Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye of the Storm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
@fehrawn
@enderaxolotl
@lunartwist
@skiie
@pokemon559738
@frostsol
@amethyststar
This is the new thread for the roleplay!

@ anyone new who finds this post and wants to join the roleplay, please pm me and I'll send you the link to the other thread that's for planning and characters and all that background information (out of character stuff). This thread is specifically for the roleplaying (in character stuff) itself :)
@fehrawn
@enderaxolotl
@lunartwist
@skiie
@pokemon559738
@frostsol
@amethyststar
This is the new thread for the roleplay!

@ anyone new who finds this post and wants to join the roleplay, please pm me and I'll send you the link to the other thread that's for planning and characters and all that background information (out of character stuff). This thread is specifically for the roleplaying (in character stuff) itself :)
Bead awoke as she always did; curled up in her half-submerged sand nest, the sunlight gleaming through the water and into her eyes. The large aqua guardian would've loved to lay there for a while longer. She really enjoyed the cool water surrounding her and the warm sunlight above her. But, something felt off today. She felt restless as if something was about to go wrong. Bead stretched out of her bed and looked around, the twisting in her gut warning of upcoming danger.

Bead was relieved but confused when nothing looked different. Everything and everyone here looked nearly the same as they usually did. She flicked the end of her tail that was still dragging through the water in her nest.

Shaking off any anxious feelings, Bead walked off to find some breakfast, trying to convince herself that the weird feelings were just hunger. She quickly caught some fish and gobbled them up. She caught a few more to add to the communal food pile and started on her usual tasks for the day. Bead was in charge of the nets used for mass fishing. Making them, repairing them, untangling them, and so on. It took up half her day, if that, and then she was free to explore and do as she pleased.
Bead awoke as she always did; curled up in her half-submerged sand nest, the sunlight gleaming through the water and into her eyes. The large aqua guardian would've loved to lay there for a while longer. She really enjoyed the cool water surrounding her and the warm sunlight above her. But, something felt off today. She felt restless as if something was about to go wrong. Bead stretched out of her bed and looked around, the twisting in her gut warning of upcoming danger.

Bead was relieved but confused when nothing looked different. Everything and everyone here looked nearly the same as they usually did. She flicked the end of her tail that was still dragging through the water in her nest.

Shaking off any anxious feelings, Bead walked off to find some breakfast, trying to convince herself that the weird feelings were just hunger. She quickly caught some fish and gobbled them up. She caught a few more to add to the communal food pile and started on her usual tasks for the day. Bead was in charge of the nets used for mass fishing. Making them, repairing them, untangling them, and so on. It took up half her day, if that, and then she was free to explore and do as she pleased.
Adrian sat on an isolated rocky beach cove, away from - or so he hoped - other prying eyes. He looked around, then cautiously opened up a folded piece of parchment. Not more than 20 minutes ago, he'd won a so-called "treasure map" in an arm wrestling contest from some grungy fishermen who had started their ale consumption very early in the day. The sailors who were sitting down to breakfast at the inn he was staying at and were loudly proclaiming their prize would (and Adrian quoted), "WIN ME ALL THE BOOTY WEEE COULD EVER WANT IN ME LIFE". Intrigued, Adrian asked them a few questions about the map, supposedly taken off some other unlucky dragon in an arm wrestling match, and with a smirk, challenged the fisherman to the same.

The fishermen were HUGE Guardians, at least double the size and muscle mass of Adrian. As the Skydancer was used to, both fishermen flew into a fit of uproarious laughter, and eagerly took him up on their offer. If Adrian lost, he owed them his entire bag of money. It seemed like an easy win for the two. One of the Guardians - the smaller of the two giants, put his claw on the table and prepared himself for an easy match.

WHAM!

The laugher died sharply into stunned silence.

The Guardian's claw was flat on the table with Adrian's on top. The few other spectators in the inn were staring, jaws dropped. After a few "rematches" Adrian snatched the map and dashed out the door as the Guardians recovered from their shock and started to bellow "CHEATER!" and made their way out of the inn.

