Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP Brainstorming
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29
@cealygosa how strictly should our dragons adhere to the roles you're writing up? I ask because some of mine, well, don't. Is it alright to have clans deviate, have their own inner roles and rules and stuff? I feel like that would keep stuff more interesting, so each clan has more of a unique identity unto itself.
@cealygosa how strictly should our dragons adhere to the roles you're writing up? I ask because some of mine, well, don't. Is it alright to have clans deviate, have their own inner roles and rules and stuff? I feel like that would keep stuff more interesting, so each clan has more of a unique identity unto itself.
SCtan5m.png
Southern Lights Hatchery & Ice Nesting d8c1a852df2fd8a.png

@Losiana

Hey ! About the messengers, I thought of it being strict to smaller, more nimble breeds because of the swiftness and stealth usually needed for deliveries...but I can change it to put that larger breeds usually don't become messengers, instead of them not being able too :)

I also was definitely adding farmers, blacksmiths, and most other roles of what you listed, and I'll be sure to look at the other ones such as archaeologists and I complete forgot about caregivers haha

About the Shade...is that the uh...darkness in Flight Risings origin lore? I'm relatively new still and I myself haven't studied the entirity of the lore, so when I fully understand what the Shade is I can properly get back to you on that :3 but I will most likely incorporate that!

@winterbright

Hiya :) these clan roles are more like guidelines, and are the most common roles among the clans. Roles can absolutely vary between clans, which is expected, other clans might even call their members by different titles than Hunter, Matriarch, etc, and have different names for each role. However, I just ask that if your clan has different roles and and rules, that you let me know when we get closer to starting so I can approve of the variation :) I will be adding all "known roles" to the list, so clans don't have every single role, but have a different combination of them and etc.

Some clans might also have flight-specific roles! Like for ice, maybe certain dragons take on the role of clearing lakes of their ice when needed or clearing snow. Or for Lightning, there will be "spire conductors" that are in charge of monitoring the Lightning Farms and their spires, stuff like that. I will be sure to list the flight specific roles in their own little categories :)

There will also be a universal prison where all the clans prisoners and criminals go, so there will either be an entire clan dedicated to guarding the prison, or there will be various dragons dedicated to that role. I will be sure to have a lot of variety when deciding what roles your dragons should be :)
@Losiana

Hey ! About the messengers, I thought of it being strict to smaller, more nimble breeds because of the swiftness and stealth usually needed for deliveries...but I can change it to put that larger breeds usually don't become messengers, instead of them not being able too :)

I also was definitely adding farmers, blacksmiths, and most other roles of what you listed, and I'll be sure to look at the other ones such as archaeologists and I complete forgot about caregivers haha

About the Shade...is that the uh...darkness in Flight Risings origin lore? I'm relatively new still and I myself haven't studied the entirity of the lore, so when I fully understand what the Shade is I can properly get back to you on that :3 but I will most likely incorporate that!

@winterbright

Hiya :) these clan roles are more like guidelines, and are the most common roles among the clans. Roles can absolutely vary between clans, which is expected, other clans might even call their members by different titles than Hunter, Matriarch, etc, and have different names for each role. However, I just ask that if your clan has different roles and and rules, that you let me know when we get closer to starting so I can approve of the variation :) I will be adding all "known roles" to the list, so clans don't have every single role, but have a different combination of them and etc.

Some clans might also have flight-specific roles! Like for ice, maybe certain dragons take on the role of clearing lakes of their ice when needed or clearing snow. Or for Lightning, there will be "spire conductors" that are in charge of monitoring the Lightning Farms and their spires, stuff like that. I will be sure to list the flight specific roles in their own little categories :)

There will also be a universal prison where all the clans prisoners and criminals go, so there will either be an entire clan dedicated to guarding the prison, or there will be various dragons dedicated to that role. I will be sure to have a lot of variety when deciding what roles your dragons should be :)
Inactive
Call Me Cealy | #303930 | She / They | FR +3 | 23 | Taken
0c0e0ef6-4a87-4a85-b87a-d16f52d899fb.png
@cealygosa that sounds like a good way to do it ~ I just wanted to make sure my dragons with erm... odd jobs might still be able to be included without needing to be changed too much. Also, I love seeing the creativity in roles people think up for their dragons, and I'd love to have my characters encounter clans with other ways of doing things. Over the next month I'll be working on actually writing out lore and bios, so I'll certainly be able to let you know as we get close!

