Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 53 54
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13163624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/131637/13163624_350.png[/img] [/url] Agate blinked the sleep out of his eyes, and went to freshen up. He’d stayed up a bit later than he anticipated, but had still managed to sneak a couple hours of sleep in after he’d finished everythimg. He rinsed off, humming quietly to himself, and then cleaned his teeth. He shined his solar blades, as well as his mechanojets, and iron gorget. It would be good to present a clean, and respectful appearance to the judges. He also tucked away replacement LEDs, nut and bolts, extra wiring, and other odds and ends he might need to do emergency fixes on the mechanical tree in his satchel. Once he finished cleaning up, and gathering the small things he would need at the Faire, he began gathering the items he’d need to decorate his display table. He’d fashioned a redwood backing for the tree, that curled around it on both sides, as well as arced over. This would limit some of the surrounding light and let the LEDS glimmer proudly. Onto the backing he’d burned a forest scene. Trees of various types filled the back and midground, while grass, long and short, several bushes, and a few scattered flowers were carefully etched into the foreground. If one looked closely, they could even see a few birds up in the trees, as well as a few deer poking their heads around some of the tree trunks. Agate collected this, as well as his invention, along with his decoration and display materials, placing everything in a box to better carry it, and then he headed for the display tables. He hadn’t sought his table out yet, but after a few minutes of searching, and talking to those at the information desk, he had a pamphlet detailing more about the judging and directions to his table, number L143. The table was towards the back of the large room, and a few rows over from one of the exterior walls. It wasn’t a bad location. He wasn’t right next to any of the windows, or directly under any of the light fixtures, but he was glad that he’d made the backing for the bonsai tree. He set everything down before taking the redwood backing out of the box and placing it in the middle of his table. Taking a few steps back, he eyed it critically, and then nodded. That looked like a good spot. “Alright then,” he murmured quietly. “Time for the main element.” Agate took the bonsai tree out of the box, and examined it. It turned out nice, considering all the work he’d put in over the past couple of days. The limbs were carefully sculpted from the fragrant redwood, each unique in shape, as they branched up. At the tip of each limb, and exploding out from the top branches were LEDS, carefully glued into place, the wiring hidden in a notch in the wood. Near the base, encapsulated in the trunk was the copper coil engine. Surrounded by wood as it was, it was almost as the tree had grown up around it. Gnarled roots writhed, and curled out and over the base, which Agate had constructed from pieces of redwood as well scrap metal fused together. He filled the base in using tiny ball bearings instead of dirt. He’d melted a few pieces of metal down into abstract blobs, and those gleamed from beneath the curling roots. It was wonderful melding of the mechanical and the natural. He got out several pieces of the charged tungsten, feeling the buzz of their static charge. They were fresh and ready to go, and he popped them into the copper coil tube. The coils hummed, sparked, and then the lights flickered on. He nestled the tree into the display, and flicked the color switch to ‘green,’ or the summer pattern. It could alternate between the colors of the rainbow, or alternate through the season patterns, as well as maintain a season continually. Spring mode had shades of pink, autumn flickered in shades of orange, yellow, and reds, while winter glowed a pale, pale blue-white. He stepped back to admire it. The redwood backing did its job, allowing the LEDs to gleam just a bit brighter, and overall, (if he had to say) the whole set-up looked very nice. Pleased, he continued to set up his table, adding signage, a board showing off the blueprints, and a large banner stating the invention name. “Technologic Topiary” Once he was done setting up, he again stepped back to examine his table. Agate grinned. It looked great, he felt great, he felt accomplished. He’d managed to finish it, he’d done it. It had been a bit of work, but it was worth it. He stepped up alongside his table, ready for curious visitors, fellow inventors, and eagerly awaiting the arrival of the judges.

13163624_350.png

Agate blinked the sleep out of his eyes, and went to freshen up. He’d stayed up a bit later than he anticipated, but had still managed to sneak a couple hours of sleep in after he’d finished everythimg.
He rinsed off, humming quietly to himself, and then cleaned his teeth. He shined his solar blades, as well as his mechanojets, and iron gorget. It would be good to present a clean, and respectful appearance to the judges. He also tucked away replacement LEDs, nut and bolts, extra wiring, and other odds and ends he might need to do emergency fixes on the mechanical tree in his satchel.

