Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eightleaf Town - RP Community Signups
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
@KittyDoctor

Okay! Looks like Creek is good to go, then! Enjoy! ^_^ I'll get a topic going at some point for actual rping in, so hang tight! But you can do other things in the meantime. It might not be up until tomorrow sometime.
@KittyDoctor

Okay! Looks like Creek is good to go, then! Enjoy! ^_^ I'll get a topic going at some point for actual rping in, so hang tight! But you can do other things in the meantime. It might not be up until tomorrow sometime.
@GenesisReborn @akrimau @SkullLotus

The medical worker, Creek, has been added to the Eightleaf Town denizen directory!

The medical worker, Creek, has been added to the Eightleaf Town denizen directory!
@Cryoluxa Hello! I'd like to join in on this if it's still open :3 [b]Dragon:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35741310] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/357414/35741310_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Name:[/b] Relic [b]Age:[/b] Young adult (maybe around 25) [b]Residence:[/b] N/A [b]Role:[/b] A wanderer/loner. Formerly a scribe and archivist. [b]Personality:[/b] Skittish, paranoid, timid. Although Relic is a friendly dragon with a good heart, she is extremely skittish and easily frightened. She rarely ever gives her trust to anyone, as she sees everyone as a possible threat. She doesn't exactly enjoy being alone, but she also gets nervous in large groups. She typically keeps to herself due to her hesitance to trust anyone. [b]Backstory:[/b] Relic grew up as an archivist and scribe for a small Clan of wandering dragons. She lived in peace for most of her early life, until she was falsely accused of murdering one of her clanmates. With no proof of her innocence, it was her word against a supposedly noble warrior's, and Relic was imprisoned in the clan's dungeon. She was left alone for several years, the only company being the torment of the dragon who had convinced the rest of the clan that she was a murderer. She eventually escaped, abandoning her clan and choosing a new life as a wandering loner. [b]Special notes:[/b] - She hates being touched in any way, including affectionate gestures like twining tails. - She tends to avoid Imperial dragons, as her former clanmate who betrayed and imprisoned her was an Imperial. [b]Player Type:[/b] Quester (( Also, how many dragons are we allowed to have? I'd like to add a second one later on if possible. ))
@Cryoluxa

Hello! I'd like to join in on this if it's still open :3

Dragon:

35741310_350.png

Name: Relic
Residence: N/A
Role: A wanderer/loner. Formerly a scribe and archivist.
Personality: Skittish, paranoid, timid. Although Relic is a friendly dragon with a good heart, she is extremely skittish and easily frightened. She rarely ever gives her trust to anyone, as she sees everyone as a possible threat. She doesn't exactly enjoy being alone, but she also gets nervous in large groups. She typically keeps to herself due to her hesitance to trust anyone.
Backstory: Relic grew up as an archivist and scribe for a small Clan of wandering dragons. She lived in peace for most of her early life, until she was falsely accused of murdering one of her clanmates. With no proof of her innocence, it was her word against a supposedly noble warrior's, and Relic was imprisoned in the clan's dungeon. She was left alone for several years, the only company being the torment of the dragon who had convinced the rest of the clan that she was a murderer. She eventually escaped, abandoning her clan and choosing a new life as a wandering loner.
Special notes:
- She hates being touched in any way, including affectionate gestures like twining tails.
- She tends to avoid Imperial dragons, as her former clanmate who betrayed and imprisoned her was an Imperial.
Player Type: Quester

(( Also, how many dragons are we allowed to have? I'd like to add a second one later on if possible. ))
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
@Cryoluxa
Id say he's been there for 2-3 years and had the shop for 1year
@Cryoluxa
Id say he's been there for 2-3 years and had the shop for 1year
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
@Cryoluxa
Thanks for the ping, I'd really like to join this. Though, I do have a couple of questions. Firstly, as Windshear asked, how many dragons can I sign up for this? I usually prefer having more than one character just in case one gets stuck for a while and not because I can't choose between my dragons. Secondly, would it be possible to start a library? I have at least one dragon who'd fit that more than anything I see on the businesses list.
@Cryoluxa
Thanks for the ping, I'd really like to join this. Though, I do have a couple of questions. Firstly, as Windshear asked, how many dragons can I sign up for this? I usually prefer having more than one character just in case one gets stuck for a while and not because I can't choose between my dragons. Secondly, would it be possible to start a library? I have at least one dragon who'd fit that more than anything I see on the businesses list.
ilikefaenecks.gif
@cryoluxa i dont think so, I think he just charges people bc he feels like it lol. He thinks its his art and he can do what he wants with it. Probably the police have asked him to stop charging and he threatens to just not let people in, which the other dragons dont like because they want to still be able to look at his art. So probably both nash and spinel have sort of a strained police relationship but neither of their infractions are serious enough for the police dragons to really go after them seriously.
@cryoluxa i dont think so, I think he just charges people bc he feels like it lol. He thinks its his art and he can do what he wants with it. Probably the police have asked him to stop charging and he threatens to just not let people in, which the other dragons dont like because they want to still be able to look at his art. So probably both nash and spinel have sort of a strained police relationship but neither of their infractions are serious enough for the police dragons to really go after them seriously.
Untitled-2.png
@GenesisReborn

Ah, man, I hate it when that happens! Sorry to hear the page crashed on you. I'm glad you were able to get it out there, though. :) Let's get to it, shall we?

