Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eightleaf Town - RP Community Signups
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
[center][item=lucky star]Hello, and welcome to the Eightleaf Town signups![item=lucky star] [b]Open![/b] [u]Intro[/u] Need a writing prompt for your dragon's lore? Looking for an rp travel destination for your wanderer? Want a relaxed rp community for casual roleplay? Looking for rp events and quests without having to make a new character every time? Wishing for an rp where your dragon can be appreciated for its lore without having to more or less rewrite his or her backstory? Look no further! From the casual townsdragons, to the more-involved shopkeepers, to the daring policedragons, to prisoners in the Fortress of Ends, to adventurers traveling near and far, to dragons outside of Eightleaf Town in Sornieth at large, we have roles and playstyles that fit every kind of dragon and every kind of rper! I'm Cryoluxa, this is my project, and I would love for you to be a part of it. :) [u]Informational Pages[/u] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2086477]Eightleaf Town Main Informational Page[/url]* [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2086596]The Fuzz[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2170781]The Fortress of Ends[/url] *More or less all of the information you need is found here. [u]Types of Players and Recommendations[/u] I am fully aware that there are many different kinds of writers and rpers out there, and I hope to accommodate as many different kinds as possible. Here's a little list of kinds of rpers and my recommendations of where you might be happiest in this setup. - [u]Loves lore, but not an rper[/u] Maybe you have an interest for the lore you find here, but don't actually want to participate in interactions. At all. Whether because of time restraints, shyness, or anything else, you just feel more comfortable writing your lore and being done with it. If this is you, feel free to check out the lore, here, and pick something out for your dragons (provided it's not something that would require activity in rp.) I recommend that this type of player choose to have a townsdragon of Eightleaf Town, a denizen of Pinecoast, or a prisoner in the Fortress of Ends. Or, you could even borrow from the lore here regarding the fortress, or maybe have a character who used to live in Eightleaf Town. - [u]Casual rper[/u] Players who would maybe enjoy a little bit of interaction, but don't want to get heavily involved. Mostly available to this type of player are slice-of-life -style interactions wherever the player's dragon has planted itself. Want something lighthearted and friendly? I recommend sticking to keeping your dragon a townsdragon, especially of Eightleaf Town. This way, it's very unlikely your dragon will get sucked into events, but you'll still get that interaction with other townsdragons. Make friends, visit the local cafe, etc. If you have a more villainous dragon, but you still fit within this category, I recommend setting your dragon up in a nice, chilly cell in the Fortress of Ends. You may not get much interaction here, or even ever see who you're talking to, but voices carry, so it's not impossible. - [u]Moderate rper[/u] For the rper who has an interest in rp events, but either doesn't have the time to take a major role in it, or doesn't want to be consumed by a fun hobby. You may want to play one of the shopkeeper dragons in Eightleaf Town, as they will have interactions easily and plentifully available to them for slice-of-life interactions, and may wind up taking part in rp events, without being in the main roles. Of course, you can also play townsdragons, but the potential lack of depth and involvement may leave you unsatisfied. And, of course, you may make a prisoner in the Fortress of Ends, or a vagabond at large, if you so choose, but for the former, not much happens in the prison, and for the latter, you may not want to get tangled up in policedragons hounding you. You could play a bounty hunter, but that could get to be too much, too, even if you only get involved in a case every once in a while. So, besides a shopkeeper, for you, I recommend a policedragon. You'll have your assignments, but you'll be tied to one location (unless you're sent abroad, and I'm not going to force anyone into this), so you won't have to worry about getting too involved. - [u]Quester[/u] You play for the game aspect more than for quaint talks and sipping coffee over pleasantries. While you are not necessarily adverse to in-character chitchat, your heart beats for those action scenes, and for the thrill of accomplishing your objective (or at least forcing your foe into its next cutscene.) For this type of rper, I highly recommend you sign your dragon up for a place on the Eightleaf Town police force, make your dragon a bounty hunter, or check out the Fortress of Ends signups to create an rp villain. Those are action-oriented dragons, and those will be the most likely to skip the pleasantries and get to the puzzles, fights, and whatever else. (Note that big events will not necessarily be regular, and [i]will[/i] be dependent on me. Of course, I do not control your dragon's life. Just the events involving Eightleaf Town. So, between things, your dragon is more than welcome to participate in other rp's. This may prove complicated for policedragons, though, as they are directly connected to Eightleaf Town. Therefore, I recommend more casual questers pick from whatever category they want, but more diehard questers avoid controlling a policedragon.) - [u]RP IS LIFE[/u] From slice-of-life, casual interactions, to playing a hero amid world-ending events, you want it all (and have the time to devote to it.) Nothing is off the table for you. Have at it, friend. (Note that things having to do with the Eightleaf Town events and main plot will not necessarily stay in Eightleaf Town, and that I will be controlling those. Your dragon can still participate in things outside of these, of course.)
Lucky Star Hello, and welcome to the Eightleaf Town signups! Lucky Star

Open!

