Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [RoR] Choose Your Way to the Wyrmwound
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22
[b]Username[/b]: Nyctea [b]Dragon name[/b]: Arbol [b]Dragon Picture[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14795052] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/147951/14795052_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Personality (at least three sentences)[/b]: Arbol is plague born with shade in her heart. She's quiet, super sneaky for her size, and is the clans partial ambassador. She's headstrong and doesn't know fear, which is often why she's send to other territories that the weak would not attempt. Arbol is often sent to reassure Ally clans that lie in the Tangled Wood and The Scared Wasteland but not often to other clans, leaving the other half of her duties to keeping the clans borders patrolled. Long story short another tidbit is instead of a heart she has that lantern/light thing. If the light goes out she dies ayy. She can light the candles on her wings on comand [b]When you are on FR[/b]: Pretty frequent [b]How often you can post[/b]: I'm on everyday so pretty frequent :> [b]Other[/b]: Oysterrr. Also question - is this the actual thread or just where all the forms go? [size=2]@FloatingInSpace
Username: Nyctea
Dragon name: Arbol
Dragon Picture:
14795052_350.png

Personality (at least three sentences): Arbol is plague born with shade in her heart. She's quiet, super sneaky for her size, and is the clans partial ambassador. She's headstrong and doesn't know fear, which is often why she's send to other territories that the weak would not attempt. Arbol is often sent to reassure Ally clans that lie in the Tangled Wood and The Scared Wasteland but not often to other clans, leaving the other half of her duties to keeping the clans borders patrolled. Long story short another tidbit is instead of a heart she has that lantern/light thing. If the light goes out she dies ayy. She can light the candles on her wings on comand
When you are on FR: Pretty frequent
How often you can post: I'm on everyday so pretty frequent :>
Other: Oysterrr. Also question - is this the actual thread or just where all the forms go?
@FloatingInSpace
790f87b2b205f5a2a2efa0490e31703829f88607.png
@Nyctea

Thank you, you have been recorded!

The first RP post will go here. From then on, you will be split into groups and therefore be moved to different forums.
@Nyctea

Thank you, you have been recorded!

The first RP post will go here. From then on, you will be split into groups and therefore be moved to different forums.
uCR5SCW.png
@Floatingonspace when will the first post be posted? Or has it already been posted? Sorry I don't RP a lot haha
@Floatingonspace when will the first post be posted? Or has it already been posted? Sorry I don't RP a lot haha
[b]Username[/b]: PurplePanda [b]Dragon name[/b]: Niklaus [b]Dragon Picture[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2960911] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29610/2960911_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Personality (at least three sentences)[/b]: Healer of the Clan of the Red String, Adviser to the King Easy to laugh, slow to anger. If his wife is like the fire, then he is like the water. He goes with the flow and adapts easily. He is wise, wiser than his wife. Though his always ready smile and booming laughter disguises it. [b]When you are on FR[/b]: I'm log in everyday. Mostly around 6-12 FR Time. [b]How often you can post[/b]: Often [b]Other[/b]: I love this kind of event! [size=2]@FloatingInSpace
Username: PurplePanda
Dragon name: Niklaus
Dragon Picture:
2960911_350.png

Personality (at least three sentences):
Healer of the Clan of the Red String, Adviser to the King

Easy to laugh, slow to anger. If his wife is like the fire, then he is like the water. He goes with the flow and adapts easily. He is wise, wiser than his wife. Though his always ready smile and booming laughter disguises it.

