Roleplay
Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Forest of Nocens ((OPEN!))
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 192 193
[b][center]THE LORE OF NOCENS[/center][/b] [center][img]http://teamfamilyonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/wolf-with-antlers-in-a-dark-forest.jpg[/img][/center] [center]The Forest of Nocens is a forest of the untamed North. Creatures in this forest vary from werewolves to wendigos to vampires to sprites. Many humans fear these woods and even fewer venture into them to be never seen again. Though the creatures in these woods hate the humans for their discrimination, they live happily with one another, ruled by the Wendigo of the north. But just like any civilization, it has its quirks, many of the Wendigos believe they are better than other monsters, and many of them hold high positions of authority in their towns. 'Weaker' creatures like sprites and druids are often seen as lower in the social hierarchy. But you may be asking now, what do you have to do with this? You are a growing beast in this forest, friends will be made, yet so will enemies. Enjoy this amazing world of randomness! [/center] Pinglist: @Psybug @ragwilt @residentlunatic @annekin @breksta Hierarchy [u]thus far[/u]: Wendigos-lesser and greater Vampires, greater demons werewolves, sasquatches, lesser demons, snake-beasts Human-based monsters, Druids, sprites The world of the Forest of the Nocens has many beasts and these are just the ones I came up with at the top of my head, so if you want me to add a creature/being just let me know! :) If you have any questions just ask.
THE LORE OF NOCENS
wolf-with-antlers-in-a-dark-forest.jpg
The Forest of Nocens is a forest of the untamed North. Creatures in this forest vary from werewolves to wendigos to vampires to sprites. Many humans fear these woods and even fewer venture into them to be never seen again. Though the creatures in these woods hate the humans for their discrimination, they live happily with one another, ruled by the Wendigo of the north. But just like any civilization, it has its quirks, many of the Wendigos believe they are better than other monsters, and many of them hold high positions of authority in their towns. 'Weaker' creatures like sprites and druids are often seen as lower in the social hierarchy. But you may be asking now, what do you have to do with this? You are a growing beast in this forest, friends will be made, yet so will enemies. Enjoy this amazing world of randomness!
Pinglist: @Psybug @ragwilt @residentlunatic @annekin @breksta
Hierarchy thus far:
Wendigos-lesser and greater
Vampires, greater demons
werewolves, sasquatches, lesser demons, snake-beasts
Human-based monsters,
Druids, sprites

The world of the Forest of the Nocens has many beasts and these are just the ones I came up with at the top of my head, so if you want me to add a creature/being just let me know! :) If you have any questions just ask.
+3 hours ahead of FR time Please ping me in replies
@residentlunatic (just sayin, ur username is aweseom xD)
You can totally be a spring-heeled jack! Demons are being added to the hierarchy
to make a character you need
Name:
Age: (if creature/being doesn't age just out what age looks like)
Creature/being:
Appearance/forms:
Other:
@residentlunatic (just sayin, ur username is aweseom xD)
You can totally be a spring-heeled jack! Demons are being added to the hierarchy
to make a character you need
Name:
Age: (if creature/being doesn't age just out what age looks like)
Creature/being:
Appearance/forms:
Other:
@Psybug (thanks yours is pretty cool too.) (just to be clear the spring-heeled jack is just the name of an individual demon. Technically speaking he's a lesser demon) [b]Name:[/b] Jack (the spring-heeled part came from his jumping abilities) [b]Age:[/b] He appears to be about 32-ish (maturity wise, adult) [b]Creature/being:[/b] Lesser demon (he more humanoid, and has fewer demonic powers than a greater demon) [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Personality:[/b] He's cocky and mildly flirtatious regardless of gender, he's hot-headed, and silver-tonged. He's oddly comical, he likes dropping a bad pun here and there. [b]Appearance/forms:[/b] [img]http://img14.deviantart.net/dfd6/i/2012/187/d/d/spring_heeled_jack_by_chrisrawlins-d567j46.jpg[/img] (the fantastic art is sadly not mine) [b]Other: [/b] He can leap to an astounding height, taller than most buildings. He can breath fire to a certain extent (he sort or belches super hot flames) he has a prominent English accent, he was born in London. He likes terrorizing humans.
@Psybug (thanks yours is pretty cool too.) (just to be clear the spring-heeled jack is just the name of an individual demon. Technically speaking he's a lesser demon)

