Roleplay
Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Corrupted Hearts IC
1 2 3 4 5 6
Our Corrupted Hearts
We stand before the gods, ready to receive their blessing. Whether we choose to fight and betray or work together, we all must reach the end. The trials are the only hope we have left.

Rules:
- No inappropriate behavior
- Play fair
- Keep conflicts strictly in character
- If something bad happens to your character, accept it and work with it
- Try to survive Have fun!
If you have any questions/complaints/special requests, feel free to PM me.

Player Order
  1. FauxbiaPhobia
  2. Sunnycat4
  3. Oreina
  4. OnyxShade

TRIALS
  1. The Labyrinth - Incomplete
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. ???
  9. ???
  10. ???
  11. ???

Deceased: 0
Living:
Our Corrupted Hearts
We stand before the gods, ready to receive their blessing. Whether we choose to fight and betray or work together, we all must reach the end. The trials are the only hope we have left.

Rules:
- No inappropriate behavior
- Play fair
- Keep conflicts strictly in character
- If something bad happens to your character, accept it and work with it
- Try to survive Have fun!
If you have any questions/complaints/special requests, feel free to PM me.

Player Order
  1. FauxbiaPhobia
  2. Sunnycat4
  3. Oreina
  4. OnyxShade

TRIALS
  1. The Labyrinth - Incomplete
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. ???
  9. ???
  10. ???
  11. ???

Deceased: 0
Living:
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
@Sunnycat4 @Orielion @FauxbiaPhobia
It’s noon. The sun beats down on your backs, the arid weather drying your throats. Sweat glistens on every scale. If only you could have started on the other side...
You stand at the heart of Dragonhome, the Great Pillar towering above you, casting a shadow that covers the barren desert (sadly not in your direction). The magic here is raw and powerful, it circulates around each of you, giving you vigor and new life as you stand to face your challenge.
The judging eyes of the deities glare down upon you. They will be watching carefully as you progress, wherever they can.
A crowd has gathered. They murmur and stare, waiting for the Trials to begin.
@Sunnycat4 @Orielion @FauxbiaPhobia
It’s noon. The sun beats down on your backs, the arid weather drying your throats. Sweat glistens on every scale. If only you could have started on the other side...
You stand at the heart of Dragonhome, the Great Pillar towering above you, casting a shadow that covers the barren desert (sadly not in your direction). The magic here is raw and powerful, it circulates around each of you, giving you vigor and new life as you stand to face your challenge.
The judging eyes of the deities glare down upon you. They will be watching carefully as you progress, wherever they can.
A crowd has gathered. They murmur and stare, waiting for the Trials to begin.
@OnyxShade
Iris was terrified. She couldn’t wait for the Trials to start; she needed to be in the sunlight again. But right now, it was her bane. She had arrived early this morning, under the cover of night. But the sun began to rise, and she had become more terrified of exposure. Once another had come, she’d flashed over there and hidden underneath them as the sun rose. She hid in the shadows of dragons, but she still received horrible burns and blisters every time they moved. I can’t take this any longer, she thought urgently, I need real shade! But all she could do was wait. Wait until the trial began.

Belladonna was uncomfortable. She was overheating in the heat, the layers of clothing she’d piled on betraying her. But she was afraid of not being seen. She was afraid that if no one could see her for too long, she’d fade away. Prism was whispering comforting words to her, empathizing with her situation. Belladonna would’ve whispered back, but her shouting voice was quieter than a whisper, and she didn’t feel like exerting the energy in this heat. She just wanted to not live in fear of disappearing; but that couldn’t happen if the trials never started.

Esme was... well, she didn’t know how she felt. She had woken up that morning in the form of a Skydancer, which she was fine with. She would’ve much preferred waking up as an Imperial, but at least she could fly. The heat of the day wore upon her, but she didn’t care. If only she’d said no to becoming an apprentice... she stopped herself. The deed was done, and here she was. She just wanted to be herself again for more than a day.

Hemlock was frustrated. He wanted to blurt out questions about the trials, but he couldn’t. No, he had to rhyme or alliterate, which made everything he said sound stupid. There was also the fact that he wasn’t terrible at that. He stroked the fur of Tawny, his Owlcat, comforting her. He knew she was sweltering, what with the heat and her fur coat, but he needed her. She was his only source of moral support, and they depended on each other. He sighed, and waited for the trials to begin.

