Roleplay
Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [LF]Roleplay Partners! (reused thread)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
^
^
gifmaker_org_kjrkoq_by_scryzzethekat-dchbjso.gifwebp_net_gifmaker__1__by_scryzzethekat-dchcigs.gifJPa8Sca.gifwebp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gifroleplay_icon_by_scryzzethekat-dchbjs9.gif
@Scryzze Hello! I've been roleplaying for quite a few years now, at least 6 though I can't remember when I first started. I am currently in only in one other active roleplay with a long time RPG partner so I won't have any trouble trying to balance too many RPGs. I'm fine with rping here or on Discord, Discord does have a character limit so if we have long posts I don't think that's the best place.

I am a full-time college student and I have been guilty of randomly disappearing around times when a lot of work is due in close time periods. I do my best to give a heads up but sometimes I forget cause life gets hectic. I'm like you when it comes to responding, some days I just don't have the energy to respond and sometimes I just need a day or two to think about how I want to respond and what I'd like to happen. I love plot/character development and also working on the 'history' of my characters as the plot goes on.

My average response length depends on what's currently happening in the RPG, how many characters I'm currently playing with, and your response. The more you give me to work with the better I can respond, pretty much as you stated in your post. I do love playing tons of characters so I'm perfectly fine if we have a lot of character interaction. I prefer straight/heterosexual romance/relationships but if you want to use a character that has a different orientation I'm perfectly fine with that.

I'm capable of playing male and female characters and I do my best to try and keep all of them 'balanced'. I have a terrible knack of making them too stubborn so feel free to tell me if I make any of them seem unreasonable. I have a mixture of characters and I'm sure I can match them to your characters if we're looking to add a bit of romance.

Plot/genre-wise I like fantasy, romance (has to be mixed with something), realistic fiction, survival, etc. I'm not into fandom RPGs, FR RPGs, games, horror, etc. I don't mind dark plots though, I tend to make my characters suffer some way in every RPG I've been in soooo.... That doesn't mean I'm good at playing the villain tho.

Regarding plots, I can track down some plots I have somewhere, see if any interest you. Happy to mix them up or whatever too. Just let me know if you're interested although I'm sure you might be busy due to all the responses you've gotten from this thread.
@Scryzze Hello! I've been roleplaying for quite a few years now, at least 6 though I can't remember when I first started. I am currently in only in one other active roleplay with a long time RPG partner so I won't have any trouble trying to balance too many RPGs. I'm fine with rping here or on Discord, Discord does have a character limit so if we have long posts I don't think that's the best place.

I am a full-time college student and I have been guilty of randomly disappearing around times when a lot of work is due in close time periods. I do my best to give a heads up but sometimes I forget cause life gets hectic. I'm like you when it comes to responding, some days I just don't have the energy to respond and sometimes I just need a day or two to think about how I want to respond and what I'd like to happen. I love plot/character development and also working on the 'history' of my characters as the plot goes on.

My average response length depends on what's currently happening in the RPG, how many characters I'm currently playing with, and your response. The more you give me to work with the better I can respond, pretty much as you stated in your post. I do love playing tons of characters so I'm perfectly fine if we have a lot of character interaction. I prefer straight/heterosexual romance/relationships but if you want to use a character that has a different orientation I'm perfectly fine with that.

I'm capable of playing male and female characters and I do my best to try and keep all of them 'balanced'. I have a terrible knack of making them too stubborn so feel free to tell me if I make any of them seem unreasonable. I have a mixture of characters and I'm sure I can match them to your characters if we're looking to add a bit of romance.

Plot/genre-wise I like fantasy, romance (has to be mixed with something), realistic fiction, survival, etc. I'm not into fandom RPGs, FR RPGs, games, horror, etc. I don't mind dark plots though, I tend to make my characters suffer some way in every RPG I've been in soooo.... That doesn't mean I'm good at playing the villain tho.

