Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Corrupted Hearts IC
1 2 3 4 5 6
The collective sound of a hundred voices calling out in unison arose from the crowd, each one prepared to sacrifice themselves for the cause of freeing themselves. The Earthshaker nodded his head.
"So be it."
He stomped a great rocky foot, and holes appeared, the ground crumbling in on itself to reveal five different tunnels leading underground.
"Below the great pillar you will find a great labyrinth. Choose your paths wisely, for it is not safe below the surface. Horrors lurk in the tunnels that not even my kind know of. You will go in five groups, each will have an equal chance of surviving. Whether you choose to work together or not, you must reach the center of the maze to move on to the next trial. Good luck, all of you."
The dragons began filing into the tunnels, splitting up into smaller groups. All of you manage to end up in the same tunnel.
And so it begins.

The tunnels are tight, with barely enough room for an Imperial to stand with their neck bent over. The light fades away behind you as you go deeper into the ground...
The collective sound of a hundred voices calling out in unison arose from the crowd, each one prepared to sacrifice themselves for the cause of freeing themselves. The Earthshaker nodded his head.
"So be it."
He stomped a great rocky foot, and holes appeared, the ground crumbling in on itself to reveal five different tunnels leading underground.
"Below the great pillar you will find a great labyrinth. Choose your paths wisely, for it is not safe below the surface. Horrors lurk in the tunnels that not even my kind know of. You will go in five groups, each will have an equal chance of surviving. Whether you choose to work together or not, you must reach the center of the maze to move on to the next trial. Good luck, all of you."
The dragons began filing into the tunnels, splitting up into smaller groups. All of you manage to end up in the same tunnel.
And so it begins.

The tunnels are tight, with barely enough room for an Imperial to stand with their neck bent over. The light fades away behind you as you go deeper into the ground...
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
Iris - Fae - In the Labyrinth - Pings: Open
Iris was relieved. Finally, she didn't have to run for her life from something that couldn't be run from! She ran out from underneath Knack, stretching her wings. One of them was burned, but she was used to it. It wasn't that bad anyway. She flitted into the air, peering into the tunnel. "What an odd first Trial," she commented. "Does any of you think there'll be monsters or something?"

Esme - Skydancer - With Pie - Pings: @Sunnycat4
Esme looked around nervously. She had a sort of mild claustrophobia, and she knew that if she was herself right now, she would barely have any room to breathe. Her breathing sped up and she drew in on herself, despite her current small size. When the cloaked fae spoke, she had to suppress a glare. That fae would never have to worry about having enough room to move around.

Belladonna - Pearlcatcher - With Shem - Pings: @Sunnycat4
Belladonna looked around, finding the area especially hard to see in what with the limited light and her mask. Prism had a distinct dislike of the dark, and it showed in her tensing up and clinging to Belladonna's snout horn. As the fae asked her question, Belladonna considered it. "Probably," she said, "otherwise, how would we prove our 'worth'?" Prism, despite her tenseness, relayed Belladonna's words to the others.

Hemlock - Nocturne - With Nestadren - Pings: @Oriena
Hemlock wasn't especially bothered by the darkness. Sure, he couldn't exactly see well at the moment, but nocturnes were the dragons of the Shadowbinder. Even if they were in a different Elemental Flight, they still had some form of comfort in the dark. Tawny, on the other hand, had no trouble seeing whatsoever. She ran ahead of the others, stopping and looking back when they didn't follow. She was likely wondering why they couldn't see the way. Hemlock snapped his talons, and Tawny ran back to his side.
Iris - Fae - In the Labyrinth - Pings: Open
Iris was relieved. Finally, she didn't have to run for her life from something that couldn't be run from! She ran out from underneath Knack, stretching her wings. One of them was burned, but she was used to it. It wasn't that bad anyway. She flitted into the air, peering into the tunnel. "What an odd first Trial," she commented. "Does any of you think there'll be monsters or something?"

Esme - Skydancer - With Pie - Pings: @Sunnycat4
Esme looked around nervously. She had a sort of mild claustrophobia, and she knew that if she was herself right now, she would barely have any room to breathe. Her breathing sped up and she drew in on herself, despite her current small size. When the cloaked fae spoke, she had to suppress a glare. That fae would never have to worry about having enough room to move around.

Belladonna - Pearlcatcher - With Shem - Pings: @Sunnycat4
Belladonna looked around, finding the area especially hard to see in what with the limited light and her mask. Prism had a distinct dislike of the dark, and it showed in her tensing up and clinging to Belladonna's snout horn. As the fae asked her question, Belladonna considered it. "Probably," she said, "otherwise, how would we prove our 'worth'?" Prism, despite her tenseness, relayed Belladonna's words to the others.

