Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP Brainstorming
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29
On a different topic, anyone got plans at the moment for clan alliances?? Clan wars? Clan interaction in general? Lemme know and we can bounce ideas before stuff gets started :)

On a different topic, anyone got plans at the moment for clan alliances?? Clan wars? Clan interaction in general? Lemme know and we can bounce ideas before stuff gets started :)

UqHFmmO.pngy3NW8md.gif
@Losiana

I don't know if you're subbed to the thread...but I'll go ahead and ping you for now ~

As far as clan wars go, I'm tentative on them being common, seeing wars involve deaths more often than not and our dragons being killed off is a bit of a tight spot...wars will be mostly between beastclans or maybe even full on Shade clans...

I'm also thinking of allowing scried dragons to be clan members, that way take easier to incorporate deaths among the clans without having half of someone's lair being "dead" if that makes sense haha. So, every clan will have a general allegiance, or peace really, but we can always create our own evil clans to attack us...

Oh. I've discovered a good event idea...we could all pitch in and create dragons for a big Shade or just rogue clan!! Like we could all scry and write lore for one dragon, and all the dragons can go together for one big enemy that we could fight? If that makes sense ? Like we could even do monthly battles with pirates or Shade dragons :3
@Losiana

I don't know if you're subbed to the thread...but I'll go ahead and ping you for now ~

As far as clan wars go, I'm tentative on them being common, seeing wars involve deaths more often than not and our dragons being killed off is a bit of a tight spot...wars will be mostly between beastclans or maybe even full on Shade clans...

I'm also thinking of allowing scried dragons to be clan members, that way take easier to incorporate deaths among the clans without having half of someone's lair being "dead" if that makes sense haha. So, every clan will have a general allegiance, or peace really, but we can always create our own evil clans to attack us...

Oh. I've discovered a good event idea...we could all pitch in and create dragons for a big Shade or just rogue clan!! Like we could all scry and write lore for one dragon, and all the dragons can go together for one big enemy that we could fight? If that makes sense ? Like we could even do monthly battles with pirates or Shade dragons :3
Inactive
Call Me Cealy | #303930 | She / They | FR +3 | 23 | Taken
0c0e0ef6-4a87-4a85-b87a-d16f52d899fb.png
Yea I am subbed :)
I'm not keen on actively starting clan wars, but if that was an idea someone had, I wouldn't be opposed to doing it. It would be a new experience for me writing wise with my clan at least!

For fake clans to war with, if theres empty territories on the map the fake clans can temporarily hide out in those spots until someone joins and takes that spot. I like the idea of scrying dragons for clans too, especially for people with very few dragons.
I really like your event idea as well, I would be super down for helping set that up! Even writing beastclan lore would be fun for events too.

Do you have any ideas for clans that do plan to be more on the aggressive side though? Provided they get peoples permission to fight them. Like a plague clan for example that's all about survival of the fittest and tend to be looters or otherwise? Or sneaky shadow clans that steal for their resources?

Yea I am subbed :)
I'm not keen on actively starting clan wars, but if that was an idea someone had, I wouldn't be opposed to doing it. It would be a new experience for me writing wise with my clan at least!

For fake clans to war with, if theres empty territories on the map the fake clans can temporarily hide out in those spots until someone joins and takes that spot. I like the idea of scrying dragons for clans too, especially for people with very few dragons.
I really like your event idea as well, I would be super down for helping set that up! Even writing beastclan lore would be fun for events too.

Do you have any ideas for clans that do plan to be more on the aggressive side though? Provided they get peoples permission to fight them. Like a plague clan for example that's all about survival of the fittest and tend to be looters or otherwise? Or sneaky shadow clans that steal for their resources?

UqHFmmO.pngy3NW8md.gif
I'm glad you like my ideas :3

Yes, hostile clans will be permitted in terms of thiefs and etc. However, the killing of another dragon will be considered murder and won't be commonly allowed within the RP.

I'm thinking of having "Unnamed Clans" in various territories that the more conniving dragons can loot from and even kill from. That way it limits our direct dragons being killed off. However, stealing from another actual clan will be allowed, and can be role played :3
I'm glad you like my ideas :3

Yes, hostile clans will be permitted in terms of thiefs and etc. However, the killing of another dragon will be considered murder and won't be commonly allowed within the RP.

I'm thinking of having "Unnamed Clans" in various territories that the more conniving dragons can loot from and even kill from. That way it limits our direct dragons being killed off. However, stealing from another actual clan will be allowed, and can be role played :3
Inactive
Okie dokie gotcha, so murder is heavily frowned upon. Good to know :P

I have a feeling my clan might be a target for theft so that will be fun to roleplay!

