Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Among humans
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57
Looking for someone to do this with me... Feel free to play any role (Other than a demon), and I would apreciate a minimum of a short paragraph))

Magic in this world was a powerful thing. Not only powerful, but illegal to use or have publicly, too. To do so would mean that the courts would have there eye on you and many times, you'd easily go missing within months. Of course, magic wasn't completely illegal. Ancestors, generations ago had created deals and packs with demons and other magical life forms, which empowered them with magic. However, those days were long gone, the creatures had mostly lefts or died out. Though magic had been passed down through off spring, it gradually weakened. However, those in the courts, lawmakers, rulers, even soldiers and gaurdsmen all somehow remained powerfully magical. Now unless you were one of them, it is completely illegal to use magic, or even have connections to anything magically powerful.

This is where our first character comes in. The large hound-like demon stalked the street of the city. It'd somehow woken up in the slums, lost in the industrial jungle. As the sun slowly rose it muttered something in a tounge and ducked into an alley. There it took the form of a human, walking out as a young man in plane clothes and a jacket, messy hair dropping over his eyes. He looked around, worriedly. He'd heard stories from other of his kind. Demons were strictly banned from human cities. Many that entered never managed to get home. He walked the street, hurriedly, hoping there wouldnt be any guards or demon hunters around to see him.
Looking for someone to do this with me... Feel free to play any role (Other than a demon), and I would apreciate a minimum of a short paragraph))

Magic in this world was a powerful thing. Not only powerful, but illegal to use or have publicly, too. To do so would mean that the courts would have there eye on you and many times, you'd easily go missing within months. Of course, magic wasn't completely illegal. Ancestors, generations ago had created deals and packs with demons and other magical life forms, which empowered them with magic. However, those days were long gone, the creatures had mostly lefts or died out. Though magic had been passed down through off spring, it gradually weakened. However, those in the courts, lawmakers, rulers, even soldiers and gaurdsmen all somehow remained powerfully magical. Now unless you were one of them, it is completely illegal to use magic, or even have connections to anything magically powerful.

This is where our first character comes in. The large hound-like demon stalked the street of the city. It'd somehow woken up in the slums, lost in the industrial jungle. As the sun slowly rose it muttered something in a tounge and ducked into an alley. There it took the form of a human, walking out as a young man in plane clothes and a jacket, messy hair dropping over his eyes. He looked around, worriedly. He'd heard stories from other of his kind. Demons were strictly banned from human cities. Many that entered never managed to get home. He walked the street, hurriedly, hoping there wouldnt be any guards or demon hunters around to see him.
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
[can you tell us a little more about the world, like is it like modern age but with outlawed magic or somewhere in the past? Also is this an open starter or just explaining things? Sorry if the questions are silly, just wanting to make sure before writing anything up.]
[can you tell us a little more about the world, like is it like modern age but with outlawed magic or somewhere in the past? Also is this an open starter or just explaining things? Sorry if the questions are silly, just wanting to make sure before writing anything up.]
@Theoiseaubird
(Ah, sorry. The questions are fine, I guess I did a poor job of explaining things. The setting is kinda old age-steam punk kind of setting. I tried to leave it kind of vauge, for world building. And this is an open starter))
@Theoiseaubird
(Ah, sorry. The questions are fine, I guess I did a poor job of explaining things. The setting is kinda old age-steam punk kind of setting. I tried to leave it kind of vauge, for world building. And this is an open starter))
@foxflaim From down the way a young woman walked down the street, a spring in her hurried step as she almost impatiently tapped at a cracked watch on her wrist, shook her wrist an then held it up to her ear as she jogged closer, listening. She seemed to be more interested in her own watch and getting to where ever she needed to be instead of the stranger that had come out of the alley as she had only given him a brief glance before looking back to the streets ahead of her. To her, it was just another normal, boring human. Hm...Though they did just come out of the alleyway and that hair...Homeless maybe? Saaleha gave a soft sigh as her pace slowed down, now making a beeline for the stranger as she dug her hands into the hidden pockets of her outer dress, goggles that hung loosely from her hammer belt jingled and clanked together as she was really digging deep before pulling out a few coins. “Need some cash?” She spoke with a little smile, planning to have this be her good deed of the day. Her voice held a Middle Eastern accent, particularly a San’ani dialect. She now held out her hand, the few coins resting in her palm as she hoped she was not mistaken about this fellow being homeless or at the very least, down on his luck. If anything she was the queen of assumptions, and that could land the young woman in hot water from time to time. [img]https://d.facdn.net/art/theoiseaubird/1461663639/1461663639.theoiseaubird_kamilahssis.png[/img] [kinda old but this is Saaleha]
@foxflaim