Hemlock - Nocturne - With Nestadren - Pings: @Oriena
Hemlock wasn't especially bothered by the darkness. Sure, he couldn't exactly see well at the moment, but nocturnes were the dragons of the Shadowbinder. Even if they were in a different Elemental Flight, they still had some form of comfort in the dark. Tawny, on the other hand, had no trouble seeing whatsoever. She ran ahead of the others, stopping and looking back when they didn't follow. She was likely wondering why they couldn't see the way. Hemlock snapped his talons, and Tawny ran back to his side.
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna run around and desert you
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
||
Pie l:l Mentions: Open l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Pie was panicking. The sky was gone, there was no light to speak of, not even any stars. His breath was comming in short panicky bursts. He could already feel the walls closing in on him. This was the first trial? Underground! Pie startled as a falling rock hit his nose, backwards-ran into a wall, panicked at the feeling of dirt, ard darted forward again. He spun around in the center of the tunnel, wings half spread. Never before had he willingly gone underground. A small high pitched shriek escaped him. He had no idea how he was going to do this.

Shem l:l Mentions: Belladonna l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Shem blinked, adjusting their eyes to the dark. The tunnels were dark and dank, and while some dragons were clearly enjoying it, others were panicking, like their flower. Shem couldn't let that last. They placed a wing over Belladonna's back and reached deep into their coat.
Out of a hidden inner pocket Shem pulled a small translucent orb. They shook it violently and it began to light up, glowing a soft blue. It illuminated a few tail legenths in front of them. Shem handed the small light to Belladonna's sprite. It was being surprisingly useful, for a cheep babuble Shem had stolen from a Ligh Bazaar. They cooed softly to their flower and pulled their wing back, returning to the front of the group. They cleared their throat to get everyone's attention. Shem's voice was gravelly and low, but understandable. "Everone stay behind me, I'll call out if theres any trouble I can't handle. Keep together.". Shem gave a soft flick of their tail amd moved ahead, at the edge of the range of the small light.
Pie l:l Mentions: Open l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Pie was panicking. The sky was gone, there was no light to speak of, not even any stars. His breath was comming in short panicky bursts. He could already feel the walls closing in on him. This was the first trial? Underground! Pie startled as a falling rock hit his nose, backwards-ran into a wall, panicked at the feeling of dirt, ard darted forward again. He spun around in the center of the tunnel, wings half spread. Never before had he willingly gone underground. A small high pitched shriek escaped him. He had no idea how he was going to do this.

Shem l:l Mentions: Belladonna l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Shem blinked, adjusting their eyes to the dark. The tunnels were dark and dank, and while some dragons were clearly enjoying it, others were panicking, like their flower. Shem couldn't let that last. They placed a wing over Belladonna's back and reached deep into their coat.
Out of a hidden inner pocket Shem pulled a small translucent orb. They shook it violently and it began to light up, glowing a soft blue. It illuminated a few tail legenths in front of them. Shem handed the small light to Belladonna's sprite. It was being surprisingly useful, for a cheep babuble Shem had stolen from a Ligh Bazaar. They cooed softly to their flower and pulled their wing back, returning to the front of the group. They cleared their throat to get everyone's attention. Shem's voice was gravelly and low, but understandable. "Everone stay behind me, I'll call out if theres any trouble I can't handle. Keep together.". Shem gave a soft flick of their tail amd moved ahead, at the edge of the range of the small light.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
Nestadren - Wildclaw - with Hemlock - mentions Pie - pings @FauxbiaPhobia and @Sunnycat4

A sound echoed through the halls of the labyrinth. A shriek. Nesta shivered, that was a dragons voice. "Someone's in trouble," she told Hemlock. "We should help."
She started following the sound, one claw fidgeting her pouch of bones. Shadow. Chaos. Blood. The ancestors weren't happy. She found she didn't really care.
Nestadren - Wildclaw - with Hemlock - mentions Pie - pings @FauxbiaPhobia and @Sunnycat4

