Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | closed 1x1
1 2 3 4
Howdy! I have never rp'd on here, and I would very much like to start. Only issue is, I wasn't sure where exactly. I know there's the training ground thread, however it seemed daunting as I got the impression people were starting a rp on there, and I didn't want to intrude on that. (To specify, it seemed they were interacting and I didn't want to just hop on in like "wassup" in the middle of it all.)

So I figured I can probably just start a new thread. The rping I want to do is with my FR dragons, mainly Aubergine, who I have as my avatar currently. I have the intention of him going off into the Starwood Strand, trying to go on a self discovery and getting lost along the way (literally and metaphorically). He's got some issues about his brother being exalted, and he tries his best to just learn things and question what's around him. I think that would help drive the plot, ie: him asking questions or going off and investigating something he saw.

But moving that aside, my roleplaying style. As I'm relatively new, and my school has this site blocked, I'm usually online around 16:00 to 20:00, where I am it's rather late, so I may be a bit tired, or may need to stop after a bit. If I disappear, I will give you a notice beforehand as long as I know I'm going. My replies are typically a paragraph but I would like to do more. I love detail, but forgive me if I leave it out. I found that often enough I'll be unsure on what to reply within a reply, and take the directive of starting an action. I wish to work on that here. I hope to find someone who's willing to work with me through that, and maybe willing to give me pointers cause I have one brain cell
Howdy! I have never rp'd on here, and I would very much like to start. Only issue is, I wasn't sure where exactly. I know there's the training ground thread, however it seemed daunting as I got the impression people were starting a rp on there, and I didn't want to intrude on that. (To specify, it seemed they were interacting and I didn't want to just hop on in like "wassup" in the middle of it all.)

So I figured I can probably just start a new thread. The rping I want to do is with my FR dragons, mainly Aubergine, who I have as my avatar currently. I have the intention of him going off into the Starwood Strand, trying to go on a self discovery and getting lost along the way (literally and metaphorically). He's got some issues about his brother being exalted, and he tries his best to just learn things and question what's around him. I think that would help drive the plot, ie: him asking questions or going off and investigating something he saw.

But moving that aside, my roleplaying style. As I'm relatively new, and my school has this site blocked, I'm usually online around 16:00 to 20:00, where I am it's rather late, so I may be a bit tired, or may need to stop after a bit. If I disappear, I will give you a notice beforehand as long as I know I'm going. My replies are typically a paragraph but I would like to do more. I love detail, but forgive me if I leave it out. I found that often enough I'll be unsure on what to reply within a reply, and take the directive of starting an action. I wish to work on that here. I hope to find someone who's willing to work with me through that, and maybe willing to give me pointers cause I have one brain cell
They/Them
FR +3
Coming back from a little break, still have to get things in order though, sorry for that.
@GhostLeaf
That’s an interesting idea. I have a character named Moonstone who’s an Arcane Dragon who wants to do something different with her life. Maybe ours character could run into her and she’d show yours around? She has the trademark curiosity of Arcane dragons so she’d accompany your characters’ investigations and such.
@GhostLeaf
That’s an interesting idea. I have a character named Moonstone who’s an Arcane Dragon who wants to do something different with her life. Maybe ours character could run into her and she’d show yours around? She has the trademark curiosity of Arcane dragons so she’d accompany your characters’ investigations and such.
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna run around and desert you
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
||
@FauxbiaPhobia I would be delighted if our dragons could interact! Do you want to continue on this thread or rp in pm's? Also who starts?
@FauxbiaPhobia I would be delighted if our dragons could interact! Do you want to continue on this thread or rp in pm's? Also who starts?
They/Them
FR +3
Coming back from a little break, still have to get things in order though, sorry for that.
@GhostLeaf You should start, and I don’t care which one. I am too indecisive and always worry that my choice has inconvenienced the other, especially when the result of the choice doesn’t matter to me lmao Also here’s a pic of mah girl Moonstone [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=274853&skin=0&apparel=12902,6276,3690&xt=dressing.png[/img]
@GhostLeaf
You should start, and I don’t care which one. I am too indecisive and always worry that my choice has inconvenienced the other, especially when the result of the choice doesn’t matter to me lmao
Also here’s a pic of mah girl Moonstone
scry?sdid=274853&skin=0&apparel=12902,6276,3690&xt=dressing.png
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
||
((I felt that bro, thank you so much for doing this btw))