From down the way a young woman walked down the street, a spring in her hurried step as she almost impatiently tapped at a cracked watch on her wrist, shook her wrist an then held it up to her ear as she jogged closer, listening.

She seemed to be more interested in her own watch and getting to where ever she needed to be instead of the stranger that had come out of the alley as she had only given him a brief glance before looking back to the streets ahead of her.

To her, it was just another normal, boring human. Hm...Though they did just come out of the alleyway and that hair...Homeless maybe?

Saaleha gave a soft sigh as her pace slowed down, now making a beeline for the stranger as she dug her hands into the hidden pockets of her outer dress, goggles that hung loosely from her hammer belt jingled and clanked together as she was really digging deep before pulling out a few coins.

“Need some cash?” She spoke with a little smile, planning to have this be her good deed of the day. Her voice held a Middle Eastern accent, particularly a San’ani dialect. She now held out her hand, the few coins resting in her palm as she hoped she was not mistaken about this fellow being homeless or at the very least, down on his luck.

If anything she was the queen of assumptions, and that could land the young woman in hot water from time to time.

1461663639.theoiseaubird_kamilahssis.png
[kinda old but this is Saaleha]
@Theoiseaubird
(The image doesn't seem to work)

The man walked along, looking around. Human cities were so bit... Everything seemed to extend father than he could see. Soon enough there was some woman in front of him. What was she saying? She was offering coins? Yellow eyes stared blankly at her, through its almost black hair, as he looked her over the woman.

"Cash..?" He repeated, seeming confused and curious. His voice held some accent of unknown origin. Something resembling british or scotish desent but nothing clear. He spoke shakely, seeming in a daze. He could have easily been mistaken for possibly a drunk or druggy. 'Ah... It must be human slang for money' he thought, staring at the money

His eyes looked back up at her, seeming to almost cut through her. "No thank you...." He said, with an odd sense of politeness. "Might you tell me where to find the city gates.." He asked, tilting his head. He seemed to ignore the hungry growl from his stomach, or the distant rumble, threatening a storm.
@Theoiseaubird
(The image doesn't seem to work)

The man walked along, looking around. Human cities were so bit... Everything seemed to extend father than he could see. Soon enough there was some woman in front of him. What was she saying? She was offering coins? Yellow eyes stared blankly at her, through its almost black hair, as he looked her over the woman.

"Cash..?" He repeated, seeming confused and curious. His voice held some accent of unknown origin. Something resembling british or scotish desent but nothing clear. He spoke shakely, seeming in a daze. He could have easily been mistaken for possibly a drunk or druggy. 'Ah... It must be human slang for money' he thought, staring at the money

His eyes looked back up at her, seeming to almost cut through her. "No thank you...." He said, with an odd sense of politeness. "Might you tell me where to find the city gates.." He asked, tilting his head. He seemed to ignore the hungry growl from his stomach, or the distant rumble, threatening a storm.
@foxflaim
[thats odd, but i can just out it in a link then
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/19794339/]

“Yeppers” Saaleha spoke with a large smile, bouncing on her heels as she held out her hands to him, the coins still rested in her palms as if waiting for the fellow to take them. Sometimes she would shift her wait from foot to foot as she waited, knowing she shouldn’t spend too much time dilly daddling as she should really get to work in a timely fashion.

Her rocking back and forth on her heels slowed as she took in more and more of the stranger, first taking note of an accent she could not place, but more importantly the way he spoke. The tone he used made her wonder for a moment if he was in shock, or maybe...Drunk?

She guessed it was around the time for the drunks to be kicked out of the bars, yet something didn’t feel right...But she couldn’t place what exactly.