Name: Jack (the spring-heeled part came from his jumping abilities)
Age: He appears to be about 32-ish (maturity wise, adult)
Creature/being: Lesser demon (he more humanoid, and has fewer demonic powers than a greater demon)
Personality: He's cocky and mildly flirtatious regardless of gender, he's hot-headed, and silver-tonged. He's oddly comical, he likes dropping a bad pun here and there.
Appearance/forms: spring_heeled_jack_by_chrisrawlins-d567j46.jpg (the fantastic art is sadly not mine)
Other: He can leap to an astounding height, taller than most buildings. He can breath fire to a certain extent (he sort or belches super hot flames) he has a prominent English accent, he was born in London. He likes terrorizing humans.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
@Psybug (what era ans country is this taking place in?)

A figure trudged towards the forest clutching his, the iron like claws adorning his gloves biting into the already injured flesh of his side. To anyone standing at a distance he looked like a regular man, if not a bit taller than usual, but up close one would be able to see the inhuman gold of his eyes, now cloudy from blood loss. He clenched his animistic fangs as he limped into the trees, his onyx colored blood mixed with the chilled rain as it dribbled at an alarming rate through the fabric of his shirt and overcoat.

He was a fool for going out alone and he knew it but he loved the rain and after the fight he'd had with several of the greater demons he'd needed to get away from the forest and the stupidly cliquish creatures that claimed blood superiority over him. So he'd wandered out of safety and into a small city, he knew that as long as his hands remained in his coat pockets and his eyes down cast he would be fine. Unfortunately he's felt the need to climb up to a roof top, and by climb I mean jump onto the roof in one bound. A man witnessed this amazing feat of agility and was so awe struck he immediately shot the figure with his shotgun. The young demon fell off the roof, effectively drawing unnecessary attention to himself. A woman near him shrieked as she caught the hellish glitter in his eyes. "He's got eyes like the devil!" Jack hoisted himself up grunting as the shot pellets shifted deeper into his muscles.

Jack moaned softly as his legs gave out, he collapsed on the forest floor his eyes cast skyward. His hat flew from his head and rolled to a stop a few inches from him, his curly mane of raven hair dripped with water and sweat despite the bitter chill in the air. He cried out for someone, anyone. He wasn't ready to die, he shifted in an attempt to rise once more. The silver shot pellets dug in deeper, and elicited a sharp howl of pain. Tears rolled down his pale cheeks as the demon felt the end drawing nearer.
@Psybug (what era ans country is this taking place in?)

A figure trudged towards the forest clutching his, the iron like claws adorning his gloves biting into the already injured flesh of his side. To anyone standing at a distance he looked like a regular man, if not a bit taller than usual, but up close one would be able to see the inhuman gold of his eyes, now cloudy from blood loss. He clenched his animistic fangs as he limped into the trees, his onyx colored blood mixed with the chilled rain as it dribbled at an alarming rate through the fabric of his shirt and overcoat.

He was a fool for going out alone and he knew it but he loved the rain and after the fight he'd had with several of the greater demons he'd needed to get away from the forest and the stupidly cliquish creatures that claimed blood superiority over him. So he'd wandered out of safety and into a small city, he knew that as long as his hands remained in his coat pockets and his eyes down cast he would be fine. Unfortunately he's felt the need to climb up to a roof top, and by climb I mean jump onto the roof in one bound. A man witnessed this amazing feat of agility and was so awe struck he immediately shot the figure with his shotgun. The young demon fell off the roof, effectively drawing unnecessary attention to himself. A woman near him shrieked as she caught the hellish glitter in his eyes. "He's got eyes like the devil!" Jack hoisted himself up grunting as the shot pellets shifted deeper into his muscles.

