Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye of the Storm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
"Hey, it's alright. Just step back and give her some room please." Bead spoke to the trio of dragons before turning her attention back to helping Vogel.

"Vogel, I'm Bead." Bead spoke gently, hoping to keep from overwhelming the injured and very likely exhausted dragon. "Do you need help walking? I'm going to take you to a healer. Then I'm going to get you some food and water and a safe place to rest." She held out front leg, offering to help Vogel if she needed it. "I'm sure you're far too tired right now, but when you regain your strength, would you be willing to tell me what happened?"
"Hey, it's alright. Just step back and give her some room please." Bead spoke to the trio of dragons before turning her attention back to helping Vogel.

"Vogel, I'm Bead." Bead spoke gently, hoping to keep from overwhelming the injured and very likely exhausted dragon. "Do you need help walking? I'm going to take you to a healer. Then I'm going to get you some food and water and a safe place to rest." She held out front leg, offering to help Vogel if she needed it. "I'm sure you're far too tired right now, but when you regain your strength, would you be willing to tell me what happened?"
The slightly puffed water was calm, despite the growing wind. A few birds with outstretched wings came in for a graceful landing in the shimmering blue expanse. All was at peace, undisturbed, and pristine.
Suddenly, a Nocturne burst from the waters straight up into the air, cloak and hat sopping wet, trailing green gusts of Magic in her wake. She gasped, sucking in a breath before flipping herself around and letting her wings catch the wind, flapping desperately and aiming for shore. The birds flew from her wake in a panic as a fish-tailed creature leapt from the water after her, hissing ferociously. The Nocturne hooked herself onto a current to carry her upwards, but she was heavily weighed down by her clothes and her bounty she carried in her claws: a heap of Murkbottom Kelp. She had personally stolen it from one of the royal Maren gardens on a single breath of air, barely escaping with her life. As she looked behind her however, she knew the chase was far from over. The first Maren was soon joined by several others, all leaping out of the water like a pod of menacing dolphins. The Nocturne struggled yet higher and faster. The beach was in sight, she was confident she would make it. Then again, she was always confident. With a last desperate push of wind magic, she barreled down onto the sand, sending up a tremendous plume as she tumbled to a stop, out of breath and laughing. She had done it.
The slightly puffed water was calm, despite the growing wind. A few birds with outstretched wings came in for a graceful landing in the shimmering blue expanse. All was at peace, undisturbed, and pristine.
Suddenly, a Nocturne burst from the waters straight up into the air, cloak and hat sopping wet, trailing green gusts of Magic in her wake. She gasped, sucking in a breath before flipping herself around and letting her wings catch the wind, flapping desperately and aiming for shore. The birds flew from her wake in a panic as a fish-tailed creature leapt from the water after her, hissing ferociously. The Nocturne hooked herself onto a current to carry her upwards, but she was heavily weighed down by her clothes and her bounty she carried in her claws: a heap of Murkbottom Kelp. She had personally stolen it from one of the royal Maren gardens on a single breath of air, barely escaping with her life. As she looked behind her however, she knew the chase was far from over. The first Maren was soon joined by several others, all leaping out of the water like a pod of menacing dolphins. The Nocturne struggled yet higher and faster. The beach was in sight, she was confident she would make it. Then again, she was always confident. With a last desperate push of wind magic, she barreled down onto the sand, sending up a tremendous plume as she tumbled to a stop, out of breath and laughing. She had done it.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
Tricks
As Bead talked to the Bogsneak as Tracks now knew was called Vogel eh looked to the sea to try to find his companion who had run off as he had started his show. He found SeaWeed approaching a Fae on the beach. He chuckled to himself and left it there. Turning his attention back to Vogel and Bead. He ignored the trio for the most part though he did introduce himself, "I am Tr. icks, wonde. rous to mee. t you all!" His voice was a bit too cheery for the situation at claw.

