Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 Rp with ImpossibleJedi4
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20
(I was having the same issue. XD i was hoping they could play twenty questions. And he could ask something and she could let some things slip.. but its hard to think of a question that will let past slip out of the cracks. he could ask her what her starter pokemon was?? She might get a bit tense and snap.. but then she will tell him. Though if he asks her what happened, she will clam up XD. he could also ask about her parents, though he will get a short response for that one. )

An eyebrow raised, Xanthia stared at Mason. "Fun? Its been a long time since i've had any fun." She stated, brushing her fingers aimlessly against Chitter's pokeball. "When i was a kid i used to think training pokemon was fun.. of course that was before.. everything.." she shook her head. "I had fun a few times at the beach in Hoenn.. and once in Unova at the Amuzement park there. I guess.. one silver lining is that Arceus let the thing remain there.. i guess because the pokemon found enjoyment in it too."

"What is your favorite pokemon?" she asked. "Not like favorite one on your team.. i mean in general." she added after getting a glance from Felicity.
(I was having the same issue. XD i was hoping they could play twenty questions. And he could ask something and she could let some things slip.. but its hard to think of a question that will let past slip out of the cracks. he could ask her what her starter pokemon was?? She might get a bit tense and snap.. but then she will tell him. Though if he asks her what happened, she will clam up XD. he could also ask about her parents, though he will get a short response for that one. )

An eyebrow raised, Xanthia stared at Mason. "Fun? Its been a long time since i've had any fun." She stated, brushing her fingers aimlessly against Chitter's pokeball. "When i was a kid i used to think training pokemon was fun.. of course that was before.. everything.." she shook her head. "I had fun a few times at the beach in Hoenn.. and once in Unova at the Amuzement park there. I guess.. one silver lining is that Arceus let the thing remain there.. i guess because the pokemon found enjoyment in it too."

"What is your favorite pokemon?" she asked. "Not like favorite one on your team.. i mean in general." she added after getting a glance from Felicity.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
(Makes sense, okay! ;) )

He nodded at her words. "Um, well, I've always been around Luca, so I'm going to either have to go with Riolu or Lucario. The way she always knows what I'm feeling and can tell if I need medical--" he broke off. "Knows if I ever get hurt, you know. She was my unorthodox starter so I can't really pick a different pokemon." He looked Al,lst irritated at himself, then composed his features and looked up.
"What about you? Was Chimchar your starter from when you were ten? Would make sense, she seems really strong."
(Makes sense, okay! ;) )

He nodded at her words. "Um, well, I've always been around Luca, so I'm going to either have to go with Riolu or Lucario. The way she always knows what I'm feeling and can tell if I need medical--" he broke off. "Knows if I ever get hurt, you know. She was my unorthodox starter so I can't really pick a different pokemon." He looked Al,lst irritated at himself, then composed his features and looked up.
"What about you? Was Chimchar your starter from when you were ten? Would make sense, she seems really strong."
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
((oh and i totally think that Luca might be suspicious of Xanthia too, because she'd probably be able to sense the aura shift between Xanthia and her pokemon when she takes on their pain.. or the way her aura connects with her pokemons for a moment when she captures them and uses them in battle XD Xanthia will play dumb, but it could be interesting XD))

A crinkle of the corner of his eyes when he said Lucario was an unorthodox starter. "No.. i think an unorthodox starter would be Remoraid." she laughed. But it was comforting to hear.. and a bit disheartening at the same time. She knew he loved his Lucario.. but she also knew that he didn't know what other pokemon were his favorite. he didn't know what he was going to capture or train next.. well that was if he could find it..

Or maybe he did and her question hadn't been clear enough. Xanthia should have asked what pokemon he wanted to capture next. Maybe she would ask that next??

And then he asked the question about her starter. Was chimchar her starter? The faint light which had gathered in her eyes faded slightly. She continued onward like a zombie, not even looking at the path before her.