((howzat))
@OnyxShade
Iris was terrified. She couldn’t wait for the Trials to start; she needed to be in the sunlight again. But right now, it was her bane. She had arrived early this morning, under the cover of night. But the sun began to rise, and she had become more terrified of exposure. Once another had come, she’d flashed over there and hidden underneath them as the sun rose. She hid in the shadows of dragons, but she still received horrible burns and blisters every time they moved. I can’t take this any longer, she thought urgently, I need real shade! But all she could do was wait. Wait until the trial began.

Belladonna was uncomfortable. She was overheating in the heat, the layers of clothing she’d piled on betraying her. But she was afraid of not being seen. She was afraid that if no one could see her for too long, she’d fade away. Prism was whispering comforting words to her, empathizing with her situation. Belladonna would’ve whispered back, but her shouting voice was quieter than a whisper, and she didn’t feel like exerting the energy in this heat. She just wanted to not live in fear of disappearing; but that couldn’t happen if the trials never started.

Esme was... well, she didn’t know how she felt. She had woken up that morning in the form of a Skydancer, which she was fine with. She would’ve much preferred waking up as an Imperial, but at least she could fly. The heat of the day wore upon her, but she didn’t care. If only she’d said no to becoming an apprentice... she stopped herself. The deed was done, and here she was. She just wanted to be herself again for more than a day.

Hemlock was frustrated. He wanted to blurt out questions about the trials, but he couldn’t. No, he had to rhyme or alliterate, which made everything he said sound stupid. There was also the fact that he wasn’t terrible at that. He stroked the fur of Tawny, his Owlcat, comforting her. He knew she was sweltering, what with the heat and her fur coat, but he needed her. She was his only source of moral support, and they depended on each other. He sighed, and waited for the trials to begin.

((howzat))
I do drawings but I have no motivation or time so uh sorry
I'm a full time procrastinator and I have an obsession with Coatls and Wildclaws. Not because they're rare breeds, but... I mean, just look at them.

Wishlist: Permababy scroll x2, Breed Change: Gaoler, Vial of Naivety
Pronounced 'Phobia' She/Her -1 FRT
cylMv4K.png
Pie l:l Mentions: Esme l:l Location: Great Pillar Plains
Pie shifted nervously, swaying softly side to side. There were so many dragons here, it was terrifying. What if one was aligned to nature and became hostile? Would someone actually manage to land a good hit on him? The likely hood of battle was extremely low, but the crowd made Pie nervous. This was the first time he'd ever been in the company of that many dragons. He'd had no idea that there were this many curses in the world. Were they like him, ever lacking in something necessary? Pie had a million questions, most of which would never leave his lips. He took a step closer to the black and white Skydancer next to him. She seemed friendly. "Hi, I'm Pie. Whats your name?". He did his best to get her attention and be loud, but it was hard not to be shy.

Shem(Smeraldi) l:l Mentions: Pie & Belladonna l:l Location: Great Pillar Plains
Everything about their situation annoyed Shem. The strange dragon made of clothes and paper next to them was muttering too softly to be understood, but too loudley to be ignored. Across the field a black and white Skydancer in blue cloaks radiated menace. They hissed at the paper Pearlcatcher to sush it and pulled off their gloves. It was hot and their knuckles were burning in the metal. They panted softly and glanced around for any source of water.
Pie l:l Mentions: Esme l:l Location: Great Pillar Plains
Pie shifted nervously, swaying softly side to side. There were so many dragons here, it was terrifying. What if one was aligned to nature and became hostile? Would someone actually manage to land a good hit on him? The likely hood of battle was extremely low, but the crowd made Pie nervous. This was the first time he'd ever been in the company of that many dragons. He'd had no idea that there were this many curses in the world. Were they like him, ever lacking in something necessary? Pie had a million questions, most of which would never leave his lips. He took a step closer to the black and white Skydancer next to him. She seemed friendly. "Hi, I'm Pie. Whats your name?". He did his best to get her attention and be loud, but it was hard not to be shy.

