Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Brief Guide to Roleplay Etiquette
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
@Joshdaawsome
Okay. Lets see here.

This one is an example of what would typically be considered good protocol:
Quote:
Jareth tensed his wings as he prepared to launch himself at coatl poised before him. The other dragon was larger, to be sure, but the small fae felt that he had the upper hand given his small body also allowed for quicker movement. His otherwise delicate appearance hid a wirey and lithe frame that allowed him to twist and turn in ways that sometimes managed to catch his opponents off-guard. He was like an insect - quick with abrupt turns and speedy evades. And like an insect he had a painful bite.

Thus, he suddenly charged at this opponent, his tiny, needle-like teeth set to latch on to his opponent's neck or any other limb he could manage to get a hold of.

I explained the situation and utilized information that is considered well-known or Jareth's opinion. Basically, it's known that coatls are larger than fae, and as a result Jareth felt that he could possibly out-speed and maneuver the coatl in order to latch successfully on to his opponent's neck, but no where in that post did I say he succeeded. I simply made his intentions known.

He is a post that would be considered less sportsmanlike:
Quote:
Jareth tensed his wings as he prepared to launch himself at coatl poised before him. The other dragon was larger, to be sure, but the small fae felt that he had the upper hand given his small body also allowed for quicker movement. His otherwise delicate appearance hid a wirey and lithe frame that allowed him to twist and turn in ways that sometimes managed to catch his opponents off-guard. He was like an insect - quick with abrupt turns and speedy evades. And like an insect he had a painful bite.

True to his assumptions, as he launched himself at his opponent he felt his needle-like teeth sink into the coatl's neck and immediately he brought around his claws to acquire a firmer grip as he burrowed whatever sharp appendages he had into the other dragon's skin like a tick coming home to roost. There was no way he was going to let go now that he had the other dragon right where he wanted!

As you can see, the first paragraph is the same as in the first post. However, the second paragraph shows that I had Jareth attack and then displayed how he succeeded without giving my theoretical partner any opportunity to respond. The second paragraph would have been appropriate if I had used the first example, allowed my partner to respond and they verified the attack was successful, and was then posting again to further explain what Jareth was doing seeing he succeeded, but it wouldn't have been appropriate as an all-encompassing first post unless my partner's policies concerning powerplaying deviated and I talked it over with them first.
@Joshdaawsome
Okay. Lets see here.

This one is an example of what would typically be considered good protocol:
Quote:

Thus, he suddenly charged at this opponent, his tiny, needle-like teeth set to latch on to his opponent's neck or any other limb he could manage to get a hold of.

I explained the situation and utilized information that is considered well-known or Jareth's opinion. Basically, it's known that coatls are larger than fae, and as a result Jareth felt that he could possibly out-speed and maneuver the coatl in order to latch successfully on to his opponent's neck, but no where in that post did I say he succeeded. I simply made his intentions known.

He is a post that would be considered less sportsmanlike:
Quote:

True to his assumptions, as he launched himself at his opponent he felt his needle-like teeth sink into the coatl's neck and immediately he brought around his claws to acquire a firmer grip as he burrowed whatever sharp appendages he had into the other dragon's skin like a tick coming home to roost. There was no way he was going to let go now that he had the other dragon right where he wanted!

As you can see, the first paragraph is the same as in the first post. However, the second paragraph shows that I had Jareth attack and then displayed how he succeeded without giving my theoretical partner any opportunity to respond. The second paragraph would have been appropriate if I had used the first example, allowed my partner to respond and they verified the attack was successful, and was then posting again to further explain what Jareth was doing seeing he succeeded, but it wouldn't have been appropriate as an all-encompassing first post unless my partner's policies concerning powerplaying deviated and I talked it over with them first.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro9_250.gif
@LostEventide Lets see if I can respond to this first quote.
Josh was preparing to block the attack from the fae by curling into a ball with her wings blocking the direction the fae rushing and planning to counter the attack by aiming at the fae while hiding.
(I agree it's fun to lose!)
@LostEventide Lets see if I can respond to this first quote.
Josh was preparing to block the attack from the fae by curling into a ball with her wings blocking the direction the fae rushing and planning to counter the attack by aiming at the fae while hiding.
(I agree it's fun to lose!)
@LostEventide Should we practice?
@LostEventide Should we practice?
@LostEventide Ok... Going to try again.
But the bite actually hit Josh flinching her for a split second but then unfroze super quickly. Then Josh tried sliceing the fae by using her wings as blades swiping them rapidly.
@LostEventide Ok... Going to try again.
But the bite actually hit Josh flinching her for a split second but then unfroze super quickly. Then Josh tried sliceing the fae by using her wings as blades swiping them rapidly.
@Joshdaawsome
Yup, you pretty much got it =3 From there you can get creative with it and such, but you pretty much got the concept down ^^
@Joshdaawsome
Yup, you pretty much got it =3 From there you can get creative with it and such, but you pretty much got the concept down ^^
@LostEventide Yeaaaaa!
(I wish they had a place to practice.)
@LostEventide Yeaaaaa!
(I wish they had a place to practice.)
@Joshdaawsome
I believe the roleplay training grounds stickied in this forum is meant to be a place to practice
@Joshdaawsome
I believe the roleplay training grounds stickied in this forum is meant to be a place to practice
@LostEventide Ok... But I have one problem...
How will I practice?
@LostEventide Ok... But I have one problem...
How will I practice?
@Joshdaawsome
You just go ahead and write =3 I believe that thread is meant to be an open thread for people to get feedback and such on their roleplay, so you'll find tons of help there.
@Joshdaawsome
You just go ahead and write =3 I believe that thread is meant to be an open thread for people to get feedback and such on their roleplay, so you'll find tons of help there.
@LostEventide Ok...?
@LostEventide Ok...?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12