Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Corrupted Hearts IC
1 2 3 4 5 6
Nestadren - Wildclaw - with Hemlock - pings @FauxbiaPhobia

Nestadren reached down a talon to let the owlcat smell. "Aren't you a lovely little friend," she cooed softly, then she looked back at Hemlock, considering. "Would my bones help you?" She retrieves a learther pouch from the tangle of branches, and takes out a shard of bone, carved with the Arcanists rune of Nature.
"I have bones with all the runes, I use them in my," she hesitates. "Job. You could try to use these runes to communicate? If you dont find it too... creepy."
She looks down at the rune in her claw. "It might not be all that practical, now that I think about it..."
She falls silent, considering how she could help this dragon.

Nestadren reached down a talon to let the owlcat smell. "Aren't you a lovely little friend," she cooed softly, then she looked back at Hemlock, considering. "Would my bones help you?" She retrieves a learther pouch from the tangle of branches, and takes out a shard of bone, carved with the Arcanists rune of Nature.
"I have bones with all the runes, I use them in my," she hesitates. "Job. You could try to use these runes to communicate? If you dont find it too... creepy."
She looks down at the rune in her claw. "It might not be all that practical, now that I think about it..."
She falls silent, considering how she could help this dragon.
yGHsn8r.pngCU6MPLW.png
Esme - Skydancer - With Pie - Pings: @Sunnycat4
Esme noticed Pie's surprise at her lack of reaction to his plight. Esme had, in fact, no negative or positive reactions to it, as far as she could tell. Though, she figured she'd better explain. "I didn't really... you were probably expecting a really negative reaction. I know I would if I were in your situation. But, the thing is, I don't really have any qualms to having an undead friend." Her tone was somewhat sympathetic, as she acknowledged that it must be terrible existence. "I used to be a mage's apprentice, and things of this type were kind of the norm. He wasn't a necromancer, not exactly, but he was sort of a jack of all trades. I got more than my fair share of necromancy. Actually, being the mage's apprentice was how I came across my curse; it's a really stupid story." She forced a chuckle. Despite the stupid circumstances of how Esme came upon the curse, the effects of it still plagued her every day. She had never wanted to know what not being able to fly felt like, and what it was like to be an Ancient Breed. She wasn't one of those breed change scrolls everywhere dragons; even if she had been, the constant change still would've been terrible.

Belladonna - Pearlcatcher - With Shem, Bony, and Bruiser - Pings: @OnyxShade @Sunnycat4
Belladonna blinked, but nobody there was able to know (with the possible exception of Prism). This seemed... trivial. Despite this, the humor of the situation got to her and she began to chuckle, the laughter almost inaudible. The only signs of the Pearlcatcher's laughter was how she was moving. She took a breath and thought about it. She technically preferred piano over all of them, but piano was a string instrument... But then, she couldn't value personal bias over it. Brass instruments had their merits, and so did string. She honestly couldn't value one over the other, so she shrugged and said, "I personally prefer string instruments." Of course, no one heard her except Prism, who quickly relayed what Belladonna had said.

Hemlock - Nocturne - With Nestadren - Pings: @Oreina
Hemlock watched Tawny deem the Wildclaw worthy of friendship. The owlcat was a good judge of character, so he trusted her judgement. He shifted his wings, bowing his head. He wished he had someone to speak for him. "Not..." Damn, there were no synonyms for creepy that began with 'n'. He wished he had some sort of Thesaurus on hand. But now that he'd started the sentence, he had to finish it. He decided to go for a rhyme. "Not creepy, I promise; Thank you, but I'm being honest—" A pang of pain. Near-rhymes weren't as bad, but they still hurt a lot. "They seem too confusing to me... what I want is to be free." He rubbed his neck, hating his curse so much.
Esme - Skydancer - With Pie - Pings: @Sunnycat4
Esme noticed Pie's surprise at her lack of reaction to his plight. Esme had, in fact, no negative or positive reactions to it, as far as she could tell. Though, she figured she'd better explain. "I didn't really... you were probably expecting a really negative reaction. I know I would if I were in your situation. But, the thing is, I don't really have any qualms to having an undead friend." Her tone was somewhat sympathetic, as she acknowledged that it must be terrible existence. "I used to be a mage's apprentice, and things of this type were kind of the norm. He wasn't a necromancer, not exactly, but he was sort of a jack of all trades. I got more than my fair share of necromancy. Actually, being the mage's apprentice was how I came across my curse; it's a really stupid story." She forced a chuckle. Despite the stupid circumstances of how Esme came upon the curse, the effects of it still plagued her every day. She had never wanted to know what not being able to fly felt like, and what it was like to be an Ancient Breed. She wasn't one of those breed change scrolls everywhere dragons; even if she had been, the constant change still would've been terrible.