But the Skydancer was smaller and faster and easily weaved in and out of the coastal settlement until he came upon the isolated rocky cove. It wasn't like he cheated, the male mused, more, he just knew which slight angles to bend arms at to make most of their strength useless. Adrian wasn't physically strong himself, but he knew how to manipulate others' bodies just so. Though, he knew the beefcakes of Guardians wouldn't believe him.

"So...treasure map huh, I wonder if its real..." he said as he looked at the parchment. It definitely seemed like a functional map. It included a pretty accurate detailing of the Fishspine Reef, and illustratrated a very tiny island nearly in the center. Adrian had never heard of an island in the middle of the Sea of a Thousand Currents before, but then again, he really had never visited before now.

Interesting...very interesting...he wondered what it would take to journey out there...

He continued to muse upon the subject, staring at the map, unaware of any other approaching dragons...
Adrian sat on an isolated rocky beach cove, away from - or so he hoped - other prying eyes. He looked around, then cautiously opened up a folded piece of parchment. Not more than 20 minutes ago, he'd won a so-called "treasure map" in an arm wrestling contest from some grungy fishermen who had started their ale consumption very early in the day. The sailors who were sitting down to breakfast at the inn he was staying at and were loudly proclaiming their prize would (and Adrian quoted), "WIN ME ALL THE BOOTY WEEE COULD EVER WANT IN ME LIFE". Intrigued, Adrian asked them a few questions about the map, supposedly taken off some other unlucky dragon in an arm wrestling match, and with a smirk, challenged the fisherman to the same.

The fishermen were HUGE Guardians, at least double the size and muscle mass of Adrian. As the Skydancer was used to, both fishermen flew into a fit of uproarious laughter, and eagerly took him up on their offer. If Adrian lost, he owed them his entire bag of money. It seemed like an easy win for the two. One of the Guardians - the smaller of the two giants, put his claw on the table and prepared himself for an easy match.

WHAM!

The laugher died sharply into stunned silence.

The Guardian's claw was flat on the table with Adrian's on top. The few other spectators in the inn were staring, jaws dropped. After a few "rematches" Adrian snatched the map and dashed out the door as the Guardians recovered from their shock and started to bellow "CHEATER!" and made their way out of the inn.

But the Skydancer was smaller and faster and easily weaved in and out of the coastal settlement until he came upon the isolated rocky cove. It wasn't like he cheated, the male mused, more, he just knew which slight angles to bend arms at to make most of their strength useless. Adrian wasn't physically strong himself, but he knew how to manipulate others' bodies just so. Though, he knew the beefcakes of Guardians wouldn't believe him.

"So...treasure map huh, I wonder if its real..." he said as he looked at the parchment. It definitely seemed like a functional map. It included a pretty accurate detailing of the Fishspine Reef, and illustratrated a very tiny island nearly in the center. Adrian had never heard of an island in the middle of the Sea of a Thousand Currents before, but then again, he really had never visited before now.

Interesting...very interesting...he wondered what it would take to journey out there...

He continued to muse upon the subject, staring at the map, unaware of any other approaching dragons...
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
Tricks was off to a nice start. He had been traveling from his clan in the Sunbeam Ruins when he finally arrived at the Sea of a Thousand Currents. He really liked the place it was beautiful. He wondered if anyone would teach him some tricks involving water or something better.

As he went down to the beach he started to have a weird feeling in his stomach. Something inspiring was going to happen and he couldn't wait to see what it would be. He saw that there were a few hatchlings with their parents nearby.

He went over and started to entertain them with his little show. His hypnotic gaze, silly demeanor, and dramatic acting drew the hatchlings in more and the parents smiled at the entertainment. He felt that if he stayed in the area something promising would come around.
Tricks was off to a nice start. He had been traveling from his clan in the Sunbeam Ruins when he finally arrived at the Sea of a Thousand Currents. He really liked the place it was beautiful. He wondered if anyone would teach him some tricks involving water or something better.

As he went down to the beach he started to have a weird feeling in his stomach. Something inspiring was going to happen and he couldn't wait to see what it would be. He saw that there were a few hatchlings with their parents nearby.

