Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Begin Anew [ FR RP - Closed ]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76
Meri smiled apologetically at the trembling Skydancer. "It's okay," he said, "I shouldn't have snuck up on you, anyway. I'm Meri." He relaxed slightly, trying not to look like a threat. To tell the truth, Meri craved company. The weeks spent wandering had dulled his need for social interaction, but this encounter brought the craving up again. It doesn't matter, the Imperial thought, I'm probably never going to see them again.
Meri smiled apologetically at the trembling Skydancer. "It's okay," he said, "I shouldn't have snuck up on you, anyway. I'm Meri." He relaxed slightly, trying not to look like a threat. To tell the truth, Meri craved company. The weeks spent wandering had dulled his need for social interaction, but this encounter brought the craving up again. It doesn't matter, the Imperial thought, I'm probably never going to see them again.
05qhES2.png
"T-thanks..." Alloy stammered, and a small smile crept onto their face. At least these dragons weren't trying to kill them from their lack of elemental magic. "I'm Alloy, and it's alright that you snuck up on me. I just wanted to not bother anyone. And I wanted to find water." The patched sides of their mouth, their tongue dry and rough.
"T-thanks..." Alloy stammered, and a small smile crept onto their face. At least these dragons weren't trying to kill them from their lack of elemental magic. "I'm Alloy, and it's alright that you snuck up on me. I just wanted to not bother anyone. And I wanted to find water." The patched sides of their mouth, their tongue dry and rough.
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
Meri looked around the desert. No water to be seen, obviously. Internally, the part of the Imperial that had never gown up grinned. Alloy seemed to be pleasant enough to not be a threat, and couldn't probably harm him anyway. "Perhaps there's water underground," he pondered. A swipe of his claws cleared up a decently-sized pit in the ground, which felt slightly damp. Meri's eyes lit up, and he continued digging feverishly for the groundwater.

(That's it for today, I think :^( )
Meri looked around the desert. No water to be seen, obviously. Internally, the part of the Imperial that had never gown up grinned. Alloy seemed to be pleasant enough to not be a threat, and couldn't probably harm him anyway. "Perhaps there's water underground," he pondered. A swipe of his claws cleared up a decently-sized pit in the ground, which felt slightly damp. Meri's eyes lit up, and he continued digging feverishly for the groundwater.

(That's it for today, I think :^( )
05qhES2.png
(Night!)
Alloy's tired gray eyes seemed to light up, and they joined the Imperial in digging the hole. She was much smaller than Meri, and therefore made less of an impact, but hey, at least they tried. After a few minutes of scratching at the cracked desert, dirty, muddy water pooled into the small watering hole they had created. Alloy didn't hesitate to start drinking up the life-giving liquid, despite its poor quality. It felt like the clearest spring in Sornieth to them.
(Night!)
Alloy's tired gray eyes seemed to light up, and they joined the Imperial in digging the hole. She was much smaller than Meri, and therefore made less of an impact, but hey, at least they tried. After a few minutes of scratching at the cracked desert, dirty, muddy water pooled into the small watering hole they had created. Alloy didn't hesitate to start drinking up the life-giving liquid, despite its poor quality. It felt like the clearest spring in Sornieth to them.
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
Forsythia smelled something familiar on the breeze. She sniffed again, savoring it, for she had not smelled the sweet ichor of water on rock... or perhaps sand. Her beak was chapped and her tongue thirsty, she followed the aroma, leading her to an outcrop of dragons.
She froze. There were a lot of them. A lot more than she could take on alone. None of them seemed very hostile toward each other, and she assumed they were possibly a hunting party.
She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, anxious to approach. The only reason she hadn't left yet was because she had grown weak and desperate from wandering this arid wasteland with only drops of cactus juice to thrive on.

"Excuse me?" Forsythia asked timidly. "Might I ask you to spare some water?"
Forsythia smelled something familiar on the breeze. She sniffed again, savoring it, for she had not smelled the sweet ichor of water on rock... or perhaps sand. Her beak was chapped and her tongue thirsty, she followed the aroma, leading her to an outcrop of dragons.
She froze. There were a lot of them. A lot more than she could take on alone. None of them seemed very hostile toward each other, and she assumed they were possibly a hunting party.
She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, anxious to approach. The only reason she hadn't left yet was because she had grown weak and desperate from wandering this arid wasteland with only drops of cactus juice to thrive on.