A sound echoed through the halls of the labyrinth. A shriek. Nesta shivered, that was a dragons voice. "Someone's in trouble," she told Hemlock. "We should help."
She started following the sound, one claw fidgeting her pouch of bones. Shadow. Chaos. Blood. The ancestors weren't happy. She found she didn't really care.
yGHsn8r.pngCU6MPLW.png
Knack - Imperial - Tunnels - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia
Knack was forced to bow her head further and further as they went deeper until her head was at about the same level as everyone else's. She grumbled, already feeling her neck start to tense up and hurt. She heard Iris ask her question, then a sharp and clear voice answered her. Knack was already grumpy, so she couldn't hesitate giving a response of her own.
"Oh, you can be sure there will be monsters down here. Didn't you hear the Earthshaker when he talked about "Horrors lurk in the tunnels that not even my kind know of"? Have you not heard the reports of miners and archaeologists disappearing down here? The deities have sent us into a death trap. They don't care about saving us, they just want to knock us off so they don't have to deal with us!!!" She took no note of the snapper trying to move past her.

Bony - Mirror - Tunnels - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia @Sunnycat4
The mirror wasn't very keen on being so deep underground. He jumped a little when he heard a shriek and dodged to the side as a crazed skydancer ran around between the other dragons. He leaned over to his brother and whispered "I wonder what that guys' problem is." Then, the mirror heard a familiar voice call out from ahead of the pack as a small light illuminated the tunnel in front of them. Bony nodded to Bruiser and gestured to the front. Without waiting, he trotted forward, slipping his small frame in betwixt the larger dragons. He heard someone complaining, but he didn't really bother to listen. He reached the front where he found the skydancer who had partially answered his question.
"Psst, hey! It's me, that mirror from earlier! I didn't catch your name."

Bruiser - Species - Tunnels - Pings: (None)
Bruiser didn't really react to the shriek, nor did he need to move when the skydancer went running by him. He shrugged at his brother's question, and before he could fully understand what Bony was trying to tell him the lithe mirror had slipped between the crowd. Bruiser tried to follow, but found himself stuck behind an imperial. "Um, excuse me, I need to get by y-" Suddenly, the imperial burst out complaining. The snapper backed up a little awkwardly, unsure of what to do.

Belle - Bogsneak - Tunnels - Pings: @Sunnycat4
As the light from above faded, Belle whistled to Awhmahn who came tapping back to her from a position closer to the front. She picked the familiar up and rubbed its head affectionately, then started tinkering with it a bit in an attempt to activate a flashlight in its eye. Suddenly, a skydancer came shrieking by the dragons ahead of her. Surprised, she took a few steps back and watched as the poor creature slammed into the tunnel wall and started dashing around in a circle. Frowning, Belle quickly finished making her adjustments. A powerful beam flickered to life from Awhmahn's eye, and she set the familiar down, rushing over to the skydancer.
"Well I never! Hey now, stop that! What's wrong with you?" she made an attempt to catch the skydancer as he ran.

Hayfree - Pearlcatcher - Tunnels - Pings: (None)
The pearlcatcher was starting to feel claustrophobic. It was getting harder to breathe behind her mask, and the vines coiled around her didn't help. On top of all that, she could feel that horrible wrongness even stronger than before. Sksksk stuck close to her side, just as uncomfortable. It was impossible to see where she was going down here, but her manticore could at least see decently well and was able to brush up against her legs to guide her. A shriek rang out, and Hayfree had had enough. Desperate, she tore off the mask, gasping and taking in gulps of stale air, coughing in between. Her eyes gave off a dim glow, gently illuminating the walls around her in a deep green light. She hardly noticed the two dragons that passed her by on their way to see what had happened up ahead.

Marble - Imperial - Tunnels - Pings: @Sunnycat4
The imperial was disturbed by the sudden shriek and the complaints of what he sensed to be another imperial. He pushed his way forward, his head gently grazing the stone roof above him. He approached the one who had decidedly taken the lead of the pack, taking care not to step on a mirror next to him.
"Pardon me, but I was wondering if I mightn't be able to help?"

