goggles, looking ahead. A dragon! He didn't see the familiar patterns of his brother, but he knew they were Kiaptico! He shook himself and hurried forward.

"Hello! I'm from the Blitzwing clan, something's happened and we need Candra's knowledge about it!" He called, so as not to startle anyone.
@DaylightLegion
Dario raised a brow, her eyes focusing upon the newcomer, who’s fur and feathers were littered with sand. He bounded closer, causing the scout to tense, however involuntary it may be.

“What has happened that requires our historian?” She questioned, relaxing a bit as he’d mentioned a clan ally. She turned around to lead the stranger deeper into the Canyon towards her home, though several of her eyes remained on him.
@DaylightLegion
Dario raised a brow, her eyes focusing upon the newcomer, who’s fur and feathers were littered with sand. He bounded closer, causing the scout to tense, however involuntary it may be.

“What has happened that requires our historian?” She questioned, relaxing a bit as he’d mentioned a clan ally. She turned around to lead the stranger deeper into the Canyon towards her home, though several of her eyes remained on him.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Ah, sorry, I'm Somnus' brother, Elio. We need Candra because there are unknown eggs- hatchlings now- in our home in the Molten Scar. We were digging out some more room in the Nesting Grounds when we found them." Elio said, shaking himself out and straightening his wing painfully before following.

"Lynne told me to come here and ask for Candra, and if I needed proof I'm a Blitzwing, to mention Lily and Kuroka's brother Koga. Or August. Or Amari and Kage. Actually, I think Alede is visiting today? Something about his eyes getting worse, he wanted to talk to Ballade about it-" He rambled, ever the talkative boy.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Ah, sorry, I'm Somnus' brother, Elio. We need Candra because there are unknown eggs- hatchlings now- in our home in the Molten Scar. We were digging out some more room in the Nesting Grounds when we found them." Elio said, shaking himself out and straightening his wing painfully before following.

"Lynne told me to come here and ask for Candra, and if I needed proof I'm a Blitzwing, to mention Lily and Kuroka's brother Koga. Or August. Or Amari and Kage. Actually, I think Alede is visiting today? Something about his eyes getting worse, he wanted to talk to Ballade about it-" He rambled, ever the talkative boy.
@DaylightLegion
“I see. Yes, Ballade has a visitor, if that is the Alede you’re speaking of.” Dario muttered, keeping her pace slow so the Skydancer could keep up. “We have had the same predicament as well. Candra has done well to inform the healers of what needs to be done in order to care for them.”

She lead him into a cavern inside the wall, nodding to a blue Gaoler in greeting. He nodded back before returning his gaze to the sky. The Guardian pulled aside a Fae who seemed to be weeping snowflakes.

“Nimue, find Somnus and let him know his brother’s here. We’ll be waiting in the archives.” Dario hummed to her. The Ice Primal nodded, fluttering her wings and darting away, leaving a trail of quickly melting snow in her wake.

It didn’t take much longer for them to reach the archives, Dario opening the door to a large room filled by a comforting red light. Redwood shelves lined the walls, packed neatly with books and scrolls about this and that. In the middle lay pillows and tables for one to read at.

“Cher! How can I help you?” Candra cried, delighted to see her friend. She trotted over, a smile adorning her face. The Guardian gestured for Elio to speak.
@DaylightLegion
“I see. Yes, Ballade has a visitor, if that is the Alede you’re speaking of.” Dario muttered, keeping her pace slow so the Skydancer could keep up. “We have had the same predicament as well. Candra has done well to inform the healers of what needs to be done in order to care for them.”

She lead him into a cavern inside the wall, nodding to a blue Gaoler in greeting. He nodded back before returning his gaze to the sky. The Guardian pulled aside a Fae who seemed to be weeping snowflakes.

“Nimue, find Somnus and let him know his brother’s here. We’ll be waiting in the archives.” Dario hummed to her. The Ice Primal nodded, fluttering her wings and darting away, leaving a trail of quickly melting snow in her wake.

It didn’t take much longer for them to reach the archives, Dario opening the door to a large room filled by a comforting red light. Redwood shelves lined the walls, packed neatly with books and scrolls about this and that. In the middle lay pillows and tables for one to read at.

“Cher! How can I help you?” Candra cried, delighted to see her friend. She trotted over, a smile adorning her face. The Guardian gestured for Elio to speak.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Gray with pink and white wings? That's her grandson Alede then." Elio hummed, quite capable of keeping up despite the throbbing in his wing.

As they entered the Archives, the Multi-Gaze Skydancer took in everything all at once, recognizing the Archivist from August's descriptions.

"Hi, Candra. I'm Elio, and we have a problem. We found some strange eggs when digging out our nesting ground, and they hatched. We've never seen dragons like them before, they're like a cross between Ridgebacks and Mirrors, but way more vicious. The girl, well we think it's a girl, pretty much took one look at the diggers and promtly attacked out of nowhere. The other one didn't, but if we're going to take care of these hatchlings we need to know what they even are." Elio said, taking on a grave tone.

He definitely didn't mention that the one who'd been bitten was Yuuki, August's daughter. That would cause panic and he'd rather keep Candra from panicking. The black and white dragoness was pretty miffed about the whole ordeal, a large bite wound in her shoulder that had missed her neck, staining her fur. The hatchling had somehow locked her jaw up and had to be put to sleep with herbs just to get her to let go.

Yuuki was mostly fine, if not grumpy about the whole ordeal.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Gray with pink and white wings? That's her grandson Alede then." Elio hummed, quite capable of keeping up despite the throbbing in his wing.