My first question is about the inn's name. Is there anywhere in the FR lore that references lions specifically? (I.e., in the description of an item.) I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I haven't researched it, either. If you can show me that FR dragons know what lions are in this way, then you're good to go on the name! If not, then maybe it'd be more appropriate for the setting to change it to The Chimera's Inn or The Bantam Fangar's Inn. Those are just suggestions, though. You can name it whatever you want, but it doesn't make sense to name it after something the dragons don't know exists, you know? SO I was looking through my familiars and it mentions a lion in the Chimera's description. The name is good to go!

Now, onto Swiir. What a sweet and sad story! I'm glad that they found a good home and managed to save a piece of the town, too. :) It sounds like she and Creek would get along well, too! I don't see anything wrong with this/anything I'm confused on so far. Onward!

And Virro looks good to go, too. I bet he and Sweets (I'll go with this nickname for now) get along well, and have probably eaten each other's foods often. Alright, onto dragon number three!

Very nice. I like the depth here. So, traveling festival merchant dragon who isn't above doing some less-than-legal work on the sly. Nice. :) There's only one spot here that I need some clarity on. Imriel is a wind dragon, but it implies that he can access fire lines in his bio. Is that the case, or is it just that he's good at working with fire? It would make sense, using wind to control natural fires more easily, given the scientific relationship between air and fire. (Fire feeds on oxygen, wind blows around fire fairly easily, and can also snuff it out.) But, I need the clarity here, since, without some sort of unusual event occurring, dragons can only access the magical lines that they are born into. It could be that there's some layer of Sornieth in which he can access fire lines, I suppose, (since the layers represent other users' canon) but it wouldn't be in this one.

Okay, so it's just that little bit that needs clearing up: fire vs wind, and the inn's name. Everything else is good to go! It won't be official until all that's sorted out, though.

@Windshear

Ahh, that's really too bad, what happened to Relic. :( I do wonder, though, if her clan was a clan of wanderers, how did they have a dungeon? A dungeon is a pretty permanent facility. Was it just called "the dungeon" but was really a cage they dragged around just in case? Or was it a place they adopted as a dungeon at the time, and just moved on after locking her up, there, and then returned later?

As for your question, you are more than welcome to sign up as many dragons as you want! But know your limits, of course, and as I recommended to someone else, it's best to keep a measured pace when introducing dragons. As the Eightleaf Town story progresses, you may find better points at which to introduce certain characters, or you may be disappointed that you introduced everyone at once at the beginning, finding that you want to bring more in, but can't handle any more characters.

@SkullLotus

Okay, then. That seems to be that! Papplion is good to go! I'll announce it formally a little later. :)

@Faededfyre

Thank you for coming by! And of course! A library would be an awesome addition to the town! I'm glad you guys come up with such great suggestions. ^_^ As for your question about the number of dragons you can sign up, go ahead and read the answer I gave Windshear in this post. :)

@akrimau

Hmm well, he would've been asked to get a business license the first time, along with a warning. Second time onward would get him an increasing, somewhat large fine, making it not worth whatever money he's making. If he tried to just deny the police access to his artwork, hoo boy... Not sure if many of them would really care about the threat, and he'd still get that fine. With that knowledge in mind, would he still refuse to get a business license/stop charging for showing off his art? Either option would be legal.
@GenesisReborn

Ah, man, I hate it when that happens! Sorry to hear the page crashed on you. I'm glad you were able to get it out there, though. :) Let's get to it, shall we?

My first question is about the inn's name. Is there anywhere in the FR lore that references lions specifically? (I.e., in the description of an item.) I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I haven't researched it, either. If you can show me that FR dragons know what lions are in this way, then you're good to go on the name! If not, then maybe it'd be more appropriate for the setting to change it to The Chimera's Inn or The Bantam Fangar's Inn. Those are just suggestions, though. You can name it whatever you want, but it doesn't make sense to name it after something the dragons don't know exists, you know? SO I was looking through my familiars and it mentions a lion in the Chimera's description. The name is good to go!

Now, onto Swiir. What a sweet and sad story! I'm glad that they found a good home and managed to save a piece of the town, too. :) It sounds like she and Creek would get along well, too! I don't see anything wrong with this/anything I'm confused on so far. Onward!

And Virro looks good to go, too. I bet he and Sweets (I'll go with this nickname for now) get along well, and have probably eaten each other's foods often. Alright, onto dragon number three!