Once he finished cleaning up, and gathering the small things he would need at the Faire, he began gathering the items he’d need to decorate his display table. He’d fashioned a redwood backing for the tree, that curled around it on both sides, as well as arced over. This would limit some of the surrounding light and let the LEDS glimmer proudly. Onto the backing he’d burned a forest scene. Trees of various types filled the back and midground, while grass, long and short, several bushes, and a few scattered flowers were carefully etched into the foreground. If one looked closely, they could even see a few birds up in the trees, as well as a few deer poking their heads around some of the tree trunks.

Agate collected this, as well as his invention, along with his decoration and display materials, placing everything in a box to better carry it, and then he headed for the display tables. He hadn’t sought his table out yet, but after a few minutes of searching, and talking to those at the information desk, he had a pamphlet detailing more about the judging and directions to his table, number L143.

The table was towards the back of the large room, and a few rows over from one of the exterior walls. It wasn’t a bad location. He wasn’t right next to any of the windows, or directly under any of the light fixtures, but he was glad that he’d made the backing for the bonsai tree. He set everything down before taking the redwood backing out of the box and placing it in the middle of his table. Taking a few steps back, he eyed it critically, and then nodded. That looked like a good spot.

“Alright then,” he murmured quietly. “Time for the main element.”

Agate took the bonsai tree out of the box, and examined it. It turned out nice, considering all the work he’d put in over the past couple of days.

The limbs were carefully sculpted from the fragrant redwood, each unique in shape, as they branched up. At the tip of each limb, and exploding out from the top branches were LEDS, carefully glued into place, the wiring hidden in a notch in the wood. Near the base, encapsulated in the trunk was the copper coil engine. Surrounded by wood as it was, it was almost as the tree had grown up around it. Gnarled roots writhed, and curled out and over the base, which Agate had constructed from pieces of redwood as well scrap metal fused together. He filled the base in using tiny ball bearings instead of dirt. He’d melted a few pieces of metal down into abstract blobs, and those gleamed from beneath the curling roots. It was wonderful melding of the mechanical and the natural.

He got out several pieces of the charged tungsten, feeling the buzz of their static charge. They were fresh and ready to go, and he popped them into the copper coil tube. The coils hummed, sparked, and then the lights flickered on. He nestled the tree into the display, and flicked the color switch to ‘green,’ or the summer pattern. It could alternate between the colors of the rainbow, or alternate through the season patterns, as well as maintain a season continually. Spring mode had shades of pink, autumn flickered in shades of orange, yellow, and reds, while winter glowed a pale, pale blue-white.

He stepped back to admire it. The redwood backing did its job, allowing the LEDs to gleam just a bit brighter, and overall, (if he had to say) the whole set-up looked very nice. Pleased, he continued to set up his table, adding signage, a board showing off the blueprints, and a large banner stating the invention name. “Technologic Topiary”
Once he was done setting up, he again stepped back to examine his table. Agate grinned. It looked great, he felt great, he felt accomplished. He’d managed to finish it, he’d done it. It had been a bit of work, but it was worth it.