SeaWeed
As he was waiting for the Fae to notice him he heard the sounds of some angry Maren off to the right. He looked over as a Nocturne barreled into the sand. He was really interested in what that Nocturne had done to make the Maren so angry so went over to them.

He towered over them as he approached and looked to see that they had Murkbottom Kelp within their grasp. Now he knew why the Maren had been so angry. Though he wondered how the Nocturne had gotten it, as they didn't look like they could breathe underwater.

He looked to the sea to see that the Maren had stopped their chase. They glared at the Nocturne and then him as he did nothing to return the Kelp. Then they left. He looked back at the Nocturne at that point.
Tricks
As Bead talked to the Bogsneak as Tracks now knew was called Vogel eh looked to the sea to try to find his companion who had run off as he had started his show. He found SeaWeed approaching a Fae on the beach. He chuckled to himself and left it there. Turning his attention back to Vogel and Bead. He ignored the trio for the most part though he did introduce himself, "I am Tr. icks, wonde. rous to mee. t you all!" His voice was a bit too cheery for the situation at claw.

SeaWeed
As he was waiting for the Fae to notice him he heard the sounds of some angry Maren off to the right. He looked over as a Nocturne barreled into the sand. He was really interested in what that Nocturne had done to make the Maren so angry so went over to them.

He towered over them as he approached and looked to see that they had Murkbottom Kelp within their grasp. Now he knew why the Maren had been so angry. Though he wondered how the Nocturne had gotten it, as they didn't look like they could breathe underwater.

He looked to the sea to see that the Maren had stopped their chase. They glared at the Nocturne and then him as he did nothing to return the Kelp. Then they left. He looked back at the Nocturne at that point.
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
Vogel almost hissed, but not in a rude manner as she refused the help. "I'll be alright. Things have been... Much worse before. I'd very much appreciate a place to rest, indeed." She sighed, continuing "I could begin to explain at this very moment, but I should save my breath." She was very grateful for being in the right place, at the right time. She kept low to the sand, trying not to attract unwanted attention. She seemed tense, yet relaxed, at the same time

She hid it very well, but everything hurt. Soul, mind, physical being. She felt as if she was about to shut down She thought to herself Oh boy. What a long story to tell... as she tried to order the events and think of an understandable description.

((sorry again for not that goodly worded thing, still sicc))
Vogel almost hissed, but not in a rude manner as she refused the help. "I'll be alright. Things have been... Much worse before. I'd very much appreciate a place to rest, indeed." She sighed, continuing "I could begin to explain at this very moment, but I should save my breath." She was very grateful for being in the right place, at the right time. She kept low to the sand, trying not to attract unwanted attention. She seemed tense, yet relaxed, at the same time

She hid it very well, but everything hurt. Soul, mind, physical being. She felt as if she was about to shut down She thought to herself Oh boy. What a long story to tell... as she tried to order the events and think of an understandable description.

((sorry again for not that goodly worded thing, still sicc))
Dumortierite freed one hand from the massive tangle of weeds to take off her mask, emptying a bit of seawater that was stuck in it. She heard the approach of footsteps on the sand as she did so, and by the time she had replaced it she saw the hooded Imperial standing over her. She looked at the bundle in her hand, then back up at him.
“You’re not gonna try to steal this, are you?” She eyed him suspiciously. She never could trust someone with a hood.
Dumortierite freed one hand from the massive tangle of weeds to take off her mask, emptying a bit of seawater that was stuck in it. She heard the approach of footsteps on the sand as she did so, and by the time she had replaced it she saw the hooded Imperial standing over her. She looked at the bundle in her hand, then back up at him.
“You’re not gonna try to steal this, are you?” She eyed him suspiciously. She never could trust someone with a hood.
SeaWeed
He stared at the nocturne as it took off its mask, revealing that salt water had gotten into it. Then they asked if he was going to steal their kelp. His face was blank for a second as he processed what they had just said. Then he let out a low rumbling growl that sounded like icebergs clashing underwater. They dare say such a thing about me?! He thought to himself.

