Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ Myriadofstars (PRIVATE)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@myriadofstars ((I'm subbed, please don't ping! I didn't have any idea for a title, but we can think of one!))

Hallie was so excited that she’d gotten a job. She had wanted to try out the greatest game for years, but had so far only dealt with minor monsters. Despite this, there was no denying that she knew a lot about the creatures she dealt with. She wasn’t reckless enough to get killed.

She was in her late twenties, but she was far from dainty. She stood at almost six feet tall, and was fairly muscular. She’d cut what was once long, golden hair to a shorter, more practical style, and her icy blue eyes glared more often than not. She had packed a bag with rations, water, and ammo. Unsure at how long it would take, she’d packed more than usual, just in case. Caution was not a bad trait in this business.

A car beeped from outside, and she slipped in, a cheerful smile on her face. She had no idea what she was getting into, but was really only doing this for the adrenaline rush. “Hi,” she greeted the driver, who merely nodded and told her that they’d be making a few more stops on the way. This was no problem for her at all.

The car journey was quiet, and Hallie watched the streets go past. The air today was cold and crisp, but the car was warm. They reached the home of her new fellow hunter. Hallie had been given some basic information, and no doubt her new partner would've received the same, but past their name, she really didn't have any idea. The information about their guide had been equally cryptic; Hallie wasn't even confident those who had hired them to dispose of the beast knew about who was supposed to be taking care of them. With that in mind, she had decided she'd just be her usual cheery self, and hope for the best.
@myriadofstars ((I'm subbed, please don't ping! I didn't have any idea for a title, but we can think of one!))

Hallie was so excited that she’d gotten a job. She had wanted to try out the greatest game for years, but had so far only dealt with minor monsters. Despite this, there was no denying that she knew a lot about the creatures she dealt with. She wasn’t reckless enough to get killed.

She was in her late twenties, but she was far from dainty. She stood at almost six feet tall, and was fairly muscular. She’d cut what was once long, golden hair to a shorter, more practical style, and her icy blue eyes glared more often than not. She had packed a bag with rations, water, and ammo. Unsure at how long it would take, she’d packed more than usual, just in case. Caution was not a bad trait in this business.

A car beeped from outside, and she slipped in, a cheerful smile on her face. She had no idea what she was getting into, but was really only doing this for the adrenaline rush. “Hi,” she greeted the driver, who merely nodded and told her that they’d be making a few more stops on the way. This was no problem for her at all.

The car journey was quiet, and Hallie watched the streets go past. The air today was cold and crisp, but the car was warm. They reached the home of her new fellow hunter. Hallie had been given some basic information, and no doubt her new partner would've received the same, but past their name, she really didn't have any idea. The information about their guide had been equally cryptic; Hallie wasn't even confident those who had hired them to dispose of the beast knew about who was supposed to be taking care of them. With that in mind, she had decided she'd just be her usual cheery self, and hope for the best.
(I'm subbed but prefer to be pinged because I'm subbed to a lot of things and tend to skim over everything that's not a ping. Wow that's a mouthful.)

Hunter ran a tanned hand through their shoulder-length brown hair as they checked over their belongings once more. Vest, check. Ammo, check. Extra binders, check. Hair tie...

"Come on, where are you," they murmured, casting their gaze over their belongings and tangling their fingers in their hair. They could've sworn they had put it somewhere...

Ah, there on the coffee table. With a slap to the forehead Hunter strode forward and picked up the errant band, tying their hair back with the ease of years of practice. They put their hands on their hips and nodded. They were ready.

To be perfectly honest, they were slightly nervous. After all, this was easily the biggest hunt of their life, possibly anyone's life. Not to mention they were going into the unknown with two strangers: A young woman named Hallie and a guide who was more of an unknown than the Monster itself.

The sound of a car pulled Hunter out of their thoughts, and they scrambled to put on their backpack and weapons. Taking a deep breath, they walked to the front door, opened it, and stepped out, locking it behind them for possibly the last time.

They were ready.
(I'm subbed but prefer to be pinged because I'm subbed to a lot of things and tend to skim over everything that's not a ping. Wow that's a mouthful.)

Hunter ran a tanned hand through their shoulder-length brown hair as they checked over their belongings once more. Vest, check. Ammo, check. Extra binders, check. Hair tie...