Hyena is wary about being so small in such a tight space with so many dragons, so he is sticking closely with Hai, who is sniffing after Tawny.
For Sahr, the fish have disappeared... and have been replaced by ancient decrepit monsters that were fossilized in the rocks. She's panicking and gasping out of surprise with every other step as more horrifying creatures come into view around her.
Fantal has sunk partially into the floor and is passing through the feet of the crowd in an attempt to get ahead of everyone and get a look at where she's going. She's planning to skip through the entire Labyrinth on her own and leave everyone behind.
Heartbeat is close to the back, still eyeing up the others.
Lates is freezing over a little, but the fractures she suffered earlier are almost healed.
Feverfew is making sure he hangs far back behind the crowd. He doesn't want to risk being in close proximity to anyone.
Unnamed is trying to catch up to his companions, them being the only dragons he actually knows. He stops in the same area as Esme, Belladonna, and Iris.
Knack - Imperial - Tunnels - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia
Knack was forced to bow her head further and further as they went deeper until her head was at about the same level as everyone else's. She grumbled, already feeling her neck start to tense up and hurt. She heard Iris ask her question, then a sharp and clear voice answered her. Knack was already grumpy, so she couldn't hesitate giving a response of her own.
"Oh, you can be sure there will be monsters down here. Didn't you hear the Earthshaker when he talked about "Horrors lurk in the tunnels that not even my kind know of"? Have you not heard the reports of miners and archaeologists disappearing down here? The deities have sent us into a death trap. They don't care about saving us, they just want to knock us off so they don't have to deal with us!!!" She took no note of the snapper trying to move past her.

Bony - Mirror - Tunnels - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia @Sunnycat4
The mirror wasn't very keen on being so deep underground. He jumped a little when he heard a shriek and dodged to the side as a crazed skydancer ran around between the other dragons. He leaned over to his brother and whispered "I wonder what that guys' problem is." Then, the mirror heard a familiar voice call out from ahead of the pack as a small light illuminated the tunnel in front of them. Bony nodded to Bruiser and gestured to the front. Without waiting, he trotted forward, slipping his small frame in betwixt the larger dragons. He heard someone complaining, but he didn't really bother to listen. He reached the front where he found the skydancer who had partially answered his question.
"Psst, hey! It's me, that mirror from earlier! I didn't catch your name."

Bruiser - Species - Tunnels - Pings: (None)
Bruiser didn't really react to the shriek, nor did he need to move when the skydancer went running by him. He shrugged at his brother's question, and before he could fully understand what Bony was trying to tell him the lithe mirror had slipped between the crowd. Bruiser tried to follow, but found himself stuck behind an imperial. "Um, excuse me, I need to get by y-" Suddenly, the imperial burst out complaining. The snapper backed up a little awkwardly, unsure of what to do.

Belle - Bogsneak - Tunnels - Pings: @Sunnycat4
As the light from above faded, Belle whistled to Awhmahn who came tapping back to her from a position closer to the front. She picked the familiar up and rubbed its head affectionately, then started tinkering with it a bit in an attempt to activate a flashlight in its eye. Suddenly, a skydancer came shrieking by the dragons ahead of her. Surprised, she took a few steps back and watched as the poor creature slammed into the tunnel wall and started dashing around in a circle. Frowning, Belle quickly finished making her adjustments. A powerful beam flickered to life from Awhmahn's eye, and she set the familiar down, rushing over to the skydancer.
"Well I never! Hey now, stop that! What's wrong with you?" she made an attempt to catch the skydancer as he ran.

Hayfree - Pearlcatcher - Tunnels - Pings: (None)
The pearlcatcher was starting to feel claustrophobic. It was getting harder to breathe behind her mask, and the vines coiled around her didn't help. On top of all that, she could feel that horrible wrongness even stronger than before. Sksksk stuck close to her side, just as uncomfortable. It was impossible to see where she was going down here, but her manticore could at least see decently well and was able to brush up against her legs to guide her. A shriek rang out, and Hayfree had had enough. Desperate, she tore off the mask, gasping and taking in gulps of stale air, coughing in between. Her eyes gave off a dim glow, gently illuminating the walls around her in a deep green light. She hardly noticed the two dragons that passed her by on their way to see what had happened up ahead.

Marble - Imperial - Tunnels - Pings: @Sunnycat4
The imperial was disturbed by the sudden shriek and the complaints of what he sensed to be another imperial. He pushed his way forward, his head gently grazing the stone roof above him. He approached the one who had decidedly taken the lead of the pack, taking care not to step on a mirror next to him.
"Pardon me, but I was wondering if I mightn't be able to help?"