As they entered the Archives, the Multi-Gaze Skydancer took in everything all at once, recognizing the Archivist from August's descriptions.

"Hi, Candra. I'm Elio, and we have a problem. We found some strange eggs when digging out our nesting ground, and they hatched. We've never seen dragons like them before, they're like a cross between Ridgebacks and Mirrors, but way more vicious. The girl, well we think it's a girl, pretty much took one look at the diggers and promtly attacked out of nowhere. The other one didn't, but if we're going to take care of these hatchlings we need to know what they even are." Elio said, taking on a grave tone.

He definitely didn't mention that the one who'd been bitten was Yuuki, August's daughter. That would cause panic and he'd rather keep Candra from panicking. The black and white dragoness was pretty miffed about the whole ordeal, a large bite wound in her shoulder that had missed her neck, staining her fur. The hatchling had somehow locked her jaw up and had to be put to sleep with herbs just to get her to let go.

Yuuki was mostly fine, if not grumpy about the whole ordeal.
@DaylightLegion
“Elio, yes. Somnus has sa- implied very kind things about you.” Candra nodded politely. She stayed silent as the other dragon spoke. Dario took her leave, flicking her tail and shutting the door just as Somnus slipped in. He was sheepishly carrying his unattached left arm in his beak. It was broken off just underneath the elbow.

“Other clans have been experiencing similar scenarios with the sudden appearance of eggs. Luckily, I do have a book and a few scrolls on this breed.” She hummed, turning tail and rushing up to one of the delicately crafted shelves.

“You’ve got a couple of Banescales on your talons, Elio.” She mused, picking through the parchment with a watchful eye. “They’re violent by nature; the Flamecaller’s first children.” The Skydancer made her way back over to him, holding the aforementioned items. Somnus hovered by the doorway.
@DaylightLegion
“Elio, yes. Somnus has sa- implied very kind things about you.” Candra nodded politely. She stayed silent as the other dragon spoke. Dario took her leave, flicking her tail and shutting the door just as Somnus slipped in. He was sheepishly carrying his unattached left arm in his beak. It was broken off just underneath the elbow.

“Other clans have been experiencing similar scenarios with the sudden appearance of eggs. Luckily, I do have a book and a few scrolls on this breed.” She hummed, turning tail and rushing up to one of the delicately crafted shelves.

“You’ve got a couple of Banescales on your talons, Elio.” She mused, picking through the parchment with a watchful eye. “They’re violent by nature; the Flamecaller’s first children.” The Skydancer made her way back over to him, holding the aforementioned items. Somnus hovered by the doorway.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Banescales, huh? Makes sense they were in the Flamecaller's domain..." Elio sighed, flicking his tail.

"Luxio will be pretty happy about the new knowledge." He said, a little more cheerfully.

He paused, an eye on his tail having noted his brother. He flicked it in a familiar pattern, face not leaving Candra.

Good to see you, big bro. Everyone says hi by the way.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Banescales, huh? Makes sense they were in the Flamecaller's domain..." Elio sighed, flicking his tail.

"Luxio will be pretty happy about the new knowledge." He said, a little more cheerfully.

He paused, an eye on his tail having noted his brother. He flicked it in a familiar pattern, face not leaving Candra.

Good to see you, big bro. Everyone says hi by the way.
@DaylightLegion
“I’m sure he will be.” Candra chuckled. While she didn’t know Luxio, she could humor the drake in front of her. Humming a little tune, she reached for a travel pack and placed the book and scrolls inside, neatly arranged so the parchment wouldn’t be ruined.

Somnus smiled as his brother around a mouthful of arm. The detached talon waved in a hello as his tail flicked in a similar pattern.

“Good seeing you too. How’s the clan holding up in the Firelands?”, his face contorted to an expression of shy amusement.
@DaylightLegion
“I’m sure he will be.” Candra chuckled. While she didn’t know Luxio, she could humor the drake in front of her. Humming a little tune, she reached for a travel pack and placed the book and scrolls inside, neatly arranged so the parchment wouldn’t be ruined.

Somnus smiled as his brother around a mouthful of arm. The detached talon waved in a hello as his tail flicked in a similar pattern.

“Good seeing you too. How’s the clan holding up in the Firelands?”, his face contorted to an expression of shy amusement.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Yeah, Luxio gets excited when any new book arrives, honestly." Elio hummed, half paying attention to the red dragoness as his tail flickered, ocasionally shifting a wing or a claw.

Hot, but otherwise fine. We got a few new hatchlings too, and boy are they spirited. Little Mio, Luna's, has taken to pranking me. It never works, but it's cute how she tries. She's like an actual Ragepuff! You should come visit, Mom misses seeing you.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Yeah, Luxio gets excited when any new book arrives, honestly." Elio hummed, half paying attention to the red dragoness as his tail flickered, ocasionally shifting a wing or a claw.

Hot, but otherwise fine. We got a few new hatchlings too, and boy are they spirited. Little Mio, Luna's, has taken to pranking me. It never works, but it's cute how she tries. She's like an actual Ragepuff! You should come visit, Mom misses seeing you.
@DaylightLegion
“I could try to get away today once I get my arm reattached.” Somnus smiled grew a little wider, shoulders jerking and chest heaving in silent laughter.

“Really now?” Candra raised an amused brow, passing the pack to Elio. “Do be careful with those, won’t you?”
@DaylightLegion
“I could try to get away today once I get my arm reattached.” Somnus smiled grew a little wider, shoulders jerking and chest heaving in silent laughter.

“Really now?” Candra raised an amused brow, passing the pack to Elio. “Do be careful with those, won’t you?”
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50