Jack moaned softly as his legs gave out, he collapsed on the forest floor his eyes cast skyward. His hat flew from his head and rolled to a stop a few inches from him, his curly mane of raven hair dripped with water and sweat despite the bitter chill in the air. He cried out for someone, anyone. He wasn't ready to die, he shifted in an attempt to rise once more. The silver shot pellets dug in deeper, and elicited a sharp howl of pain. Tears rolled down his pale cheeks as the demon felt the end drawing nearer.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
@residentlunatic (late 1900's but some places of the forest are 21st century or ancient) Name: Ictus Ferreous Age: 36 (maturity-wise still teenager) Creature/being: Lesser Wendigo Gender: Female Personality: Sly, jumpy, sarcastic, kind, short-tempered, clever Appearance/forms:[img]http://img04.deviantart.net/b5fc/i/2014/154/1/f/wendigo_by_genzoman-d7kvwbn.jpg[/img](not mine) Other: She is against the discrimination and claims many tall tales, such as her ribs being an xylophone she crashed into and was impaled with. Her friends often are people tollerative of her tales and are ok with her jumpy attitude. Ictus was walking through the woods, Jack had said he's come round for tea, but he never showed. [i]Probably went frolicking in the rain, alone, again. [/i] She emerged from the wood and looked around, she saw her friend tear-faced as he fell on the ground, she ran over quickly and looked down at him, "A little birdy told me you were being an idiot, again," she said lightly, as if it were an inside-joke. She grabbed her friend and gently picked him up, jogging swiftly back to the village medic who was a treezard. (treezard- http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterlegends/images/b/b6/Treezard-fase3.png/revision/latest?cb=20130825104710 )
@residentlunatic (late 1900's but some places of the forest are 21st century or ancient)
Name: Ictus Ferreous
Creature/being: Lesser Wendigo
Personality: Sly, jumpy, sarcastic, kind, short-tempered, clever
Appearance/forms:wendigo_by_genzoman-d7kvwbn.jpg(not mine)

Other: She is against the discrimination and claims many tall tales, such as her ribs being an xylophone she crashed into and was impaled with. Her friends often are people tollerative of her tales and are ok with her jumpy attitude.
Ictus was walking through the woods, Jack had said he's come round for tea, but he never showed. Probably went frolicking in the rain, alone, again. She emerged from the wood and looked around, she saw her friend tear-faced as he fell on the ground, she ran over quickly and looked down at him, "A little birdy told me you were being an idiot, again," she said lightly, as if it were an inside-joke. She grabbed her friend and gently picked him up, jogging swiftly back to the village medic who was a treezard.
(treezard- http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterlegends/images/b/b6/Treezard-fase3.png/revision/latest?cb=20130825104710 )
@Psybug

He found himself pressed against her chest and ribs, and had he not been on the verge of death he probably would have protested loudly, after all this was a compromising position for both of them. He gripped her arms like a life line, " Oh, 'ello love. No I wasn't being an idiot, just dying to get close to you." He attempted a laugh but it quickly fizzled into a blood filled cough, and then to a pitiful moan. "I-I need you to get me something, I need-" His sentence was cut short as his head lolled to the side allowing the blackout to envelope him like a cloak.
@Psybug