Regarding plots, I can track down some plots I have somewhere, see if any interest you. Happy to mix them up or whatever too. Just let me know if you're interested although I'm sure you might be busy due to all the responses you've gotten from this thread.
@ShadowFlamel

A lot of these have (unfortunately) died off at some point, so my schedule's pretty free at this moment, ignoring school life.

I prefer to roleplay here to most other places (due to the lack of notifications in some, or character limits, like you mentioned), so if you're fine with the forums, then it's all good. ^^

I'm perfectly fine with odd disappearances- I'm prone to them myself, oops -and having a partner with a flexible writing length is always welcome. Unfortunately, a lot of my characters generally lean towards same-sex relationships (or no romance at all) so that might be a bit awkward, though I usually don't choose characters specifically to pair with the other, considering I'm not one to directly focus on romance at any point. ^^;

If you have any particular ideas for plots, I'd love to hear! As evidenced by the second post, I've practically got nothing.
@ShadowFlamel

A lot of these have (unfortunately) died off at some point, so my schedule's pretty free at this moment, ignoring school life.

I prefer to roleplay here to most other places (due to the lack of notifications in some, or character limits, like you mentioned), so if you're fine with the forums, then it's all good. ^^

I'm perfectly fine with odd disappearances- I'm prone to them myself, oops -and having a partner with a flexible writing length is always welcome. Unfortunately, a lot of my characters generally lean towards same-sex relationships (or no romance at all) so that might be a bit awkward, though I usually don't choose characters specifically to pair with the other, considering I'm not one to directly focus on romance at any point. ^^;