Hyena is wary about being so small in such a tight space with so many dragons, so he is sticking closely with Hai, who is sniffing after Tawny.
For Sahr, the fish have disappeared... and have been replaced by ancient decrepit monsters that were fossilized in the rocks. She's panicking and gasping out of surprise with every other step as more horrifying creatures come into view around her.
Fantal has sunk partially into the floor and is passing through the feet of the crowd in an attempt to get ahead of everyone and get a look at where she's going. She's planning to skip through the entire Labyrinth on her own and leave everyone behind.
Heartbeat is close to the back, still eyeing up the others.
Lates is freezing over a little, but the fractures she suffered earlier are almost healed.
Feverfew is making sure he hangs far back behind the crowd. He doesn't want to risk being in close proximity to anyone.
Unnamed is trying to catch up to his companions, them being the only dragons he actually knows. He stops in the same area as Esme, Belladonna, and Iris.
Iris - Fae - In the Labyrinth - Pings: @OnyxShade
Iris looked back at Knack, her crests twitching in displeasure. "I knew it was obvious; I was just asking for the others' opinions. Is that so wrong?" She didn't know-no, she didn't want to admit-why, but the imperial wasn't exactly in Iris' top ten list of favorite dragons at the moment. She removed her now unneeded hood.

Belladonna - Pearlcatcher - With Shem - Pings: @Sunnycat4 @OnyxShade
Belladonna was somewhat surprised to hear Shem take the lead like that, but she went to brush the Skydancer with her wing to show her support. Upon remembering that her wing was invisible and it would most likely startle Shem, she did it with her tail instead. When Bony approached, she didn't know how to react. Prism jumped on it, saying, "Their name is Shem, I believe. And this is Belladonna." Suddenly, an imperial came over. Belladonna drew her wings closer to her body. This was... a lot of large dragons. She wasn't particularly fond of imperials anyway. It wasn't personal, she was just predisposed to it due to her breed. "Oh, uh..." Belladonna murmured.

Esme - Skydancer - With Pie - Pings: @Sunnycat4 @OnyxShade
Though Esme was mildly claustrophobic, she'd never expected that kind of reaction from Pie. She jumped after him, finally catching up to him after he shrieked. "Woah, woah, you okay, Pie?" Stupid question, but it was dragon nature to ask those. She supported him and looked to the dragons who were staring at Pie. She finally acknowledged the bogsneak with the mechanical spider once that was taken care of. "Can't you see? He's obviously really claustrophobic!" Esme said. She normally wasn't like that; she usually avoided confrontation and the like like the Plague. This was a rare moment of difference, however.

Hemlock - Nocturne - With Nestadren - Pings: @Oreina @OnyxShade
Hemlock shrugged; the shriek had been unnerving, so maybe they should go help. He didn't know how he was supposed to help, though. He looked at Tawny to see her bristling at an approaching hainu. He scooped the tense owlcat up and set her on the little crook between the bases of his neck and wing, where she curled up and stared down at the hainu.
Iris - Fae - In the Labyrinth - Pings: @OnyxShade
Iris looked back at Knack, her crests twitching in displeasure. "I knew it was obvious; I was just asking for the others' opinions. Is that so wrong?" She didn't know-no, she didn't want to admit-why, but the imperial wasn't exactly in Iris' top ten list of favorite dragons at the moment. She removed her now unneeded hood.

Belladonna - Pearlcatcher - With Shem - Pings: @Sunnycat4 @OnyxShade
Belladonna was somewhat surprised to hear Shem take the lead like that, but she went to brush the Skydancer with her wing to show her support. Upon remembering that her wing was invisible and it would most likely startle Shem, she did it with her tail instead. When Bony approached, she didn't know how to react. Prism jumped on it, saying, "Their name is Shem, I believe. And this is Belladonna." Suddenly, an imperial came over. Belladonna drew her wings closer to her body. This was... a lot of large dragons. She wasn't particularly fond of imperials anyway. It wasn't personal, she was just predisposed to it due to her breed. "Oh, uh..." Belladonna murmured.

Esme - Skydancer - With Pie - Pings: @Sunnycat4 @OnyxShade
Though Esme was mildly claustrophobic, she'd never expected that kind of reaction from Pie. She jumped after him, finally catching up to him after he shrieked. "Woah, woah, you okay, Pie?" Stupid question, but it was dragon nature to ask those. She supported him and looked to the dragons who were staring at Pie. She finally acknowledged the bogsneak with the mechanical spider once that was taken care of. "Can't you see? He's obviously really claustrophobic!" Esme said. She normally wasn't like that; she usually avoided confrontation and the like like the Plague. This was a rare moment of difference, however.

