Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] Chasing Secrets
1 2
((@Digimon11, @Sparkbreeze Sorry about the delay, but here we go! Please let me know if I make any mistakes.))

There had been yet another attack. This time, it had been a small clan on the outskirts of Dragonhome, with few survivors to tell the tale. They spoke of shadowy beings streaking through the night sky just before their clanmates started to fall. Their story spread quickly and, while some dismissed it as a mere tale, many were horrified and strengthened their guard.

One clan, living near the sacred burial grounds of the Cairnstone Rest, watched as the dead were carried towards their final resting place. This wasn't the first time such a procession had passed their doorstep. While the elders murmured prayers for the departed spirits, a young Tundra shuffled his feet uncomfortably. His own birth clan had been stricken down in a similar manner and the memory haunted him daily. Breaking the tense silence, he asked, "Isn't there anything we can do about this?"

"Not unless you have a death wish yourself, Kamir," an old Snapper mused. "Many legends speak of the Shade's return, but nothing short of the gods themselves can stop it."

"But what if it's not the Shade?" Kamir continued, staring up at the Snapper. "It could be something we shouldn't be bothering the gods with. I just don't want to sit here while more dragons die."

"Watch your tone, boy," the Snapper warned. "I cannot imagine anything other than the Shade performing such heinous acts. But, if your mind is set, then I suppose there isn't much I can do to stop you. Though, I would suggest checking the library for further information before rushing into things."

"I don't think there's time for that," Kamir said, staring off into the distance. "I'll just figure things out as I go." He stood and stretched his wings. "Oh, and make sure the leader knows where I went. No need to make her worry too much."

"May the gods grant strength to your foolish heart," the Snapper sighed, shaking his head. "They are the only ones who can save you from the Shade's corruption."

Fighting the urge to roll his eyes, Kamir nodded and leaped into the air. Flapping his wings furiously, he sped off towards the horizon, eager to do something impactful for once in his life.
((@Digimon11, @Sparkbreeze Sorry about the delay, but here we go! Please let me know if I make any mistakes.))

There had been yet another attack. This time, it had been a small clan on the outskirts of Dragonhome, with few survivors to tell the tale. They spoke of shadowy beings streaking through the night sky just before their clanmates started to fall. Their story spread quickly and, while some dismissed it as a mere tale, many were horrified and strengthened their guard.

One clan, living near the sacred burial grounds of the Cairnstone Rest, watched as the dead were carried towards their final resting place. This wasn't the first time such a procession had passed their doorstep. While the elders murmured prayers for the departed spirits, a young Tundra shuffled his feet uncomfortably. His own birth clan had been stricken down in a similar manner and the memory haunted him daily. Breaking the tense silence, he asked, "Isn't there anything we can do about this?"

"Not unless you have a death wish yourself, Kamir," an old Snapper mused. "Many legends speak of the Shade's return, but nothing short of the gods themselves can stop it."

"But what if it's not the Shade?" Kamir continued, staring up at the Snapper. "It could be something we shouldn't be bothering the gods with. I just don't want to sit here while more dragons die."

"Watch your tone, boy," the Snapper warned. "I cannot imagine anything other than the Shade performing such heinous acts. But, if your mind is set, then I suppose there isn't much I can do to stop you. Though, I would suggest checking the library for further information before rushing into things."

"I don't think there's time for that," Kamir said, staring off into the distance. "I'll just figure things out as I go." He stood and stretched his wings. "Oh, and make sure the leader knows where I went. No need to make her worry too much."

"May the gods grant strength to your foolish heart," the Snapper sighed, shaking his head. "They are the only ones who can save you from the Shade's corruption."

Fighting the urge to roll his eyes, Kamir nodded and leaped into the air. Flapping his wings furiously, he sped off towards the horizon, eager to do something impactful for once in his life.
9rffWp7.png----- FR+2 -tumblr_p27o7vllRE1wvvm88o2_100.png- Female --vmRjR9o.png
((@lavaland422 @Sparkbreeze Sorry for the late response. Btw, I’m subbed to the page))

Ibis scanned the sky for signs of shadowy figures she spotted right before the clan nearby were taken out. These shadows started appearing recently and were brushed off as signs of the shade. Ibis on the other hand knew these dangers weren’t as strong as the shade otherwise the gods would have intervened. She had acquired data by going to different clans that were attacked and surveyed the remains and talked to the locals.

She had returned to her clan baffled by the cases when a young dragonet by the name of Yaal ran up to her. “Ibis, come quick! They have attacked a nearby clan and the elders believe we are next,” the young skydancer gasped. “Calm down and show me the way,” Ibis said with an air of discipline.

She followed Yaal to the leader of her clan, Eureka. She stopped and pulled out her journal which held all the secrets she had ever come across or heard. “Tell me what is happening,” she instructed. The leader eyed her book for a second before explaining what was occurring. “They attack the neighboring tribe and some of our dragons fear we are next. These ‘shadow dragons’ attack quite randomly and strike fear into even the bravest warrior”, Euerka said sighing at the situation.

