Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Become a Pirate Today! Closed [5/5]
1 2 3
@Boborc

You’re okay. It’s quite a common mistake along most people. Also thank you!
@Boborc

You’re okay. It’s quite a common mistake along most people. Also thank you!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37151899] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/371519/37151899_350.png[/img] [/url] Alecor had found a paper that had been thrown by the wind to his feet basically. He never saw himself as a "first mate" or whatever but he would try. He couldn't guarantee they'd take a fire dragon especially one with little experience in leading and everything else but he would give it a try. He grabs his pearl and starts to follow the instructions to the rendezvous point. "Rotting plank?" Heasks himself. Hmm... didn't sound pleasant but never hurt to ask about employment. He wasn't sure what or who he would meet but time will tell... hopefully none find him as weak or anything being a pearlcatcher. One way to discover what this was about though.. to the Rotting plank.

37151899_350.png

Alecor had found a paper that had been thrown by the wind to his feet basically. He never saw himself as a "first mate" or whatever but he would try. He couldn't guarantee they'd take a fire dragon especially one with little experience in leading and everything else but he would give it a try. He grabs his pearl and starts to follow the instructions to the rendezvous point. "Rotting plank?" Heasks himself. Hmm... didn't sound pleasant but never hurt to ask about employment.

He wasn't sure what or who he would meet but time will tell... hopefully none find him as weak or anything being a pearlcatcher. One way to discover what this was about though.. to the Rotting plank.
@Boborc Josh basked in the sun while simply relaxing in the one of the pools of the Tsunami Flats. The sun was only blinding and the rapid waves of the deeper waters below her filled her ears. They were significantly satisfying to her. Her feathers and fur absorbed the heat of the sun, leaving her unbothered. The fresh (salt?)water gave off a pleasing scent. Nothing surprising really happened on her side. That is until she felt something wrap around her leg. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/123435/12343464_350.png[/img] Apparently, a piece of paper was quickly and smoothly flowing around the pool Josh was in. It was all weak and fragile, due to the water. It was quite suprising it wasn’t completely ripped apart although. Out of wondering about the pure possibilities of what it could be, she picked it up. The words were worn out, but still readable. She looked over it narrowly and closely. Adventure? Slightly interesting. Boats? Cool! Carpenting? Sounds fun! High Seas? [u]...She needed to be there.[/u] (Okay, done with that.)
@Boborc

Josh basked in the sun while simply relaxing in the one of the pools of the Tsunami Flats. The sun was only blinding and the rapid waves of the deeper waters below her filled her ears. They were significantly satisfying to her.

Her feathers and fur absorbed the heat of the sun, leaving her unbothered. The fresh (salt?)water gave off a pleasing scent. Nothing surprising really happened on her side. That is until she felt something wrap around her leg.

12343464_350.png

Apparently, a piece of paper was quickly and smoothly flowing around the pool Josh was in. It was all weak and fragile, due to the water. It was quite suprising it wasn’t completely ripped apart although. Out of wondering about the pure possibilities of what it could be, she picked it up. The words were worn out, but still readable. She looked over it narrowly and closely.

Adventure? Slightly interesting.

Boats? Cool!

Carpenting? Sounds fun!

High Seas?
...She needed to be there.

(Okay, done with that.)
@Katabat @MsDia @Meias @Joshdaawsome @Eaglerider [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=446505] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4466/446505_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Sitting in a booth at the back of the Rotting Plank gave Saphen a view of the entire tavern. It was crowded tonight— filled with vagabonds and trouble causers that were allowed in no finer establishment while on land. The floor was already covered in a thick layer of thrown-out food and spilled alcohol. It reeked and the noise from various conversations was so loud Saphen could not hear himself think. Saphen felt at home. Keeping one eye on the door, Saphen glanced down at the papers in front of him again. They were all notes he had taken on candidates for the unnamed positions. They consisted of mostly desperate dragons, or sailors who had been disgraced. If the worst came to worst, he could make them fill in the named positions. But that would be risky at best. No dragon knew how to be a doctor better than a doctor, and so forth. Saphen hoped more dragons would come in and apply. He didn’t want to see the result of telling talented dragons they did not get the job because they “didn’t feel right”. Just then, his eye caught movement at the door. Five dragons walked in— all of different sizes and shapes. They seemed to be looking for something, or maybe someone, and Saphen’s heart raced. He reached up and adjusted the cheap tie he wore around his neck. As the dragons approached his booth, he smiled. “Hello! Hello! You are all here to apply for a job, yes? Sit down,” Saphen patted the booth beside himself, “We’ll conduct the interview now. You all can work together if you’d like. Alright! Now, tell me what position you are applying to and why.”
@Katabat @MsDia @Meias @Joshdaawsome @Eaglerider

Sitting in a booth at the back of the Rotting Plank gave Saphen a view of the entire tavern. It was crowded tonight— filled with vagabonds and trouble causers that were allowed in no finer establishment while on land. The floor was already covered in a thick layer of thrown-out food and spilled alcohol. It reeked and the noise from various conversations was so loud Saphen could not hear himself think. Saphen felt at home. Keeping one eye on the door, Saphen glanced down at the papers in front of him again. They were all notes he had taken on candidates for the unnamed positions. They consisted of mostly desperate dragons, or sailors who had been disgraced. If the worst came to worst, he could make them fill in the named positions. But that would be risky at best. No dragon knew how to be a doctor better than a doctor, and so forth.