Intro

Need a writing prompt for your dragon's lore? Looking for an rp travel destination for your wanderer? Want a relaxed rp community for casual roleplay? Looking for rp events and quests without having to make a new character every time? Wishing for an rp where your dragon can be appreciated for its lore without having to more or less rewrite his or her backstory?

Look no further!

From the casual townsdragons, to the more-involved shopkeepers, to the daring policedragons, to prisoners in the Fortress of Ends, to adventurers traveling near and far, to dragons outside of Eightleaf Town in Sornieth at large, we have roles and playstyles that fit every kind of dragon and every kind of rper!

I'm Cryoluxa, this is my project, and I would love for you to be a part of it. :)

Informational Pages
Eightleaf Town Main Informational Page*
The Fuzz
The Fortress of Ends

*More or less all of the information you need is found here.

Types of Players and Recommendations

I am fully aware that there are many different kinds of writers and rpers out there, and I hope to accommodate as many different kinds as possible. Here's a little list of kinds of rpers and my recommendations of where you might be happiest in this setup.

- Loves lore, but not an rper
Maybe you have an interest for the lore you find here, but don't actually want to participate in interactions. At all. Whether because of time restraints, shyness, or anything else, you just feel more comfortable writing your lore and being done with it. If this is you, feel free to check out the lore, here, and pick something out for your dragons (provided it's not something that would require activity in rp.) I recommend that this type of player choose to have a townsdragon of Eightleaf Town, a denizen of Pinecoast, or a prisoner in the Fortress of Ends. Or, you could even borrow from the lore here regarding the fortress, or maybe have a character who used to live in Eightleaf Town.

- Casual rper
Players who would maybe enjoy a little bit of interaction, but don't want to get heavily involved. Mostly available to this type of player are slice-of-life -style interactions wherever the player's dragon has planted itself. Want something lighthearted and friendly? I recommend sticking to keeping your dragon a townsdragon, especially of Eightleaf Town. This way, it's very unlikely your dragon will get sucked into events, but you'll still get that interaction with other townsdragons. Make friends, visit the local cafe, etc. If you have a more villainous dragon, but you still fit within this category, I recommend setting your dragon up in a nice, chilly cell in the Fortress of Ends. You may not get much interaction here, or even ever see who you're talking to, but voices carry, so it's not impossible.

- Moderate rper
For the rper who has an interest in rp events, but either doesn't have the time to take a major role in it, or doesn't want to be consumed by a fun hobby. You may want to play one of the shopkeeper dragons in Eightleaf Town, as they will have interactions easily and plentifully available to them for slice-of-life interactions, and may wind up taking part in rp events, without being in the main roles. Of course, you can also play townsdragons, but the potential lack of depth and involvement may leave you unsatisfied. And, of course, you may make a prisoner in the Fortress of Ends, or a vagabond at large, if you so choose, but for the former, not much happens in the prison, and for the latter, you may not want to get tangled up in policedragons hounding you. You could play a bounty hunter, but that could get to be too much, too, even if you only get involved in a case every once in a while. So, besides a shopkeeper, for you, I recommend a policedragon. You'll have your assignments, but you'll be tied to one location (unless you're sent abroad, and I'm not going to force anyone into this), so you won't have to worry about getting too involved.

- Quester
You play for the game aspect more than for quaint talks and sipping coffee over pleasantries. While you are not necessarily adverse to in-character chitchat, your heart beats for those action scenes, and for the thrill of accomplishing your objective (or at least forcing your foe into its next cutscene.) For this type of rper, I highly recommend you sign your dragon up for a place on the Eightleaf Town police force, make your dragon a bounty hunter, or check out the Fortress of Ends signups to create an rp villain. Those are action-oriented dragons, and those will be the most likely to skip the pleasantries and get to the puzzles, fights, and whatever else. (Note that big events will not necessarily be regular, and will be dependent on me. Of course, I do not control your dragon's life. Just the events involving Eightleaf Town. So, between things, your dragon is more than welcome to participate in other rp's. This may prove complicated for policedragons, though, as they are directly connected to Eightleaf Town. Therefore, I recommend more casual questers pick from whatever category they want, but more diehard questers avoid controlling a policedragon.)

- RP IS LIFE
From slice-of-life, casual interactions, to playing a hero amid world-ending events, you want it all (and have the time to devote to it.) Nothing is off the table for you. Have at it, friend.