Another thing to note was his eyes, she had never seen a shade of yellow before. Maybe they were just a vibrant hazel instead? She was not sure but she soon found herself trying to get a better look, her own eyes focused on his.

“Yeah, it’s just a little ride away...At least the south gate is. If you want the other ones it will take longer” She now spoke slowly, wanting to make sure he understood all she was saying before hearing the rumble of an oncoming storm.

“Oh yeesh, you probably don’t want to travel outside the gates though with a storm coming.” Assuming he was even leaving, she guessed he may just live near the gates and got lost. Would make sense if he was drunk.
@foxflaim
[thats odd, but i can just out it in a link then
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/19794339/]

“Yeppers” Saaleha spoke with a large smile, bouncing on her heels as she held out her hands to him, the coins still rested in her palms as if waiting for the fellow to take them. Sometimes she would shift her wait from foot to foot as she waited, knowing she shouldn’t spend too much time dilly daddling as she should really get to work in a timely fashion.

Her rocking back and forth on her heels slowed as she took in more and more of the stranger, first taking note of an accent she could not place, but more importantly the way he spoke. The tone he used made her wonder for a moment if he was in shock, or maybe...Drunk?

She guessed it was around the time for the drunks to be kicked out of the bars, yet something didn’t feel right...But she couldn’t place what exactly.

Another thing to note was his eyes, she had never seen a shade of yellow before. Maybe they were just a vibrant hazel instead? She was not sure but she soon found herself trying to get a better look, her own eyes focused on his.

“Yeah, it’s just a little ride away...At least the south gate is. If you want the other ones it will take longer” She now spoke slowly, wanting to make sure he understood all she was saying before hearing the rumble of an oncoming storm.

“Oh yeesh, you probably don’t want to travel outside the gates though with a storm coming.” Assuming he was even leaving, she guessed he may just live near the gates and got lost. Would make sense if he was drunk.
@Theoiseaubird

(Ah, wow. She's absolutely lovely))

He stared quietly at the woman. It seemed she wouldn't be willing to put her hand away untill he agrees to take the coins from her. He silently took them and pocketed them away before looking in the direction she suggested.

"That way is south?" he askes, seeming puzzled. In that case he was heading west, and if memory served sell; his home was east of this city. "Tell me... How long of a walk to any eastern exits?" he asked, rubbing his head. There was some clear anxiety in his body language. He needed out and back home ASAP, less he get caught by any guards or likely sort.
"And some storm isn't going to stop me... Not that I have much of a shelter" he said glancing around.
@Theoiseaubird

(Ah, wow. She's absolutely lovely))

He stared quietly at the woman. It seemed she wouldn't be willing to put her hand away untill he agrees to take the coins from her. He silently took them and pocketed them away before looking in the direction she suggested.

"That way is south?" he askes, seeming puzzled. In that case he was heading west, and if memory served sell; his home was east of this city. "Tell me... How long of a walk to any eastern exits?" he asked, rubbing his head. There was some clear anxiety in his body language. He needed out and back home ASAP, less he get caught by any guards or likely sort.
"And some storm isn't going to stop me... Not that I have much of a shelter" he said glancing around.
@foxflaim
[Thank you so much, she is a delight and my easiest 'introduction' character.]

Ah yes, good deed done.
Saaleha only hoped it would do the other some good since if she heard right, he was hungry and given that he was slowly appearing more and more on the drunk side of things instead of shocked, she wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't eaten in a tick.

"Hum diddly dum" Saaleha now withdrew her hands in order to rub her chin as she took a slow circle to look all about as she tried to figure out just how long it would take exactly to get to the east gate. Let's see, let's see... "Well, on foot i'd say like...A good couple of hours. City's not small after all, but if you've got the fair, take the tram"

Saaleha spoke softly now, noting how anxious the other seemed as she took a small step back in order to give him a little more room.

"It's dangerous though, so why not come with me?" Saaleha now smiled again, a glint in her eyes. "I work at a bakery, we can get you a little food in you're system while you wait out the storm, sound good?"
@foxflaim
[Thank you so much, she is a delight and my easiest 'introduction' character.]

Ah yes, good deed done.
Saaleha only hoped it would do the other some good since if she heard right, he was hungry and given that he was slowly appearing more and more on the drunk side of things instead of shocked, she wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't eaten in a tick.