Saphen hoped more dragons would come in and apply. He didn’t want to see the result of telling talented dragons they did not get the job because they “didn’t feel right”. Just then, his eye caught movement at the door. Five dragons walked in— all of different sizes and shapes. They seemed to be looking for something, or maybe someone, and Saphen’s heart raced. He reached up and adjusted the cheap tie he wore around his neck. As the dragons approached his booth, he smiled.

“Hello! Hello! You are all here to apply for a job, yes? Sit down,” Saphen patted the booth beside himself, “We’ll conduct the interview now. You all can work together if you’d like. Alright! Now, tell me what position you are applying to and why.”
Boborc | He/They | FR+3
:3 feel free to message me, I don’t bite!
@Boborc @Eaglerider @Katabat @Meias @MsDia [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/123435/12343464_350.png[/img] Josh walked in the Rotting Plank, very internally eager to do this pirate thingamajig. She walked towards the booth, fixing her apparel and standing/walking in a good posture, trying to look nice. Josh’s heart also raced, nervous about taking with Saphen. She took a large amount of breath and looked at him calmly. Josh sat in the booth Saphen was patting. She slightly nervously said, “Uh... Sup. Um... I’m here for this job thing, because One, I’m kinda antisocial and I’m looking to try to actually socialize with people. Two, I like carpenting. It’s always been one of my things, considering I am quite an artist. And three, I like water. Like, a lot. A lot lot. There ya go.”
@Boborc @Eaglerider @Katabat @Meias @MsDia

12343464_350.png

Josh walked in the Rotting Plank, very internally eager to do this pirate thingamajig. She walked towards the booth, fixing her apparel and standing/walking in a good posture, trying to look nice. Josh’s heart also raced, nervous about taking with Saphen.

She took a large amount of breath and looked at him calmly. Josh sat in the booth Saphen was patting. She slightly nervously said, “Uh... Sup. Um... I’m here for this job thing, because One, I’m kinda antisocial and I’m looking to try to actually socialize with people. Two, I like carpenting. It’s always been one of my things, considering I am quite an artist. And three, I like water. Like, a lot. A lot lot. There ya go.”
@Boborc @Eaglerider @Meias @MsDia @Joshdaawsome [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25565924] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255660/25565924_350.png[/img] [/url] Laleani arrived at the specified location, the “Rotting Plank”, and immediately detected the scents of food and alcohol, along with many other dragons. She entered, undeterred, and approached the booth were she believed the dragon Saphen to be. There was already one dragon there, a sea-blue Coatl that smelled of the ocean. Laleani approached and presented the flier she had been given to her by her students and cleared her throat. “Hello, I presume you are Saphen? My name is Laleani, Professor of Navigation at the Wanderlust Academy for Adventure and Unexpected Journeys. I am here to apply for the position of Navigator.” She removed her flight googles from around her eyes and smiled. “I am also the Head of House Pathfinder at the Academy, and my spirit of adventure is far from quiet. I am hoping to join you on this expedition in order to further expand my experience.”
@Boborc @Eaglerider @Meias @MsDia @Joshdaawsome

25565924_350.png

Laleani arrived at the specified location, the “Rotting Plank”, and immediately detected the scents of food and alcohol, along with many other dragons. She entered, undeterred, and approached the booth were she believed the dragon Saphen to be. There was already one dragon there, a sea-blue Coatl that smelled of the ocean.

Laleani approached and presented the flier she had been given to her by her students and cleared her throat.

“Hello, I presume you are Saphen? My name is Laleani, Professor of Navigation at the Wanderlust Academy for Adventure and Unexpected Journeys. I am here to apply for the position of Navigator.” She removed her flight googles from around her eyes and smiled. “I am also the Head of House Pathfinder at the Academy, and my spirit of adventure is far from quiet. I am hoping to join you on this expedition in order to further expand my experience.”
@boborc @katabat @meias @msdia @joshdaawsome [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37151899] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/371519/37151899_350.png[/img] [/url] Alecor looked around the tavern. It was... rough... to say the least. He saw a coatl and pearlcatcher approach a mirror dragon. Was that the right dragon? He walks over and heard about a possible interview . It would seen he was in the right location... but he's been wrong before. "Are you the owner of the flier?" He asks Saphen. "I am Alecor. And although I have little experience exploring i believe i can help. My father in Ashfall wastes has a library i studied from. I knoe this may sound like a rookie making a mistake but i am willing to learn what it takes to be first mate." He says. He being honest and hoping his education may prove valuable.
@boborc @katabat @meias @msdia @joshdaawsome

37151899_350.png

Alecor looked around the tavern. It was... rough... to say the least. He saw a coatl and pearlcatcher approach a mirror dragon. Was that the right dragon? He walks over and heard about a possible interview . It would seen he was in the right location... but he's been wrong before.