"No." her voice was cold and unfeeling, and she seemed to withdraw slightly into herself. And then she started to talk as if she was on auto-pilot. "Chitter is just the one i was given in this region. I have friends in high places.. and one of them owed me a favor.. so he gave me a Chimchar to help me out this time." She folded her hands into her sleeves. "My starter..." Her head panged, as the beginnings of a headache started assaulting her. Why couldn't she remember? She had to remember.. she had to think. Her brain pinged a second time and she saw two shaded figures.. one which quickly faded to make way for.. Luthien. That's right.. Luthien... A smile crossed her face at the tender, yet painful emotions surrounding Luthien. "She was a Charmander. I called her Luthien." she dusted her fingers along her apricorns again. "we fought together since i was.. ten i think.. though it could have been earlier than that.. To be honest.. i don't have the best memory.." And with that she fell into her own memories, clearly lost and not about to ask any questions anytime soon. This gave Mason ample time to ask a question again.
((oh and i totally think that Luca might be suspicious of Xanthia too, because she'd probably be able to sense the aura shift between Xanthia and her pokemon when she takes on their pain.. or the way her aura connects with her pokemons for a moment when she captures them and uses them in battle XD Xanthia will play dumb, but it could be interesting XD))

A crinkle of the corner of his eyes when he said Lucario was an unorthodox starter. "No.. i think an unorthodox starter would be Remoraid." she laughed. But it was comforting to hear.. and a bit disheartening at the same time. She knew he loved his Lucario.. but she also knew that he didn't know what other pokemon were his favorite. he didn't know what he was going to capture or train next.. well that was if he could find it..

Or maybe he did and her question hadn't been clear enough. Xanthia should have asked what pokemon he wanted to capture next. Maybe she would ask that next??

And then he asked the question about her starter. Was chimchar her starter? The faint light which had gathered in her eyes faded slightly. She continued onward like a zombie, not even looking at the path before her.

"No." her voice was cold and unfeeling, and she seemed to withdraw slightly into herself. And then she started to talk as if she was on auto-pilot. "Chitter is just the one i was given in this region. I have friends in high places.. and one of them owed me a favor.. so he gave me a Chimchar to help me out this time." She folded her hands into her sleeves. "My starter..." Her head panged, as the beginnings of a headache started assaulting her. Why couldn't she remember? She had to remember.. she had to think. Her brain pinged a second time and she saw two shaded figures.. one which quickly faded to make way for.. Luthien. That's right.. Luthien... A smile crossed her face at the tender, yet painful emotions surrounding Luthien. "She was a Charmander. I called her Luthien." she dusted her fingers along her apricorns again. "we fought together since i was.. ten i think.. though it could have been earlier than that.. To be honest.. i don't have the best memory.." And with that she fell into her own memories, clearly lost and not about to ask any questions anytime soon. This gave Mason ample time to ask a question again.
(Oh that might be interesting! I'll keep that in mind next time something happens....)

Mason's face fell when she spoke. He wasn't going to pursue that line of questioning, that was for sure... Probably had something to do with her saying that she'd lost pokemon....he felt bad.

"Erm sorry," he muttered. "Here's a less nosy question. What's your favorite type?"

He knew his favorite type. Psychic. For one, the attacks usually hurt far less than the others, and his body didn't need to mutate to accept the abilities. Using the powers was actually painless. He actually got to enjoy using them. Telekinesis was incredible, and he wished he could have it all the time.
(Oh that might be interesting! I'll keep that in mind next time something happens....)

Mason's face fell when she spoke. He wasn't going to pursue that line of questioning, that was for sure... Probably had something to do with her saying that she'd lost pokemon....he felt bad.

"Erm sorry," he muttered. "Here's a less nosy question. What's your favorite type?"

He knew his favorite type. Psychic. For one, the attacks usually hurt far less than the others, and his body didn't need to mutate to accept the abilities. Using the powers was actually painless. He actually got to enjoy using them. Telekinesis was incredible, and he wished he could have it all the time.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
( XD bahaha. And meanwhile.. we have Xanthia who hates Psychic types for various reasons XD)

Xanthia had to think on that for a while before smiling and speaking. "Actually, this might surprise you.. but I really like Ghost types. I guess i envy them a little too. They are definitely a handful, not for the rookie trainer.. and their are rumors of them eating people's souls and dreams. I guess i like the fact that they do pretty much whatever they want." She nodded. "I guess i envy the fact that they can do what they want and they are pretty much left alone for the most part." she paused for a second, thinking again. "Though my other favorite would probably be dragons. Their defenses and resistances are nice to have in a pinch.. and the fact that if you have one people are usually scared of you doesn't really hurt either."

A flick of her hair over her ear as she bit her lip, trying to think of another question.

"What is your favorite region? Mine is probably Unova or Kanto... Kanto becuase I grew up there.. but Unova because there is something nice about living in a region so far away from the others. It's just.. nice to be isolated sometimes."
( XD bahaha. And meanwhile.. we have Xanthia who hates Psychic types for various reasons XD)

Xanthia had to think on that for a while before smiling and speaking. "Actually, this might surprise you.. but I really like Ghost types. I guess i envy them a little too. They are definitely a handful, not for the rookie trainer.. and their are rumors of them eating people's souls and dreams. I guess i like the fact that they do pretty much whatever they want." She nodded. "I guess i envy the fact that they can do what they want and they are pretty much left alone for the most part." she paused for a second, thinking again. "Though my other favorite would probably be dragons. Their defenses and resistances are nice to have in a pinch.. and the fact that if you have one people are usually scared of you doesn't really hurt either."