"Hum diddly dum" Saaleha now withdrew her hands in order to rub her chin as she took a slow circle to look all about as she tried to figure out just how long it would take exactly to get to the east gate. Let's see, let's see... "Well, on foot i'd say like...A good couple of hours. City's not small after all, but if you've got the fair, take the tram"

Saaleha spoke softly now, noting how anxious the other seemed as she took a small step back in order to give him a little more room.

"It's dangerous though, so why not come with me?" Saaleha now smiled again, a glint in her eyes. "I work at a bakery, we can get you a little food in you're system while you wait out the storm, sound good?"
@Theoiseaubird
((Your very welcome)

The man seemed dismayed at the revelation that it could take hours to get out of town. And what was a 'Tram'? He sighed and continued to glance around. He put his hand up to feel his empty stomach. When had he last eaten? His heart nearly stopped at the sight of some guardsmen
"Alight, I think I'll take you up on the offer... But I would very much apreciate it if we could start to move right now..." He said, his voice getting low as he seemed to look between the woman and the guards.
They were stereotypical 'knight' armor, carying either spears or broadswords. They seemed flashy and statement making, but it was clear they could do some damage if they wished.
@Theoiseaubird
((Your very welcome)

The man seemed dismayed at the revelation that it could take hours to get out of town. And what was a 'Tram'? He sighed and continued to glance around. He put his hand up to feel his empty stomach. When had he last eaten? His heart nearly stopped at the sight of some guardsmen
"Alight, I think I'll take you up on the offer... But I would very much apreciate it if we could start to move right now..." He said, his voice getting low as he seemed to look between the woman and the guards.
They were stereotypical 'knight' armor, carying either spears or broadswords. They seemed flashy and statement making, but it was clear they could do some damage if they wished.
@foxflaim

Saaleha softly chuckled as she watched him put his hand to his stomach, seems like he was considering her offer, ah yes, one good deed turned into two. She pretended now not to be watching him as she fiddled with her watch again, watching the cogs turn inside and sometimes seem to catch on something she couldn't see. She figured she'd either have to take it to the watch maker or crack this baby open herself and try and figure out what was stuck in there.

"That hungry?" Saaleha asked, noting that for someone who seemed drunk, this fellow seemed pretty sober at the same time. Saaleha noted something in his gaze and looked over her shoulder and to the gaurds, giving a friendly little wave and smile just to be polite. As she felt a friendly wave could go a long way to quickly check if someone was friendly or not and since they were clad in armor she had troubles remembering who was who on this route.

"Sure, follow me then" Saaleha then motioned for the other to follow her as she placed her hands in her pockets and started to walk down the street, knowing that she was probably late for work but hey, she was bringing in a customer so no big deal. "Oh yeah, I'm Saaleha Botros, pleasure to meet you stranger"

Saaleha then smiled, she looked like she was expecting a name in return as she eyed his clothes, trying to guess from quality if he was from the slums or the higher class parts of town.
@foxflaim

Saaleha softly chuckled as she watched him put his hand to his stomach, seems like he was considering her offer, ah yes, one good deed turned into two. She pretended now not to be watching him as she fiddled with her watch again, watching the cogs turn inside and sometimes seem to catch on something she couldn't see. She figured she'd either have to take it to the watch maker or crack this baby open herself and try and figure out what was stuck in there.

"That hungry?" Saaleha asked, noting that for someone who seemed drunk, this fellow seemed pretty sober at the same time. Saaleha noted something in his gaze and looked over her shoulder and to the gaurds, giving a friendly little wave and smile just to be polite. As she felt a friendly wave could go a long way to quickly check if someone was friendly or not and since they were clad in armor she had troubles remembering who was who on this route.

"Sure, follow me then" Saaleha then motioned for the other to follow her as she placed her hands in her pockets and started to walk down the street, knowing that she was probably late for work but hey, she was bringing in a customer so no big deal. "Oh yeah, I'm Saaleha Botros, pleasure to meet you stranger"

Saaleha then smiled, she looked like she was expecting a name in return as she eyed his clothes, trying to guess from quality if he was from the slums or the higher class parts of town.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57