He went over and started to entertain them with his little show. His hypnotic gaze, silly demeanor, and dramatic acting drew the hatchlings in more and the parents smiled at the entertainment. He felt that if he stayed in the area something promising would come around.
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
Duskfall is looking along the beach. She just seems to be collecting bits of things that seem interesting to her. She is a female imperial dragon.
And she seems small like she is young but still a adult. And ahe grabs like a small rock and outs it into a bag she carries on her.
Duskfall is looking along the beach. She just seems to be collecting bits of things that seem interesting to her. She is a female imperial dragon.
And she seems small like she is young but still a adult. And ahe grabs like a small rock and outs it into a bag she carries on her.
Vogel growled to herself, she was cold, wet, and generally not happy with herself. Some storm has been ravaging her area, and her clan was already in the middle of rebuilding after an emperor attack. She had been separated from the others, and was just counting her days left on some driftwood. She looked as if she had been out there for weeks, every clothing piece was tattered beyond belief.

In truth, she'd just been rescued from 70 feet underground, instead of water. Said emperor attack caused EVERYTHING to collapse, leaving most stranded. She would've liked to just fly away, but that wasn't possible. Stupid rocks. She waved to anyone on a nearby beach, signing SOS as she wasn't in screaming distance.

(next turn i may be slow, pls dont skip me,, i'm in school rn)
Vogel growled to herself, she was cold, wet, and generally not happy with herself. Some storm has been ravaging her area, and her clan was already in the middle of rebuilding after an emperor attack. She had been separated from the others, and was just counting her days left on some driftwood. She looked as if she had been out there for weeks, every clothing piece was tattered beyond belief.

In truth, she'd just been rescued from 70 feet underground, instead of water. Said emperor attack caused EVERYTHING to collapse, leaving most stranded. She would've liked to just fly away, but that wasn't possible. Stupid rocks. She waved to anyone on a nearby beach, signing SOS as she wasn't in screaming distance.

(next turn i may be slow, pls dont skip me,, i'm in school rn)
Feeling a bit worn out from working with nets all morning, Bead was on her way back to her nest for a short nap. A small grin appeared on her face at the thought of the sun-warmed water of her nest. She thought that she might stop and grab a quick bite to eat before her nap.

However, she was drawn off course by a fairly large gathering of dragons and hatchlings. A prickle of fear and curiosity ran down her spine at what they might be looking at. She quickly but cautiously approached the crowd. A few moments later, she could see what they saw. Just another dragon. But this dragon was a bit odd and he seemed to be performing tricks, entertaining the others. He also didn't look familiar at all. Most dragons living in the Tsunami Flats area of the Sea of a Thousand Currents at least vaguely recognized the other residents. So who was he? Bead decided she would just ask. But out of respect for him and everyone else, and maybe to save herself the embarrassment of interrogating him in front of everyone, she was going to wait until he was taking a break. Which would hopefully be soon.

Eventually, he stopped and told the crowd he would resume the entertainment later. She waited for the other dragons to disperse before approaching him.

"Hello. Who are you?" She asked the strange dragon.
Feeling a bit worn out from working with nets all morning, Bead was on her way back to her nest for a short nap. A small grin appeared on her face at the thought of the sun-warmed water of her nest. She thought that she might stop and grab a quick bite to eat before her nap.

However, she was drawn off course by a fairly large gathering of dragons and hatchlings. A prickle of fear and curiosity ran down her spine at what they might be looking at. She quickly but cautiously approached the crowd. A few moments later, she could see what they saw. Just another dragon. But this dragon was a bit odd and he seemed to be performing tricks, entertaining the others. He also didn't look familiar at all. Most dragons living in the Tsunami Flats area of the Sea of a Thousand Currents at least vaguely recognized the other residents. So who was he? Bead decided she would just ask. But out of respect for him and everyone else, and maybe to save herself the embarrassment of interrogating him in front of everyone, she was going to wait until he was taking a break. Which would hopefully be soon.

Eventually, he stopped and told the crowd he would resume the entertainment later. She waited for the other dragons to disperse before approaching him.

