Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 Rp with ImpossibleJedi4
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
Xanthia flicked her eyes towards Chitter and Felicity. Comparatively, the three of her had only been with her for a very short time.. if it was Luthien.. things might be different.

Honestly though, in her opinion it didn't matter how long the two had been together, only how good of a trainer he was. If he was one of those 'pokemon are pets' people who rarely existed in this world.. then the Lucario wouldn't be very powerful. if the Lucario.. Luca wasn't just a pet.. Xanthia wasn't below using all three of her pokemon against one of his. It wasn't like there were any rules against it anymore.. battles were hardly regulated anymore.

She snorted. "I am a threat.. just not to you. So long as you don't attack me that is." She froze as he asked her what her name was. No reason to go by her middle name anymore now that Cyanna knew she had been using it. "Xanthia." she stated. "And you are?"

She could easily get his name by touching one of his pokemon, but her abilities weren't necessarily something she wanted to expose to some random stranger any time soon. Maybe she should forget the dark type and catch a ghost. Or catch both.. a Sableye.. she felt a pit of dread in her stomach and shoved the approaching dark thoughts aside.

(have something neat planned for next post, their first encounter with the ancient pokemon XD)
Xanthia flicked her eyes towards Chitter and Felicity. Comparatively, the three of her had only been with her for a very short time.. if it was Luthien.. things might be different.

Honestly though, in her opinion it didn't matter how long the two had been together, only how good of a trainer he was. If he was one of those 'pokemon are pets' people who rarely existed in this world.. then the Lucario wouldn't be very powerful. if the Lucario.. Luca wasn't just a pet.. Xanthia wasn't below using all three of her pokemon against one of his. It wasn't like there were any rules against it anymore.. battles were hardly regulated anymore.

She snorted. "I am a threat.. just not to you. So long as you don't attack me that is." She froze as he asked her what her name was. No reason to go by her middle name anymore now that Cyanna knew she had been using it. "Xanthia." she stated. "And you are?"

She could easily get his name by touching one of his pokemon, but her abilities weren't necessarily something she wanted to expose to some random stranger any time soon. Maybe she should forget the dark type and catch a ghost. Or catch both.. a Sableye.. she felt a pit of dread in her stomach and shoved the approaching dark thoughts aside.

(have something neat planned for next post, their first encounter with the ancient pokemon XD)
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
(OOOH sounds cool!)

"I'm Mason Alexander." He stopped leaning against the wall and held out a hand. It wasn't exactly a warm gesture, but at least it wasn't a fight.

Luca stood down, her snarl disappearing, but her Crimson eyes still wary and missing nothing. Saltare, however, just scampered with up to the Infernape and sniffed her. "Saltare! ... Oh I guess trying to make a friend or two won't hurt." He gave a half smile. Seemed like only children were the ones still trying to make friends any more. Funny, because he would have been considered a child if the world had still been normal.

(He's actually quite a bit younger than her, he just looks a bit older and has learned to act it. He's a teenager. ;) )
(OOOH sounds cool!)

"I'm Mason Alexander." He stopped leaning against the wall and held out a hand. It wasn't exactly a warm gesture, but at least it wasn't a fight.

Luca stood down, her snarl disappearing, but her Crimson eyes still wary and missing nothing. Saltare, however, just scampered with up to the Infernape and sniffed her. "Saltare! ... Oh I guess trying to make a friend or two won't hurt." He gave a half smile. Seemed like only children were the ones still trying to make friends any more. Funny, because he would have been considered a child if the world had still been normal.

(He's actually quite a bit younger than her, he just looks a bit older and has learned to act it. He's a teenager. ;) )
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
(ooh i thought he was older XD bahaha, welp, that is interesting to learn :D i hope he is at least 18?? I might knock off a few years from her profile if he's younger. Mainly because if he's much younger than her she will start treating him as such and calling him a child.. probably doing motherly things to him too because she has been around the block and acts older than she is as well. Also I am aware that normally Skarmory can't use Hyper Beam.. it was just rather important that this one could shoot lazers so i figured it would be alright XD also in this version.)

A first and last name. Clearly he wasn't famous or well known in any sense. Interesting though.. that apparently he'd been at it for over ten years.. and he had only two evolved pokemon to show for it. Maybe he wasn't much of a battler. She'd evolved more pokemon than she could count...or remember thanks to Arceus. his Lucario was surprisingly old. She'd never heard of one who had lived beyond ten years.. probably because they all got killed before they could. After this, she grasped his hand and shook it for only a moment, and then put her hand behind her back.