“Then it is a good thing I’m not a warrior”, Ibis stated smiling. The shadows seem to stretch around her and whisper with secrets. Her head snapped up as if she was listening to the clues the shadows gave her. “I must leave and solve this secret”, she said briefly. “I will find out the root of the problem and make our clan safe once again.” With that, the mysterious wildclaw took off into the sky as a wise fae wished her luck.
((@lavaland422 @Sparkbreeze Sorry for the late response. Btw, I’m subbed to the page))

Ibis scanned the sky for signs of shadowy figures she spotted right before the clan nearby were taken out. These shadows started appearing recently and were brushed off as signs of the shade. Ibis on the other hand knew these dangers weren’t as strong as the shade otherwise the gods would have intervened. She had acquired data by going to different clans that were attacked and surveyed the remains and talked to the locals.

She had returned to her clan baffled by the cases when a young dragonet by the name of Yaal ran up to her. “Ibis, come quick! They have attacked a nearby clan and the elders believe we are next,” the young skydancer gasped. “Calm down and show me the way,” Ibis said with an air of discipline.

She followed Yaal to the leader of her clan, Eureka. She stopped and pulled out her journal which held all the secrets she had ever come across or heard. “Tell me what is happening,” she instructed. The leader eyed her book for a second before explaining what was occurring. “They attack the neighboring tribe and some of our dragons fear we are next. These ‘shadow dragons’ attack quite randomly and strike fear into even the bravest warrior”, Euerka said sighing at the situation.

“Then it is a good thing I’m not a warrior”, Ibis stated smiling. The shadows seem to stretch around her and whisper with secrets. Her head snapped up as if she was listening to the clues the shadows gave her. “I must leave and solve this secret”, she said briefly. “I will find out the root of the problem and make our clan safe once again.” With that, the mysterious wildclaw took off into the sky as a wise fae wished her luck.
ldNLSdw.png
((I'm subscribed too.
I tried with this post. Admittedly, I don't usually write this much at once.))

It wasn't long before news of the first attacks reached the Shifting Expanse. But by then, many Lightning clans had suffered blows as well, their mechanical defences useless against these shadowy enemies.

Luckily, Oceanic's clan wasn't one of them. Unluckily, it seemed like they were on some kind of list of targets. She could've sworn she had spotted something weird on the outskirts of their territory a few days ago. Many of their neighbours had reported seing these beings as well. It was time - the Mirror had decided - for her to investigate.

It did take a bit of convincing, but the clan leader eventually allowed her to travel and investigate the origin of the shadowy figures. With just the apparel on her back, and a small bag of supplies, Oceanic had started the journey to the other side of the continent.

And now she was here, in Dragonhome. The flat plains of rock stretching out for miles were dull to look at, compared to the dined of her home. But the Mirror had no time to be bothered by the landscape's appearance. She had to figure out what had happened.
((I'm subscribed too.
I tried with this post. Admittedly, I don't usually write this much at once.))

It wasn't long before news of the first attacks reached the Shifting Expanse. But by then, many Lightning clans had suffered blows as well, their mechanical defences useless against these shadowy enemies.

Luckily, Oceanic's clan wasn't one of them. Unluckily, it seemed like they were on some kind of list of targets. She could've sworn she had spotted something weird on the outskirts of their territory a few days ago. Many of their neighbours had reported seing these beings as well. It was time - the Mirror had decided - for her to investigate.

It did take a bit of convincing, but the clan leader eventually allowed her to travel and investigate the origin of the shadowy figures. With just the apparel on her back, and a small bag of supplies, Oceanic had started the journey to the other side of the continent.

And now she was here, in Dragonhome. The flat plains of rock stretching out for miles were dull to look at, compared to the dined of her home. But the Mirror had no time to be bothered by the landscape's appearance. She had to figure out what had happened.
he/theyautistic

(i'll edit my signature soon, i promise.)
Flying from the top of Dragonhome to the Southern border was proving more difficult than Kamir had anticipated. Even with all the updrafts keeping him aloft, his wings were already getting sore. It was definitely time to land and rest a while.

Kamir swooped in for a landing, sending up a cloud of dust. He reached up and rubbed his wing joints gratefully. Sighing, he mumbled to himself, "I really need to get out more." Out of the corner of his vision, he noticed a Mirror, who he thought looked a bit confused. Trotting over, he said, "Hey, there! Are you lost? What are you looking for?"
Flying from the top of Dragonhome to the Southern border was proving more difficult than Kamir had anticipated. Even with all the updrafts keeping him aloft, his wings were already getting sore. It was definitely time to land and rest a while.

Kamir swooped in for a landing, sending up a cloud of dust. He reached up and rubbed his wing joints gratefully. Sighing, he mumbled to himself, "I really need to get out more." Out of the corner of his vision, he noticed a Mirror, who he thought looked a bit confused. Trotting over, he said, "Hey, there! Are you lost? What are you looking for?"
Ibis paused at her secret lair and yes, she did have one. All Sorceresses have their own aborde to go to practice magic or to just get away from their clan’s clinginess. She grabbed some supplies and placed them in a small bag. She then made sure her book which held all her knowledge was tied around her waist. Then the wildclaw took off.