Belladonna - Pearlcatcher - With Shem, Bony, and Bruiser - Pings: @OnyxShade @Sunnycat4
Belladonna blinked, but nobody there was able to know (with the possible exception of Prism). This seemed... trivial. Despite this, the humor of the situation got to her and she began to chuckle, the laughter almost inaudible. The only signs of the Pearlcatcher's laughter was how she was moving. She took a breath and thought about it. She technically preferred piano over all of them, but piano was a string instrument... But then, she couldn't value personal bias over it. Brass instruments had their merits, and so did string. She honestly couldn't value one over the other, so she shrugged and said, "I personally prefer string instruments." Of course, no one heard her except Prism, who quickly relayed what Belladonna had said.

Hemlock - Nocturne - With Nestadren - Pings: @Oreina
Hemlock watched Tawny deem the Wildclaw worthy of friendship. The owlcat was a good judge of character, so he trusted her judgement. He shifted his wings, bowing his head. He wished he had someone to speak for him. "Not..." Damn, there were no synonyms for creepy that began with 'n'. He wished he had some sort of Thesaurus on hand. But now that he'd started the sentence, he had to finish it. He decided to go for a rhyme. "Not creepy, I promise; Thank you, but I'm being honest—" A pang of pain. Near-rhymes weren't as bad, but they still hurt a lot. "They seem too confusing to me... what I want is to be free." He rubbed his neck, hating his curse so much.
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna run around and desert you
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
||
Pie l:l Mentions: Esme l:l Location: Great Pillar Plains
Pie tilted his head curiously. He haden't lived long enough to even learn to properly fly, but Esme had lived long enough to get to be learning magic! That probably explained why her curse seemed to be affecting her so badly. Esme had settled into herself and become comfortable, and now that eveeything was mixed up, that comfort was gone. Pie pondered a moment how it would be to be that big and impressive. Pie had never even met an Imperial before! Lots here he had never seen before ans it was turning hie curious mind into a pinwheel of wonder, jumping from one curiosity to another every minute. The fact Esme had been a mage grabbed his attention. "Once this is all over will you be returning to magic? Or are you gunna give it up completely? And even if your story is 'boring" I still wanna hear it. In turn I'll tell you whatever I can, like healing herbs or what its like to die.". Pie gave her another crooked smile. He was beginning to genuinely like this dragon.
Shem l:l Mentions: Belladonna, Bony & Bruiser l:l Location: Great Pillar Plains
Shem was slightly confused. Musical instruments were what this was all about? That was why there was a Snapper barreling twoards them, insulting the Mirror. The Snapper didn't appear to be a threat either, but the was likely related to the Mirror. They both wore the same silly hat and frill and had a full set of armor. Shem flicked their tail in annoyance at all the shouting.
Shem didn't really have an opinion on music anyways. Their dragon spirit had only ever heard birdsong and the fae spirit had never bothered to pay attention to music. Shem remembered being a hatchling, and almost getting to see a performance, but being caught stealing a hen they were going to sell to get into the concert hall and getting thrown out of town. The closest that they had actually come to hearing music was back in the courts when they had walked in on a warmup session for a play. Once this was all over Shem would have to take Belladonna to a play or something so that they could hear actual music. "Ner heard music but the birdsongs.". There they went again, talking. Two sentences in a day, that had to be some sort or record.
Pie tilted his head curiously. He haden't lived long enough to even learn to properly fly, but Esme had lived long enough to get to be learning magic! That probably explained why her curse seemed to be affecting her so badly. Esme had settled into herself and become comfortable, and now that eveeything was mixed up, that comfort was gone. Pie pondered a moment how it would be to be that big and impressive. Pie had never even met an Imperial before! Lots here he had never seen before ans it was turning hie curious mind into a pinwheel of wonder, jumping from one curiosity to another every minute. The fact Esme had been a mage grabbed his attention. "Once this is all over will you be returning to magic? Or are you gunna give it up completely? And even if your story is 'boring" I still wanna hear it. In turn I'll tell you whatever I can, like healing herbs or what its like to die.". Pie gave her another crooked smile. He was beginning to genuinely like this dragon.
Shem was slightly confused. Musical instruments were what this was all about? That was why there was a Snapper barreling twoards them, insulting the Mirror. The Snapper didn't appear to be a threat either, but the was likely related to the Mirror. They both wore the same silly hat and frill and had a full set of armor. Shem flicked their tail in annoyance at all the shouting.
Shem didn't really have an opinion on music anyways. Their dragon spirit had only ever heard birdsong and the fae spirit had never bothered to pay attention to music. Shem remembered being a hatchling, and almost getting to see a performance, but being caught stealing a hen they were going to sell to get into the concert hall and getting thrown out of town. The closest that they had actually come to hearing music was back in the courts when they had walked in on a warmup session for a play. Once this was all over Shem would have to take Belladonna to a play or something so that they could hear actual music. "Ner heard music but the birdsongs.". There they went again, talking. Two sentences in a day, that had to be some sort or record.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
I am sorry for the late response but from now on if I don't answer within 1 day please skip me I have no problem catching up. Just keep going I'll finish this one up.
Flow | Mentions: none | Location: Great Pillar Plains