He stepped up alongside his table, ready for curious visitors, fellow inventors, and eagerly awaiting the arrival of the judges.
[center][b]Day 8, Sunday[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14403321][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/144034/14403321.png[/img][/url][item=steelhound][/center] Arra used her scarf to wipe down the arm of the mechanical nest-tender. The small golem she'd added as an afterthought patrolled the "nest" that Arra had made. She set up a clutch of "eggs" that the golem could even carry out of the nest in case of emergency. The tender rotated the eggs on a regular basis and was surprisingly very gently considering the improvised pieces. Even Steelheart seemed pretty happy with his hearty breakfast of lemmings. Arra settled down behind her invention and waited. Her table was not perfect, but it was as good as it was going to get. Or at least, Arra thought as she inspected it, [i]It's me.[/i] "Arra!" She looked up when she heard her name called. The two dragons from her home lair that had accompanied her trotted up, all decked out in their festival costumes, Via and Lightning. Via, though, got distracted talking to a nearby inventor explaining what his invention did--it looked like a miniature of the Tempest Spires. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7482931] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/74830/7482931_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Lightning!" Arra returned, bouncing up from behind her booth. "I didn't expect to see you here. I didn't know you were interested in inventions." "Well." Lightning just grinned and looked askance at the nest-tender. "I'm not. But I am interested in you. I wanted to wish you good luck!" [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12076022] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/120761/12076022_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Via walked up before Arra could answer, tilted his head curiously. "This doesn't look like the one you had at home." "It's not," Arra said. "The one that I had at home got lost somewhere. I expect it will show up by courier in a few weeks. The interns might be baffled. I don't think I'll see it again. But I guess if I've rebuilt it once, I can rebuild it again. Next time with proper materials and more than a week to do it." "I'm sorry." Lightning frowned. "Do you think you still have a chance to win?" Arra laughed. "I don't think I came here with the expectation to win in the first place, even with a machine that looked part-way decent." Lightning shushed her. "Don't say things like that. The judges might hear you." "Confidence is key," Via chimed in. That Pearlcatcher had an old saw for everything, didn't he...? "I guess..." Arra didn't know if she agreed, but she didn't want to argue anyway. She already had butterflies in her stomach and thinking about the odds of her winning didn't make it any better. "Do you want to go look at some of the inventions?" Via asked, then. "Go on," Lightning said before Arra could answer. "I'll watch this for you." Arra followed Via reluctantly. She didn't want to see the other inventions. Not really. Some of them were so pretty, so well-presented, so useful. They looked like actual inventions. Via bounded in excitement from one invention to the next. Arra decided to focus on the costumes. Via was dressed in his traditional traveler's garb. It was good for keeping the dust out, but not good for being flashy as much. She saw plenty of steampunk designs and more goggles than she cared to count. She was suddenly very aware of her own pair of goggles resting just below her horns. Arra finally decided to just go back. She didn't know where the judges were and she had to be there to show them. Lightning had stretched out next to the "nest" like she owned the place. Of course, she wasn't nervous. She was never nervous and, besides, this wasn't her invention on the line. Arra plopped down on the floor next to her and looked down, careful not to accidentally whip her tail into the cauldron of goop in the next booth over. "It's a very nice invention, Arra," Lightning said. "I think many expectant parents would be happy to have something like it." Arra smiled gratefully, almost believing her. "Thanks. I think it's pretty good, too." "I don't know why you don't think you have a chance," Lightning went on. [i]What do you even know about it?[/i] Arra wanted to ask, but Lightning kept talking. "Even if you don't, though, I guess you're right. It's still what it is. And there's always next year." Next year? No way Arra was going through this again! She laughed. "You're right. Next year." Next year she'd be staying at home, looking up at the sky happy that it wasn't laced with lightning. Next year she'd be home, her new nest-tender turning actual eggs in actual nests. Even if it was the only one in the whole world. "It was brave of you to enter anyway." Lightning nudged Arra with her shoulder. Arra nudged back. It was the highest praise Arra could think to receive from a warrior like Lightning. "Thanks."
Day 8, Sunday

14403321.png Steelhound

Arra used her scarf to wipe down the arm of the mechanical nest-tender. The small golem she'd added as an afterthought patrolled the "nest" that Arra had made. She set up a clutch of "eggs" that the golem could even carry out of the nest in case of emergency. The tender rotated the eggs on a regular basis and was surprisingly very gently considering the improvised pieces.

Even Steelheart seemed pretty happy with his hearty breakfast of lemmings.

Arra settled down behind her invention and waited. Her table was not perfect, but it was as good as it was going to get. Or at least, Arra thought as she inspected it, It's me.

"Arra!"

She looked up when she heard her name called. The two dragons from her home lair that had accompanied her trotted up, all decked out in their festival costumes, Via and Lightning. Via, though, got distracted talking to a nearby inventor explaining what his invention did--it looked like a miniature of the Tempest Spires.

"Lightning!" Arra returned, bouncing up from behind her booth. "I didn't expect to see you here. I didn't know you were interested in inventions."

"Well." Lightning just grinned and looked askance at the nest-tender. "I'm not. But I am interested in you. I wanted to wish you good luck!"

Via walked up before Arra could answer, tilted his head curiously. "This doesn't look like the one you had at home."

"It's not," Arra said. "The one that I had at home got lost somewhere. I expect it will show up by courier in a few weeks. The interns might be baffled. I don't think I'll see it again. But I guess if I've rebuilt it once, I can rebuild it again. Next time with proper materials and more than a week to do it."

"I'm sorry." Lightning frowned. "Do you think you still have a chance to win?"

Arra laughed. "I don't think I came here with the expectation to win in the first place, even with a machine that looked part-way decent."

Lightning shushed her. "Don't say things like that. The judges might hear you."

"Confidence is key," Via chimed in. That Pearlcatcher had an old saw for everything, didn't he...?