If you have any particular ideas for plots, I'd love to hear! As evidenced by the second post, I've practically got nothing.
gifmaker_org_kjrkoq_by_scryzzethekat-dchbjso.gifwebp_net_gifmaker__1__by_scryzzethekat-dchcigs.gifJPa8Sca.gifwebp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gifroleplay_icon_by_scryzzethekat-dchbjs9.gif
@Scryzze I'm not expecting romance to be the main focus of any RPG, I've always seen it as a side thing but it not the main idea of the established plot. Relationships can help the plot progress but they aren't needed to keep the story going. I'm perfectly fine with RPing here, FR's notification system works well. I'd be willing to see what comes of the romantic relationships aspect. Even if they are same-sex, I've just never played characters like that so you'll have to bear with me on that. I pulled up some plots but I can come up with more if need be. Also happy to mush plots together if you'd prefer that too. [quote name="This is War"] This world has been locked in a raging battle built on rivalry, jealousy, fear, pain, anger, greed, beliefs, and opinions. A major battle between numerous nations has reached its conclusion. The battlefield is littered with the fallen from all sides. Miraculously four survive. Their companies and fellow servicemen have left, on to other battles and glory. They are left stranded, their friends believing them dead. Winter is approaching, it's all the armies have been discussing. It takes food, shelter, and water to carry an army through the winter but how will you survive on your own? Are you going to band together with your enemy to survive the coming harsh conditions or will you risk going on your own? [/quote] [quote name="Sinn Fien"] Out of all the supernatural creatures thought possible, vampires are the real ones; they are cold blooded, sadistic monsters. They know no mercy, nor feelings. They are heartless brutes, only caring of their hunger and their coven. In this world, it is dog eat dog. Or human eat human, to be truthful. The vampires have shamelessly tainted some the human race with their disease, twisting the docile race into the hostile, only for their own advantage over the other humans. The humans that are left live anywhere from the alleys to the forest with the animals, waiting until the day they are shredded into a meal. There is one group, however, known as the Sinn Fein. No one is quite sure who they are or what they do or if they are even a group or even humans at that, but the name floats around through the humans, like their savior in the night. The Sinn Fein are no saints. On the contrary, they are killers; they survive by clearing out vampire covens, or contracts. To get the name and location of a potential contract, a subgroup sets off into the nearest city during the night, when the vampires are most active, so they can eavesdrop or snoop through empty houses for records. Over the years, the Sinn Fein has tried to find a cure for the vampirism, but it is tough with the majority of the world's population being vampires, so they only have a small lead. The Sinn Fein survives in a hideout, known as home, roughly eight miles north from the closest city; any other city is further than fifteen. Home is located in a forest that is swimming in heavy spanish moss, and constructed into the largest tree, an old, cabin like house is perched, though over the years, it has been overtaken by vines and spanish moss, blending it easily into the canopy of the forest. The only thing that keeps their home safe is the smell; rotting animal carcasses (though drained of blood) keep unwanted human visitors at bay, and vampires hate the smell of decomposed flesh. Sinn Fein is family; they only have themselves. Will they stay true to the end and find the cure, or will they fall to the vampires and become a meal? [/quote] [quote name="Wish Upon a Star"] When you wish upon a star it's actually a satellite. Your wish has now be recorded and documented. An agent is now assigned to your case. [/quote] [quote name="For the King/Queen"] [!] This one is heavily based on romance/relationships, I have played with it before and its been fun and has gotten lots of likes so I thought I'd include it for that reason. In a world where marriage proposals can precede births, and a claim to the throne can take you from zero to hero, finding the right man is paramount. For the young queen of Scotland, this has never been a problem, she’s been engaged to the Prince of France since she was 6 years old. It’s a perfect match or was when it was made. Both of their parents agreed it would be the marriage which joined the kingdoms together against any threat which came. It’s been 14 years since the agreement was made, and both Queen and Prince have grown into fine young people. But both of them have their own lives and loves and in order for the deal to go ahead, they both have to abandon their lives and learn to love each other. With unrest in Scotland, the Queen and her ladies have been sent to the French court to keep them safe, and to prepare for the wedding. She is a Queen; a title she’s had since she was 5 years old. He is the illegitimate son of a king and she is engaged to his half-brother. Since she first came to the court, it’s him she’s had a bond with, and now, seeing how handsome he’s grown in the last 14 years, she’s barely able to keep her thoughts on the wedding. However, it’s not his place to marry her. He has no lands, no titles and only lives a court because he is in favour with the king their marriage would ruin both of their lands. Her family is rich and she is a lady in waiting to the Queen of Scotland. He is the Prince and soon- when his sick father dies- he will be king. What she needs more than anything is a title, and being a queen would set her and her children up for life. What he needs is to get away from the life of court, to find out what sort of king he wants to be- but being the only heir, his mother has him wrapped up in cotton wool. She is the first person who has seen the true side of him. Recently returned from her own travels to stay with various relatives, she has returned without the fiancée she left with. Her reputation is ruined. Usually this wouldn't be a problem, but she is the princess of France, little sister to a future king. He is little more than a servant, the prince's manservant, but a servant nonetheless. He has nothing other than his looks, wit and charm and more than that, being with her could have him tried for treason or banished. But she is young and love comes easily to those naive enough to believe in it. [/quote] [quote name="Opposites Attract"] [!] Another romance one but since it's with Angles/Demons I'm sure there will be tons of drama/fighting. There are four worlds that exist both in correlation and in separation of one another. Earth is home to the mortals who live their lives, oblivious to the other three remaining communities. They live and die, They're young and then they're old, their breaths are measurable unlike their counterparts. The Angels, Demons, and Archangels make up the remaining three worlds, each a separate model than the other. The angels stand for what is good and just. They seek to right the wrongs and prevent destruction towards the human world. They perform 'miracles' that the human eye is not able to see and process, thus forming the concept of miricales. The Demons are the Angels' counterpart. This species is driven towards destrucion, pain, anger, and sorrow. They hurt others because it's fun and pain hardly fazes them due to their mindset. They are ruled over by Satan and his small council. Demons tend to think and act irrationally. Only a few have the ability to control themselves to a certain degree, making them more deadly than a simple rampaging creature. The Archangels fall in between the three other worlds. They are neither human, angel, nor demon. Some consider them a mixture of all three. Many view them as a mixture of angel and demon. To this day they remain the outcasts, too evil and unloving to be an angel but also not cruel enough to be with the demons. This leaves them to wander aimlessly, finding pleasure in odd hobbies. They are usually alone but occasional a small group of them will travel together. Our story begins with a relationship doomed from the first promise. Two young angels made a promise to one another that they would someday marry the other if they hadn't already found someone by a certain age. Although they were young and naive then these words were shared the boy took the promise to heart. Now that both of them are older and approaching the promised age, he's tended his affection for the girl over the years. This affection has it's dark roots though. To prevent this girl from ever being able to settle down he's taken it upon himself to ensure that she never has a serious relationship. She remembers the promise they had made. But they had been children when those words had been spoken. They're still friends, she supposed. She knew of his affections for her but had expressed to him on multiple occasions that the promise had only been child's play. Not able to return his affections she continues to live her life. Occasionally retreating to Earth to mingle among the humans. No matter who she finds, human or angel, nothing ever lasts. She has no reason to suspect her childhood friend and current admirer. One day she meets a man and for the first time in a while she's able to enjoy herself. Their meeting had been accidental, but that's a story for another time. [/quote]
@Scryzze I'm not expecting romance to be the main focus of any RPG, I've always seen it as a side thing but it not the main idea of the established plot. Relationships can help the plot progress but they aren't needed to keep the story going. I'm perfectly fine with RPing here, FR's notification system works well.