Flow 1 decided to sit down. This body wasn't of any use right now. Flow 2, on the other hand, was going to be important. Flow decided to spy on the respective deities, specifically the Arcanist. They had a bad feeling about this, but when has that ever stopped them?
Spokoiny | Mentions: Hyena + Hai (@Onyxshade) |Location: Great Pillar Plains

She felt her wings crack as the weight of 2 dragons applied themselves. She cried out in pain and felt her wings begin to freeze over completely. Is this is it? I don't even get to try to prove myself. I'll just become a statue without getting a chance to prove myself. She closed her eyes and felt veins of blue crystal spike out across her head and eyelids. Then the pain stopped. She opened her eyes, and found two apologetic dragons that had visible animosity for each other. She surveyed the land around her, shocked to find splinters of crystal spread out everywhere. She looked at her wings and shrieked with sadness when she saw chunks of crystal had fallen off. "I will NEVER forgive you for this, but I am stuck in the ground so GET ME OUT!"
I am sorry for the late response but from now on if I don't answer within 1 day please skip me I have no problem catching up. Just keep going I'll finish this one up.
Flow | Mentions: none | Location: Great Pillar Plains

Flow 1 decided to sit down. This body wasn't of any use right now. Flow 2, on the other hand, was going to be important. Flow decided to spy on the respective deities, specifically the Arcanist. They had a bad feeling about this, but when has that ever stopped them?
Spokoiny | Mentions: Hyena + Hai (@Onyxshade) |Location: Great Pillar Plains

She felt her wings crack as the weight of 2 dragons applied themselves. She cried out in pain and felt her wings begin to freeze over completely. Is this is it? I don't even get to try to prove myself. I'll just become a statue without getting a chance to prove myself. She closed her eyes and felt veins of blue crystal spike out across her head and eyelids. Then the pain stopped. She opened her eyes, and found two apologetic dragons that had visible animosity for each other. She surveyed the land around her, shocked to find splinters of crystal spread out everywhere. She looked at her wings and shrieked with sadness when she saw chunks of crystal had fallen off. "I will NEVER forgive you for this, but I am stuck in the ground so GET ME OUT!"
968.png nJvQNh8.pngctYHVNq.png

Nestadren looks up from the Owlcat at Hemlocks words, eyes wide.
"You didn't have too-! I'm sorry! Are you okay?!" She picks up the owlcat and hurries closer to Hemlock, studying him for signs of injure. "You could have just shook your head," she grumbles, before stopping and taking a step back to give her new Nocturne friend a stern look.
"Do your curse-based pains leave physical injuries? That's a yes or no question, please don't risk activating your curse." The talon petting Tawny seemed to be shaking a little.