Shem(Smeraldi) l:l Mentions: Pie & Belladonna l:l Location: Great Pillar Plains
Everything about their situation annoyed Shem. The strange dragon made of clothes and paper next to them was muttering too softly to be understood, but too loudley to be ignored. Across the field a black and white Skydancer in blue cloaks radiated menace. They hissed at the paper Pearlcatcher to sush it and pulled off their gloves. It was hot and their knuckles were burning in the metal. They panted softly and glanced around for any source of water.
55073809p.png Sunny
She/Her
Water Proud!
@OnyxShade
Flow looked at themselves, worry in both sets of eyes, the pining and hopelessness they are cursed to feel forever pooled in their eyes as tears, dropping to the ground, hitting their feet. Refreshing, they thought, as the tear, while reflecting their internal temperatures contrasted largely with the heat they felt, so a droplet's worth of their feet was cool.

Spokoiny felt the heat on her back and froze. She tried to hide the glittering, opaline substance on her body from the sun. But to no avail. The sun bounced through them, created a spectacle of a light show. The catch? This heated those gems to such a high temperature, it made her writhe in pain; her curse spreading along her body, causing her further immobility.
@OnyxShade
Flow looked at themselves, worry in both sets of eyes, the pining and hopelessness they are cursed to feel forever pooled in their eyes as tears, dropping to the ground, hitting their feet. Refreshing, they thought, as the tear, while reflecting their internal temperatures contrasted largely with the heat they felt, so a droplet's worth of their feet was cool.

Spokoiny felt the heat on her back and froze. She tried to hide the glittering, opaline substance on her body from the sun. But to no avail. The sun bounced through them, created a spectacle of a light show. The catch? This heated those gems to such a high temperature, it made her writhe in pain; her curse spreading along her body, causing her further immobility.
968.png nJvQNh8.pngctYHVNq.png
@OnyxShade
((can I respond since two of my characters were interacted with))
@OnyxShade
((can I respond since two of my characters were interacted with))
I'm a full time procrastinator and I have an obsession with Coatls and Wildclaws. Not because they're rare breeds, but... I mean, just look at them.

cylMv4K.png
(Fauxbia, do you mind waiting on Orie to post? If they don't by tonight you can go ahead, but I kinda wanted to stick to the player order so we don't get mixed up)
(Also from now on do you mind putting replies like that in the OOC?)
(Fauxbia, do you mind waiting on Orie to post? If they don't by tonight you can go ahead, but I kinda wanted to stick to the player order so we don't get mixed up)
(Also from now on do you mind putting replies like that in the OOC?)
Bony - Mirror - With the others - Pings: (None)
The mirror was overheated, impatient, and panting. He tugged at the frill at his neck, wondering why he had to wear the thing in the first place. Something about presentation? Keeping the clan in good favor with the Plaguebringer? What use was he to upholding the clan's name if he couldn't breathe!!
And of course, there were the others... he looked around with something betwixt concern and amusement at the menagerie gathered around him. Who would have thought these trials would be so popular!

Bruiser - Snapper - With the others - Pings: (none)
Bruiser was just as uncomfortable as Bony, but a bit more oblivious. He knew they were there for a reason, he knew it was going to help both him and his brother, but he couldn't quite place his stubby toes on what it was...
There was a lot of dragons around, too.

Unnamed - Skydancer - With the others - Pings: None
The strange Skydancer was rather uncomfortable. They could feel the corruption coursing through the veins of every single dragon around them, and it was making them uneasy. Cure was panting at their feet, so the Skydancer extended his wing to provide some shadow to the poor creature. This was the only way...

Marble - Imperial - With the others - Pings: @Endulas (Spokoiny)
Marble flexed his joints, the stone gathering on his body crumbling into small flakes. He sensed a disturbance in one of the dragons around him, and, edging over, did his best to assess what was going on.
Pearlcatcher... female... some strange magic... spreading? She's in distress... His brow furrowed at the somehow familiar sense of the magic that was cast on her.
"Excuse me Miss, are you alright?" he whispered softly.

Hayfree - Pearlcatcher - With the others - Pings: @Sunnycat4 (Pie)
Hayfree hissed under her mask. It was stuffy and even harder to breathe than normal. As if sensing her discomfort, a vine that had crept its way up her leg on the journey over squeezed a little tighter around her. That wasn't all...
One of these dragons was wrong... she didn't like it... it made her sick...
She called over her familiar, whispered some strange words into its ears, then sent the manticore off into the field of curse dragons. It sniffed around, growling at any dragons who so much as looked at it, until it found Pie and sniffed curiously...

