Roleplay
Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [LF]Roleplay Partners! (reused thread)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@GuardianDragonak
I like that!
Perhaps the ruins are common but nobody really knew what the messages they held meant until they looked closer at the pattern of what's killing the lightbearers? Maybe something cryptic about putting the light out, or what they originally though were the instructions (light brings peace, the darkness corrupts, candles burn out, or something) was actually a warning.
@GuardianDragonak
I like that!
Perhaps the ruins are common but nobody really knew what the messages they held meant until they looked closer at the pattern of what's killing the lightbearers? Maybe something cryptic about putting the light out, or what they originally though were the instructions (light brings peace, the darkness corrupts, candles burn out, or something) was actually a warning.
gifmaker_org_kjrkoq_by_scryzzethekat-dchbjso.gifwebp_net_gifmaker__1__by_scryzzethekat-dchcigs.gifJPa8Sca.gifwebp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gifroleplay_icon_by_scryzzethekat-dchbjs9.gif
@Scryzze
I'm not too great at cryptic stuff, I was thinking something more like a journal of a local or multiple locals that used to live in the forest before it was cursed, describing the odd occurrences and maybe the arrival of the first Light bearers. Though...cryptic things could be added to that too, I just don't have a clear idea on how...

I was thinking that the Light bearers were ethereal beings of some sort, found only in cursed places like the forest and tasked with helping and guiding souls out of the forest before they become corrupt.
This particular became cursed years ago, but before that time, multiple villages had thrived within.
As the curse began to take hold, those that lived in the forest began to look for the cause and a way to stop it before all of them had succumbed to it. Perhaps seeking help from some mysterious being/person that also had a home in the forest.
The curse itself might be a depressing gloom or some form of malice, causing creatures to take their lives and turn into corrupt souls.

Sorry about not having a smooth transition for that. ^_^''
@Scryzze
I'm not too great at cryptic stuff, I was thinking something more like a journal of a local or multiple locals that used to live in the forest before it was cursed, describing the odd occurrences and maybe the arrival of the first Light bearers. Though...cryptic things could be added to that too, I just don't have a clear idea on how...

I was thinking that the Light bearers were ethereal beings of some sort, found only in cursed places like the forest and tasked with helping and guiding souls out of the forest before they become corrupt.
This particular became cursed years ago, but before that time, multiple villages had thrived within.
As the curse began to take hold, those that lived in the forest began to look for the cause and a way to stop it before all of them had succumbed to it. Perhaps seeking help from some mysterious being/person that also had a home in the forest.
The curse itself might be a depressing gloom or some form of malice, causing creatures to take their lives and turn into corrupt souls.

Sorry about not having a smooth transition for that. ^_^''
Dragons for sale here!
If a leaf blows into your face on a sunny day, it may be good luck, but don't look too close, it may have a bug on it.
Q5eZhV2.png
@GuardianDragonak
Eugh, forgot to respond to this, sorry!

I personally love cryptic stuff and (depending on the day) like writing it up myself, though if you'd rather not deal with all of it then we can definitely go with journals-- that's probably easier, anyways.

The lightbearers being a sort of counter to wide-spread/long-term curses sounds interesting! Perhaps people are more willing to settle around cursed areas because there are those actively trying to hold that curse at bay.

@GuardianDragonak
Eugh, forgot to respond to this, sorry!

I personally love cryptic stuff and (depending on the day) like writing it up myself, though if you'd rather not deal with all of it then we can definitely go with journals-- that's probably easier, anyways.

The lightbearers being a sort of counter to wide-spread/long-term curses sounds interesting! Perhaps people are more willing to settle around cursed areas because there are those actively trying to hold that curse at bay.

gifmaker_org_kjrkoq_by_scryzzethekat-dchbjso.gifwebp_net_gifmaker__1__by_scryzzethekat-dchcigs.gifJPa8Sca.gifwebp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gifroleplay_icon_by_scryzzethekat-dchbjs9.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8