After a long flight, she stopped to take a break at Dragonhome, home to the earth flight. She looked around to see if she can find any locals and spotted two dragons. Moving closer, she realized one was a tundra and another a mirror who looked confused. They look harmless enough, Ibis thought moving closer to introduce herself. “Hello, who might you be?” She asked being cautious.
Ibis paused at her secret lair and yes, she did have one. All Sorceresses have their own aborde to go to practice magic or to just get away from their clan’s clinginess. She grabbed some supplies and placed them in a small bag. She then made sure her book which held all her knowledge was tied around her waist. Then the wildclaw took off.

After a long flight, she stopped to take a break at Dragonhome, home to the earth flight. She looked around to see if she can find any locals and spotted two dragons. Moving closer, she realized one was a tundra and another a mirror who looked confused. They look harmless enough, Ibis thought moving closer to introduce herself. “Hello, who might you be?” She asked being cautious.
ldNLSdw.png
Oceanic turned her head towards the voice to see a Tundra walking towards her. "Well, I-" She stopped talking when she heard yet another voice. The Mirror turned once again and saw another dragon, a Wildclaw this time. "Hello to you both. My name is Oceanic..." Turning back to the Tundra, she continued. "And as for why I'm here, I came to investigate the cause of these attacks." Oceanic paused for a moment. "I assume you know what I'm talking about? They've been happening in the Shifting Expanse recently, and they started in Dragonhome and nearby areas, from what I've heard."
Oceanic turned her head towards the voice to see a Tundra walking towards her. "Well, I-" She stopped talking when she heard yet another voice. The Mirror turned once again and saw another dragon, a Wildclaw this time. "Hello to you both. My name is Oceanic..." Turning back to the Tundra, she continued. "And as for why I'm here, I came to investigate the cause of these attacks." Oceanic paused for a moment. "I assume you know what I'm talking about? They've been happening in the Shifting Expanse recently, and they started in Dragonhome and nearby areas, from what I've heard."
he/theyautistic

Wiggling his tail with the excitement of meeting not one, but two new dragons, Kamir said, "My name's Kamir! It's a pleasure to meet you both!" He paused, a solemn expression crossing his face. "My birth clan back in the Scarred Wasteland was taken out by those attacks and they've been getting way too close to my new home lately. I'm looking for a way to stop them for good. Would either of you two know anything about them? I, uh... kinda left in a hurry."
Wiggling his tail with the excitement of meeting not one, but two new dragons, Kamir said, "My name's Kamir! It's a pleasure to meet you both!" He paused, a solemn expression crossing his face. "My birth clan back in the Scarred Wasteland was taken out by those attacks and they've been getting way too close to my new home lately. I'm looking for a way to stop them for good. Would either of you two know anything about them? I, uh... kinda left in a hurry."
"No, I know nothing that could be useful," Oceanic replied, shaking her head. "My clan's neighbours have been attacked; I'm worried about what might happen to my clanmates." She looked up towards the sky briefly. "I came here to figure out what's causing this. I assume you have the same intentions?"
"No, I know nothing that could be useful," Oceanic replied, shaking her head. "My clan's neighbours have been attacked; I'm worried about what might happen to my clanmates." She looked up towards the sky briefly. "I came here to figure out what's causing this. I assume you have the same intentions?"
he/theyautistic

Nodding eagerly, Kamir commented, "It would be best to cut it off at the source, right? Whatever the source is." He turned back to the Wildclaw and tipped his head to one side. "What about you?" he asked. "Are you here about the attacks too?"
Nodding eagerly, Kamir commented, "It would be best to cut it off at the source, right? Whatever the source is." He turned back to the Wildclaw and tipped his head to one side. "What about you?" he asked. "Are you here about the attacks too?"
Ibis looked at the tundra for a moment deciding wether to trust him or not. She then replied, “yeah. The clan nearby mine got attacked which made my clan nervous fearing that they might be next.” She took out her book and then added, “I’ve been analyzing the data found in the clans that were being attacked and I found some secrets too. But the secrets didn’t really do anything.” She turned her book around and pointed to some conclusions she came across, “I traced the shadows to somewhere around here but I believe they might have moved on considering Oceanic’s neighbors were already attacked.”
Ibis looked at the tundra for a moment deciding wether to trust him or not. She then replied, “yeah. The clan nearby mine got attacked which made my clan nervous fearing that they might be next.” She took out her book and then added, “I’ve been analyzing the data found in the clans that were being attacked and I found some secrets too. But the secrets didn’t really do anything.” She turned her book around and pointed to some conclusions she came across, “I traced the shadows to somewhere around here but I believe they might have moved on considering Oceanic’s neighbors were already attacked.”
ldNLSdw.png
1 2