What about clan alliances? Do you have any ideas for that? And i'm not talking about a sorta 'peace' kind of alliance so much as a trading alliance or a ride or die alliance where if one clan gets pulled into a war, the other will back them up?

Is there going to be a yearly clan get together where this kind of stuff will be discussed? Because that might be a fun thing to roleplay. Will cross clan apprenticeships be allowed too? Because that might be fun also :v
Okie dokie gotcha, so murder is heavily frowned upon. Good to know :P

I have a feeling my clan might be a target for theft so that will be fun to roleplay!

What about clan alliances? Do you have any ideas for that? And i'm not talking about a sorta 'peace' kind of alliance so much as a trading alliance or a ride or die alliance where if one clan gets pulled into a war, the other will back them up?

Is there going to be a yearly clan get together where this kind of stuff will be discussed? Because that might be a fun thing to roleplay. Will cross clan apprenticeships be allowed too? Because that might be fun also :v
UqHFmmO.pngy3NW8md.gif
Pretty much all the clans trade with one another, but as far as direct alliances, that can definitely happen. Clans can absolutely ally themselves with another clan, this will commonly happen among clans of the same flight, or clans close by since every region is about a day away from another region...leaving cross-region travelling not an every day occurrence.

There will definitely be peace gatherings that every clan is expected to attend, I'm not sure if yearly is too long of a stretch though...maybe every two months? Once every month? At least at the beginning since we don't know how active everyone will be in a year from now. We can also trade frequently between one another, and maybe have large trading events / swap meets every other week or something along those lines.

As for cross clan apprenticeship...that won't be very common, and might only he necessary if, say, a certain clan has a dragon of a profession that isn't present in their clan, and they want to introduce new skills. It could also happen if a sibling is in another clan, or if the apprentice visiting the other clan is just interested in new techniques and etc. It won't be prohibited but it also wouldn't be widely common if that makes sense
Pretty much all the clans trade with one another, but as far as direct alliances, that can definitely happen. Clans can absolutely ally themselves with another clan, this will commonly happen among clans of the same flight, or clans close by since every region is about a day away from another region...leaving cross-region travelling not an every day occurrence.

There will definitely be peace gatherings that every clan is expected to attend, I'm not sure if yearly is too long of a stretch though...maybe every two months? Once every month? At least at the beginning since we don't know how active everyone will be in a year from now. We can also trade frequently between one another, and maybe have large trading events / swap meets every other week or something along those lines.

As for cross clan apprenticeship...that won't be very common, and might only he necessary if, say, a certain clan has a dragon of a profession that isn't present in their clan, and they want to introduce new skills. It could also happen if a sibling is in another clan, or if the apprentice visiting the other clan is just interested in new techniques and etc. It won't be prohibited but it also wouldn't be widely common if that makes sense
Inactive
Hello!

I am very interested in this and have a few questions of my own, sorry if any of this may have been asked already. I went through all the forum posts but may have missed some thing ^u^"

-So I have two clans already sorta at war with each other, would I have to change stuff like this for joining in this RP?

-My clan has a small permanent home within the Viridian Labyrinth but are for the most part they are nomadic, hence the name of the clan. So I know it seems you are to have clan territories mapped out? Would it matter if my clan was mostly nomadic or not?

-Is it mandatory the clan's roles be named in the way you have it? (Matriarch, Patriarch, Warrior, ect.) My clan is set up in this way but their titles are different.

-The shade is quite tangled into my clans lore, I saw only a couple posts on this in this forum but the shade will be welcome in this mass RP?

-Last one, I do have 'immortal' dragons within my lair. They can die but otherwise dont age for various reasons. Will this be okay for these RPs?
Hello!

I am very interested in this and have a few questions of my own, sorry if any of this may have been asked already. I went through all the forum posts but may have missed some thing ^u^"

-So I have two clans already sorta at war with each other, would I have to change stuff like this for joining in this RP?

-My clan has a small permanent home within the Viridian Labyrinth but are for the most part they are nomadic, hence the name of the clan. So I know it seems you are to have clan territories mapped out? Would it matter if my clan was mostly nomadic or not?

-Is it mandatory the clan's roles be named in the way you have it? (Matriarch, Patriarch, Warrior, ect.) My clan is set up in this way but their titles are different.

-The shade is quite tangled into my clans lore, I saw only a couple posts on this in this forum but the shade will be welcome in this mass RP?

-Last one, I do have 'immortal' dragons within my lair. They can die but otherwise dont age for various reasons. Will this be okay for these RPs?
@Drackana

Hiya ! And welcome ! And don't worry I don't mind the questions !