"Excuse me?" Forsythia asked timidly. "Might I ask you to spare some water?"
Meri paused in his drinking to turn towards the new arrival. "Sure," he shrugged, turning back to inspect his work. A decently-sized watering hole had been dug, and the Imperial scooped a handful of wet sand up, rubbing it on his dry scales. Meri sighed in comfort, then caught himself abruptly. They were still strangers, and they could turn on him any moment. He gave a rare smile at the metallic Skydancer drinking beside him. This was probably the most socializing he would do in a long time, and Meri was determined to appreciate every bit of it.
Meri paused in his drinking to turn towards the new arrival. "Sure," he shrugged, turning back to inspect his work. A decently-sized watering hole had been dug, and the Imperial scooped a handful of wet sand up, rubbing it on his dry scales. Meri sighed in comfort, then caught himself abruptly. They were still strangers, and they could turn on him any moment. He gave a rare smile at the metallic Skydancer drinking beside him. This was probably the most socializing he would do in a long time, and Meri was determined to appreciate every bit of it.
05qhES2.png
Tigress turned to look at the Nocturne that called out to them. She parted her jaws to answer, when she heard Mari introduce himself, and nodded acknowledgement in his direction, even as he landed and began to help the shining Skydancer find food. Turning back to the Nocturne, she did as he had asked, and lowered her altitude until she was hovering directly in front of him.
"I should apologize, I may have looked a bit threatening circling above like that. I assure you, I mean no harm to those who don't harm me." She said simply, noting that he was a fire dragon just as she was. She was a similar size to him, being that she was a relatively small Wildclaw, but she was still the bigger of the two.
"To answer your question, I don't need help... But like many others here I don't have a place to go. So I suppose I seek company." She did. In fact, she was hoping to find a friend or two to survive this wasteland with. "Well hidden shelter, by the way. I wouldnt have noticed if Meri hadn't said anything." She commented lightly.
Tigress turned to look at the Nocturne that called out to them. She parted her jaws to answer, when she heard Mari introduce himself, and nodded acknowledgement in his direction, even as he landed and began to help the shining Skydancer find food. Turning back to the Nocturne, she did as he had asked, and lowered her altitude until she was hovering directly in front of him.
"I should apologize, I may have looked a bit threatening circling above like that. I assure you, I mean no harm to those who don't harm me." She said simply, noting that he was a fire dragon just as she was. She was a similar size to him, being that she was a relatively small Wildclaw, but she was still the bigger of the two.
"To answer your question, I don't need help... But like many others here I don't have a place to go. So I suppose I seek company." She did. In fact, she was hoping to find a friend or two to survive this wasteland with. "Well hidden shelter, by the way. I wouldnt have noticed if Meri hadn't said anything." She commented lightly.
OJtR5hm.gifTVybt.pngOJtR5hm.gif
Forsythia gracelessly stumbled toward the makeshift watering hole and drank viciously.
"I didn't realize the water table was this close to the surface." She said between breaths. "I would have dug a spring days ago. Still, thank you lot." She raised her head to look the imperial in the eye.
"Sir, you may very well have saved my life. I owe you all my gratitude."
Satisfied, she backed away from the pool, wiping sand from her chin. She took a moment to get a look at the dragons around her. A few of them caught her eye in particular. First, a beautifully colored skydancer that seemed to be rather anxious. A nocturne with similar colors to herself, and the most peculiar, a skydancer with colorless eyes. She realized she had been staring and quickly looked at the ground.
"I'm sorry, I've just never seen a dragon with eyes like yours. I can't place you. Are you an ice dragon?"
Forsythia gracelessly stumbled toward the makeshift watering hole and drank viciously.
"I didn't realize the water table was this close to the surface." She said between breaths. "I would have dug a spring days ago. Still, thank you lot." She raised her head to look the imperial in the eye.
"Sir, you may very well have saved my life. I owe you all my gratitude."
Satisfied, she backed away from the pool, wiping sand from her chin. She took a moment to get a look at the dragons around her. A few of them caught her eye in particular. First, a beautifully colored skydancer that seemed to be rather anxious. A nocturne with similar colors to herself, and the most peculiar, a skydancer with colorless eyes. She realized she had been staring and quickly looked at the ground.
"I'm sorry, I've just never seen a dragon with eyes like yours. I can't place you. Are you an ice dragon?"
((Hey guys, I'm glad that you're having fun with the rp and all, but it would be better if you waited a little more before posting, so everyone can have a chance to reply as well ^^ Some players haven't posted yet, and I believe that some of us may only post once a day. ))

"I'm glad." He answered, as the coatl said that he meant no harm, though, he also soon turned his head to the side as Meri acknowledged his shelter. A little embarrassed that his worry was more clear than he intended it to be, he just snorted at the light dragon. "Nice eye." The nocturne was about to say something else, when the imperial tensed slightly. Was there someone else near? He perked his head to the side, trying to smell any kind of oddity.