His deep sea blue hair shining from the recent swim his clothes and hair dripping with seawater. For a moment he lifted an arm towards his Trident however, put it down in the end. He simply growled out in irritation with a voice that sounded like thunder, "I am a noble warrior, I would never stoop so low as to be a filthy thief!"

He truly wasn't liking this Nocturne already. However, he kept his temper in check as he was hear to learn of such a thing. He even started to review as to what could have made the little dragon think of him as a thief. Then he thought that perhaps it was his hood, it did cover most of his features.

Though that may be true he was still angry. He had been insulted his pride as a warrior rubbed in the dirt from being called a thief.

Tricks
As Vogel started to slowly go to a spot to rest he heard his companion start to raise his voice. He quickly looked over to see that a Nocturne had shown itself. Oh dear he thought, Truly a mess that dragon has caused for stepping on his temper.... Oh well To Tricks it was far better to follow Vogel to hear their tale. He decided he would tell it to the angry Imperial afterward.

As he thought that the best way to make a friend was to talk to them first. And that was exactly what SeaWeed was doing so he saw no harm in it and simply followed after Vogel.
SeaWeed
He stared at the nocturne as it took off its mask, revealing that salt water had gotten into it. Then they asked if he was going to steal their kelp. His face was blank for a second as he processed what they had just said. Then he let out a low rumbling growl that sounded like icebergs clashing underwater. They dare say such a thing about me?! He thought to himself.

His deep sea blue hair shining from the recent swim his clothes and hair dripping with seawater. For a moment he lifted an arm towards his Trident however, put it down in the end. He simply growled out in irritation with a voice that sounded like thunder, "I am a noble warrior, I would never stoop so low as to be a filthy thief!"

He truly wasn't liking this Nocturne already. However, he kept his temper in check as he was hear to learn of such a thing. He even started to review as to what could have made the little dragon think of him as a thief. Then he thought that perhaps it was his hood, it did cover most of his features.

Though that may be true he was still angry. He had been insulted his pride as a warrior rubbed in the dirt from being called a thief.

Tricks
As Vogel started to slowly go to a spot to rest he heard his companion start to raise his voice. He quickly looked over to see that a Nocturne had shown itself. Oh dear he thought, Truly a mess that dragon has caused for stepping on his temper.... Oh well To Tricks it was far better to follow Vogel to hear their tale. He decided he would tell it to the angry Imperial afterward.

