Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 53 54
@Kaesa
sure!
and I'm just not up to date on marking down the RP stuff on that sheet ^^ I wanted to get the points in before today
@Kaesa
sure!
and I'm just not up to date on marking down the RP stuff on that sheet ^^ I wanted to get the points in before today
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
@Digimon11
You can if you'd like to! But since you've only been here for a couple of days you won't be eligible for the best RP category prizes
@Digimon11
You can if you'd like to! But since you've only been here for a couple of days you won't be eligible for the best RP category prizes
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
@Stormdragon @Kaesa @Digimon11 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3970967] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/39710/3970967_350.png[/img] [/url] -currently tied up with Duke Fluffypants the Third (the cat usually on her head) playing with the string. And she didn't show up for the last day- "Hi everyone! Sorry I missed the last few days. I've been a bit occu-tied. Get it? Occutied? Now if I get a pie, then I would be occupied... har har. XD" -by Elsa is a pile of good quality gears, some tungsten with ketchup on it, and a piece of wood that is currently sitting on top of Elsa's head-
@Stormdragon @Kaesa @Digimon11

3970967_350.png

-currently tied up with Duke Fluffypants the Third (the cat usually on her head) playing with the string. And she didn't show up for the last day-

"Hi everyone! Sorry I missed the last few days. I've been a bit occu-tied. Get it? Occutied? Now if I get a pie, then I would be occupied... har har. XD"

-by Elsa is a pile of good quality gears, some tungsten with ketchup on it, and a piece of wood that is currently sitting on top of Elsa's head-
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/149230/14922985.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/126472/12647118.png[/img] "What are we going to tell the rest of the clan?" The Pearlcatcher asked. "About what?" The Skydancer replied while putting a few last minute touches on the display table. "You are literally covered in injuries. You have been injured every day for the last three days straight. I was supposed to prevent you from getting in fights." "Oh, that. Well, [i]technically[/i] I only got that one bite from a fight. And I don't think we should mention that, considering I was beat up by a little girl. So how about we just tell them that I fell in some cacti while we were exploring the Shifting Expanse. And then just lie. Just, like, constantly." With a flourish, he put the final bit of paint on the banner over his table. "Okay. I guess that's as good a plan as any." The Pearlcatcher paused, pondering the banner. "I like it. Those painting classes really paid off." The two dragons stared fondly up at the banner. Red paint dripped like blood from the many apples sitting on a pile of bones and flowers, cactus poked out in the background, and a small lemming ate an almond in the lower right corner while a Skycap stalked a Chromefeather Lookout in the other corner.
14922985.png 12647118.png

"What are we going to tell the rest of the clan?" The Pearlcatcher asked.

"About what?" The Skydancer replied while putting a few last minute touches on the display table.

"You are literally covered in injuries. You have been injured every day for the last three days straight. I was supposed to prevent you from getting in fights."

"Oh, that. Well, technically I only got that one bite from a fight. And I don't think we should mention that, considering I was beat up by a little girl. So how about we just tell them that I fell in some cacti while we were exploring the Shifting Expanse. And then just lie. Just, like, constantly." With a flourish, he put the final bit of paint on the banner over his table.

"Okay. I guess that's as good a plan as any." The Pearlcatcher paused, pondering the banner. "I like it. Those painting classes really paid off."

The two dragons stared fondly up at the banner. Red paint dripped like blood from the many apples sitting on a pile of bones and flowers, cactus poked out in the background, and a small lemming ate an almond in the lower right corner while a Skycap stalked a Chromefeather Lookout in the other corner.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=73458] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/735/73458_350.png[/img] [/url] Dimea wasn't sure why she wanted to do it. It was a ridiculous idea. And yet, it seemed so [i]perfect[/i]. Her transportation vehicle was small, but it was large enough for her to stand on. She could certainly put together, or find, a small table to place on it, too. She could drape a banner over that, but what would it say? "Transportation Device"... no, too simple. "Hovercraft"? That certainly described what it did. "Arcane Airship"? Would such a name really be acceptable during the carnivale? Besides, the Arcane magic only made her invention float. The propulsion, the steering, the breaks, those were all powered by electricity. Really, one could substitute the arcane magic with wheels, but that would be boring! Maybe she was going about this the wrong way. Maybe she should name it after something. What about "Skyfarer"? Like seafarer, but for the sky? That had a nice ring to it. It would have to do for now. She wrote that name on the banner. Perhaps she could add "Free rides for smaller dragons" on it, too. And "No snappers, please" in small print. She would need a sign, too. Maybe one made of metal? She would paint the words "Look up," and sign her name on it. That way, dragons knew where they could see her invention when she flew her stall around as a demonstration. Yes, this would work. Her invention had an oval platform, with a raised edge to keep objects from falling off. The table she placed upside-down on it was taller than the edges of the platform, of course, but she could secure it with some rope. Just in case. She tied it to the control panel at the front of her invention. It was connected to the platform by a vertical tube of metal, and some nuts and bolts. Among other things. There were some knobs on the panel, to adjust the speed of the engine. The panel also included a joystick, for steering. The back of her invention had copper coils, the engine she had found and used for her invention. They would provide the thrust needed to make her invention go. As for a rudder, she managed to attach some wing blades from the steampunk wings she found to the sides of her invention. Though, for her next model, she should look into making a rotating engine platform. That would be a decent secondary steering system, in case the wing blades got damaged. She draped the banner over the table, tying it around the table legs. The -Skyfarer, she supposed she should be calling it by that instead of just "invention"- was ready to go. She climbed onto it and adjusted the default hover height from "barely off the ground" to "about the height of a fae" with a slider on the control panel. She flew her invention into the display room, then flew it close to the ceiling. She could hear a few dragons murmur curiously about her invention, and she was sure that the runic markings on its base were visible to the dragons below. Did they think that she was cheating by bringing [i]magic[/i] to a technological showcase? She didn't care. She took the map she stuffed under her tunic out. It was easy to tell where her stall was supposed to be from her height. She flew the Skyfarer over the other dragons setting up to the spot where she was supposed to present. Then, she lowered the engine power with the teal knob on her control panel. With the power gone, the Skyfarer descended. Slowly at first, then a little faster. Its descent slowed again as it reached the default hover height. Perfect. Well, almost. She sighed and jumped off to rotate her invention so that the banner would face the crowd. [i]Another thing to think about for the next model.[/i] Even so, the dragon next to her was staring. She hoped that they were impressed. She took the sign out, and set it next to her invention, wondering how many dragons would ask for a ride.