Hemlock - Nocturne - With Nestadren - Pings: @Oreina @OnyxShade
Hemlock shrugged; the shriek had been unnerving, so maybe they should go help. He didn't know how he was supposed to help, though. He looked at Tawny to see her bristling at an approaching hainu. He scooped the tense owlcat up and set her on the little crook between the bases of his neck and wing, where she curled up and stared down at the hainu.
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna run around and desert you
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
||
Pie l:l Mentions: Esme, Belle l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Pie barely heard the new dragon approach, he was busy panicking. He dropped to the floor of the tunnel with a small whomp of dust. He spread his arms and legs out, gripping the floor so tightly his claws dug diviots in the dirt. He began quivering, then shaking violently. "N-not claustrophobia, taphephobia," he squeaked "fear or being un-underground or being barried alive.". Pie drug his chin aginst the ground untill he was looking at Esme. His eyes were so dialated his pupils were barely visable and the whites of his eyes were showing. "Re-remember what I told you? This is an after effect.". He then clenched his eyes shut so hard they began to water. His breath becan comming faster, the start of hyperventilation.

Shem l:l Mentions: Belladonna, Bony, Marble l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Shem was surprised at all the offers to help. They just wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. The tunnels were horrible. They were even more suprised everyone was just accepting them as a natural leader. Shem just wanted to protect their flower, more than anything else. "If we are going to survive this we need to work as a unit. Mirrior, you can stay twoards the center of the group to protect our hide if we get attacked. Imperial, you could flank the group to make sure we dont get attacked from behind.". Shem turned to Belladonna and gave a soft purr, then rubbed the top of their head into her neck. This was Shem's flower. "We just need you to stay safe, keep the light lit.". They were surprised at how easily the words came now. Shem hoped the group would work together, or at the least partially obey them. They didn't want to have to bring the other out in here, it would get bloody fast.
Pie l:l Mentions: Esme, Belle l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Pie barely heard the new dragon approach, he was busy panicking. He dropped to the floor of the tunnel with a small whomp of dust. He spread his arms and legs out, gripping the floor so tightly his claws dug diviots in the dirt. He began quivering, then shaking violently. "N-not claustrophobia, taphephobia," he squeaked "fear or being un-underground or being barried alive.". Pie drug his chin aginst the ground untill he was looking at Esme. His eyes were so dialated his pupils were barely visable and the whites of his eyes were showing. "Re-remember what I told you? This is an after effect.". He then clenched his eyes shut so hard they began to water. His breath becan comming faster, the start of hyperventilation.

Shem l:l Mentions: Belladonna, Bony, Marble l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Shem was surprised at all the offers to help. They just wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. The tunnels were horrible. They were even more suprised everyone was just accepting them as a natural leader. Shem just wanted to protect their flower, more than anything else. "If we are going to survive this we need to work as a unit. Mirrior, you can stay twoards the center of the group to protect our hide if we get attacked. Imperial, you could flank the group to make sure we dont get attacked from behind.". Shem turned to Belladonna and gave a soft purr, then rubbed the top of their head into her neck. This was Shem's flower. "We just need you to stay safe, keep the light lit.". They were surprised at how easily the words came now. Shem hoped the group would work together, or at the least partially obey them. They didn't want to have to bring the other out in here, it would get bloody fast.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.

columns can suck my butt
Enjoy Sky Blue
Nestadren - Wildclaw - with Hemlock and approaching Pie - pings @FauxbiaPhobia and @Sunnycat4

Nestadren approached the hyperventilating dragon. The bones were screaming at her, her head was aching, but this dragon needed help. Whatever her ancestors thought.
"Hey there," she spoke softly, gently. "My name is Nesta, I'm here to help. Listen to my voice, can you do that? You're okey."
She let her voice drift into what she hoped was a soothing murmur, aware of Hemlock and Tawny behind her.
Nestadren - Wildclaw - with Hemlock and approaching Pie - pings @FauxbiaPhobia and @Sunnycat4

Nestadren approached the hyperventilating dragon. The bones were screaming at her, her head was aching, but this dragon needed help. Whatever her ancestors thought.
"Hey there," she spoke softly, gently. "My name is Nesta, I'm here to help. Listen to my voice, can you do that? You're okey."
She let her voice drift into what she hoped was a soothing murmur, aware of Hemlock and Tawny behind her.
yGHsn8r.pngCU6MPLW.png
Knack - Imperial - Mid-group - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia
She huffed. "I'm just making the point that it was clearly obvious and yet you still decided to ask that question. Also, WHY DO THESE TUNNELS HAVE TO BE SO LOW?? You may not have to deal with this because you're literally the smallest breed of dragon but I have to spend this entire trip halfway bent over. Are the deities planning to give us physical therapy once this is over as well as get rid of our curses?? Seriously, what were they thinking?????" She didn't give a thought to her feet as she stepped on a skinny mirror as he slipped by her.