I'd be willing to see what comes of the romantic relationships aspect. Even if they are same-sex, I've just never played characters like that so you'll have to bear with me on that.

I pulled up some plots but I can come up with more if need be. Also happy to mush plots together if you'd prefer that too.

This is War wrote:
This world has been locked in a raging battle built on rivalry, jealousy, fear, pain, anger, greed, beliefs, and opinions. A major battle between numerous nations has reached its conclusion. The battlefield is littered with the fallen from all sides. Miraculously four survive. Their companies and fellow servicemen have left, on to other battles and glory. They are left stranded, their friends believing them dead. Winter is approaching, it's all the armies have been discussing. It takes food, shelter, and water to carry an army through the winter but how will you survive on your own? Are you going to band together with your enemy to survive the coming harsh conditions or will you risk going on your own?
Sinn Fien wrote:
Out of all the supernatural creatures thought possible, vampires are the real ones; they are cold blooded, sadistic monsters. They know no mercy, nor feelings. They are heartless brutes, only caring of their hunger and their coven. In this world, it is dog eat dog. Or human eat human, to be truthful. The vampires have shamelessly tainted some the human race with their disease, twisting the docile race into the hostile, only for their own advantage over the other humans. The humans that are left live anywhere from the alleys to the forest with the animals, waiting until the day they are shredded into a meal. There is one group, however, known as the Sinn Fein. No one is quite sure who they are or what they do or if they are even a group or even humans at that, but the name floats around through the humans, like their savior in the night. The Sinn Fein are no saints. On the contrary, they are killers; they survive by clearing out vampire covens, or contracts. To get the name and location of a potential contract, a subgroup sets off into the nearest city during the night, when the vampires are most active, so they can eavesdrop or snoop through empty houses for records. Over the years, the Sinn Fein has tried to find a cure for the vampirism, but it is tough with the majority of the world's population being vampires, so they only have a small lead.

The Sinn Fein survives in a hideout, known as home, roughly eight miles north from the closest city; any other city is further than fifteen. Home is located in a forest that is swimming in heavy spanish moss, and constructed into the largest tree, an old, cabin like house is perched, though over the years, it has been overtaken by vines and spanish moss, blending it easily into the canopy of the forest. The only thing that keeps their home safe is the smell; rotting animal carcasses (though drained of blood) keep unwanted human visitors at bay, and vampires hate the smell of decomposed flesh.