(Note that things having to do with the Eightleaf Town events and main plot will not necessarily stay in Eightleaf Town, and that I will be controlling those. Your dragon can still participate in things outside of these, of course.)
[center][u]Rules[/u] - Please follow the FR code of conduct. - Please be polite and courteous to your fellow rpers (even if your dragons hate each other.) - Because of the "layers of Sornieth" system, please note that whatever layer your dragon [i]is in[/i] determines the world canon for that location. [b]Not[/b] whatever layer your dragon [i]is from[/i]. - All participating rpers must be in agreement on the location/layer in which individual interactions take place. - [b]Any[/b] interactions taking place in Eightleaf Town takes place in Eightleaf Town's layer. So no "my dragon said that in another layer so your dragon didn't hear that" shenanigans meant to disclue other players outside of what would reasonably occur. - Please keep out of character information out of character, and in character information in character. - Powerful characters are allowed, but please keep it reasonable. - No controlling anyone else's character. - Mischievous characters happen. However, please don't troll people, especially if they ask you to stop. - The timeline is determined by me. Let's not get crazy "and then these two characters are two weeks into the future and these guys are a month behind" stuff going on, here. Making plans is perfectly fine, but please try not to break the space-time continuum. If you get bored, there are plenty of other fun things to do in the meantime. If you're confused about whereabouts in the timeline things are, ask me and I'll do my best to let you know. Note: for rper convenience, most of the time, the timeline is pretty lax. - Major events within [b]this[/b] rp/setting are controlled by myself. I control canon here, including the weather, major events, etc. So, no dropping meteors or whatever else on the rp. Outside of the rp is outside my jurisdiction, so feel free to have at it elsewhere. Keep in mind the layers! The rules are subject to change at any time under my discretion, but I think that's a good start. [u]Signup Form[/u] Please fill out this form if you want your dragon to be a denizen of/a traveler passing through Eightleaf Town, or Pinecoast. (Most of the activity will be in Eightleaf Town, though.) The form for signing up a policedragon can be found on the Fuzz informational page, and the form for signing up a criminal/organization [b]known to and/or detained by the law enforcement[/b] is on the Fortress of Ends informational page. If your dragon/organization isn't in their records, you can still submit them using this form, or by making a note on the other form when you submit it. Please also note if you would like your dragon/group to be involved as villains in the rp's.[/center] [code][b]Dragon:[/b] (Please link your dragon here) [b]Name:[/b] (Your dragon's name) [b]Age:[/b] (Your dragon's approximate age -- human equivalent. "Old," "kid," etc. is okay, too.) [b]Residence:[/b] (Where does your dragon live? If (s)he's a wanderer, put N/A.) [b]Role:[/b] (Bounty hunter/policedragon/townsdragon/etc.) [b]Personality:[/b] (Please give a description of your dragon's personality, especially if your dragon doesn't have a bio.) [b]Backstory:[/b] (Any notes on your dragon's backstory goes here.) [b]Special notes:[/b] (Anything else you think is important? Note them here.) [b]Player Type:[/b] (Please choose from the types I listed out above. This helps me know your preferences for how involved you want to be so that I don't bore you or bother you.)[/code] [center][u]Extra Notes[/u] - It's okay for members of this group to start their own rp topics for events personal to their characters without my involvement. Only major events, main plot advancement, and/or things involving my own characters require my personal involvement as an rper. - Sometimes, rp's will be worked on over PM, then posted in the Creative Corner as a short story later. Anyone is welcome to do this so long as it doesn't break canon or the rules. - Separate events will have separate rp topics. Kind of like episodes. - This community is long-term (but you don't have to stick around for its entire lifespan) even if specific events aren't. - Spectators are welcome. - Rp posts are narrative-style.
Rules

- Please follow the FR code of conduct.
- Please be polite and courteous to your fellow rpers (even if your dragons hate each other.)
- Because of the "layers of Sornieth" system, please note that whatever layer your dragon is in determines the world canon for that location. Not whatever layer your dragon is from.
- All participating rpers must be in agreement on the location/layer in which individual interactions take place.
- Any interactions taking place in Eightleaf Town takes place in Eightleaf Town's layer. So no "my dragon said that in another layer so your dragon didn't hear that" shenanigans meant to disclue other players outside of what would reasonably occur.
- Please keep out of character information out of character, and in character information in character.
- Powerful characters are allowed, but please keep it reasonable.
- No controlling anyone else's character.
- Mischievous characters happen. However, please don't troll people, especially if they ask you to stop.
- The timeline is determined by me. Let's not get crazy "and then these two characters are two weeks into the future and these guys are a month behind" stuff going on, here. Making plans is perfectly fine, but please try not to break the space-time continuum. If you get bored, there are plenty of other fun things to do in the meantime. If you're confused about whereabouts in the timeline things are, ask me and I'll do my best to let you know. Note: for rper convenience, most of the time, the timeline is pretty lax.
- Major events within this rp/setting are controlled by myself. I control canon here, including the weather, major events, etc. So, no dropping meteors or whatever else on the rp. Outside of the rp is outside my jurisdiction, so feel free to have at it elsewhere. Keep in mind the layers!