As he thought that the best way to make a friend was to talk to them first. And that was exactly what SeaWeed was doing so he saw no harm in it and simply followed after Vogel.
"Hey don't worry, this isn't a thieve's guild or something." Groxinite said and proceeded to eat a variety of lab mushrooms to see which one is for medicine.
"Mr. Grox, I don't think that's safe..." Buck said in a worried manner.
"Trust me, these are perfectly-Hazzzyyyyy." Groxinite said before falling asleep beside Vogel.
"What about personal spa- oh forget it, he's asleep!" Joel said (He is sometimes used to what Groxinite does. But not today.)
"Hey don't worry, this isn't a thieve's guild or something." Groxinite said and proceeded to eat a variety of lab mushrooms to see which one is for medicine.
"Mr. Grox, I don't think that's safe..." Buck said in a worried manner.
"Trust me, these are perfectly-Hazzzyyyyy." Groxinite said before falling asleep beside Vogel.
"What about personal spa- oh forget it, he's asleep!" Joel said (He is sometimes used to what Groxinite does. But not today.)
Hold on tighter with my lighter shining through!
Dumortierite was a little bit concerned at the deep menacing growl that followed her question, and the slightly aggressive answer.
“Ha ha, hey, listen, I’m sorry, I just don’t know a uh, ‘noble warrior’ when I see one I guess. I’m not from around here, just passing through, so if you don’t mind I’ll just take my kelp and leave. Mkay?” She inched backwards out of the crater in the sand and hopped up. She was a little bit nervous, while she could defend herself against magic quite well, physical attacks were a bit of a weakness for her. Plus her hands were already preoccupied, so if it came to a fight she would do her best to flee. She looked further down the beach to a cluster of palm trees and slid a foot back in advance to spring into the air. She had left her gust-gather and herb pouch in one of the trees, if she could get over there and drop off the kelp, she could grab it and counterattack...
Dumortierite was a little bit concerned at the deep menacing growl that followed her question, and the slightly aggressive answer.
“Ha ha, hey, listen, I’m sorry, I just don’t know a uh, ‘noble warrior’ when I see one I guess. I’m not from around here, just passing through, so if you don’t mind I’ll just take my kelp and leave. Mkay?” She inched backwards out of the crater in the sand and hopped up. She was a little bit nervous, while she could defend herself against magic quite well, physical attacks were a bit of a weakness for her. Plus her hands were already preoccupied, so if it came to a fight she would do her best to flee. She looked further down the beach to a cluster of palm trees and slid a foot back in advance to spring into the air. She had left her gust-gather and herb pouch in one of the trees, if she could get over there and drop off the kelp, she could grab it and counterattack...
SeaWeed
After a second the Nocturne apologized though she sounded slightly sarcastic. She said that she wasn't from around the area as she climbed out of the crater she had made. That made sense, he wasn't either, although he did look the part. He loved this place because of all the water but he loved his clan more.

As he was lost in this thought, the slight movement of the Nocturnes foot going toward the palms further inland caught his attention. Ah he thought, I let my pride get the better of me and scared her...

At the thought he sighed and carefully swallowed his anger and pride. He then relaxed his body to a non threatening posture. Although he hated talking with strangers like this, it was the entire point of coming out here. Even if she wasn't form the Sea of a Thousand Currents, she was still a stranger that he could talk to.

He lowered his head a little and spoke in a softer tone, though he would never lose the thunder in his voice, "Wait... uh... I am also not from around here... I came from the Sunbeam Ruins... uh" He thought of what Tricks had said to say "Where are you from?"

Striking up a conversation was harder than he thought. He really found it difficult to listen but he would do that all the same.
SeaWeed
After a second the Nocturne apologized though she sounded slightly sarcastic. She said that she wasn't from around the area as she climbed out of the crater she had made. That made sense, he wasn't either, although he did look the part. He loved this place because of all the water but he loved his clan more.

As he was lost in this thought, the slight movement of the Nocturnes foot going toward the palms further inland caught his attention. Ah he thought, I let my pride get the better of me and scared her...

At the thought he sighed and carefully swallowed his anger and pride. He then relaxed his body to a non threatening posture. Although he hated talking with strangers like this, it was the entire point of coming out here. Even if she wasn't form the Sea of a Thousand Currents, she was still a stranger that he could talk to.

He lowered his head a little and spoke in a softer tone, though he would never lose the thunder in his voice, "Wait... uh... I am also not from around here... I came from the Sunbeam Ruins... uh" He thought of what Tricks had said to say "Where are you from?"

Striking up a conversation was harder than he thought. He really found it difficult to listen but he would do that all the same.
Bead nodded her understanding.

"You don't have to say a thing until you're ready. Let me lead you to a place to rest. I'm assuming you want a nest that's not half-submerged in water?" Bead knew there were some, they just weren't as common as the submerged nests.

She would also make sure to grab some food and healing herbs or potions. Vogel probably needed sleep more than anything else but she would still need food and medicine eventually.
Bead nodded her understanding.

"You don't have to say a thing until you're ready. Let me lead you to a place to rest. I'm assuming you want a nest that's not half-submerged in water?" Bead knew there were some, they just weren't as common as the submerged nests.

She would also make sure to grab some food and healing herbs or potions. Vogel probably needed sleep more than anything else but she would still need food and medicine eventually.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19