Also, Ice lore fits pretty well with being prison keepers, as that's a task the Icewarden entrusted to them in FR's lore, keeping all the creepy beasties imprisoned/frozen. (I'm still trying to read up on all of it myself!) I don't know if I'd have the room to hold prisoners for others, but I thought I'd just throw out there that it could be a very icy concept.
@cealygosa that sounds like a good way to do it ~ I just wanted to make sure my dragons with erm... odd jobs might still be able to be included without needing to be changed too much. Also, I love seeing the creativity in roles people think up for their dragons, and I'd love to have my characters encounter clans with other ways of doing things. Over the next month I'll be working on actually writing out lore and bios, so I'll certainly be able to let you know as we get close!

Also, Ice lore fits pretty well with being prison keepers, as that's a task the Icewarden entrusted to them in FR's lore, keeping all the creepy beasties imprisoned/frozen. (I'm still trying to read up on all of it myself!) I don't know if I'd have the room to hold prisoners for others, but I thought I'd just throw out there that it could be a very icy concept.
SCtan5m.png
Southern Lights Hatchery & Ice Nesting d8c1a852df2fd8a.png

@cealygosa Heres some stuff on it if/when you wanna check it out! It's some spooky stuff.
The shade's wiki page
Shade Discussion that the Arcanist and Undel commented on.

As you know the shade is this sites main antagonist, and every non beastclan beast you fight in the coliseum is shade touched. The familiars you collect from the coli have been freed from the shade by you that's why they 'join your clan'

So a lot of the members on this site sat down and said, 'if it can control animals and some beastclan members, why not dragons too?'
And it's become this lovecraftian/horror thing on this site where theres dragons that hunt it, dragons that suffer from it and some that become monstrous beings because of it.

That stuff aside, thanks for being flexible with the messengers!! I really appreciate it :)
Also i'm happy that the roles are guidelines and not something we rigidly have to adhere to, theres a lot of dragons that don't really fit traditional roles in my clan. Be it elementally, or just physically. Makes writing more fun that way :D for example I have a guardian who is a pacifist monk, Tundra dragons who are all about physical combat, Wind/Earth snappers running a bath house, a Wind nocturne is my Master Herbologist and a Ice Snapper who engineered my clans irrigation/aqueduct systems just to name a few of my oddball kiddies.
@cealygosa Heres some stuff on it if/when you wanna check it out! It's some spooky stuff.
The shade's wiki page
Shade Discussion that the Arcanist and Undel commented on.

As you know the shade is this sites main antagonist, and every non beastclan beast you fight in the coliseum is shade touched. The familiars you collect from the coli have been freed from the shade by you that's why they 'join your clan'

So a lot of the members on this site sat down and said, 'if it can control animals and some beastclan members, why not dragons too?'
And it's become this lovecraftian/horror thing on this site where theres dragons that hunt it, dragons that suffer from it and some that become monstrous beings because of it.

That stuff aside, thanks for being flexible with the messengers!! I really appreciate it :)
Also i'm happy that the roles are guidelines and not something we rigidly have to adhere to, theres a lot of dragons that don't really fit traditional roles in my clan. Be it elementally, or just physically. Makes writing more fun that way :D for example I have a guardian who is a pacifist monk, Tundra dragons who are all about physical combat, Wind/Earth snappers running a bath house, a Wind nocturne is my Master Herbologist and a Ice Snapper who engineered my clans irrigation/aqueduct systems just to name a few of my oddball kiddies.
UqHFmmO.pngy3NW8md.gif
Can someone give me a update of the state of this?

everyones writing big. XD; I don't know what's relevant or not any more.
Can someone give me a update of the state of this?

everyones writing big. XD; I don't know what's relevant or not any more.
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
@catgame21234 still setting things up for rules/lore/ect and waiting to see if anyone else is interested in joining before we start. Won't start yet for a little bit but that just gives us time to get our clans and such ready :v
@catgame21234 still setting things up for rules/lore/ect and waiting to see if anyone else is interested in joining before we start. Won't start yet for a little bit but that just gives us time to get our clans and such ready :v
UqHFmmO.pngy3NW8md.gif
whats is required then?

and what changes to the world are there that you all agreed on, and the reasons why please.

I am going to assume we are using vanilla FR world correct? @Losiana

I want to be caught up to speed so I don't have to dig this info out of pharagraphs.
whats is required then?

and what changes to the world are there that you all agreed on, and the reasons why please.

I am going to assume we are using vanilla FR world correct? @Losiana

I want to be caught up to speed so I don't have to dig this info out of pharagraphs.
@catgame21234 Not 100% sure yet, @Cealygosa would probably be able to answer better then me but for the most part, Vanilla FR lore. You will be using your clans personal lore/members to roleplay. When things finally get set up you will pick a location on the map that's going to be provided for your clans location and this is going to be a roleplaying group of sorts with multiple threads where various small stories, plots and such can go on between various clans. You can have a wandering group of dragons (if you have 4 or less dragons) and just interact wherever or you can have an established clan and claim territory (5 or more) as I just mentioned.