Aubergine crept along what he knew for certain was not a path. He recalled his hesitance to enter the Starwood Strand, the unease he encountered as he teetered the line that afternoon. He couldn't stop himself, he had to know what lurked behind these trees. However, his motivation found itself lacking as time drew on. He went farther and farther into the thicket. At some point, the mirror turned around, realizing that he couldn't recall which way he came from. Anxious as the day turned to night, the stories his mother and father had warned him about would whisper doubts and fear into his mind. On high alert, he tried to be as quiet as he could, as if he were hunting. Aubergine resisted the urge to just gawk at the strange fauna. Adjusting his glasses, he decided to pick a direction and stick to it, he'd make it out eventually... right?
((I felt that bro, thank you so much for doing this btw))

Aubergine crept along what he knew for certain was not a path. He recalled his hesitance to enter the Starwood Strand, the unease he encountered as he teetered the line that afternoon. He couldn't stop himself, he had to know what lurked behind these trees. However, his motivation found itself lacking as time drew on. He went farther and farther into the thicket. At some point, the mirror turned around, realizing that he couldn't recall which way he came from. Anxious as the day turned to night, the stories his mother and father had warned him about would whisper doubts and fear into his mind. On high alert, he tried to be as quiet as he could, as if he were hunting. Aubergine resisted the urge to just gawk at the strange fauna. Adjusting his glasses, he decided to pick a direction and stick to it, he'd make it out eventually... right?
They/Them
FR +3
((ahhh she's so pretty!! forgive me but I still dunno how to do the thing with the dragon pictures. Sorry it took me a bit to reply))

((I gtg to sleep in like 10 mins bro, I might not get back to you for a while))
((ahhh she's so pretty!! forgive me but I still dunno how to do the thing with the dragon pictures. Sorry it took me a bit to reply))

((I gtg to sleep in like 10 mins bro, I might not get back to you for a while))
They/Them
FR +3
@GhostLeaf
It’s alright lmao))
I forgot to sub to this thread so i’m only seeing this now, sorry))
Moonstone was bored. She’d lived her whole life in the Starwood Strand, because her Clan leader was somewhat of a daredevil and decided that the danger would be worth the beauty. But Moonstone felt like she’d already explored every nook and cranny of this place, and she was ready for adventure. She looked around her Clan for a moment, made up her mind, and flew out into the forest.
(She’ll run into Aubergine
Would’ve done more but I’m outta time))
@GhostLeaf
It’s alright lmao))
I forgot to sub to this thread so i’m only seeing this now, sorry))
Moonstone was bored. She’d lived her whole life in the Starwood Strand, because her Clan leader was somewhat of a daredevil and decided that the danger would be worth the beauty. But Moonstone felt like she’d already explored every nook and cranny of this place, and she was ready for adventure. She looked around her Clan for a moment, made up her mind, and flew out into the forest.
(She’ll run into Aubergine
Would’ve done more but I’m outta time))
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
||
((lol rip don't be sorry!!))

This place had next to no resemblance to his home, it seemed so strange to him, all the trees. He'd only really seen them from a distance. A bit tired, he kept dredging on, he began to loose any hope of getting out. Every now and then, he'd stop and stick a stray twig up right into the ground, and skewer two leaves onto it. Just in case he passes the trail he's already walked. He knew he should've played it safe. He's such a fool for not abiding by the buddy system his father was so adamant about.