Sinn Fein is family; they only have themselves. Will they stay true to the end and find the cure, or will they fall to the vampires and become a meal?
Wish Upon a Star wrote:
When you wish upon a star it's actually a satellite. Your wish has now be recorded and documented. An agent is now assigned to your case.
For the King/Queen wrote:
[!] This one is heavily based on romance/relationships, I have played with it before and its been fun and has gotten lots of likes so I thought I'd include it for that reason.

In a world where marriage proposals can precede births, and a claim to the throne can take you from zero to hero, finding the right man is paramount. For the young queen of Scotland, this has never been a problem, she’s been engaged to the Prince of France since she was 6 years old. It’s a perfect match or was when it was made. Both of their parents agreed it would be the marriage which joined the kingdoms together against any threat which came.

It’s been 14 years since the agreement was made, and both Queen and Prince have grown into fine young people. But both of them have their own lives and loves and in order for the deal to go ahead, they both have to abandon their lives and learn to love each other. With unrest in Scotland, the Queen and her ladies have been sent to the French court to keep them safe, and to prepare for the wedding.

She is a Queen; a title she’s had since she was 5 years old. He is the illegitimate son of a king and she is engaged to his half-brother. Since she first came to the court, it’s him she’s had a bond with, and now, seeing how handsome he’s grown in the last 14 years, she’s barely able to keep her thoughts on the wedding. However, it’s not his place to marry her. He has no lands, no titles and only lives a court because he is in favour with the king their marriage would ruin both of their lands.

Her family is rich and she is a lady in waiting to the Queen of Scotland. He is the Prince and soon- when his sick father dies- he will be king. What she needs more than anything is a title, and being a queen would set her and her children up for life. What he needs is to get away from the life of court, to find out what sort of king he wants to be- but being the only heir, his mother has him wrapped up in cotton wool. She is the first person who has seen the true side of him.

Recently returned from her own travels to stay with various relatives, she has returned without the fiancée she left with. Her reputation is ruined. Usually this wouldn't be a problem, but she is the princess of France, little sister to a future king. He is little more than a servant, the prince's manservant, but a servant nonetheless. He has nothing other than his looks, wit and charm and more than that, being with her could have him tried for treason or banished. But she is young and love comes easily to those naive enough to believe in it.
Opposites Attract wrote:
[!] Another romance one but since it's with Angles/Demons I'm sure there will be tons of drama/fighting.

There are four worlds that exist both in correlation and in separation of one another. Earth is home to the mortals who live their lives, oblivious to the other three remaining communities. They live and die, They're young and then they're old, their breaths are measurable unlike their counterparts. The Angels, Demons, and Archangels make up the remaining three worlds, each a separate model than the other. The angels stand for what is good and just. They seek to right the wrongs and prevent destruction towards the human world. They perform 'miracles' that the human eye is not able to see and process, thus forming the concept of miricales. The Demons are the Angels' counterpart. This species is driven towards destrucion, pain, anger, and sorrow. They hurt others because it's fun and pain hardly fazes them due to their mindset. They are ruled over by Satan and his small council. Demons tend to think and act irrationally. Only a few have the ability to control themselves to a certain degree, making them more deadly than a simple rampaging creature. The Archangels fall in between the three other worlds. They are neither human, angel, nor demon. Some consider them a mixture of all three. Many view them as a mixture of angel and demon. To this day they remain the outcasts, too evil and unloving to be an angel but also not cruel enough to be with the demons. This leaves them to wander aimlessly, finding pleasure in odd hobbies. They are usually alone but occasional a small group of them will travel together.

Our story begins with a relationship doomed from the first promise. Two young angels made a promise to one another that they would someday marry the other if they hadn't already found someone by a certain age. Although they were young and naive then these words were shared the boy took the promise to heart. Now that both of them are older and approaching the promised age, he's tended his affection for the girl over the years. This affection has it's dark roots though. To prevent this girl from ever being able to settle down he's taken it upon himself to ensure that she never has a serious relationship.