Bony - Mirror - Front - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia @Sunnycat4
The Mirror shrugs, letting himself fall back and slip between the other dragons.
"Well it was nice meeting you two. Let me know if you ever need a morale boost, my brother and I could definitely- YOOOOOOOOWWW!!!" He was abruptly cut off as Knack stamped down on his foot.

Marble - Imperial - Front - Pings: @Sunnycat4
He hesitated.
"Well, m'am, I hate to object to your plan, but I'm an archer. I think if there's any place for me it would be at the front. I wouldn't want to be shooting anyone in the back, hehe." His ears twitched and his head swerved in alarm as the mirror who had been by him cried out in pain. "Ooh, that's gotta smart something bad."

Belle - Bogsneak - Back middle - Pings: @Sunnycat4 @FauxbiaPhobia
"Taphe-what now?? Hey, hey now, sh sh sh, calm down, ah, psst what's his name?" She realized he was hyperventilating and tried to back up and give him some space. She moved out of the way for the wildclaw as she approached. "Do you think you can help him? I'm not one fer helpin' dragons with their psychological issues."

Hyna - Mirror - Middle back - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia
The hatchling followed the hainu and tumbled into him, the two roughhousing. Hai got up and barked playfully at the owlcat in the nocturne's arms, leaping upwards and trying to get at them. Hyena cackled and followed suit, running circles around the nocturnes legs. He was eager to get at an opportunity to blow off some steam and didn't care if it was at someone else's expense.

Fantal - Tundra - WAAAYY ahead - Pings: (None)
The ethereal tundra had made her way down into the darkest depths of the tunnel. She drifted along, eager as ever to succeed over all others.
A deep chittering growl stopped her in her tracks. She heard the tac-tac-tac of some kind of claws on earth...
She couldn't see a thing in the utter darkness, but her sense of the shadows placed five large creatures in front of her. She giggled, diving into the ground beneath the mysterious foes in an attempt to pass them. Just as she thought she was safe, a warm glow illuminated the tunnel behind her. She turned, just out of curiosity, and horror clutched at her heart.
Her shrill screams echoed through the tunnels.

Sahr is still panicking and is trotting to the front of the group.
Heartbeat is staring at Knack while she complains.
Lates is nervously picking at some of the ice on her arms.
Feverfew is pulling back even further.
Hayfree is pounding her fists on the ground in rage and screeching.
Unnamed is alarmed by the amount of screaming going on around them, but out of it all, they sense something very wrong. They are forcing their way up to find Bony and Bruiser.

Something lurks in the tunnel ahead...
Knack - Imperial - Mid-group - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia
She huffed. "I'm just making the point that it was clearly obvious and yet you still decided to ask that question. Also, WHY DO THESE TUNNELS HAVE TO BE SO LOW?? You may not have to deal with this because you're literally the smallest breed of dragon but I have to spend this entire trip halfway bent over. Are the deities planning to give us physical therapy once this is over as well as get rid of our curses?? Seriously, what were they thinking?????" She didn't give a thought to her feet as she stepped on a skinny mirror as he slipped by her.

Bony - Mirror - Front - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia @Sunnycat4
The Mirror shrugs, letting himself fall back and slip between the other dragons.
"Well it was nice meeting you two. Let me know if you ever need a morale boost, my brother and I could definitely- YOOOOOOOOWWW!!!" He was abruptly cut off as Knack stamped down on his foot.

Marble - Imperial - Front - Pings: @Sunnycat4
He hesitated.
"Well, m'am, I hate to object to your plan, but I'm an archer. I think if there's any place for me it would be at the front. I wouldn't want to be shooting anyone in the back, hehe." His ears twitched and his head swerved in alarm as the mirror who had been by him cried out in pain. "Ooh, that's gotta smart something bad."

Belle - Bogsneak - Back middle - Pings: @Sunnycat4 @FauxbiaPhobia
"Taphe-what now?? Hey, hey now, sh sh sh, calm down, ah, psst what's his name?" She realized he was hyperventilating and tried to back up and give him some space. She moved out of the way for the wildclaw as she approached. "Do you think you can help him? I'm not one fer helpin' dragons with their psychological issues."

Hyna - Mirror - Middle back - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia
The hatchling followed the hainu and tumbled into him, the two roughhousing. Hai got up and barked playfully at the owlcat in the nocturne's arms, leaping upwards and trying to get at them. Hyena cackled and followed suit, running circles around the nocturnes legs. He was eager to get at an opportunity to blow off some steam and didn't care if it was at someone else's expense.