"I guess..." Arra didn't know if she agreed, but she didn't want to argue anyway. She already had butterflies in her stomach and thinking about the odds of her winning didn't make it any better.

"Do you want to go look at some of the inventions?" Via asked, then.

"Go on," Lightning said before Arra could answer. "I'll watch this for you."

Arra followed Via reluctantly. She didn't want to see the other inventions. Not really. Some of them were so pretty, so well-presented, so useful. They looked like actual inventions. Via bounded in excitement from one invention to the next. Arra decided to focus on the costumes.

Via was dressed in his traditional traveler's garb. It was good for keeping the dust out, but not good for being flashy as much. She saw plenty of steampunk designs and more goggles than she cared to count. She was suddenly very aware of her own pair of goggles resting just below her horns.

Arra finally decided to just go back. She didn't know where the judges were and she had to be there to show them.

Lightning had stretched out next to the "nest" like she owned the place. Of course, she wasn't nervous. She was never nervous and, besides, this wasn't her invention on the line. Arra plopped down on the floor next to her and looked down, careful not to accidentally whip her tail into the cauldron of goop in the next booth over.

"It's a very nice invention, Arra," Lightning said. "I think many expectant parents would be happy to have something like it."

Arra smiled gratefully, almost believing her. "Thanks. I think it's pretty good, too."

"I don't know why you don't think you have a chance," Lightning went on.

What do you even know about it? Arra wanted to ask, but Lightning kept talking.

"Even if you don't, though, I guess you're right. It's still what it is. And there's always next year."

Next year? No way Arra was going through this again! She laughed. "You're right. Next year." Next year she'd be staying at home, looking up at the sky happy that it wasn't laced with lightning. Next year she'd be home, her new nest-tender turning actual eggs in actual nests. Even if it was the only one in the whole world.

"It was brave of you to enter anyway." Lightning nudged Arra with her shoulder.

Arra nudged back. It was the highest praise Arra could think to receive from a warrior like Lightning. "Thanks."
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Tundra had had a bit of trouble finding his stand, but besides that, he was good to go.

Well okay, so maybe accidentally claiming someone else's stand and then almost breaking their invention wasn't a little bit of trouble, but he was right here, right? Good enough.

The Wildclaw dusted off his claws and stepped back, taking in his invention in all its glory. It was looking pretty good, standing there upon its delicately shaped metal stand, if he did say so himself.

Leon buzzed his approval besides him; and when Leon approved of something, it was always good. Tundra smiled and patted the Boolean's shoulder; maybe he really did have a chance at winning this. Ah, well. A man can dream.

Tundra stifled a yawn, rubbing at his sore eyes. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to take just a little break now...

He made himself comfortable on a nearby bench and drifted off into half-sleep, occasionally jolting awake when other dragons approached. Hey, he needed his rest to be awake and alert for the judges!

((Aaaa I'm so sorry about the bad quality but I just remembered this and it's 11 pm. ;_;))
Tundra had had a bit of trouble finding his stand, but besides that, he was good to go.

Well okay, so maybe accidentally claiming someone else's stand and then almost breaking their invention wasn't a little bit of trouble, but he was right here, right? Good enough.

The Wildclaw dusted off his claws and stepped back, taking in his invention in all its glory. It was looking pretty good, standing there upon its delicately shaped metal stand, if he did say so himself.

Leon buzzed his approval besides him; and when Leon approved of something, it was always good. Tundra smiled and patted the Boolean's shoulder; maybe he really did have a chance at winning this. Ah, well. A man can dream.

Tundra stifled a yawn, rubbing at his sore eyes. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to take just a little break now...

He made himself comfortable on a nearby bench and drifted off into half-sleep, occasionally jolting awake when other dragons approached. Hey, he needed his rest to be awake and alert for the judges!

((Aaaa I'm so sorry about the bad quality but I just remembered this and it's 11 pm. ;_;))
globules.png
@amsie [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9605046][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/96051/9605046.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8928540][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/89286/8928540.png[/img][/url] Having parked their vehicle back at their booth, Ed and Toby were hunting for refreshments. Toby followed his nose to a booth where two dragons were showing off a robotic skycat. Apparently it was called a Coffee Cat. "We hear you have coffee," said Toby, cheerfully. "[i]Coffee,[/i]" agreed Ed, sounding a bit more desperate. "It smells very good. Can we have some?" Toby asked politely. "And pastries," Ed added. "We love pastries. I love pastries, I don't know if Toby loves --" "I assure you," he said, holding up one paw. "Pastries would be fantastic. It smells like fantastic coffee," he added. "I don't care if it's terrible, I just need caffeine," said Ed bluntly.
@amsie

9605046.png8928540.png

Having parked their vehicle back at their booth, Ed and Toby were hunting for refreshments. Toby followed his nose to a booth where two dragons were showing off a robotic skycat. Apparently it was called a Coffee Cat.