Nestadren looks up from the Owlcat at Hemlocks words, eyes wide.
"You didn't have too-! I'm sorry! Are you okay?!" She picks up the owlcat and hurries closer to Hemlock, studying him for signs of injure. "You could have just shook your head," she grumbles, before stopping and taking a step back to give her new Nocturne friend a stern look.
"Do your curse-based pains leave physical injuries? That's a yes or no question, please don't risk activating your curse." The talon petting Tawny seemed to be shaking a little.
yGHsn8r.pngCU6MPLW.png
The Lightweaver looked to the sky, scanning the sun and analyzing how it cast its light upon the ground. The Shadowbinder traced the dark path made by the ruined pillar, found a gash in the earth, and looked back to her sister, nodding. The Lightweaver in turn nodded to the Earthshaker, who, with a rumbling growl, cleared his throat and began to speak.
"Dragons of Sornieth! May I have your attention please!"
The crowd stops their muttering and all eyes are affixed on the great rocky deity.
"Today begins the very first of eleven Trials, testing these dragons before us to see if they are worthy of being free. Each holds a curse heavy on their heart, each must prove to us all that they are truly pure."
He leans down, now addressing all of you.
"Are you ready? Once you begin, there is no turning back. The path ahead is dangerous, and once you are away from our eyes there will be no saving you."
The Lightweaver looked to the sky, scanning the sun and analyzing how it cast its light upon the ground. The Shadowbinder traced the dark path made by the ruined pillar, found a gash in the earth, and looked back to her sister, nodding. The Lightweaver in turn nodded to the Earthshaker, who, with a rumbling growl, cleared his throat and began to speak.
"Dragons of Sornieth! May I have your attention please!"
The crowd stops their muttering and all eyes are affixed on the great rocky deity.
"Today begins the very first of eleven Trials, testing these dragons before us to see if they are worthy of being free. Each holds a curse heavy on their heart, each must prove to us all that they are truly pure."
He leans down, now addressing all of you.
"Are you ready? Once you begin, there is no turning back. The path ahead is dangerous, and once you are away from our eyes there will be no saving you."
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
Iris - Fae - Underneath Knack - Pings: @Onyxshade
Iris looked up, just barely able to see the deities from her position. A little fire of outrage burned in her tiny body for just a second; it was the deities who'd cursed them; if they were deemed worthy enough for the trials, weren't they already worthy enough for freedom? She knew the answer, but she didn't want to acknowledge it. For a second she wondered what to do, then mumbled that she was 'ready'.

Belladonna - Pearlcatcher - With Shem, Bony, and Bruiser - Pings: @Onyxshade, @Sunnycat4
Belladonna was startled by the deities speaking, but she recovered quickly. She looked to Shem for a moment, then the Mirror and Snapper. All Belladonna wanted was to be able to be seen again, to not have to wear such an outrageous amount of clothing, to be able to speak and be heard again. She didn't care if that came with death or life, that was all she'd ever wanted. On a whim, she said, "I'm ready," the words coming out as quiet as a mumble.

Esme - Skydancer - With Pie - Pings: @Sunnycat4, @Onyxshade
Esme was about to answer when the deities spoke, and when they were done she whispered her answer to Pie's question; "I'm never going back to magic. Never again. It was an accident with the stuff that caused this, and I'd rather stay curseless for the rest of my life..." If we get through this... She shifted her wings and looked back at the deities, muttering that she was ready.

Hemlock - Nocturne - With Nestadren - Pings: @Oriena, @Onyxshade
Hemlock shook his head; the pain left no mark, no residue, except for the horrible memories. The moment he stopped, the deities spoke, and he turned to listen, petting Tawny to calm himself down. When the deities finished, he nodded to show that he was 'ready', hoping it would count.
Iris - Fae - Underneath Knack - Pings: @Onyxshade
Iris looked up, just barely able to see the deities from her position. A little fire of outrage burned in her tiny body for just a second; it was the deities who'd cursed them; if they were deemed worthy enough for the trials, weren't they already worthy enough for freedom? She knew the answer, but she didn't want to acknowledge it. For a second she wondered what to do, then mumbled that she was 'ready'.

Belladonna - Pearlcatcher - With Shem, Bony, and Bruiser - Pings: @Onyxshade, @Sunnycat4
Belladonna was startled by the deities speaking, but she recovered quickly. She looked to Shem for a moment, then the Mirror and Snapper. All Belladonna wanted was to be able to be seen again, to not have to wear such an outrageous amount of clothing, to be able to speak and be heard again. She didn't care if that came with death or life, that was all she'd ever wanted. On a whim, she said, "I'm ready," the words coming out as quiet as a mumble.

Esme - Skydancer - With Pie - Pings: @Sunnycat4, @Onyxshade
Esme was about to answer when the deities spoke, and when they were done she whispered her answer to Pie's question; "I'm never going back to magic. Never again. It was an accident with the stuff that caused this, and I'd rather stay curseless for the rest of my life..." If we get through this... She shifted her wings and looked back at the deities, muttering that she was ready.