She remembers the promise they had made. But they had been children when those words had been spoken. They're still friends, she supposed. She knew of his affections for her but had expressed to him on multiple occasions that the promise had only been child's play. Not able to return his affections she continues to live her life. Occasionally retreating to Earth to mingle among the humans. No matter who she finds, human or angel, nothing ever lasts. She has no reason to suspect her childhood friend and current admirer. One day she meets a man and for the first time in a while she's able to enjoy herself. Their meeting had been accidental, but that's a story for another time.
@ShadowFlamel
I admittedly don't find much inspiration in any of them, and though maybe we could take a concept and change some details, I'd rather not take the chance of being bored with them and have to pass. ^^;
@ShadowFlamel
I admittedly don't find much inspiration in any of them, and though maybe we could take a concept and change some details, I'd rather not take the chance of being bored with them and have to pass. ^^;
@Scryzze
Hello! I'm not exactly certain how I should go about introducing myself, but I'll give it a shot.

I've been writing for a bit, but don't consider myself to be the best. I hope to improve (and maybe publish a book one day) and I feel as though the quality and length of the writing depends on my interest in what I'm writing about. Mostly I like to describe things, but I find myself hesitant to add/describe when the RP is based in a world I didn't create-if that makes any sense. It might be due to the fact that I'm relatively new to RPs and worry that I might upset my partner.

In my past experience of RPs, I reply faster when first starting, and then as it goes on, I start dropping off for a while and then appearing for a few more quick posts. But I really haven't done that many RPs. I think it might depend on my interest in the story that's being told, which makes sense.

I don't really have any pre-made RP characters, and I might just prefer to make new ones to fit the story that's being told than toss in my best fit.

I'm interested in fantasy/adventure though I like a bit of mystery/horror mixed in as well. Demons and spirit-like creatures are the kind of beings I like to have in the stories, and I've found myself liking darker aesthetics, like nighttime in mysterious forests sort of things. I'm not interested in romance, or anything relating.

I wouldn't mind trying to come up with a world and figure out the details with you (And perhaps find a way to avoid me feeling so hesitant to add and describe things new).
I'm not certain how things will turn out- if I'd end up losing interest. But I wanted to at least try and stretch myself a bit.

(Oh right- my normal replies are at least the length of the larger paragraphs in this post. Depending on my interest and what I have to say, they can be longer. Though I don't think I've ever dropped a gigantic post on people)

Feel free to ask me about anything I might have forgotten here!
@Scryzze
Hello! I'm not exactly certain how I should go about introducing myself, but I'll give it a shot.

I've been writing for a bit, but don't consider myself to be the best. I hope to improve (and maybe publish a book one day) and I feel as though the quality and length of the writing depends on my interest in what I'm writing about. Mostly I like to describe things, but I find myself hesitant to add/describe when the RP is based in a world I didn't create-if that makes any sense. It might be due to the fact that I'm relatively new to RPs and worry that I might upset my partner.

In my past experience of RPs, I reply faster when first starting, and then as it goes on, I start dropping off for a while and then appearing for a few more quick posts. But I really haven't done that many RPs. I think it might depend on my interest in the story that's being told, which makes sense.

I don't really have any pre-made RP characters, and I might just prefer to make new ones to fit the story that's being told than toss in my best fit.

I'm interested in fantasy/adventure though I like a bit of mystery/horror mixed in as well. Demons and spirit-like creatures are the kind of beings I like to have in the stories, and I've found myself liking darker aesthetics, like nighttime in mysterious forests sort of things. I'm not interested in romance, or anything relating.

I wouldn't mind trying to come up with a world and figure out the details with you (And perhaps find a way to avoid me feeling so hesitant to add and describe things new).
I'm not certain how things will turn out- if I'd end up losing interest. But I wanted to at least try and stretch myself a bit.