"We hear you have coffee," said Toby, cheerfully.

"Coffee," agreed Ed, sounding a bit more desperate.

"It smells very good. Can we have some?" Toby asked politely.

"And pastries," Ed added. "We love pastries. I love pastries, I don't know if Toby loves --"

"I assure you," he said, holding up one paw. "Pastries would be fantastic. It smells like fantastic coffee," he added.

"I don't care if it's terrible, I just need caffeine," said Ed bluntly.
xmas%20in%20july%20badge.gifcryotherapy%20badge.gif
Note: Klaus, who is a character dragon from Agatha's story, and Eisa, who is altogether original, appear with permission from @Iztarshi, who also gets partial writing credit.

Done, done, and done!

Agatha put the finishing touches on her tracking device/all-terrain vehicle with triumphant glee, polished a bit of freshly chromed ex-scrap, gave the winding key a few extra turns for good measure, and threw the switch on her poorly charged tungsten.

Gears turned. Lights flashed.

The Castle, which had been trying to pretend to be bored, looked eagerly over her shoulder.

The repurposed compass needle swung, spun wildly... and settled, twitching and quivering slightly but pointing generally the same direction.

Agatha crowed. "We've got it!" The clockwork engine churned to life and set off for the door.

The Castle snickered. "Or we haven't got it. This one appears to be wandering off too."

"Well, naturally," Agatha said impatiently. "What good is a tracking device that doesn't track? Let's go after it!"

"Hey, where are you going?" someone shouted from the display booths. "You'll miss the judging!"

"Got to find my real invention!" Agatha called back, loping after her vehicle as it swerved around dragons and devices to reach the door.

"That was remarkably odd," Agatha mused. Her tracker/ATV was sitting proudly in the front of her allotted display area, blocking traffic only a little, while she and the Castle worked furiously behind it to reassemble her original invention.

"I must admit," the Castle said, propping up a loose head for her, "I wasn't expecting to have to break in. Or for you to do it."

"Wow," said a familiar voice. "I like your style."

Agatha looked up to see the Fae perched on the Fire head. "Eisa! I didn't know you were here!" A thundering footstomp shook the floor, and she craned her neck around to look for the source. This building was constructed to handle large dragons. That had to be on purpose. "Oh, did Klaus come too?"

"Of course he did," Eisa said with a sigh. "I'll have to come back and see you when you're done." She took off again, vanishing behind somebody's Skycat golem just as Klaus came into view.

And Eisa was granted a reprieve as Klaus's attention was arrested by Agatha's work instead. "Is that what I think it is?" he demanded.

"I should imagine so," Agatha said airily. "Do you think it's a mechanical Emperor for magical experimentation and combat training?"

"Are you out of your mind?"

Agatha thought about this for a moment while the just-reconnected Arcane head looked around in mild befuddlement. "No more so than usual?"

"How reassuring," Klaus said with an air of numb horror. "And here I was worried about Eisa destroying the Faire."

Agatha gave him a reproving look. "Oh, come on now. All it did was wander off a bit. I suppose somebody might have mistaken it for a real Emperor somehow -- it had been blasted to pieces when I found it."

"In a storeroom in the Tempest Spire," the Castle put in, amused. "A locked storeroom."

"You broke into a storeroom in the Tempest Spire," Klaus repeated. "Why am I not surprised?"

Agatha sniffed. "It was my invention. And the security wasn't all that good." Although there was some possibility that the Stormcatcher would be annoyed. Even if she had relocked the door when she left.

"Has it crossed your mind that creating a new device with the properties of an Emperor might be a bad idea?"

"It's not like it's automatically reassembling, you know."

Klaus looked dubious. "Are you sure? Some of your inventions are more adaptable than advertised."

"Well, so far I keep having to do it."

"I see." Klaus sighed heavily. "I suppose there's only one thing left to say." He leaned in close to her ear -- Agatha eyed him warily sidewise -- and then bellowed at the top of his lungs, "STOP!"