Hemlock - Nocturne - With Nestadren - Pings: @Oriena, @Onyxshade
Hemlock shook his head; the pain left no mark, no residue, except for the horrible memories. The moment he stopped, the deities spoke, and he turned to listen, petting Tawny to calm himself down. When the deities finished, he nodded to show that he was 'ready', hoping it would count.
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna run around and desert you
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
||
Pie jumped a bit when the EarthShaker spoke. He had been so interested in Esme he had forgotten why he was even there. He felt a little sad she was going to give up magic, it seemed like such a wonder, but it was her choice. He shook his head, he had to focus. Pie gave an excited wag of his tail, then gave a cheerful "Ready!".

Shem was surprised by the sudden starting of the trials. Their muscles tensed and they gave a small grow before relaxing. It was finally starting, what they came for. They had a new objective now, to help their flower. Shem leaned softly aginst Belladonna and grumbled "Ready.". They would focus on keeping Belladonna safe, and would only hope they could achieve their own goals. They didn't even really mind if they didn't get separated.
Pie jumped a bit when the EarthShaker spoke. He had been so interested in Esme he had forgotten why he was even there. He felt a little sad she was going to give up magic, it seemed like such a wonder, but it was her choice. He shook his head, he had to focus. Pie gave an excited wag of his tail, then gave a cheerful "Ready!".

Shem was surprised by the sudden starting of the trials. Their muscles tensed and they gave a small grow before relaxing. It was finally starting, what they came for. They had a new objective now, to help their flower. Shem leaned softly aginst Belladonna and grumbled "Ready.". They would focus on keeping Belladonna safe, and would only hope they could achieve their own goals. They didn't even really mind if they didn't get separated.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
Nestadren - Wildclaw - with Hemlock

Nesta looked up at the Earthshaker as He spoke, and despite the branches dragging her down, she straightened. Her eyes found another deity is the group, her own, the Gladekeeper. "I am ready," Nestadren declared, and wondered if that really was a smile on the Gladekeeper's face.
Nestadren - Wildclaw - with Hemlock

Nesta looked up at the Earthshaker as He spoke, and despite the branches dragging her down, she straightened. Her eyes found another deity is the group, her own, the Gladekeeper. "I am ready," Nestadren declared, and wondered if that really was a smile on the Gladekeeper's face.
yGHsn8r.pngCU6MPLW.png
Bony - Mirror - With Belladonna and Shem - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia @Sunnycat4
"YES!!!!!!! I knew there had to be more than one intelligent dragon here!! Oh, that's a relief," The scrawny mirror turned to the skydancer and suddenly took on a very serious countenance "and I am so sorry for your loss of a complete life without the addition of music." His four eyes turned and looked slyly at his brother, a grin working its way onto his face. "Say, Bony, do you think we could ch-?"
The Earthshaker's speech cut him off. The mirror listened attentively, and when asked, he cried out "BY THE WOUND I AM MORE READY THAN ANY DRAGON COULD EVER BE!!!"

Bruiser - Snapper - With Belladonna and Shem - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia @Sunnycat4
Bruiser grumbled in defeat at the masked pearlcatcher's response to his brother. He was intrigued at Bony's question, but his attention was also turned to the Earthshaker. After his brother cried out, Bruiser let loose a "HERE HERE!!" and playfully bumped into the mirror.

All the others have given their own responses. Knack gave more of a grumble, actually.
Bony - Mirror - With Belladonna and Shem - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia @Sunnycat4
"YES!!!!!!! I knew there had to be more than one intelligent dragon here!! Oh, that's a relief," The scrawny mirror turned to the skydancer and suddenly took on a very serious countenance "and I am so sorry for your loss of a complete life without the addition of music." His four eyes turned and looked slyly at his brother, a grin working its way onto his face. "Say, Bony, do you think we could ch-?"
The Earthshaker's speech cut him off. The mirror listened attentively, and when asked, he cried out "BY THE WOUND I AM MORE READY THAN ANY DRAGON COULD EVER BE!!!"

Bruiser - Snapper - With Belladonna and Shem - Pings: @FauxbiaPhobia @Sunnycat4
Bruiser grumbled in defeat at the masked pearlcatcher's response to his brother. He was intrigued at Bony's question, but his attention was also turned to the Earthshaker. After his brother cried out, Bruiser let loose a "HERE HERE!!" and playfully bumped into the mirror.

All the others have given their own responses. Knack gave more of a grumble, actually.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6