When you are on FR:
I'm log in everyday. Mostly around 6-12 FR Time.
How often you can post: Often
Other: I love this kind of event!
@FloatingInSpace
[b]Username[/b]: Azure [s][b]Dragon name[/b]: Rakk [b]Dragon Picture[/b]: redacted [b]Personality (at least three sentences)[/b]: Rakk is old. Ancient, some would say, though he merely smiles gently at the claim. A shaman and spirit-speaker, Rakk has spent his life devoted to the magical art of contacting the otherworldly forces of Sornieth - be they spirits of ages gone by, or dragons who have passed away. As a witch doctor, Rakk is also trained in the more mundane arts of alchemy and medicine, though he sometimes calls upon the spirits for magical aid when it comes to the latter. It is this that brings him to the Scarred Wasteland - it is a pilgrimage he undertakes regularly, to refresh and further his already considerable knowledge of disease and its treatment by learning from the masters. After all, no matter how old and knowledgeable one is, there are always new things to learn. Rakk is a calm, rational individual - as rational as anyone who speaks with spirits can be, anyway - stepping naturally into the role of adviser to the younger dragons that take up the leadership mantle rather than being a leader himself. He prefers to avoid violence and battle, considering himself a healer and not a warrior despite (or perhaps because of) the nigh-endless fighting of his youth, only resorting to using his considerable power over ice magic if forced into such conflict - and even then preferring to incapacitate or frighten off assailants rather than slay. One should not mistake Rakk's disdain for physical violence as being soft, however. He is a hardened survivor of a harsh land and harsher time, as well as a firm believer in the school-of-hard-knocks method of teaching, making him worthy of respect of a good number of the Wasteland's denizens. As for other dragons, they often think of Rakk as wise, unsettling, or a bit of both. The magics he uses are largely a forgotten art of the ancient days of dragonkind, and their very nature - especially coupled with the way he dresses - leaves many dragons ill-at-ease. Lightning dragons especially might consider him below their notice, quick to dismiss him as a primitive savage and relic of times long past.[/s] [b]Dragon name[/b]: Savras [b]Dragon Picture[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3038186] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30382/3038186_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Personality (at least three sentences)[/b]: One of the messengers of the Lair of the Far Reaches, Savras had not come to the Scarred Wasteland fully of his own volition. Namely, he carried a message for an allied clan nesting near the Wyrmwound. And to a messenger, the delivery of their message is their number one priority. That said, getting to meet a deity, even if it was the repulsive Plaguebringer, was a great honor and could be interesting... but it was not what was at the forefront of his mind. Besides, he was born of Light. He was naturally resistant to the plague energies and diseases that permeated the landscape. Or so he hoped. An agreeable, relatively resourceful fellow, Savras prefers to flee rather than fight. Still, if forced into combat, he is no stranger to using his searing breath and fangs native to his species. [b]When you are on FR[/b]: It's a pretty wildly varying schedule currently. I am, however, in the GMT+1 timezone, and I do try sleep at night. [b]How often you can post[/b]: At least once a day, barring unforeseen complications. [b]Other[/b]: [item=Olympia Oyster] [item=Royal Oyster] [size=2] @FloatingInSpace
Username: Azure

Dragon name: Rakk
Dragon Picture:
redacted
Rakk is old. Ancient, some would say, though he merely smiles gently at the claim. A shaman and spirit-speaker, Rakk has spent his life devoted to the magical art of contacting the otherworldly forces of Sornieth - be they spirits of ages gone by, or dragons who have passed away.

As a witch doctor, Rakk is also trained in the more mundane arts of alchemy and medicine, though he sometimes calls upon the spirits for magical aid when it comes to the latter. It is this that brings him to the Scarred Wasteland - it is a pilgrimage he undertakes regularly, to refresh and further his already considerable knowledge of disease and its treatment by learning from the masters. After all, no matter how old and knowledgeable one is, there are always new things to learn.

Rakk is a calm, rational individual - as rational as anyone who speaks with spirits can be, anyway - stepping naturally into the role of adviser to the younger dragons that take up the leadership mantle rather than being a leader himself. He prefers to avoid violence and battle, considering himself a healer and not a warrior despite (or perhaps because of) the nigh-endless fighting of his youth, only resorting to using his considerable power over ice magic if forced into such conflict - and even then preferring to incapacitate or frighten off assailants rather than slay.

One should not mistake Rakk's disdain for physical violence as being soft, however. He is a hardened survivor of a harsh land and harsher time, as well as a firm believer in the school-of-hard-knocks method of teaching, making him worthy of respect of a good number of the Wasteland's denizens.