Of course, the Lucario's suspicion wasn't lost on Xanthia. The Lucario was slightly smarter than her trainer by not letting her guard down. True she wasn't going to attack a person with a baby pokemon... but some people in this world would. She'd lost a few freshly hatched pokemon due to people who had attacked her. She'd sworn off hatching pokemon eggs after the second one had been pierced in the heart by a Seviper.

The Shinx.. Saltare.. sprinted up towards them, and Infernape's head flame burst up slightly for a moment, preparing for an attack before she realized she was just being sniffed. At this point she lost interest in the tiny creature at her feet, eyes cast towards the Lucario. Luca would make a nice sparring partner.

Xanthia froze, unable to breathe for a moment as a pressure filled the air. A horrifying sense of foreboding.. pain.. fear.. and loss filled the air. A furious roar shook the crumbling building, knocking out one of the windows. No no no no no.. not here.. not here!!! Without a word to Mason, she sprinted out of the building, Chitter and Felicity following in close proximity.

What met her eyes filled her entire body with dread. At first she thought it was a dragon, the way its lithe body curled.. but then she saw how it was made of shimmering silver plates, its wings made of red feathers shaped like knives. Xanthia had been around these creatures long enough to know that this was a Scarmory. She felt a twinge of unease.. was this.. her scarmory?? Recoiling slightly.. she watched the massive creature move as it trained its soul-less black eyes on her face. It let out an unholy roar, unable to even have the semblance to speak its own name anymore. Even if it was her own Skarmory.. she had to put it out of its misery. She had to stop it before it destroyed everything.. herself included.

The beast turned on her.. and in turn.. Mason and raised its tail, gathering a beam of energy at its mouth. Xanthia took a flying leap to the side as the Skarmory fired off a Hyper Beam, vaporizing a good chunk of the building she'd just been inside. She could feel the sheer heat of the move even from far away.

"Chitter!" Xanthia called.

Chitter was already leaping towards the creature, firing off a rather impressive flamethrower, her entire body coating in flames as she performed a Flame charge to raise her speed.

Felicity remained on Xanthia's shoulder, wings quavering nervously.
(ooh i thought he was older XD bahaha, welp, that is interesting to learn :D i hope he is at least 18?? I might knock off a few years from her profile if he's younger. Mainly because if he's much younger than her she will start treating him as such and calling him a child.. probably doing motherly things to him too because she has been around the block and acts older than she is as well. Also I am aware that normally Skarmory can't use Hyper Beam.. it was just rather important that this one could shoot lazers so i figured it would be alright XD also in this version.)

A first and last name. Clearly he wasn't famous or well known in any sense. Interesting though.. that apparently he'd been at it for over ten years.. and he had only two evolved pokemon to show for it. Maybe he wasn't much of a battler. She'd evolved more pokemon than she could count...or remember thanks to Arceus. his Lucario was surprisingly old. She'd never heard of one who had lived beyond ten years.. probably because they all got killed before they could. After this, she grasped his hand and shook it for only a moment, and then put her hand behind her back.

Of course, the Lucario's suspicion wasn't lost on Xanthia. The Lucario was slightly smarter than her trainer by not letting her guard down. True she wasn't going to attack a person with a baby pokemon... but some people in this world would. She'd lost a few freshly hatched pokemon due to people who had attacked her. She'd sworn off hatching pokemon eggs after the second one had been pierced in the heart by a Seviper.

The Shinx.. Saltare.. sprinted up towards them, and Infernape's head flame burst up slightly for a moment, preparing for an attack before she realized she was just being sniffed. At this point she lost interest in the tiny creature at her feet, eyes cast towards the Lucario. Luca would make a nice sparring partner.

Xanthia froze, unable to breathe for a moment as a pressure filled the air. A horrifying sense of foreboding.. pain.. fear.. and loss filled the air. A furious roar shook the crumbling building, knocking out one of the windows. No no no no no.. not here.. not here!!! Without a word to Mason, she sprinted out of the building, Chitter and Felicity following in close proximity.

What met her eyes filled her entire body with dread. At first she thought it was a dragon, the way its lithe body curled.. but then she saw how it was made of shimmering silver plates, its wings made of red feathers shaped like knives. Xanthia had been around these creatures long enough to know that this was a Scarmory. She felt a twinge of unease.. was this.. her scarmory?? Recoiling slightly.. she watched the massive creature move as it trained its soul-less black eyes on her face. It let out an unholy roar, unable to even have the semblance to speak its own name anymore. Even if it was her own Skarmory.. she had to put it out of its misery. She had to stop it before it destroyed everything.. herself included.