(Oh right- my normal replies are at least the length of the larger paragraphs in this post. Depending on my interest and what I have to say, they can be longer. Though I don't think I've ever dropped a gigantic post on people)

Feel free to ask me about anything I might have forgotten here!
Dragons for sale here!
If a leaf blows into your face on a sunny day, it may be good luck, but don't look too close, it may have a bug on it.
Q5eZhV2.png
@GuardianDragonak
I personally am only coming back to writing myself, so even though I usually write at least a page per post, something shorter to start off with might be for the best. ^^ I totally understand being hesitant about adding details for a world that isn't your own; it's why I prefer original worlds over fandom ones.

The first few posts haven't been updated in... months, but it's still roughly the same. I'm perfectly down for some demons/spirits and such if that's what you desire.
And no worries about losing interest, it's entirely possible I may as well due to an episode but I'll probably enjoy it to the last moment.

Did you have any particular concepts of interest you wanted to throw my way or are we staring with a completely blank slate?
@GuardianDragonak
I personally am only coming back to writing myself, so even though I usually write at least a page per post, something shorter to start off with might be for the best. ^^ I totally understand being hesitant about adding details for a world that isn't your own; it's why I prefer original worlds over fandom ones.

The first few posts haven't been updated in... months, but it's still roughly the same. I'm perfectly down for some demons/spirits and such if that's what you desire.
And no worries about losing interest, it's entirely possible I may as well due to an episode but I'll probably enjoy it to the last moment.

Did you have any particular concepts of interest you wanted to throw my way or are we staring with a completely blank slate?
@Scryzze
Well... after reading your post, I got to thinking about a story about light bearers responsible for guiding or bringing comfort to ghosts and such in a cursed forest. I'm not exactly certain where it would go from there, perhaps they would figure out a way to break the curse? Obviously not a fully formed idea, though I have a few tidbits that are a bit more formed and I'm happy to work on the details on my own or with you- unless you'd like another story instead!
@Scryzze
Well... after reading your post, I got to thinking about a story about light bearers responsible for guiding or bringing comfort to ghosts and such in a cursed forest. I'm not exactly certain where it would go from there, perhaps they would figure out a way to break the curse? Obviously not a fully formed idea, though I have a few tidbits that are a bit more formed and I'm happy to work on the details on my own or with you- unless you'd like another story instead!
Dragons for sale here!
If a leaf blows into your face on a sunny day, it may be good luck, but don't look too close, it may have a bug on it.
Q5eZhV2.png
@GuardianDragonak
I can definitely work with that premise :D Perhaps the dead are drawn to the forest and the curse prevents them from moving on/corrupts them into monsters or something, which is why the light bearers need to help them along.
And perhaps the curse changes over time or something, or there's a sudden shift in the forest, or something major along those lines for the characters to discover and learn how to either fix/adapt/remove the curse due to this changes?
@GuardianDragonak
I can definitely work with that premise :D Perhaps the dead are drawn to the forest and the curse prevents them from moving on/corrupts them into monsters or something, which is why the light bearers need to help them along.
And perhaps the curse changes over time or something, or there's a sudden shift in the forest, or something major along those lines for the characters to discover and learn how to either fix/adapt/remove the curse due to this changes?
@Scryzze
Hmmm...yeah! Perhaps the curse corrupts the lost souls and turns them in to ghouls or cursed demons and the light bearers hold lanterns or candles to try and keep the souls from transforming. Then maybe something starts killing the light bearers, or corrupting them as well and the survivors are forced to find shelter while they find out what's hunting them. And maybe there are old ruins that hold clues to what happened/is happening?
@Scryzze
Hmmm...yeah! Perhaps the curse corrupts the lost souls and turns them in to ghouls or cursed demons and the light bearers hold lanterns or candles to try and keep the souls from transforming. Then maybe something starts killing the light bearers, or corrupting them as well and the survivors are forced to find shelter while they find out what's hunting them. And maybe there are old ruins that hold clues to what happened/is happening?
Dragons for sale here!
Q5eZhV2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8