So things like clan wars, clan alliances, trading and stuff will be going on for the most part I feel.
Mostly from my understanding theres going be loose plot/goals and you kinda do what you want as long as it's not godmodding, outside FR lore, or conflicts with the rules Cealygosa is going to have up. Theres gonna be google docs where everyones clan members being used in the RP's will be set up along with info about your clan and stuff like that.
@catgame21234 Not 100% sure yet, @Cealygosa would probably be able to answer better then me but for the most part, Vanilla FR lore. You will be using your clans personal lore/members to roleplay. When things finally get set up you will pick a location on the map that's going to be provided for your clans location and this is going to be a roleplaying group of sorts with multiple threads where various small stories, plots and such can go on between various clans. You can have a wandering group of dragons (if you have 4 or less dragons) and just interact wherever or you can have an established clan and claim territory (5 or more) as I just mentioned.

So things like clan wars, clan alliances, trading and stuff will be going on for the most part I feel.
Mostly from my understanding theres going be loose plot/goals and you kinda do what you want as long as it's not godmodding, outside FR lore, or conflicts with the rules Cealygosa is going to have up. Theres gonna be google docs where everyones clan members being used in the RP's will be set up along with info about your clan and stuff like that.
UqHFmmO.pngy3NW8md.gif
@Losiana

Baller. Long as I'm only bouncing off of other people im all in.

@Cealygosa

keep me updated.
@Losiana

Baller. Long as I'm only bouncing off of other people im all in.

@Cealygosa

keep me updated.
@catgame21234

Hiya! Sorry I couldn't get to your post sooner!

So yeah Losiana summed it up pretty well. It's going to be an interactive flight rising based role play, using the sites lore as well as new ideas and whatever presents itself. Most might end up being Canon after a while, if we go for a good long time and develop more plots and happenings.

We are using traditional ideas of the world of Sornieth, the zones, the species, the specifics , etc...but there will be like I posted different roles that a dragon can have that might be from outside ideas not of Sornieth. I'm drawing my own world map, based off of Sornieth but with extra continents and islands, and it will be expanded as time goes on and we discover new areas.

There will be gatherings that clans will participate in to come together and report on the state of their clans, there will be a universal prison of Sornieth where prisoners will be kept, there will be all-flight trading posts, events, parties, and etc. It's of course still a working idea and contributions will be accepted during this developing phase!

We will most likely start in at least a month from now due to some home life fallouts and issues...I am moving out in August, and once I am out, I will have a guranteed activity :) I don't think I will wait the starting of this out until then since it seems like quite a while and I don't want to lose the interest of my current individuals...but, August will be the maximum time limit for the start. Until then, everyone can fill their dragons bios, get them dressed in whatever apparel they need, get some roles in mind that they like, stuff like that.

You can subscribe to the thread if you want, but I will definitely ping you any time I have updates. I am currently working through the roles / positions for the clans and the world map, and when those get finished they will be posted here. I also need to finish up the rules, and get a better description / intro going...so there still is a lot to do but welcome aboard !!
@catgame21234

Hiya! Sorry I couldn't get to your post sooner!

So yeah Losiana summed it up pretty well. It's going to be an interactive flight rising based role play, using the sites lore as well as new ideas and whatever presents itself. Most might end up being Canon after a while, if we go for a good long time and develop more plots and happenings.

We are using traditional ideas of the world of Sornieth, the zones, the species, the specifics , etc...but there will be like I posted different roles that a dragon can have that might be from outside ideas not of Sornieth. I'm drawing my own world map, based off of Sornieth but with extra continents and islands, and it will be expanded as time goes on and we discover new areas.

There will be gatherings that clans will participate in to come together and report on the state of their clans, there will be a universal prison of Sornieth where prisoners will be kept, there will be all-flight trading posts, events, parties, and etc. It's of course still a working idea and contributions will be accepted during this developing phase!

We will most likely start in at least a month from now due to some home life fallouts and issues...I am moving out in August, and once I am out, I will have a guranteed activity :) I don't think I will wait the starting of this out until then since it seems like quite a while and I don't want to lose the interest of my current individuals...but, August will be the maximum time limit for the start. Until then, everyone can fill their dragons bios, get them dressed in whatever apparel they need, get some roles in mind that they like, stuff like that.

You can subscribe to the thread if you want, but I will definitely ping you any time I have updates. I am currently working through the roles / positions for the clans and the world map, and when those get finished they will be posted here. I also need to finish up the rules, and get a better description / intro going...so there still is a lot to do but welcome aboard !!
Inactive
Call Me Cealy | #303930 | She / They | FR +3 | 23 | Taken
0c0e0ef6-4a87-4a85-b87a-d16f52d899fb.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29