The beast turned on her.. and in turn.. Mason and raised its tail, gathering a beam of energy at its mouth. Xanthia took a flying leap to the side as the Skarmory fired off a Hyper Beam, vaporizing a good chunk of the building she'd just been inside. She could feel the sheer heat of the move even from far away.

"Chitter!" Xanthia called.

Chitter was already leaping towards the creature, firing off a rather impressive flamethrower, her entire body coating in flames as she performed a Flame charge to raise her speed.

Felicity remained on Xanthia's shoulder, wings quavering nervously.
(Yeah im saying he's turning 18 very soon. ;)
And that would be kind of funny, him getting all grouchy because he is NOT A KID. XD
And AH oh well, maybe reverting to their encient form unlocks new powers? And I apologize if I get the names of attacks and stuff wrong, it's been so very long. XD I'm pretty familiar with Lucario's attacks because of the game, trading cards, and Super Smash bros, but I'll look up the others'! :D

Also, should Mason's powers be demonstrated here? Or save until later?)

"Mason Alexander Smith," he had ammended, trying to sound impressive. Soon after, though, she and his team were dodging chunks of rubble as they escaped the building. Luca closed her eyes and focused on the angry energy from outside.

It's an Ancient, brother, she conceded grimly. Should we engage it?

"No, we should run!" he yelped, diving after Xanthia. Saltare was clutched to his chest and Barb, who still hadn't made a sound, followed swiftly, now looking irritated. Luca was focusing her energy as she watched the Infernape rush the warped Skarmory.
(Yeah im saying he's turning 18 very soon. ;)
And that would be kind of funny, him getting all grouchy because he is NOT A KID. XD
And AH oh well, maybe reverting to their encient form unlocks new powers? And I apologize if I get the names of attacks and stuff wrong, it's been so very long. XD I'm pretty familiar with Lucario's attacks because of the game, trading cards, and Super Smash bros, but I'll look up the others'! :D

Also, should Mason's powers be demonstrated here? Or save until later?)

"Mason Alexander Smith," he had ammended, trying to sound impressive. Soon after, though, she and his team were dodging chunks of rubble as they escaped the building. Luca closed her eyes and focused on the angry energy from outside.

It's an Ancient, brother, she conceded grimly. Should we engage it?

"No, we should run!" he yelped, diving after Xanthia. Saltare was clutched to his chest and Barb, who still hadn't made a sound, followed swiftly, now looking irritated. Luca was focusing her energy as she watched the Infernape rush the warped Skarmory.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
(Oh okay.. sounds good. How do you also feel about pokemon not being limited to four moves.. like they can probably control how much fire they use.. if they use flamethrower they can probably use ember.. or in the case of lucario.. she could probably mix together two different attacks like a punch and a kick. Since they are fighting i feel like things would be more chaotic.. and since pokemon aren't regulated anymore there is no one to stop them from using less than legal moves.)

And.. then Mason was behind her.. saying something about running. Even if it was possible to escape from this creature.. she would never just leave it alive. She could never live with herself if she discovered one of the reverted beasts had killed people.. or pokemon.

Either way.. it was too fast to escape from.. even if she wanted to... they were going to have to kill it. "Felicity."

Xanthia's Crobat soared through the air, supersonic bursting from her mouth and hitting the Skarmory, who roared and slammed face first into a building instead of hitting Chitter.

"Don't just stand there!" Xanthia turned back to Mason. "Get that Lucario of yours to help!" A stream of light came from her side as she released her third member of her team. The Gastrodon gazed slowly up at the Skarmory before blinking twice and shooting off an ice beam from her mouth.

The creature turned, this time managing to swat Felicity out of the air with one of her wings, causing the Crobat to slam into the ground rather violently. A curse from Xanthia as she weaved over to the battlefield, digging through her bag for a mixture of berries to heal her pokemon. A sickening snap as the beast whipped around and hit her Infernape as well, though Chitter didn't fall back, her flames surging up to scorch the creature.
(Oh okay.. sounds good. How do you also feel about pokemon not being limited to four moves.. like they can probably control how much fire they use.. if they use flamethrower they can probably use ember.. or in the case of lucario.. she could probably mix together two different attacks like a punch and a kick. Since they are fighting i feel like things would be more chaotic.. and since pokemon aren't regulated anymore there is no one to stop them from using less than legal moves.)

And.. then Mason was behind her.. saying something about running. Even if it was possible to escape from this creature.. she would never just leave it alive. She could never live with herself if she discovered one of the reverted beasts had killed people.. or pokemon.

Either way.. it was too fast to escape from.. even if she wanted to... they were going to have to kill it. "Felicity."