Knack, Chary, and Heartbeat are analyzing the crowd.
Belle is tinkering on her gauntlet to make sure it's going to work during the Trials. Awhman is providing her tools.
Hyena is dashing around with Hai between the legs of the other dragons. They're bored.
Sahr is being bothered by a school of fishing swimming through her wings.
Fantal is staring at Sahr. She can see the ghosts and is slightly concerned that they can see her too...
Feverfew is fanning Noxy and doing his best to not touch anyone.
Lates is doing just fine, although she's a little nervous to be here.
Bony - Mirror - With the others - Pings: (None)
The mirror was overheated, impatient, and panting. He tugged at the frill at his neck, wondering why he had to wear the thing in the first place. Something about presentation? Keeping the clan in good favor with the Plaguebringer? What use was he to upholding the clan's name if he couldn't breathe!!
And of course, there were the others... he looked around with something betwixt concern and amusement at the menagerie gathered around him. Who would have thought these trials would be so popular!

Bruiser - Snapper - With the others - Pings: (none)
Bruiser was just as uncomfortable as Bony, but a bit more oblivious. He knew they were there for a reason, he knew it was going to help both him and his brother, but he couldn't quite place his stubby toes on what it was...
There was a lot of dragons around, too.

Unnamed - Skydancer - With the others - Pings: None
The strange Skydancer was rather uncomfortable. They could feel the corruption coursing through the veins of every single dragon around them, and it was making them uneasy. Cure was panting at their feet, so the Skydancer extended his wing to provide some shadow to the poor creature. This was the only way...

Marble - Imperial - With the others - Pings: @Endulas (Spokoiny)
Marble flexed his joints, the stone gathering on his body crumbling into small flakes. He sensed a disturbance in one of the dragons around him, and, edging over, did his best to assess what was going on.
Pearlcatcher... female... some strange magic... spreading? She's in distress... His brow furrowed at the somehow familiar sense of the magic that was cast on her.
"Excuse me Miss, are you alright?" he whispered softly.

Hayfree - Pearlcatcher - With the others - Pings: @Sunnycat4 (Pie)
Hayfree hissed under her mask. It was stuffy and even harder to breathe than normal. As if sensing her discomfort, a vine that had crept its way up her leg on the journey over squeezed a little tighter around her. That wasn't all...
One of these dragons was wrong... she didn't like it... it made her sick...
She called over her familiar, whispered some strange words into its ears, then sent the manticore off into the field of curse dragons. It sniffed around, growling at any dragons who so much as looked at it, until it found Pie and sniffed curiously...

Knack, Chary, and Heartbeat are analyzing the crowd.
Belle is tinkering on her gauntlet to make sure it's going to work during the Trials. Awhman is providing her tools.
Hyena is dashing around with Hai between the legs of the other dragons. They're bored.
Sahr is being bothered by a school of fishing swimming through her wings.
Fantal is staring at Sahr. She can see the ghosts and is slightly concerned that they can see her too...
Feverfew is fanning Noxy and doing his best to not touch anyone.
Lates is doing just fine, although she's a little nervous to be here.
Titles: Belladonna - Pearlcatcher - Next to Shem - Pings: @Sunnycat4 (Shem)

Belladonna looked at the green skydancer, a bit startled. Where her eyes should've been in the little cutouts in her pitiful paper mask, only darkness was shown. It was as if there was nothing under there. Belladonna reached up to adjust her stupid mask; as she lifted her claws, Shem found that she couldn't see any claws. There were linen wrappings along her arms and wrists, but where the wrappings stopped, there was nothing. As she made contact with her mask, it seemed to move on its own; despite the truth that Belladonna was adjusting her mask with invisible claws. The invisible Pearlcatcher longed for a better mask if she couldn't at least gain her visibility back. "I'm sorry..." she said rather loudly, but her words were barely as loud as a whisper. Prism moved to speak up for her, but Belladonna murmured something only the sharp-eared light sprite could hear. The sprite reluctantly backed down, and Belladonna moved away slightly.

Titles: Esme - Skydancer - Next to Pie - Pings: @OnyxShade (Hayfree and her familiar) @Sunnycat4 (Pie)
Esme started, glancing at the Skydancer beside her. "O-Oh, hi," she said. "I-I'm Esme. Uh..." Esme debated whether it would be polite to ask what the new dragon's curse was, but she couldn't think of any other conversation starters. Before she'd gotten the chance to make that unforgivable faux pas, however, a manticore approached and began to inspect Pie. Esme jumped back. "What the heck-what the heck is that? Is that yours? Why's it growling?" For indeed, the manticore had started growling.