"Ow," Agatha said crossly. "You realize by the time I gave it enough brains to rampage, it would probably have more sense!"

"Probably?!"

Agatha fitted the Earth head back into place and hunted around for the most nearly associated leg. "If you're worried," she suggested, "you can always stay and help."

"Just what we need," the Castle said under its breath, "a spoilsport."

Klaus looked tempted.

Agatha bent her head over her work and tried not to smile.

Note: Klaus, who is a character dragon from Agatha's story, and Eisa, who is altogether original, appear with permission from @Iztarshi, who also gets partial writing credit.

Done, done, and done!

Agatha put the finishing touches on her tracking device/all-terrain vehicle with triumphant glee, polished a bit of freshly chromed ex-scrap, gave the winding key a few extra turns for good measure, and threw the switch on her poorly charged tungsten.

Gears turned. Lights flashed.

The Castle, which had been trying to pretend to be bored, looked eagerly over her shoulder.

The repurposed compass needle swung, spun wildly... and settled, twitching and quivering slightly but pointing generally the same direction.

Agatha crowed. "We've got it!" The clockwork engine churned to life and set off for the door.

The Castle snickered. "Or we haven't got it. This one appears to be wandering off too."

"Well, naturally," Agatha said impatiently. "What good is a tracking device that doesn't track? Let's go after it!"

"Hey, where are you going?" someone shouted from the display booths. "You'll miss the judging!"

"Got to find my real invention!" Agatha called back, loping after her vehicle as it swerved around dragons and devices to reach the door.

"That was remarkably odd," Agatha mused. Her tracker/ATV was sitting proudly in the front of her allotted display area, blocking traffic only a little, while she and the Castle worked furiously behind it to reassemble her original invention.

"I must admit," the Castle said, propping up a loose head for her, "I wasn't expecting to have to break in. Or for you to do it."

"Wow," said a familiar voice. "I like your style."

Agatha looked up to see the Fae perched on the Fire head. "Eisa! I didn't know you were here!" A thundering footstomp shook the floor, and she craned her neck around to look for the source. This building was constructed to handle large dragons. That had to be on purpose. "Oh, did Klaus come too?"

"Of course he did," Eisa said with a sigh. "I'll have to come back and see you when you're done." She took off again, vanishing behind somebody's Skycat golem just as Klaus came into view.

And Eisa was granted a reprieve as Klaus's attention was arrested by Agatha's work instead. "Is that what I think it is?" he demanded.

"I should imagine so," Agatha said airily. "Do you think it's a mechanical Emperor for magical experimentation and combat training?"

"Are you out of your mind?"

Agatha thought about this for a moment while the just-reconnected Arcane head looked around in mild befuddlement. "No more so than usual?"

"How reassuring," Klaus said with an air of numb horror. "And here I was worried about Eisa destroying the Faire."

Agatha gave him a reproving look. "Oh, come on now. All it did was wander off a bit. I suppose somebody might have mistaken it for a real Emperor somehow -- it had been blasted to pieces when I found it."

"In a storeroom in the Tempest Spire," the Castle put in, amused. "A locked storeroom."

"You broke into a storeroom in the Tempest Spire," Klaus repeated. "Why am I not surprised?"

Agatha sniffed. "It was my invention. And the security wasn't all that good." Although there was some possibility that the Stormcatcher would be annoyed. Even if she had relocked the door when she left.

"Has it crossed your mind that creating a new device with the properties of an Emperor might be a bad idea?"

"It's not like it's automatically reassembling, you know."

Klaus looked dubious. "Are you sure? Some of your inventions are more adaptable than advertised."

"Well, so far I keep having to do it."

"I see." Klaus sighed heavily. "I suppose there's only one thing left to say." He leaned in close to her ear -- Agatha eyed him warily sidewise -- and then bellowed at the top of his lungs, "STOP!"

"Ow," Agatha said crossly. "You realize by the time I gave it enough brains to rampage, it would probably have more sense!"

"Probably?!"

Agatha fitted the Earth head back into place and hunted around for the most nearly associated leg. "If you're worried," she suggested, "you can always stay and help."

"Just what we need," the Castle said under its breath, "a spoilsport."

Klaus looked tempted.