Fantal - Tundra - WAAAYY ahead - Pings: (None)
The ethereal tundra had made her way down into the darkest depths of the tunnel. She drifted along, eager as ever to succeed over all others.
A deep chittering growl stopped her in her tracks. She heard the tac-tac-tac of some kind of claws on earth...
She couldn't see a thing in the utter darkness, but her sense of the shadows placed five large creatures in front of her. She giggled, diving into the ground beneath the mysterious foes in an attempt to pass them. Just as she thought she was safe, a warm glow illuminated the tunnel behind her. She turned, just out of curiosity, and horror clutched at her heart.
Her shrill screams echoed through the tunnels.

Sahr is still panicking and is trotting to the front of the group.
Heartbeat is staring at Knack while she complains.
Lates is nervously picking at some of the ice on her arms.
Feverfew is pulling back even further.
Hayfree is pounding her fists on the ground in rage and screeching.
Unnamed is alarmed by the amount of screaming going on around them, but out of it all, they sense something very wrong. They are forcing their way up to find Bony and Bruiser.

Something lurks in the tunnel ahead...
Pie l:l Mentions: Esme, Belle, Nestadren l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Surprisingly the crowd helped. The crowding felt kind of like being in a forest. Pie focused on breathing and managed to slow his rapid paniting. He pulled the lei around his neck to his face and took a deep breath. The calming scent of lavender flowed through his lungs and pushed back on the panic. He pulled his wings to his sides and slowly stood on quivering legs. Pie slowly opened his eyes, letting the liquid that had gathered flow away down his face. "Ok, lets see if I can do this without fainting, which would be very bad.". Pie was trying to put on a brave face, but internally he was screaming. There were several feet of stone between him and the sky, which was very wrong, and he hated it so very much. But for the sake of all these kind dragons he had to do it.

Shem l:l Mentions: Marble, Belladonna, Cave Monster l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Shem winced softly. They were probably all going to die. The group couldn't even work together well enough to keep their feet. They turned and nuzzled the side of Belladonna's paper mask, then whispered to her. "Stay calm, I'll protect you.". They turned to the archer and gave a soft snort. "You think arrows will hurt whatever is down here? Doubtful. You must rely on your talons and fangs for protection.". Shem stoped when someone ahead shrieked. Pure terror escaping from someone. Shem bowed their head and squared their sholders. This was the time for talons taking life. Their tail flicked back and fourth slowly, like a cat on the hunt. Then they heard it. The soft scuffle of talons on stone. Something was comming and it was comming this way. The feathered frill behind Shem' s horns began to rise. They let lose an answering screech, this one of primal hatred and anger. They lowered their stance and darted off into the dark, teeth bared, ready to battle. Whatever thay came in contact with would die.
Pie l:l Mentions: Esme, Belle, Nestadren l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Surprisingly the crowd helped. The crowding felt kind of like being in a forest. Pie focused on breathing and managed to slow his rapid paniting. He pulled the lei around his neck to his face and took a deep breath. The calming scent of lavender flowed through his lungs and pushed back on the panic. He pulled his wings to his sides and slowly stood on quivering legs. Pie slowly opened his eyes, letting the liquid that had gathered flow away down his face. "Ok, lets see if I can do this without fainting, which would be very bad.". Pie was trying to put on a brave face, but internally he was screaming. There were several feet of stone between him and the sky, which was very wrong, and he hated it so very much. But for the sake of all these kind dragons he had to do it.

Shem l:l Mentions: Marble, Belladonna, Cave Monster l:l Location: The Labyrinth
Shem winced softly. They were probably all going to die. The group couldn't even work together well enough to keep their feet. They turned and nuzzled the side of Belladonna's paper mask, then whispered to her. "Stay calm, I'll protect you.". They turned to the archer and gave a soft snort. "You think arrows will hurt whatever is down here? Doubtful. You must rely on your talons and fangs for protection.". Shem stoped when someone ahead shrieked. Pure terror escaping from someone. Shem bowed their head and squared their sholders. This was the time for talons taking life. Their tail flicked back and fourth slowly, like a cat on the hunt. Then they heard it. The soft scuffle of talons on stone. Something was comming and it was comming this way. The feathered frill behind Shem' s horns began to rise. They let lose an answering screech, this one of primal hatred and anger. They lowered their stance and darted off into the dark, teeth bared, ready to battle. Whatever thay came in contact with would die.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.

columns can suck my butt