Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Discovery (private)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 5810 5811
"Uh, valerian, or chamomile, or maybe even lavender, but I'm pretty sure we're too far North for that." Sean figured that even if Oliver was crazy, he did live in the forest, and would still probably know his way around the forest.
"Uh, valerian, or chamomile, or maybe even lavender, but I'm pretty sure we're too far North for that." Sean figured that even if Oliver was crazy, he did live in the forest, and would still probably know his way around the forest.
"Hm." Oliver walked around, in a small circle as he thought about it. He knew chamomile grew around his house, but that was the direction he didn't want Sean to go. Which would've been fine, except he didn't know where the other two grew in such a short distance. "Okay. This way." He began, reluctantly, walking towards his house. Hoping that Sean wouldn't be looking up at the trees.
"Hm." Oliver walked around, in a small circle as he thought about it. He knew chamomile grew around his house, but that was the direction he didn't want Sean to go. Which would've been fine, except he didn't know where the other two grew in such a short distance. "Okay. This way." He began, reluctantly, walking towards his house. Hoping that Sean wouldn't be looking up at the trees.
Sean followed along obediently. "Why do you live in the forest? Haven't you ever been outside, in a normal village?" Of course not, if he had, he'd know about Lord Breech owning the land. "Were you born here?"
Sean followed along obediently. "Why do you live in the forest? Haven't you ever been outside, in a normal village?" Of course not, if he had, he'd know about Lord Breech owning the land. "Were you born here?"
Oliver considered the thought. He couldn't say that he wasn't a human. "Because villages are filled with humans." Wrong word. "People. They're annoying and ask a lot of questions. But, yes, I was born here."
Oliver considered the thought. He couldn't say that he wasn't a human. "Because villages are filled with humans." Wrong word. "People. They're annoying and ask a lot of questions. But, yes, I was born here."
Sean stopped following. Did he just say "humans"? No, it must have been a mistake. He's clearly human. Sean tried to comfort himself with this thought, after all, Oliver looked like a human, not like the mythical beings of yore. Still, he was a bit more uneasy around the forest dweller.
Sean stopped following. Did he just say "humans"? No, it must have been a mistake. He's clearly human. Sean tried to comfort himself with this thought, after all, Oliver looked like a human, not like the mythical beings of yore. Still, he was a bit more uneasy around the forest dweller.
Oliver kept walking, not noticing that Sean had stopped. "Here you go. This is chamomile." He picked a few of the flowers calmly, spinning around to realise Sean wasn't there. "Hey. Why'd you stop walking?"
Oliver kept walking, not noticing that Sean had stopped. "Here you go. This is chamomile." He picked a few of the flowers calmly, spinning around to realise Sean wasn't there. "Hey. Why'd you stop walking?"
Sean kept his distance, wary of his most-likely-a-human companion. "Uh, well.... Can I ask you something. Now, I know this is going to sound completely nuts, but, um, you are a human, aren't you?" Sean expect Oliver to laugh in his face and call him crazy. Stupid. Of course he's human. What else would he be, an elf?
Sean kept his distance, wary of his most-likely-a-human companion. "Uh, well.... Can I ask you something. Now, I know this is going to sound completely nuts, but, um, you are a human, aren't you?" Sean expect Oliver to laugh in his face and call him crazy. Stupid. Of course he's human. What else would he be, an elf?
Oliver thought about it like it was an extremely difficult question. "I can't believe you thought I was crazy and yet you'll ask a question like that." His tone sounded hurt, like he was upset Sean had thought such a thing. He decided offence was the best way of masking the surprise that he'd figured it out.
Oliver thought about it like it was an extremely difficult question. "I can't believe you thought I was crazy and yet you'll ask a question like that." His tone sounded hurt, like he was upset Sean had thought such a thing. He decided offence was the best way of masking the surprise that he'd figured it out.
Sean quickly dismissed the thought. Of course Oliver is human, what a stupid question. He chuckled and waved a hand dismissively. "Hey, I never claimed to be sane myself."
Sean quickly dismissed the thought. Of course Oliver is human, what a stupid question. He chuckled and waved a hand dismissively. "Hey, I never claimed to be sane myself."
I can't believe that worked, Oliver thought to himself. "I can tell you aren't," he replied calmly, walking back over with the flowers held tightly in his hands. The quicker they moved away from home, the better. He didn't want Sean to see it; the complications from people knowing their existence would be catastrophic.
I can't believe that worked, Oliver thought to himself. "I can tell you aren't," he replied calmly, walking back over with the flowers held tightly in his hands. The quicker they moved away from home, the better. He didn't want Sean to see it; the complications from people knowing their existence would be catastrophic.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 5810 5811