"Are you the owner of the flier?" He asks Saphen. "I am Alecor. And although I have little experience exploring i believe i can help. My father in Ashfall wastes has a library i studied from. I knoe this may sound like a rookie making a mistake but i am willing to learn what it takes to be first mate." He says. He being honest and hoping his education may prove valuable.
@Boborc @Eaglerider @Katabat @MsDia @Joshdaawsome [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42601643] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=42601643&skin=0&apparel=4320,25051,25183,24743,26141,23136,546,11509,10373,2463,317,323,311,23037&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] After slowly entering the specified place, the water-tainted dragon allowed his eyes to scan the room. He found patrons supporting themselves on the main bar's table, as well as a couple chairs that were thrown aside upside down -probably from one of the usual fights that happened on this kind of place. A couple of dragons were singing happily, others menacingly sharpened their weapons while glaring at each newcomer. There was chatter, glasses clunking, music from the main stall. It was a really busy place. Maybe a bit too much so. Honestly, besides that they had to meet at the Rooting Plank, he just noticed there were little to no other instructions of what to do next. Who was he looking for? Where exactly would they meet? He felt a bit lost, until he grabbed the paper again. "SAPHEN" it said, and well, that was something he could use. It sounded strong, mysterious. Now he just had to find someone that matched it. His eyes scanner the room, looking for imperials and guardians; but failed at doing so, none of the present seemed to be in charge- or even interested in- of creating a crew. Until, and finally, his eyes laid on what seemed a rather hasty mirror. A young dragon, with many sheets in front of him, and that had attracted the attention of some other individuals. Could that be him? He doubted, but joined the gathering anyway, in silence. To his surprise, however, that mirror [i]did[/i] seem to be the mentioned Saphen, as he asked each of those present to sit down and introduce themselves. The guardian stayed quiet, listening to the coatl and pearcatchers that talked first, letting first impressions talk for themselves. "I'm Gaius, 'vbeen a doc for some years." He finally said, shifting a bit on his seat to be more comfortable." Took a break to take it easy, but found this idea of yours quite amusing." He said simply, shrugging it off, just before eyeing for a second the bright-coloured pearlcatcher that had been slightly too formal.
@Boborc @Eaglerider @Katabat @MsDia @Joshdaawsome

dragon?did=42601643&skin=0&apparel=4320,25051,25183,24743,26141,23136,546,11509,10373,2463,317,323,311,23037&xt=dressing.png

After slowly entering the specified place, the water-tainted dragon allowed his eyes to scan the room. He found patrons supporting themselves on the main bar's table, as well as a couple chairs that were thrown aside upside down -probably from one of the usual fights that happened on this kind of place. A couple of dragons were singing happily, others menacingly sharpened their weapons while glaring at each newcomer. There was chatter, glasses clunking, music from the main stall.

It was a really busy place. Maybe a bit too much so.

Honestly, besides that they had to meet at the Rooting Plank, he just noticed there were little to no other instructions of what to do next. Who was he looking for? Where exactly would they meet? He felt a bit lost, until he grabbed the paper again. "SAPHEN" it said, and well, that was something he could use. It sounded strong, mysterious. Now he just had to find someone that matched it.

His eyes scanner the room, looking for imperials and guardians; but failed at doing so, none of the present seemed to be in charge- or even interested in- of creating a crew. Until, and finally, his eyes laid on what seemed a rather hasty mirror. A young dragon, with many sheets in front of him, and that had attracted the attention of some other individuals. Could that be him? He doubted, but joined the gathering anyway, in silence.

To his surprise, however, that mirror did seem to be the mentioned Saphen, as he asked each of those present to sit down and introduce themselves. The guardian stayed quiet, listening to the coatl and pearcatchers that talked first, letting first impressions talk for themselves. "I'm Gaius, 'vbeen a doc for some years." He finally said, shifting a bit on his seat to be more comfortable." Took a break to take it easy, but found this idea of yours quite amusing." He said simply, shrugging it off, just before eyeing for a second the bright-coloured pearlcatcher that had been slightly too formal.
mini.png
> Meias <
she | her

The old Anchorage
A Water & Wind Clan
100.png
1 2 3