"Come on, where are you," they murmured, casting their gaze over their belongings and tangling their fingers in their hair. They could've sworn they had put it somewhere...

Ah, there on the coffee table. With a slap to the forehead Hunter strode forward and picked up the errant band, tying their hair back with the ease of years of practice. They put their hands on their hips and nodded. They were ready.

To be perfectly honest, they were slightly nervous. After all, this was easily the biggest hunt of their life, possibly anyone's life. Not to mention they were going into the unknown with two strangers: A young woman named Hallie and a guide who was more of an unknown than the Monster itself.

The sound of a car pulled Hunter out of their thoughts, and they scrambled to put on their backpack and weapons. Taking a deep breath, they walked to the front door, opened it, and stepped out, locking it behind them for possibly the last time.

They were ready.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@myriadofstars

The driver exited the car and opened its door for Hunter as they emerged from the house. Hallie moved across in her seat, practically trembling with excitement. "Hi! Hunter?"

Hallie was the sort of person who people would assume was a bit too naive to be in this business. She found every aspect of it- no less the risk of certain death- very exciting. But that didn't make her a fool. Fearlessness didn't equal impulsive. "Oh, you look nervous! Don't worry, they wouldn't have hired us if they didn't think we knew what we were doing!"

Of course, Hallie knew time and time again hunters risked their life against this particular Monster, and even the most elite had failed. But Hallie liked to think it would go differently. If only so she'd end up alive at the end of it.
@myriadofstars

The driver exited the car and opened its door for Hunter as they emerged from the house. Hallie moved across in her seat, practically trembling with excitement. "Hi! Hunter?"

Hallie was the sort of person who people would assume was a bit too naive to be in this business. She found every aspect of it- no less the risk of certain death- very exciting. But that didn't make her a fool. Fearlessness didn't equal impulsive. "Oh, you look nervous! Don't worry, they wouldn't have hired us if they didn't think we knew what we were doing!"

Of course, Hallie knew time and time again hunters risked their life against this particular Monster, and even the most elite had failed. But Hallie liked to think it would go differently. If only so she'd end up alive at the end of it.
Hunter gave a small smile at the woman – Hallie – as they got into the car. They nodded at the driver, waiting for the door to close before removing their backpack and its attached rifle.

"That obvious, huh?" they asked, chuckling to themself. "I suppose you're right, though." They could feel themself calming down in the face of Hallie's infectious enthusiasm.

They shook their head slightly and stuck out a hand. "Yes, I'm Hunter. On the nose, I know. And I'm assuming you're Hallie?"
Hunter gave a small smile at the woman – Hallie – as they got into the car. They nodded at the driver, waiting for the door to close before removing their backpack and its attached rifle.

"That obvious, huh?" they asked, chuckling to themself. "I suppose you're right, though." They could feel themself calming down in the face of Hallie's infectious enthusiasm.

They shook their head slightly and stuck out a hand. "Yes, I'm Hunter. On the nose, I know. And I'm assuming you're Hallie?"
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Hallie smiled brightly. Normally, she was waved off, but Hunter seemed relieved by her presence. "In the flesh!" She shook her head to herself slightly. "Don't worry, I'll be quieter once we get to the forest. I'm getting all my excitement out; I know tracking is a silent process. But hopefully we'll be good friends! Always better in this job if you've got people with your back for more than their paycheque, don't you think?" She didn't seem to be talking from experience; in fact, her expertise when it came to having a partner was practically non-existent. You just didn't need one for the monsters she was used to hunting.
Hallie smiled brightly. Normally, she was waved off, but Hunter seemed relieved by her presence. "In the flesh!" She shook her head to herself slightly. "Don't worry, I'll be quieter once we get to the forest. I'm getting all my excitement out; I know tracking is a silent process. But hopefully we'll be good friends! Always better in this job if you've got people with your back for more than their paycheque, don't you think?" She didn't seem to be talking from experience; in fact, her expertise when it came to having a partner was practically non-existent. You just didn't need one for the monsters she was used to hunting.
Hunter had to admit, they were a bit taken aback by Hallie's exuberance. Her promise that she would be quieter once they actually started tracking the monster was more than a little reassuring. However, it was a nice change to meet someone actually excited about their job; the few partners they'd worked with before had been... Well, "gruff" didn't quite cover it.

