Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Brief Guide to Roleplay Etiquette
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
How do I post an image of my dragon on a forum post?
76423401.png 67682904.png 66967264.png
74428082_350.png
Really helpful!
Really helpful!
UqN4jFQ.png
[quote name="Naakfai" date="2021-03-25 17:33:26" ] Question: Do you have to fill out a Roleplayer Directory form? This is the first time I have roleplayed on FR and I'm trying to accomidate myself with it. I've only ever done chat rps (make a form and wait for the rest of the people to start) so I'm not sure how the description and rules differ. I also just haven't really made personalities for my newer dragons much yet. [/quote] When you mean havnt made personalities for your dragons yet do you mean the ones in your lair? If so that dosnt really matter most of the rps you can use an image of your dragon and create theyre personalities you don’t nessacarily need them down
Naakfai wrote on 2021-03-25 17:33:26:
Question: Do you have to fill out a Roleplayer Directory form? This is the first time I have roleplayed on FR and I'm trying to accomidate myself with it. I've only ever done chat rps (make a form and wait for the rest of the people to start) so I'm not sure how the description and rules differ. I also just haven't really made personalities for my newer dragons much yet.
When you mean havnt made personalities for your dragons yet do you mean the ones in your lair? If so that dosnt really matter most of the rps you can use an image of your dragon and create theyre personalities you don’t nessacarily need them down
74428082_350.png
[quote name="@GhostWolf522" date="2021-04-16 06:10:47" ] How do I post an image of my dragon on a forum post? [/quote] Go to the specified dragons page. Right underneath the like button are two icons. Click the on on the left and copy the widget. Then you can paste it on your forum post or bio or something. Example: [code][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69301551][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/693016/69301551_350.png[/img][/url][/code] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69301551][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/693016/69301551_350.png[/img][/url]
@GhostWolf522 wrote on 2021-04-16 06:10:47:
Go to the specified dragons page. Right underneath the like button are two icons. Click the on on the left and copy the widget. Then you can paste it on your forum post or bio or something.
Example:
Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69301551][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/693016/69301551_350.png[/img][/url]
69301551_350.png
rainbow-pansexual-splotch-heckin-pan2.png
Hey thanks! I managed to figure it out a while ago but thanks!
Hey thanks! I managed to figure it out a while ago but thanks!
74428082_350.png
Ok, this thread is a tad old and this may be a stupid question, but I'm new to RP here. Does one typically play their own actual dragons, or could one, say, build a dragon in the scrying workshop and play them as a character?
Ok, this thread is a tad old and this may be a stupid question, but I'm new to RP here. Does one typically play their own actual dragons, or could one, say, build a dragon in the scrying workshop and play them as a character?
Just want to chime in here about the legality part. I mean sure, it's polite to ask the artist to use their images and no one wants their art taken and used to promote anything they aren't a fan of. But legally speaking...

"Art theft" isn't a real term, at least not here in the US. court system. Copyright and intellectual property laws, protect images and art. But if an image is in the public domain "On the internet, google search, Instagram, etc, etc" you can use the image under fair use as long as...

1) You do not claim the image is yours or that you created it.
2) You do not make money off of the image, or use the image to promote anything. Ex: using someone's images in a blog post or something.

there's also a part about derivative works where if an image is altered drastically from the original, here it becomes a new piece of art and is not copyright infringement.

And let's not even get into international laws and rights which vary widely.

So in short, using images or a little personal role-play or as an avatar isn't going to get you thrown in jail or anything. You don't have to hunt down every artist and ask them to use their images as long as it's personal use only and not being used commercially you're perfectly fine legally speaking to use any images off google. ^_^
Just want to chime in here about the legality part. I mean sure, it's polite to ask the artist to use their images and no one wants their art taken and used to promote anything they aren't a fan of. But legally speaking...

"Art theft" isn't a real term, at least not here in the US. court system. Copyright and intellectual property laws, protect images and art. But if an image is in the public domain "On the internet, google search, Instagram, etc, etc" you can use the image under fair use as long as...

1) You do not claim the image is yours or that you created it.
2) You do not make money off of the image, or use the image to promote anything. Ex: using someone's images in a blog post or something.

there's also a part about derivative works where if an image is altered drastically from the original, here it becomes a new piece of art and is not copyright infringement.

And let's not even get into international laws and rights which vary widely.

So in short, using images or a little personal role-play or as an avatar isn't going to get you thrown in jail or anything. You don't have to hunt down every artist and ask them to use their images as long as it's personal use only and not being used commercially you're perfectly fine legally speaking to use any images off google. ^_^
[Love] Guardians - Nocs - Skydancers - Bogs
[Like] Snappers - Imps - Wildclaws - Pearlcatcher
[Meh] Mirrors - Tundra - Ridgeback
[Ew] Coatls - Fae - Spirals
y'all did well on the guide for the rp
y'all did well on the guide for the rp
kirinMaster_aberration2.png
This is mega useful. I might try RPing, I love story-writing, but often I'm too shy to show them to other people in case they think my story is bad :(
This is mega useful. I might try RPing, I love story-writing, but often I'm too shy to show them to other people in case they think my story is bad :(
I'm a few yrs late to that comment up there but-

Legality aside, it is a real jerk move to use people's art without asking. Are you gonna get thrown in jail? No. But you're not gonna get thrown in jail for any of this. It is a thread about ETIQUETTE. Don't use people's art for ANY reason unless you know it's free to use or you've asked.
I'm a few yrs late to that comment up there but-

Legality aside, it is a real jerk move to use people's art without asking. Are you gonna get thrown in jail? No. But you're not gonna get thrown in jail for any of this. It is a thread about ETIQUETTE. Don't use people's art for ANY reason unless you know it's free to use or you've asked.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12