He found himself pressed against her chest and ribs, and had he not been on the verge of death he probably would have protested loudly, after all this was a compromising position for both of them. He gripped her arms like a life line, " Oh, 'ello love. No I wasn't being an idiot, just dying to get close to you." He attempted a laugh but it quickly fizzled into a blood filled cough, and then to a pitiful moan. "I-I need you to get me something, I need-" His sentence was cut short as his head lolled to the side allowing the blackout to envelope him like a cloak.
foto_1.png
@residentlunatic @psybug
Name: Fang
Creature/being: Greater Wendigo
Personality: angry, aggressive, protective and loyal
Appearance/forms: Like this, except is near 6 feet when standing. In the winter, he grows a ruff of fur near his neck.
Other: He speaks rudimentary english, choosing to live on his own in a cave under a tree stump than with other wendigo. He's wary of others at first, unless they offer him food. Anyone willing to feed a wendigo is alright in his book.
@residentlunatic @psybug
Name: Fang
Creature/being: Greater Wendigo
Personality: angry, aggressive, protective and loyal
Appearance/forms: Like this, except is near 6 feet when standing. In the winter, he grows a ruff of fur near his neck.
Other: He speaks rudimentary english, choosing to live on his own in a cave under a tree stump than with other wendigo. He's wary of others at first, unless they offer him food. Anyone willing to feed a wendigo is alright in his book.
1E7BpaA.png
tumblr_inline_ojq6kydAev1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_oufwytVz5G1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png he/him|18|kinnie catboy supreme
nya-rcoleptic
@psybug @Breksta (I'm gonna add in a few more people and I was hoping you could add in spirits?) [b]Name:[/b] Troy [b]Age:[/b] appears to be 26-7 (maturity young adult/teenager) [b]Creature/being:[/b] Vampire [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Personality:[/b] Sweet, loyal, a bit cowardly, friendly, good listener, sassy, confident. [b]Appearance/forms:[/b][img]http://www.vampirebibliographica.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/MaleVampire.jpg[/img] (not mine) [b]Other: [/b] Troy is the owner of a pub in the forest called Cruor Frater, Latin for blood brother. He lives in a room above the bar. He hates blood discrimination, or any kind of discrimination. Troy is bisexual, and he often disagreed with his father who was killed four years ago. Troy still feels guilty.
@psybug @Breksta (I'm gonna add in a few more people and I was hoping you could add in spirits?)

Name: Troy
Creature/being: Vampire
Personality: Sweet, loyal, a bit cowardly, friendly, good listener, sassy, confident.
Appearance/forms:MaleVampire.jpg (not mine)
Other: Troy is the owner of a pub in the forest called Cruor Frater, Latin for blood brother. He lives in a room above the bar. He hates blood discrimination, or any kind of discrimination. Troy is bisexual, and he often disagreed with his father who was killed four years ago. Troy still feels guilty.
foto_1.png
@psybug @Breksta

"Fang?" Troy stopped a respectful distance from the Whendigo's lair, "I've brought you a few different kinds of entrées I'm going to be serving. Like Buffalo wings, chicken club, and some others, I was hoping you'd try them." The vampire felt his stomach flip he had good reason to be nervous, he was pestering one of the greatest creatures in the forest but Jack wasn't about and he was frankly to scared of Logan to bug her.
@psybug @Breksta

"Fang?" Troy stopped a respectful distance from the Whendigo's lair, "I've brought you a few different kinds of entrées I'm going to be serving. Like Buffalo wings, chicken club, and some others, I was hoping you'd try them." The vampire felt his stomach flip he had good reason to be nervous, he was pestering one of the greatest creatures in the forest but Jack wasn't about and he was frankly to scared of Logan to bug her.
foto_1.png
Name:Silvia
Personality: Bright, cheerful, kind to all ranks but the lowest, who she thinks are filthy compared to her species pure nature. Very naive and childish
Appearance/forms: Usually a white fawn, being a young Wendigo, and appears healthy all accept her showing ribs and bone on her back left leg above the hoof.
Other: Has a protective mother who lets her child be free, but the second she scenes her daughter's danger... it's not pretty
@residentlunatic @psybug @Breksta
Name:Silvia
Personality: Bright, cheerful, kind to all ranks but the lowest, who she thinks are filthy compared to her species pure nature. Very naive and childish
Appearance/forms: Usually a white fawn, being a young Wendigo, and appears healthy all accept her showing ribs and bone on her back left leg above the hoof.
Other: Has a protective mother who lets her child be free, but the second she scenes her daughter's danger... it's not pretty
@residentlunatic @psybug @Breksta
zEDF7LI.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 192 193