"I suppose," they said. "Never really had much experience with partners, to be honest. Or guides, for that matter." They frowned slightly at the thought.

"Speaking of, do you know anything about our guide at all? All I know is a name. Not exactly much to go off of; can't even really tell if they're a man or woman. Not that that matters much, at least to me."
Hunter had to admit, they were a bit taken aback by Hallie's exuberance. Her promise that she would be quieter once they actually started tracking the monster was more than a little reassuring. However, it was a nice change to meet someone actually excited about their job; the few partners they'd worked with before had been... Well, "gruff" didn't quite cover it.

"I suppose," they said. "Never really had much experience with partners, to be honest. Or guides, for that matter." They frowned slightly at the thought.

"Speaking of, do you know anything about our guide at all? All I know is a name. Not exactly much to go off of; can't even really tell if they're a man or woman. Not that that matters much, at least to me."
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Hallie was completely oblivious to anything Hunter was thinking about her, and it showed by how she continued to chat. "Can't say I have either. In fact, I've only ever had one partner, she was not happy to be with me," she laughed. She shook her head at their question, growing a bit more serious. "No, I literally only know their name. Jamie. It's not really very... It's not the sort of name you can infer things from, is it? Being unisex and all. Well, I hope they're nice! The last thing you want is a grumpy guide," she pointed out.
Hallie was completely oblivious to anything Hunter was thinking about her, and it showed by how she continued to chat. "Can't say I have either. In fact, I've only ever had one partner, she was not happy to be with me," she laughed. She shook her head at their question, growing a bit more serious. "No, I literally only know their name. Jamie. It's not really very... It's not the sort of name you can infer things from, is it? Being unisex and all. Well, I hope they're nice! The last thing you want is a grumpy guide," she pointed out.
Hunter snorted at that last bit. They had worked with some pretty grumpy people in their life, and were not eager to repeat the experience.

"I suppose I should tell you," they said, glancing over at Hallie out of the corner of their eye. "I'm a Shifter. Can turn into a hawk. Don't ask me what type, I've got no clue." Hunter scratched the back of their head. "It should come in handy for tracking – I've got amazing eyesight and hearing as a hawk. My sense of smell is abysmal, though."
Hunter snorted at that last bit. They had worked with some pretty grumpy people in their life, and were not eager to repeat the experience.

"I suppose I should tell you," they said, glancing over at Hallie out of the corner of their eye. "I'm a Shifter. Can turn into a hawk. Don't ask me what type, I've got no clue." Hunter scratched the back of their head. "It should come in handy for tracking – I've got amazing eyesight and hearing as a hawk. My sense of smell is abysmal, though."
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Hallie hadn't expected that, but from her grin it was clear she wasn't disappointed. "That's awesome! Like, you can literally turn into a hawk? Oh, my god, we could prank our guide and everything with that!" she squealed in excitement, practically bouncing in her seat. "I knew you guys existed, but... Oh, that's so cool! I've never met a shifter before!"
Hallie hadn't expected that, but from her grin it was clear she wasn't disappointed. "That's awesome! Like, you can literally turn into a hawk? Oh, my god, we could prank our guide and everything with that!" she squealed in excitement, practically bouncing in her seat. "I knew you guys existed, but... Oh, that's so cool! I've never met a shifter before!"
Hunter scratched at the back of their neck. "Heh, yeah, it's pretty cool. To be honest, it's the reason I became a hunter in the first place – I'm a hunter by name, nature and occupation, I suppose you could say.

"Oh, and food won't be an issue for me. Yes, I eat raw dead stuff; no, I don't eat any of it as a human. It's like... there's this mental wall between my human and hawk side, you see? So as a hawk I can do things I wouldn't be able to as a human, and vice versa." They shook their head. "But enough about me; what about you? Why did you become a hunter?"
Hunter scratched at the back of their neck. "Heh, yeah, it's pretty cool. To be honest, it's the reason I became a hunter in the first place – I'm a hunter by name, nature and occupation, I suppose you could say.

"Oh, and food won't be an issue for me. Yes, I eat raw dead stuff; no, I don't eat any of it as a human. It's like... there's this mental wall between my human and hawk side, you see? So as a hawk I can do things I wouldn't be able to as a human, and vice versa." They shook their head. "But enough about me; what about you? Why did you become a hunter?"
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14