Titles: Iris - Fae - Underneath Knack - Pings: @OnyxShade (Knack who do i ping for NPCs because i don't want to be the one saying what they do *cries*)

Iris saw a large Imperial bedecked in shades of purple. Waiting for the perfect opportunity, she leapt from shadow to shadow and hid underneath the Imperial. Unfortunately, the leap wasn't flawless, and a bit of her wing was exposed to the sunlight. With a squeak of pain, she tried to heal her wing. She hadn't been taught any healing magic, however, and only managed to dull the pain a bit. The squeak had attracted the attention of the Imperial she was hiding under, however.
Titles: Belladonna - Pearlcatcher - Next to Shem - Pings: @Sunnycat4 (Shem)

Belladonna looked at the green skydancer, a bit startled. Where her eyes should've been in the little cutouts in her pitiful paper mask, only darkness was shown. It was as if there was nothing under there. Belladonna reached up to adjust her stupid mask; as she lifted her claws, Shem found that she couldn't see any claws. There were linen wrappings along her arms and wrists, but where the wrappings stopped, there was nothing. As she made contact with her mask, it seemed to move on its own; despite the truth that Belladonna was adjusting her mask with invisible claws. The invisible Pearlcatcher longed for a better mask if she couldn't at least gain her visibility back. "I'm sorry..." she said rather loudly, but her words were barely as loud as a whisper. Prism moved to speak up for her, but Belladonna murmured something only the sharp-eared light sprite could hear. The sprite reluctantly backed down, and Belladonna moved away slightly.

Titles: Esme - Skydancer - Next to Pie - Pings: @OnyxShade (Hayfree and her familiar) @Sunnycat4 (Pie)
Esme started, glancing at the Skydancer beside her. "O-Oh, hi," she said. "I-I'm Esme. Uh..." Esme debated whether it would be polite to ask what the new dragon's curse was, but she couldn't think of any other conversation starters. Before she'd gotten the chance to make that unforgivable faux pas, however, a manticore approached and began to inspect Pie. Esme jumped back. "What the heck-what the heck is that? Is that yours? Why's it growling?" For indeed, the manticore had started growling.

Titles: Iris - Fae - Underneath Knack - Pings: @OnyxShade (Knack who do i ping for NPCs because i don't want to be the one saying what they do *cries*)

Iris saw a large Imperial bedecked in shades of purple. Waiting for the perfect opportunity, she leapt from shadow to shadow and hid underneath the Imperial. Unfortunately, the leap wasn't flawless, and a bit of her wing was exposed to the sunlight. With a squeak of pain, she tried to heal her wing. She hadn't been taught any healing magic, however, and only managed to dull the pain a bit. The squeak had attracted the attention of the Imperial she was hiding under, however.

cylMv4K.png
(I guess I'm... last / I'll post in the correct spot next time )
Shockwave - Pearlcatcher - Sitting away from everyone (but still close)

Shockwave sighed inwardly. Too many dragons were present. Too many lives to be lost. She had sat away from everyone else, concentrating on what they were doing instead of interacting, like she could interact anyway.

She laughed inwardly at the dragons who had piled on heaps of clothing. This was a desert! What were they expecting, a fashion show?

Mayhem sat beside her. Her claw began to stoke the familiars mane. This would be one of the hardest things she had yet to face, but she was ready. Mayhem stared up at her and plastered on an uncertain smile.
(I guess I'm... last / I'll post in the correct spot next time )
Shockwave - Pearlcatcher - Sitting away from everyone (but still close)

Shockwave sighed inwardly. Too many dragons were present. Too many lives to be lost. She had sat away from everyone else, concentrating on what they were doing instead of interacting, like she could interact anyway.

She laughed inwardly at the dragons who had piled on heaps of clothing. This was a desert! What were they expecting, a fashion show?

Mayhem sat beside her. Her claw began to stoke the familiars mane. This would be one of the hardest things she had yet to face, but she was ready. Mayhem stared up at her and plastered on an uncertain smile.
Ori // FR + 2 // They / Them
761.png762.png
1 2 3 4 5 6