- as two clans do you mean in your own lair, you have two clans ? That's totally fine if you're at war in that case because A) you're personally in charge of if / when your dragons die, so if you have your own dragons attack each other then the whole rule doesn't really pertain...but keep in mind that killing another dragon is murder and is usually met with punishment and B) the war problem is only present with two separate people role playing because only the "owner" of a dragon can confirm whether or not their dragon gets killed...since you would be controlling both of your clans, it's no argument or situation between another individual if that makes sense :)

- yes, clan territories are concrete locations, and travelling clans are usually only about 5 dragons ...but, if your clan is quite nomadic, you will probably only be able to settle down in the neutral zones I will have drawn up. Neutral zones are sites for events, gatherings, and trade meets, so if you decide to move locations, you can pick from various neutral zones if that makes sense? As for your permanent home, I won't allow other clans to claim your previous territory when you move, but, note that if someone's dragon wanders into that region and role plays there, if you have no dragons to defend the land, there's kinda no marked territory. So, if you have items there left behind by your clan, a dragon taking those items will not be held for theft and etc.

- the clan roles are not required or are set rules , they are basic guidelines to base your clans off of. Since there are different clans, it makes sense for the names of certain roles to vary , so yes, it is allowed to call a role by a different name, as long as you let me know what each of your roles within your clan are about, so there is an understanding for the different terms :)

- the Shade will be incorporated into the RP, I'm just unsure as of now about how I will introduce it and how it will affect the plot. So, yes it will be allowed / be a part of the RP, I'm just not exactly sure how :)

- immortality is basically godmodding, but only if you mean by not being able to die or be defeated. Immortality in your sense, can definitely be allowed, as long as not every single one of your dragons is unable to age :) but, I don't think it will be probable if a little newborn hatchling is running around with weapons and armor leading the battle charge...
@Drackana

Hiya ! And welcome ! And don't worry I don't mind the questions !

- as two clans do you mean in your own lair, you have two clans ? That's totally fine if you're at war in that case because A) you're personally in charge of if / when your dragons die, so if you have your own dragons attack each other then the whole rule doesn't really pertain...but keep in mind that killing another dragon is murder and is usually met with punishment and B) the war problem is only present with two separate people role playing because only the "owner" of a dragon can confirm whether or not their dragon gets killed...since you would be controlling both of your clans, it's no argument or situation between another individual if that makes sense :)

- yes, clan territories are concrete locations, and travelling clans are usually only about 5 dragons ...but, if your clan is quite nomadic, you will probably only be able to settle down in the neutral zones I will have drawn up. Neutral zones are sites for events, gatherings, and trade meets, so if you decide to move locations, you can pick from various neutral zones if that makes sense? As for your permanent home, I won't allow other clans to claim your previous territory when you move, but, note that if someone's dragon wanders into that region and role plays there, if you have no dragons to defend the land, there's kinda no marked territory. So, if you have items there left behind by your clan, a dragon taking those items will not be held for theft and etc.

- the clan roles are not required or are set rules , they are basic guidelines to base your clans off of. Since there are different clans, it makes sense for the names of certain roles to vary , so yes, it is allowed to call a role by a different name, as long as you let me know what each of your roles within your clan are about, so there is an understanding for the different terms :)

- the Shade will be incorporated into the RP, I'm just unsure as of now about how I will introduce it and how it will affect the plot. So, yes it will be allowed / be a part of the RP, I'm just not exactly sure how :)

- immortality is basically godmodding, but only if you mean by not being able to die or be defeated. Immortality in your sense, can definitely be allowed, as long as not every single one of your dragons is unable to age :) but, I don't think it will be probable if a little newborn hatchling is running around with weapons and armor leading the battle charge...
Inactive
I only have 3 immortals, one being my clans leader and her form is only given to her for as long as she is afflicted by her current disease. Once a cure is found her form will be mortal once more. The other is a vampire though (also have no idea if that is fine or not btw) The third isnt really a living dragon and can quite easily 'die' in many ways, shes a golem of magic and metal.
I only have 3 immortals, one being my clans leader and her form is only given to her for as long as she is afflicted by her current disease. Once a cure is found her form will be mortal once more. The other is a vampire though (also have no idea if that is fine or not btw) The third isnt really a living dragon and can quite easily 'die' in many ways, shes a golem of magic and metal.
@Drackana

All sounds good to me ! I also have a mechanical dragon and a couple of my dragons have been resurrected from death or reincarnated, so I'm sure a vampire will be fine :3
@Drackana

All sounds good to me ! I also have a mechanical dragon and a couple of my dragons have been resurrected from death or reincarnated, so I'm sure a vampire will be fine :3
Inactive
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29