Xanthia's Crobat soared through the air, supersonic bursting from her mouth and hitting the Skarmory, who roared and slammed face first into a building instead of hitting Chitter.

"Don't just stand there!" Xanthia turned back to Mason. "Get that Lucario of yours to help!" A stream of light came from her side as she released her third member of her team. The Gastrodon gazed slowly up at the Skarmory before blinking twice and shooting off an ice beam from her mouth.

The creature turned, this time managing to swat Felicity out of the air with one of her wings, causing the Crobat to slam into the ground rather violently. A curse from Xanthia as she weaved over to the battlefield, digging through her bag for a mixture of berries to heal her pokemon. A sickening snap as the beast whipped around and hit her Infernape as well, though Chitter didn't fall back, her flames surging up to scorch the creature.
(Yeah I was thinking about that, they never seemed so limited in the show or movies! XD)

Mason nodded quickly at Luca. "You know what sequence of moves to use."

Instead of calling out singular moves like trainers typically did, these two had a system in which they just spoke of sequences. They knew combos to defeat Pokemon of all types... Assuming they were at or below the same level.

Luca let out a feral snarl and leapt into the air. A purple beam shot from her open mouth, electricity crackling and spitting as it hit the Skarmory. Dragon pulse.
(Yeah I was thinking about that, they never seemed so limited in the show or movies! XD)

Mason nodded quickly at Luca. "You know what sequence of moves to use."

Instead of calling out singular moves like trainers typically did, these two had a system in which they just spoke of sequences. They knew combos to defeat Pokemon of all types... Assuming they were at or below the same level.

Luca let out a feral snarl and leapt into the air. A purple beam shot from her open mouth, electricity crackling and spitting as it hit the Skarmory. Dragon pulse.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
The Skarmory only looked slightly annoyed by the dragon move as it glanced harmlessly off its scales. It roared and flicked its wings, tossing several knife-like feathers in the direction of the trainers.. and Luca.

Using yet another flame charge, Chitter managed to intervene, scarcely in time, the knife glancing off her arm and cutting right through her white fur. A stream of blood came from her arm and she held it with her other arm, hissing slightly, fangs flashing.

A flinch and curse from Xanthia as she finished treating her Crobat. "Put it to sleep."

Crobat soared into the air, a bit slower than before. She focused and got the Skarmory to start following her before getting right in its face and shooting off a Hypnosis. The world distorted around its mouth, and the Skarmory stumbled backwards, slamming into the same building it had used hyper beam on moments before. The building had enough abuse and came crumbling down, pinning the Skarmory beneath the rubble. However, the creature was still alive.. evident by its etherial screech and the way it was scratching away at the rocks. At this rate it would get free.. so they had to work quickly.

"Sunny Day..."

Crobat flung a small ball of energy into the air, it glowed and lit up the entire area, rising slowly into the air.. it was warm.. like a miniature sun. Chitter's fire burst up stronger at the heat.

Hesitating for a moment, Chitter exhaled a stream of fire. The Skarmory let out an unholy screeching sound as its body started to melt due to the sheer heat of the move. And before long, the creature lay still, its legs having turned into a pool of liquid metal.

Chitter fell back slightly as soon as she had finished, holding her arm.

Xanthia hurried over to her pokemon and started treating her, hands shaking. Zera slid up behind her and rested her head on Xanthia's shoulder as if trying to comfort her. Crobat quickly ended the sunny day, so to not grab more attention to their location, and then came to land on Xanthia's head, quivering from the intense battle.

"We got lucky that time. We will need another team mate.. and need to train harder.. any one of your could have died." Xanthia spoke to her pokemon.
The Skarmory only looked slightly annoyed by the dragon move as it glanced harmlessly off its scales. It roared and flicked its wings, tossing several knife-like feathers in the direction of the trainers.. and Luca.

Using yet another flame charge, Chitter managed to intervene, scarcely in time, the knife glancing off her arm and cutting right through her white fur. A stream of blood came from her arm and she held it with her other arm, hissing slightly, fangs flashing.

A flinch and curse from Xanthia as she finished treating her Crobat. "Put it to sleep."

Crobat soared into the air, a bit slower than before. She focused and got the Skarmory to start following her before getting right in its face and shooting off a Hypnosis. The world distorted around its mouth, and the Skarmory stumbled backwards, slamming into the same building it had used hyper beam on moments before. The building had enough abuse and came crumbling down, pinning the Skarmory beneath the rubble. However, the creature was still alive.. evident by its etherial screech and the way it was scratching away at the rocks. At this rate it would get free.. so they had to work quickly.