A flick of her hair over her ear as she bit her lip, trying to think of another question.

"What is your favorite region? Mine is probably Unova or Kanto... Kanto becuase I grew up there.. but Unova because there is something nice about living in a region so far away from the others. It's just.. nice to be isolated sometimes."
"Um.... I've actually never been out of Sinnoh. I've just sort of traveled the whole thing, but I don't really have an easy means of leaving. I mean... I'm broke." He grinned sheepishly. "So, not exactly an... Accurate question, I guess." I mean, the region was a giant island. He couldn't pay for boat fare or a flight...

"But you favorite type is interesting," he added. "Ghost types... Don't see a ton of those around here, though I those ruins as a kid I think I spotted some."

He shoved his hands into his pockets. "Uh, favorite food?"
"Um.... I've actually never been out of Sinnoh. I've just sort of traveled the whole thing, but I don't really have an easy means of leaving. I mean... I'm broke." He grinned sheepishly. "So, not exactly an... Accurate question, I guess." I mean, the region was a giant island. He couldn't pay for boat fare or a flight...

"But you favorite type is interesting," he added. "Ghost types... Don't see a ton of those around here, though I those ruins as a kid I think I spotted some."

He shoved his hands into his pockets. "Uh, favorite food?"
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
It was interesting to learn that he'd never been outside of Sinnoh before. He must have not known that you could take pokemon across the skies or over the seas.. granted.. she had a much easier time of that than most people would.. being able to convey her feelings to pokemon ususally got them to help her temporarily. Actually back in hoenn she hadn't actually had a flying type pokemon on her team... he more just came around to carry her from place to place when she called.. for varied reasons. it wasn't illegal either.. a trainer didn't have to catch a pokemon for it to be considered theirs. As long as it was willing to fight for them in a battle... technically it was their pokemon.

She nodded, thinking about how ghosts swarmed around and ate misery. probably another reason why she liked them so much, they had hung around her quite often when she was a child. Feeding off Cyanna's misery no doubt.. Xanthia had just thought they were playing with her.

"I think i like berries best.. in particular the sour ones. I'm a big fan of tart things that make my mouth water."

She gazed aimlessly over the horizon as the sun started to rise.. and end to their questions.. at least she hoped so.. she couldn't think of anything else to ask without prying into his personal life. And it was good timing too, as the sun was staring to rise over the horizon.. which meant it would be far easier for them to find food.. and marigold for her wound.

She glanced from tree to tree, seeing several pokemon who marked the daytime starting to come out. Mostly grass types this early, spreading their leaves to the sun. A few sunkern and seedot cackled down at them from their perch high above them.

Reading their minds from this far was... extremely difficult.. and she could only get a few fuzzy linings.. something about food nearby.. and trainers.. something about dangerous something.. nope.. she was too far away to tell.

"I'm going to teach you a few tricks." She decided, turning back to Mason.

((we need to find a way to get them talking more about other things in their lives XD))
It was interesting to learn that he'd never been outside of Sinnoh before. He must have not known that you could take pokemon across the skies or over the seas.. granted.. she had a much easier time of that than most people would.. being able to convey her feelings to pokemon ususally got them to help her temporarily. Actually back in hoenn she hadn't actually had a flying type pokemon on her team... he more just came around to carry her from place to place when she called.. for varied reasons. it wasn't illegal either.. a trainer didn't have to catch a pokemon for it to be considered theirs. As long as it was willing to fight for them in a battle... technically it was their pokemon.

She nodded, thinking about how ghosts swarmed around and ate misery. probably another reason why she liked them so much, they had hung around her quite often when she was a child. Feeding off Cyanna's misery no doubt.. Xanthia had just thought they were playing with her.

"I think i like berries best.. in particular the sour ones. I'm a big fan of tart things that make my mouth water."

She gazed aimlessly over the horizon as the sun started to rise.. and end to their questions.. at least she hoped so.. she couldn't think of anything else to ask without prying into his personal life. And it was good timing too, as the sun was staring to rise over the horizon.. which meant it would be far easier for them to find food.. and marigold for her wound.