"Hello. Who are you?" She asked the strange dragon.
As Tricks took a break to make sure those around weren't bored of him a guardian walked up to him and asked who he was. He grinned at her and said in his quick yet slow and odd tone "I'm Tri. cks! A magic. al performer! Did you get to se. e some? What did y. ou think of t. he tricks I sh. owed?"

He stared at her point blank as the magic cards floated neatly into one of the ghostly hands. The bells on his costume jingling lightly and he grinned a near unsettlingly wide grin as he waited for an answer. Wanting to get some constructive criticism.
As Tricks took a break to make sure those around weren't bored of him a guardian walked up to him and asked who he was. He grinned at her and said in his quick yet slow and odd tone "I'm Tri. cks! A magic. al performer! Did you get to se. e some? What did y. ou think of t. he tricks I sh. owed?"

He stared at her point blank as the magic cards floated neatly into one of the ghostly hands. The bells on his costume jingling lightly and he grinned a near unsettlingly wide grin as he waited for an answer. Wanting to get some constructive criticism.
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
Bead's confusion was only growing. His speech pattern was very odd, but she wasn't one to question it, she had simply never heard anyone talk like that. He seemed quite skilled with magic, or at least skilled enough to fake it. She tended to be a bit skeptical of magic or magic users that were unfamiliar to her. But a part of her was very interested in magic and found the dragons who used it to be quite fascinating. Bead was also feeling quite unnerved around him, which annoyed her a bit since that was probably what he was trying to do.

"Tricks. I'm Bead. Yes, I only saw the very end though, I was working. But from what I saw, it was a very good performance and you seem pretty good with magic. Uhh, I can't really judge how good the tricks themselves were though. I'm not super familiar with that kind of magic." After a brief pause, Bead added, "Where are you from Tricks? I don't recognize you at all and you don't seem like you're from around here."
Bead's confusion was only growing. His speech pattern was very odd, but she wasn't one to question it, she had simply never heard anyone talk like that. He seemed quite skilled with magic, or at least skilled enough to fake it. She tended to be a bit skeptical of magic or magic users that were unfamiliar to her. But a part of her was very interested in magic and found the dragons who used it to be quite fascinating. Bead was also feeling quite unnerved around him, which annoyed her a bit since that was probably what he was trying to do.

"Tricks. I'm Bead. Yes, I only saw the very end though, I was working. But from what I saw, it was a very good performance and you seem pretty good with magic. Uhh, I can't really judge how good the tricks themselves were though. I'm not super familiar with that kind of magic." After a brief pause, Bead added, "Where are you from Tricks? I don't recognize you at all and you don't seem like you're from around here."
Styx watched from the shore as her strangely loyal Wildclaws busied themselves by chasing an unlucky sea bird as it was soaring low to the ground in search of prey. Between the three the largest was a brown-green female who took point while her paler counterparts ran at either side of her in an attempt to catch the bird before her.

The Skydancer sighed and fiddled around with the pair of metal claws she'd brought with her, grumbling lightly at the fact they were covered in sand. Her emerald eyes danced along the beach searching for a rock or something so she could sharpen her weapon of choice.
Styx watched from the shore as her strangely loyal Wildclaws busied themselves by chasing an unlucky sea bird as it was soaring low to the ground in search of prey. Between the three the largest was a brown-green female who took point while her paler counterparts ran at either side of her in an attempt to catch the bird before her.

The Skydancer sighed and fiddled around with the pair of metal claws she'd brought with her, grumbling lightly at the fact they were covered in sand. Her emerald eyes danced along the beach searching for a rock or something so she could sharpen her weapon of choice.
ygWzlbs.pngaKdV5MN.pngu9UVwot.pngdVEhpEt.png9Ul81xi.pngrzGCUW2.pngyK2yfiw.pngqBNWrht.pngKYC6yDa.pngHxJ7se6.pngW4bPTjV.pngd3XCZt0.pngX1o9g2Z.pngoA8PO33.pngBZroI2Z.png6Gz2fDO.pngu9UVwot.pngnFtGgPV.pngtDii0Aq.png
2W5hn3g.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19