Aubergine wondered if anyone else would be near. He'd heard that some clans and dragons dared to live here, if they hadn't gotten lost unintentionally. He hadn't noticed any one in particular during his... adventure. The trees towered above him, a it almost reminded him of the rocks at home. He found himself watching the sky grow dark, wondering if the stars would be the same. "What a silly thought, of course they are." He chided to himself quietly, shaking his head.

((sorry I'm a bit late, just got back from school))
((lol rip don't be sorry!!))

This place had next to no resemblance to his home, it seemed so strange to him, all the trees. He'd only really seen them from a distance. A bit tired, he kept dredging on, he began to loose any hope of getting out. Every now and then, he'd stop and stick a stray twig up right into the ground, and skewer two leaves onto it. Just in case he passes the trail he's already walked. He knew he should've played it safe. He's such a fool for not abiding by the buddy system his father was so adamant about.

Aubergine wondered if anyone else would be near. He'd heard that some clans and dragons dared to live here, if they hadn't gotten lost unintentionally. He hadn't noticed any one in particular during his... adventure. The trees towered above him, a it almost reminded him of the rocks at home. He found himself watching the sky grow dark, wondering if the stars would be the same. "What a silly thought, of course they are." He chided to himself quietly, shaking his head.

((sorry I'm a bit late, just got back from school))
They/Them
FR +3
Moonstone was flitting from branch to branch, not unlike a bird. She was anticipating the darkness, knowing that when it came the trees would flower, and it would be a sight like no other. She hovered in the air, taking a moment to enjoy the crisp forest air. Suddenly, she heard a voice. She immediately turned in the direction of the voice, looking around. Curious, she flirted towards where she’d heard it, and found a mirror dragon watching the sky. “Oh!” she said, her monotone fae voice failing to portray her surprise. “Hello!” Again, there wasn’t no way of knowing how she really felt; since faes didn’t exhibit common body language, other dragon breeds could only guess. Moonstone wondered wildly why there was an unfamiliar mirror in the Starwood Strand. Tourism, maybe? But why this deep into it, if that was the reason?

(You should probs change the name of this thread to something like Closed 1x1 so that nobody else tries to join))
Moonstone was flitting from branch to branch, not unlike a bird. She was anticipating the darkness, knowing that when it came the trees would flower, and it would be a sight like no other. She hovered in the air, taking a moment to enjoy the crisp forest air. Suddenly, she heard a voice. She immediately turned in the direction of the voice, looking around. Curious, she flirted towards where she’d heard it, and found a mirror dragon watching the sky. “Oh!” she said, her monotone fae voice failing to portray her surprise. “Hello!” Again, there wasn’t no way of knowing how she really felt; since faes didn’t exhibit common body language, other dragon breeds could only guess. Moonstone wondered wildly why there was an unfamiliar mirror in the Starwood Strand. Tourism, maybe? But why this deep into it, if that was the reason?

(You should probs change the name of this thread to something like Closed 1x1 so that nobody else tries to join))
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
||
Aubergine jumped, growling instinctively and backing away from where he heard the noise. He calmed himself, realizing it was another dragon. A fae. He'd only met two in his life. One long gone and the other doesn't spend much time with the clan. Something was a bit unnerving about this stranger. Perhaps it's because he didn't know what her intentions were. How intriguing, looking at her with curious eyes, albeit alert.

"Hello." He wondered if she lived here, or if she'd gotten lost like he had. She seemed so calm, but she was a fae, so he really couldn't be certain. "Who are you?"
Aubergine jumped, growling instinctively and backing away from where he heard the noise. He calmed himself, realizing it was another dragon. A fae. He'd only met two in his life. One long gone and the other doesn't spend much time with the clan. Something was a bit unnerving about this stranger. Perhaps it's because he didn't know what her intentions were. How intriguing, looking at her with curious eyes, albeit alert.

"Hello." He wondered if she lived here, or if she'd gotten lost like he had. She seemed so calm, but she was a fae, so he really couldn't be certain. "Who are you?"
They/Them
FR +3
1 2 3 4