The rules are subject to change at any time under my discretion, but I think that's a good start.

Signup Form

Please fill out this form if you want your dragon to be a denizen of/a traveler passing through Eightleaf Town, or Pinecoast. (Most of the activity will be in Eightleaf Town, though.)

The form for signing up a policedragon can be found on the Fuzz informational page, and the form for signing up a criminal/organization known to and/or detained by the law enforcement is on the Fortress of Ends informational page. If your dragon/organization isn't in their records, you can still submit them using this form, or by making a note on the other form when you submit it. Please also note if you would like your dragon/group to be involved as villains in the rp's.
Code:
[b]Dragon:[/b] (Please link your dragon here) [b]Name:[/b] (Your dragon's name) [b]Age:[/b] (Your dragon's approximate age -- human equivalent. "Old," "kid," etc. is okay, too.) [b]Residence:[/b] (Where does your dragon live? If (s)he's a wanderer, put N/A.) [b]Role:[/b] (Bounty hunter/policedragon/townsdragon/etc.) [b]Personality:[/b] (Please give a description of your dragon's personality, especially if your dragon doesn't have a bio.) [b]Backstory:[/b] (Any notes on your dragon's backstory goes here.) [b]Special notes:[/b] (Anything else you think is important? Note them here.) [b]Player Type:[/b] (Please choose from the types I listed out above. This helps me know your preferences for how involved you want to be so that I don't bore you or bother you.)

Extra Notes
- It's okay for members of this group to start their own rp topics for events personal to their characters without my involvement. Only major events, main plot advancement, and/or things involving my own characters require my personal involvement as an rper.
- Sometimes, rp's will be worked on over PM, then posted in the Creative Corner as a short story later. Anyone is welcome to do this so long as it doesn't break canon or the rules.
- Separate events will have separate rp topics. Kind of like episodes.
- This community is long-term (but you don't have to stick around for its entire lifespan) even if specific events aren't.
- Spectators are welcome.
- Rp posts are narrative-style.
Chronicle

This is a list of short stories and rp topics which relate to the Eightleaf Town community umbrella.

A Son of Truth and Justice -- DePero's pre-Eightleaf Town story
Frozen Fate -- Munaa and Vekja's pre-Eightleaf Town story
Starfall Celebration Special, 2017! First Eightleaf RP!
Second Eightleaf RP -- "Mystery Dragons"
Third Eightleaf RP -- "Harbored"

Ongoing RP's

Here's a list of currently ongoing rp's. They will be moved to the Chronicle once completed.

Fourth Eightleaf RP -- "Dangerous Company"
Chronicle

This is a list of short stories and rp topics which relate to the Eightleaf Town community umbrella.

A Son of Truth and Justice -- DePero's pre-Eightleaf Town story
Frozen Fate -- Munaa and Vekja's pre-Eightleaf Town story
Starfall Celebration Special, 2017! First Eightleaf RP!
Second Eightleaf RP -- "Mystery Dragons"
Third Eightleaf RP -- "Harbored"

Ongoing RP's

Here's a list of currently ongoing rp's. They will be moved to the Chronicle once completed.

Fourth Eightleaf RP -- "Dangerous Company"
Pinglist

Want to be notified when certain things happen, whether as a player or a spectator? Sign up for the pinglist! Just say you'd like to be on a pinglist, and specify which one to be added!

-Everything

@/akrimau
@/MotherOfOmens
@/QuetzalMuse

-Additions to the Chronicle

No one yet!

-Main Story Events

No one yet!

-Eightleaf Town Events

No one yet!

-Character/Venue Additions

No one yet!

(More lists may be added)
Pinglist

Want to be notified when certain things happen, whether as a player or a spectator? Sign up for the pinglist! Just say you'd like to be on a pinglist, and specify which one to be added!

-Everything

@/akrimau
@/MotherOfOmens
@/QuetzalMuse

-Additions to the Chronicle

No one yet!

-Main Story Events

No one yet!

-Eightleaf Town Events

No one yet!

-Character/Venue Additions

No one yet!