Very nice. I like the depth here. So, traveling festival merchant dragon who isn't above doing some less-than-legal work on the sly. Nice. :) There's only one spot here that I need some clarity on. Imriel is a wind dragon, but it implies that he can access fire lines in his bio. Is that the case, or is it just that he's good at working with fire? It would make sense, using wind to control natural fires more easily, given the scientific relationship between air and fire. (Fire feeds on oxygen, wind blows around fire fairly easily, and can also snuff it out.) But, I need the clarity here, since, without some sort of unusual event occurring, dragons can only access the magical lines that they are born into. It could be that there's some layer of Sornieth in which he can access fire lines, I suppose, (since the layers represent other users' canon) but it wouldn't be in this one.

Okay, so it's just that little bit that needs clearing up: fire vs wind, and the inn's name. Everything else is good to go! It won't be official until all that's sorted out, though.

@Windshear

Ahh, that's really too bad, what happened to Relic. :( I do wonder, though, if her clan was a clan of wanderers, how did they have a dungeon? A dungeon is a pretty permanent facility. Was it just called "the dungeon" but was really a cage they dragged around just in case? Or was it a place they adopted as a dungeon at the time, and just moved on after locking her up, there, and then returned later?

As for your question, you are more than welcome to sign up as many dragons as you want! But know your limits, of course, and as I recommended to someone else, it's best to keep a measured pace when introducing dragons. As the Eightleaf Town story progresses, you may find better points at which to introduce certain characters, or you may be disappointed that you introduced everyone at once at the beginning, finding that you want to bring more in, but can't handle any more characters.

@SkullLotus

Okay, then. That seems to be that! Papplion is good to go! I'll announce it formally a little later. :)

@Faededfyre

Thank you for coming by! And of course! A library would be an awesome addition to the town! I'm glad you guys come up with such great suggestions. ^_^ As for your question about the number of dragons you can sign up, go ahead and read the answer I gave Windshear in this post. :)

@akrimau

Hmm well, he would've been asked to get a business license the first time, along with a warning. Second time onward would get him an increasing, somewhat large fine, making it not worth whatever money he's making. If he tried to just deny the police access to his artwork, hoo boy... Not sure if many of them would really care about the threat, and he'd still get that fine. With that knowledge in mind, would he still refuse to get a business license/stop charging for showing off his art? Either option would be legal.
@Cryoluxa

So Imriel is actually a dragon i adopted from someone and the lore/background comes from them. With a bit of research, I've found that the inspiration for the dragon who is Imriel's mother (the one who taught him her fire magic) is based on a what seems to be a mage OC of some sort. That dragon is of the Nature Flight, which causes more inconsistencies... I can't think of a good way to explain any of this away, so I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to change a character that someone worked so hard on, but the Fire magic doesn't make any sense;;

Perhaps I'll just change it for this instance, though. Nothing drastic, just a bit of tweaking...
@Cryoluxa

So Imriel is actually a dragon i adopted from someone and the lore/background comes from them. With a bit of research, I've found that the inspiration for the dragon who is Imriel's mother (the one who taught him her fire magic) is based on a what seems to be a mage OC of some sort. That dragon is of the Nature Flight, which causes more inconsistencies... I can't think of a good way to explain any of this away, so I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to change a character that someone worked so hard on, but the Fire magic doesn't make any sense;;

Perhaps I'll just change it for this instance, though. Nothing drastic, just a bit of tweaking...
tumblr_inline_nc6dja0nO51scrvs1.gif
@GenesidReborn

Yeah, I looked into it, too, and I figured that's what happened. You could always PM the person and ask for permission to tweak things around. (Like controlling wind in order to control fire indirectly, while also being good with pyrotechnics.) Looks to me to be based off of WoW characters. Anyway, I want to be as flexible as possible (which is why I offered various interpretations to the wording), but I have to keep the world canon in mind. Could be that something happened which drastically affected his magical affiliation, but just what that would be, I'm not sure. Probably involving fire runes of some sort, though.
@GenesidReborn

Yeah, I looked into it, too, and I figured that's what happened. You could always PM the person and ask for permission to tweak things around. (Like controlling wind in order to control fire indirectly, while also being good with pyrotechnics.) Looks to me to be based off of WoW characters. Anyway, I want to be as flexible as possible (which is why I offered various interpretations to the wording), but I have to keep the world canon in mind. Could be that something happened which drastically affected his magical affiliation, but just what that would be, I'm not sure. Probably involving fire runes of some sort, though.

The florist, Papplion, has been added to the Eightleaf Town denizen directory, and his shop, The Butterfly's Garden, added to the Eightleaf Town business directory!

The florist, Papplion, has been added to the Eightleaf Town denizen directory, and his shop, The Butterfly's Garden, added to the Eightleaf Town business directory!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16