Agatha bent her head over her work and tried not to smile.

cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
@Drav [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14569802] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145699/14569802_350.png[/img] [/url] Fourty two had watched the others wander around on the floating platform. Maybe the Wildclaw hadn't heard him. He cleared his throat to try again. [b]"M-macherne.. fun-ction?"[/b] A gravely robotic voice echoed from his throat. As he spoke he wheeled himself back and forth on his rather macabre remote control platform with skull heads as wheels.
@Drav

14569802_350.png

Fourty two had watched the others wander around on the floating platform. Maybe the Wildclaw hadn't heard him. He cleared his throat to try again.

"M-macherne.. fun-ction?" A gravely robotic voice echoed from his throat. As he spoke he wheeled himself back and forth on his rather macabre remote control platform with skull heads as wheels.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
@Draconequis [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=73458] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/735/73458_350.png[/img] [/url] Dimea stared at the other wildclaw. Such an odd manor of speaking, almost as if it was a robot instead of a dragon? Still, that should not stop her from addressing his (?) curiosity. "Transport," she said coolly, "Like yours, I assume?"
@Draconequis

73458_350.png

Dimea stared at the other wildclaw. Such an odd manor of speaking, almost as if it was a robot instead of a dragon?

Still, that should not stop her from addressing his (?) curiosity.

"Transport," she said coolly, "Like yours, I assume?"
6pUNHAC.gif
@Drav [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14569802] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145699/14569802_350.png[/img] [/url] Fourtytwo stared for a moment. [b]"Transplert."[/b] he repeated. Then he bobbed his head excitedly, wiggling his feathers. [b]"Transplert lo..locomation where?"[/b] He stared at her, his processers moving quicker. Yes, he was successfully speaking to another dragon who didn't even seem to notice that he was controlling the wildclaw meat suit.
@Drav

14569802_350.png

Fourtytwo stared for a moment. "Transplert." he repeated. Then he bobbed his head excitedly, wiggling his feathers. "Transplert lo..locomation where?"

He stared at her, his processers moving quicker. Yes, he was successfully speaking to another dragon who didn't even seem to notice that he was controlling the wildclaw meat suit.
@Draconequis [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=73458] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/735/73458_350.png[/img] [/url] Transplert. What an odd manner of speaking. If she was allowed to, she would love to take the dragon into her lab for further study. Unfortunately, something like that would likely be frowned upon. And very, very, unethical. If that thing was even an actual dragon and not a really realistic-looking robot. But she didn't see why she couldn't continue to humour him. Though, offering him a ride was out of the question. She didn't really feel like she could trust him. "Transport from here to there. From there to here." Would such a statement confuse him? Cause some sort of breakdown? She would have to wait and see.
@Draconequis

73458_350.png

Transplert. What an odd manner of speaking. If she was allowed to, she would love to take the dragon into her lab for further study.

Unfortunately, something like that would likely be frowned upon. And very, very, unethical. If that thing was even an actual dragon and not a really realistic-looking robot.

But she didn't see why she couldn't continue to humour him. Though, offering him a ride was out of the question. She didn't really feel like she could trust him.

"Transport from here to there. From there to here."

Would such a statement confuse him? Cause some sort of breakdown? She would have to wait and see.
6pUNHAC.gif
@Drav [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14569802] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145699/14569802_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]"E..Err..or.. here to there is not loc...locomation. "[/b] Fourtytwo tilted his head to the side slightly. [b]"Lo...locomatron fail...ure. Re..pair?"[/b] He slowly wheeled his macabre skull transporter to a stop as he stared blankly at this strange wildclaw. What was a here-to-there? This other wildclaw must be sick! Maybe she needed to be repaired exactly the same way that he had repaired the wildclaw whose body he was using as his meat suit? It would all depend on what she said next what function Fourtytwo would perform. Maybe a simple overhaul of her systems??? ((I know this is over, but i was having fun with their interaction XD))
@Drav

14569802_350.png

"E..Err..or.. here to there is not loc...locomation. " Fourtytwo tilted his head to the side slightly. "Lo...locomatron fail...ure. Re..pair?" He slowly wheeled his macabre skull transporter to a stop as he stared blankly at this strange wildclaw.

What was a here-to-there? This other wildclaw must be sick! Maybe she needed to be repaired exactly the same way that he had repaired the wildclaw whose body he was using as his meat suit?

It would all depend on what she said next what function Fourtytwo would perform. Maybe a simple overhaul of her systems???

((I know this is over, but i was having fun with their interaction XD))
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 53 54