Though, as he noticed, it was a little harder to differentiate between all of those unfamiliar scents from the dragons that approached, and in the end, the results of his search weren't really promissing. Still on the top of the rock, he saw as the skydancer and imperial dug up a hole in the ground. As he expected, water sprout out of the small hole, soon forming a puddle of the crystalline liquid. Po immediately remembered about his own shelter, and how happy he became when water also came inside... His musings were interrupted as a voice came from above him, and startled, he moved too fast, almost falling from the seat he was.

Clumsily, he laid his claws between the cracks, and rocked his wings a few times to not hung up as he were. He sat down quickly, glaring at her for a few moments -he didn't like to be surprised- but soon sighed in defeat. "No place to go...? Alright, alright." Po passed a paw on his face, as he thought. "Maybe we could-" His phrase was interrupted as she also mentioned the apparently very obvious shelter. "I'm glad that you find this, but I'm not sure that that's the truth." He continued, judging by the fact that the imperial managed to find it even a few meter away from it. "I'm not the best at hiding you know? I like to be made known, actually." A side-grin, this was a characteristic he was quite proud of, even if it had a few bad consequences. "But hm, about your case... Maybe you and the others could sleep here for today's night? I've been also wandering lonely, a bit of company would be welcome. Besides, no one would face such a large group."
((Hey guys, I'm glad that you're having fun with the rp and all, but it would be better if you waited a little more before posting, so everyone can have a chance to reply as well ^^ Some players haven't posted yet, and I believe that some of us may only post once a day. ))

"I'm glad." He answered, as the coatl said that he meant no harm, though, he also soon turned his head to the side as Meri acknowledged his shelter. A little embarrassed that his worry was more clear than he intended it to be, he just snorted at the light dragon. "Nice eye." The nocturne was about to say something else, when the imperial tensed slightly. Was there someone else near? He perked his head to the side, trying to smell any kind of oddity.

Though, as he noticed, it was a little harder to differentiate between all of those unfamiliar scents from the dragons that approached, and in the end, the results of his search weren't really promissing. Still on the top of the rock, he saw as the skydancer and imperial dug up a hole in the ground. As he expected, water sprout out of the small hole, soon forming a puddle of the crystalline liquid. Po immediately remembered about his own shelter, and how happy he became when water also came inside... His musings were interrupted as a voice came from above him, and startled, he moved too fast, almost falling from the seat he was.

Clumsily, he laid his claws between the cracks, and rocked his wings a few times to not hung up as he were. He sat down quickly, glaring at her for a few moments -he didn't like to be surprised- but soon sighed in defeat. "No place to go...? Alright, alright." Po passed a paw on his face, as he thought. "Maybe we could-" His phrase was interrupted as she also mentioned the apparently very obvious shelter. "I'm glad that you find this, but I'm not sure that that's the truth." He continued, judging by the fact that the imperial managed to find it even a few meter away from it. "I'm not the best at hiding you know? I like to be made known, actually." A side-grin, this was a characteristic he was quite proud of, even if it had a few bad consequences. "But hm, about your case... Maybe you and the others could sleep here for today's night? I've been also wandering lonely, a bit of company would be welcome. Besides, no one would face such a large group."
mini.png
> Meias <
she | her

The old Anchorage
A Water & Wind Clan
100.png
Reji could smell the moisture of the watering hole, and he licked the air again. At first, he was repulsed by it's muddiness, but knowing how dry it's been lately in the already arid expanse, there was little else. It was a lucky find. The surveying coatl clicked his claws against the stone before clambering up and over. The large coatl proclaimed loudly: "Reji will have a drink now. Thanks to the shiny one and the sun-scaled big, for finding such things!" And with no one's permission, he shouldered a dragon, slithered to the watering hole, and drank. Water dribbled down the broad, serpentine chin, his tongue flicking as he savored the hydration. "Reji would like to stay as well." He purred with wet jaws. "I can do ssssomething in return?" He eyed the nocturne, fire eyes flickering over his form. "What sssay you, sssmall?"
Reji could smell the moisture of the watering hole, and he licked the air again. At first, he was repulsed by it's muddiness, but knowing how dry it's been lately in the already arid expanse, there was little else. It was a lucky find. The surveying coatl clicked his claws against the stone before clambering up and over. The large coatl proclaimed loudly: "Reji will have a drink now. Thanks to the shiny one and the sun-scaled big, for finding such things!" And with no one's permission, he shouldered a dragon, slithered to the watering hole, and drank. Water dribbled down the broad, serpentine chin, his tongue flicking as he savored the hydration. "Reji would like to stay as well." He purred with wet jaws. "I can do ssssomething in return?" He eyed the nocturne, fire eyes flickering over his form. "What sssay you, sssmall?"
You're a clever one, aren't you?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76