"Sunny Day..."

Crobat flung a small ball of energy into the air, it glowed and lit up the entire area, rising slowly into the air.. it was warm.. like a miniature sun. Chitter's fire burst up stronger at the heat.

Hesitating for a moment, Chitter exhaled a stream of fire. The Skarmory let out an unholy screeching sound as its body started to melt due to the sheer heat of the move. And before long, the creature lay still, its legs having turned into a pool of liquid metal.

Chitter fell back slightly as soon as she had finished, holding her arm.

Xanthia hurried over to her pokemon and started treating her, hands shaking. Zera slid up behind her and rested her head on Xanthia's shoulder as if trying to comfort her. Crobat quickly ended the sunny day, so to not grab more attention to their location, and then came to land on Xanthia's head, quivering from the intense battle.

"We got lucky that time. We will need another team mate.. and need to train harder.. any one of your could have died." Xanthia spoke to her pokemon.
Luca looked almost disappointed in her failure. She knew better moves. Her best, though, she could only save for if Mason got hurt. They'd argued about that in the past but she had utterly insisted.

"Sorry I wasn't more of a help," Mason muttered, brushing debris from his clothes unhappily. "I could've done something I just wasn't fast enough." Luca patted his shoulder with a paw, then dipped her head at Xanthia and her team.

Thank you. My brother, friends, and I owe you our lives.

"We could've done it!" Mason protested, but Luca silenced him with a glare. "Okay okay! Thank you!" The two really were like siblings.
Luca looked almost disappointed in her failure. She knew better moves. Her best, though, she could only save for if Mason got hurt. They'd argued about that in the past but she had utterly insisted.

"Sorry I wasn't more of a help," Mason muttered, brushing debris from his clothes unhappily. "I could've done something I just wasn't fast enough." Luca patted his shoulder with a paw, then dipped her head at Xanthia and her team.

Thank you. My brother, friends, and I owe you our lives.

"We could've done it!" Mason protested, but Luca silenced him with a glare. "Okay okay! Thank you!" The two really were like siblings.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Xanthia shifted slightly, turning to glance at the Lucario as she looked disappointed, and Mason echoed those sentiments. Xanthia heaved a sigh, shaking her head slightly.

"It's fine. You're just a kid. It was rash of me to assume you would know how to combat one pf those anyways." she stated, dipping her head in response to the Lucario. "we got lucky that time."

Silence stretched between them for a moment as Xanthia placed her forehead against Chitter's forehead. They connected and Xanthia received some of the Infernape's pain, taking it on herself so her pokemon would not hurt as much.

She pulled away before embracing Zera and returning her to her apricorn in a flash of light. Another stream of light and chitter was resting safety in her pokeball. Felicits remained out, stretching her limbs and allowing Xanthia to continue treating her wounds.

"We had better get out of here before something bad happens." and by that she meant they had better go before their display attracted too much attention from vicious wild pokemon or trainers.
Xanthia shifted slightly, turning to glance at the Lucario as she looked disappointed, and Mason echoed those sentiments. Xanthia heaved a sigh, shaking her head slightly.

"It's fine. You're just a kid. It was rash of me to assume you would know how to combat one pf those anyways." she stated, dipping her head in response to the Lucario. "we got lucky that time."

Silence stretched between them for a moment as Xanthia placed her forehead against Chitter's forehead. They connected and Xanthia received some of the Infernape's pain, taking it on herself so her pokemon would not hurt as much.

She pulled away before embracing Zera and returning her to her apricorn in a flash of light. Another stream of light and chitter was resting safety in her pokeball. Felicits remained out, stretching her limbs and allowing Xanthia to continue treating her wounds.

"We had better get out of here before something bad happens." and by that she meant they had better go before their display attracted too much attention from vicious wild pokemon or trainers.
Mason bit back an angrier retort. "I'm almost an adult. And yes I've found them before, just not when I was already surprised by SOMEONE ELSE." He glared at her. He recalled both Saltare and Barb to their Apricorns, placing both carefully into his bag. Luca strode beside him as they set off.

"Where should we go?" He was too tired to strike out on his own again. "And when you touched your Infernape, why did you flinch?"
Mason bit back an angrier retort. "I'm almost an adult. And yes I've found them before, just not when I was already surprised by SOMEONE ELSE." He glared at her. He recalled both Saltare and Barb to their Apricorns, placing both carefully into his bag. Luca strode beside him as they set off.

"Where should we go?" He was too tired to strike out on his own again. "And when you touched your Infernape, why did you flinch?"
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20