As for other dragons, they often think of Rakk as wise, unsettling, or a bit of both. The magics he uses are largely a forgotten art of the ancient days of dragonkind, and their very nature - especially coupled with the way he dresses - leaves many dragons ill-at-ease. Lightning dragons especially might consider him below their notice, quick to dismiss him as a primitive savage and relic of times long past.

Dragon name: Savras
Dragon Picture:

3038186_350.png

One of the messengers of the Lair of the Far Reaches, Savras had not come to the Scarred Wasteland fully of his own volition.

Namely, he carried a message for an allied clan nesting near the Wyrmwound. And to a messenger, the delivery of their message is their number one priority. That said, getting to meet a deity, even if it was the repulsive Plaguebringer, was a great honor and could be interesting... but it was not what was at the forefront of his mind.

Besides, he was born of Light. He was naturally resistant to the plague energies and diseases that permeated the landscape. Or so he hoped.

An agreeable, relatively resourceful fellow, Savras prefers to flee rather than fight. Still, if forced into combat, he is no stranger to using his searing breath and fangs native to his species.

When you are on FR: It's a pretty wildly varying schedule currently. I am, however, in the GMT+1 timezone, and I do try sleep at night.
How often you can post: At least once a day, barring unforeseen complications.
Other: Olympia Oyster Royal Oyster

@FloatingInSpace
DQ9DP8W.png
[b]Username[/b]: ResidentLurker [b]Dragon name[/b]: Mirhie [b]Dragon Picture[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12712171] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127122/12712171_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Personality (at least three sentences)[/b]: Something of a mad scientist, mostly in that she never bothers to think through the implications of whatever's piqued her curiosity. She's generally friendly, but is likely thinking of experiments she could do on/with everyone she meets. She's easily distracted unless something actually catches her interest, at which point it's almost impossible to drag her away. [b]When you are on FR[/b]: Pretty variable, but generally throughout thewhole day. [b]How often you can post[/b]: Frequently [b]Other[/b]: I'm almost completely new to RPing, and generally not too talkative. [size=2]@FloatingInSpace
Username: ResidentLurker

Dragon name: Mirhie

Dragon Picture:

12712171_350.png

Personality (at least three sentences): Something of a mad scientist, mostly in that she never bothers to think through the implications of whatever's piqued her curiosity. She's generally friendly, but is likely thinking of experiments she could do on/with everyone she meets. She's easily distracted unless something actually catches her interest, at which point it's almost impossible to drag her away.

When you are on FR: Pretty variable, but generally throughout thewhole day.

How often you can post: Frequently

Other: I'm almost completely new to RPing, and generally not too talkative.

@FloatingInSpace
[b]Username[/b]: AsmaetheFox [b]Dragon name[/b]: Princess Scylla [b]Dragon Picture[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6173371] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/61734/6173371_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Personality (at least three sentences)[/b]: Scylla is a young, timid fae, who would rather keep to herself if she could, but, seeing how she's a princess and therefore an heir to the throne (competing with her sister Arva), she knows that this is pretty much an impossible dream. She often speaks in the characteristic way that a shy dragons does; quiet, in short sentences, a quiver in her voice. This only changes when she's grown confident in herself, or has developed familiarity with the dragon. She's also one to think things through before acting on them, though she will only keep half a mind during emergencies, in which case she often borders in between rationality and panic. When she gains confidence in herself or just forgets about the world around her, the difference in her character is night and day. Her voice grows stronger, her body swells rather than curling inside herself, and a new light enters her eyes. Even the way she moves changes, and rather than walking or flying awkwardly, with a lot of stumbles in between and almost tripping with everything, she gains a graceful flow in her limbs. Not entirely graceful, not like other dragons, but graceful enough for there to be a difference. [b]When you are on FR[/b]: I can be on everyday, though my schedule is kind of crazy. (Thanks, college.) Sundays: All day Mondays and Wednesdays: from 7:30 FR time on Tuesdays: from the time I wake up (maybe 5-6 FR time) to 8:00, then from 16:00 to 20:00 Thurdsdays: From 5-6 to 8:00, then from 13:00 to 20:00 Fridays: From 14:00 on. Saturdays: All day. There might be days where I won't be on at all because of tests, but I can announce that. [b]How often you can post[/b]: As much as I can. Even if I have homework, I'll squeeze in a few posts. [b]Other[/b]: Oyster
Username: AsmaetheFox
Dragon name: Princess Scylla
Dragon Picture:
6173371_350.png