She glanced from tree to tree, seeing several pokemon who marked the daytime starting to come out. Mostly grass types this early, spreading their leaves to the sun. A few sunkern and seedot cackled down at them from their perch high above them.

Reading their minds from this far was... extremely difficult.. and she could only get a few fuzzy linings.. something about food nearby.. and trainers.. something about dangerous something.. nope.. she was too far away to tell.

"I'm going to teach you a few tricks." She decided, turning back to Mason.

((we need to find a way to get them talking more about other things in their lives XD))
(XD No kidding!)

Mason perked up. "Cool you seem like you'd have more than a few."

He knew he didn't have much to show her, except maybe how he and Luca could work together. He certainly wasn't showing off his crazy ability, not if he could help it... She'd just run away.

"Is it gonnabe fighting stuff or survival stuff?"
(XD No kidding!)

Mason perked up. "Cool you seem like you'd have more than a few."

He knew he didn't have much to show her, except maybe how he and Luca could work together. He certainly wasn't showing off his crazy ability, not if he could help it... She'd just run away.

"Is it gonnabe fighting stuff or survival stuff?"
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
(Sorry it was short! But if it's fighting stuff maybe then his powers could get revealed?)
(Sorry it was short! But if it's fighting stuff maybe then his powers could get revealed?)
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
(yeah, they are going to fight stuff, she's going to test how strong he is. Also, i totally thought about it, and i think TMs and HMs probably don't exist anymore.. i think pokemon who know certain moves can teach other pokemon them.. and that is how they learn TMs/Hms XD sound alright??)

"Survival is usually more important than fighting things.. but considering how you handled the situation with the ancient Skarmory.. i just wanted to see what you could do."

She didn't like the idea of fighting peaceful things in this area.. the grass types quite literally just out to frolic. She hated the idea of just attacking them.. so she had to find one who wanted to fight.

And they were in luck. A shift of some bushes as they veered to the left. A massive Ursaring emerged from the bushes, glaring down at them, his paws stained with berry juice. Oh.. good.. two birds with one stone. Ursaring were notoriously territorial.. and this one had been eating.. so if she read his mind.. she could probably find them something to eat. Honestly, she hated the idea of just attacking him as well, as he was just defending his territory.. but it was this or go back to the territory with the human haters.. which could be interesting. So instead, Xanthia communicated with the Ursaring from afar. It was far more difficult to communicate from a distance, and some of their message back and forth became jumbled. A request for a battle.. a faint trill of acceptance as the Ursaring toddled over to them.

"You'd better get ready. He's likely one of the stronger pokemon of the forest." She stated. "He might have some moves that you aren't prepared for."

Just in case, Xanthia decided to release one of her pokemon. Chitter, who glanced over at Xanthia with a Yawn, stretching and allowing her fire to suck in some warmth from the sun. Xanthia needed to change her arm bandage, and probably needed some of the berries from wherever the bear found them.

She waited for Mason to act, ready to step in if either side took things too far.
(yeah, they are going to fight stuff, she's going to test how strong he is. Also, i totally thought about it, and i think TMs and HMs probably don't exist anymore.. i think pokemon who know certain moves can teach other pokemon them.. and that is how they learn TMs/Hms XD sound alright??)

"Survival is usually more important than fighting things.. but considering how you handled the situation with the ancient Skarmory.. i just wanted to see what you could do."

She didn't like the idea of fighting peaceful things in this area.. the grass types quite literally just out to frolic. She hated the idea of just attacking them.. so she had to find one who wanted to fight.

And they were in luck. A shift of some bushes as they veered to the left. A massive Ursaring emerged from the bushes, glaring down at them, his paws stained with berry juice. Oh.. good.. two birds with one stone. Ursaring were notoriously territorial.. and this one had been eating.. so if she read his mind.. she could probably find them something to eat. Honestly, she hated the idea of just attacking him as well, as he was just defending his territory.. but it was this or go back to the territory with the human haters.. which could be interesting. So instead, Xanthia communicated with the Ursaring from afar. It was far more difficult to communicate from a distance, and some of their message back and forth became jumbled. A request for a battle.. a faint trill of acceptance as the Ursaring toddled over to them.

"You'd better get ready. He's likely one of the stronger pokemon of the forest." She stated. "He might have some moves that you aren't prepared for."

Just in case, Xanthia decided to release one of her pokemon. Chitter, who glanced over at Xanthia with a Yawn, stretching and allowing her fire to suck in some warmth from the sun. Xanthia needed to change her arm bandage, and probably needed some of the berries from wherever the bear found them.

She waited for Mason to act, ready to step in if either side took things too far.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20