Scylla is a young, timid fae, who would rather keep to herself if she could, but, seeing how she's a princess and therefore an heir to the throne (competing with her sister Arva), she knows that this is pretty much an impossible dream. She often speaks in the characteristic way that a shy dragons does; quiet, in short sentences, a quiver in her voice. This only changes when she's grown confident in herself, or has developed familiarity with the dragon. She's also one to think things through before acting on them, though she will only keep half a mind during emergencies, in which case she often borders in between rationality and panic.

When she gains confidence in herself or just forgets about the world around her, the difference in her character is night and day. Her voice grows stronger, her body swells rather than curling inside herself, and a new light enters her eyes. Even the way she moves changes, and rather than walking or flying awkwardly, with a lot of stumbles in between and almost tripping with everything, she gains a graceful flow in her limbs. Not entirely graceful, not like other dragons, but graceful enough for there to be a difference.

When you are on FR: I can be on everyday, though my schedule is kind of crazy. (Thanks, college.)
Sundays: All day
Mondays and Wednesdays: from 7:30 FR time on
Tuesdays: from the time I wake up (maybe 5-6 FR time) to 8:00, then from 16:00 to 20:00
Thurdsdays: From 5-6 to 8:00, then from 13:00 to 20:00
Fridays: From 14:00 on.
Saturdays: All day.
There might be days where I won't be on at all because of tests, but I can announce that.

How often you can post: As much as I can. Even if I have homework, I'll squeeze in a few posts.

Other: Oyster
@Nyctea

You will be pinged when the RP starts. Pinging is important in RPing because it will tell you when something is happening.

If you have never RPed before, please make yourself familiar with god modding and what it extends to. I find that and poor writing skills are the two biggest hindrances to a fun and exciting RP. A Brief Guide to Roleplay Etiquette explains it a bit more. In general, don't assume another character is going to react when your character does something and never do something to another character without the player's permission, which is what the OOC chat is for.

If you have more questions, I'm here to answer them!

@PurplePanda @Azure @ResidentLurker

Thank you for your interest! You have been recorded.

@AsmaetheFox

She's just going to be Scylla in this RP, if that's fine with you.
@Nyctea

You will be pinged when the RP starts. Pinging is important in RPing because it will tell you when something is happening.

If you have never RPed before, please make yourself familiar with god modding and what it extends to. I find that and poor writing skills are the two biggest hindrances to a fun and exciting RP. A Brief Guide to Roleplay Etiquette explains it a bit more. In general, don't assume another character is going to react when your character does something and never do something to another character without the player's permission, which is what the OOC chat is for.

If you have more questions, I'm here to answer them!

@PurplePanda @Azure @ResidentLurker

Thank you for your interest! You have been recorded.

@AsmaetheFox

She's just going to be Scylla in this RP, if that's fine with you.
uCR5SCW.png
@FloatingInSpace Oh I've role played before, just not a lot on flightrising. I'm pretty familiar with it in general, I just wasn't sure if it started or if this was just the sign up page? I didn't know if it worked different on FR.
@FloatingInSpace Oh I've role played before, just not a lot on flightrising. I'm pretty familiar with it in general, I just wasn't sure if it started or if this was just the sign up page? I didn't know if it worked different on FR.
@Nyctea

This is the sign-up part. For the most part, FR holiday RPs start with sign-ups and then the every time a post with an event happens, one of the mods will ping you with the information. You'll know when it starts because the post will have options for you to decide on!
@Nyctea

This is the sign-up part. For the most part, FR holiday RPs start with sign-ups and then the every time a post with an event happens, one of the mods will ping you with the information. You'll know when it starts because the post will have options for you to decide on!
uCR5SCW.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22