73458_350.png

Dimea wasn't sure why she wanted to do it. It was a ridiculous idea. And yet, it seemed so perfect.

Her transportation vehicle was small, but it was large enough for her to stand on. She could certainly put together, or find, a small table to place on it, too. She could drape a banner over that, but what would it say?

"Transportation Device"... no, too simple. "Hovercraft"? That certainly described what it did. "Arcane Airship"? Would such a name really be acceptable during the carnivale? Besides, the Arcane magic only made her invention float. The propulsion, the steering, the breaks, those were all powered by electricity. Really, one could substitute the arcane magic with wheels, but that would be boring!

Maybe she was going about this the wrong way. Maybe she should name it after something. What about "Skyfarer"? Like seafarer, but for the sky? That had a nice ring to it. It would have to do for now. She wrote that name on the banner.

Perhaps she could add "Free rides for smaller dragons" on it, too. And "No snappers, please" in small print. She would need a sign, too. Maybe one made of metal? She would paint the words "Look up," and sign her name on it. That way, dragons knew where they could see her invention when she flew her stall around as a demonstration.

Yes, this would work.

Her invention had an oval platform, with a raised edge to keep objects from falling off. The table she placed upside-down on it was taller than the edges of the platform, of course, but she could secure it with some rope. Just in case.

She tied it to the control panel at the front of her invention. It was connected to the platform by a vertical tube of metal, and some nuts and bolts. Among other things. There were some knobs on the panel, to adjust the speed of the engine. The panel also included a joystick, for steering.

The back of her invention had copper coils, the engine she had found and used for her invention. They would provide the thrust needed to make her invention go. As for a rudder, she managed to attach some wing blades from the steampunk wings she found to the sides of her invention.

Though, for her next model, she should look into making a rotating engine platform. That would be a decent secondary steering system, in case the wing blades got damaged.

She draped the banner over the table, tying it around the table legs. The -Skyfarer, she supposed she should be calling it by that instead of just "invention"- was ready to go. She climbed onto it and adjusted the default hover height from "barely off the ground" to "about the height of a fae" with a slider on the control panel.

She flew her invention into the display room, then flew it close to the ceiling. She could hear a few dragons murmur curiously about her invention, and she was sure that the runic markings on its base were visible to the dragons below. Did they think that she was cheating by bringing magic to a technological showcase? She didn't care.

She took the map she stuffed under her tunic out. It was easy to tell where her stall was supposed to be from her height. She flew the Skyfarer over the other dragons setting up to the spot where she was supposed to present. Then, she lowered the engine power with the teal knob on her control panel. With the power gone, the Skyfarer descended. Slowly at first, then a little faster. Its descent slowed again as it reached the default hover height.

Perfect.

Well, almost. She sighed and jumped off to rotate her invention so that the banner would face the crowd. Another thing to think about for the next model.

Even so, the dragon next to her was staring. She hoped that they were impressed.

She took the sign out, and set it next to her invention, wondering how many dragons would ask for a ride.
6pUNHAC.gif
@Stormdragon @Drav

98 percent success rate. There must have been something wrong with his inner computing system. That or it had been because he had been doing a test run yesterday, and his systems hadn't been at 100 percent operation just yet. Fine. If his creation wasn't the most creative, it would certainly be on the best display case.

Fourtytwo pattered to another invention and casually knocked it over with his tail, improving his chances even further of him winning. He still had no idea why he wanted to win so bad. Must be some kind of software bug. He was still working out the final bugs, and erasing the mind of the wildclaw who had been in here before completely was proving more difficult than he had first imagined.

He turned back to his transportation vehicle, a scowl on his face. Time for a complete overhaul of the system. He scowled and dismantled the entire thing before putting it back together, this time with 3 percent faster processing speed. he then toyed with the remote, replacing a few components so it could drive 41 percent further than before. Electricity surged and his transporter squeaked into motion. Forward, reverse... sideways. Diagonal (what? how did he even do that?). It was like a massive surfboard. And what was this button in the center for? He couldn't remember doing this. He pushed the button and the transporter started to play rather obnoxiously loud music.

"**.. firrmalative... the noses.... work...ing machine." But why? why was it playing music?
what function did it serve? Whatever, he didn't care anymore. He was having too much fun using the function to spin himself in circles.

He stared rather jealously at another Wildclaw's invention, hers was floating off the ground in the air. While his was like a child's toy with a remote control, hers was sophisticated and delicate. The Wildclaw who had been here before must have been a complete moron. Still, the white bones looked pretty cool against the flames, and the wheels had been modified to look like giant skulls.. so he was basically riding a massive skull transporter. Macabre, some plague dragon might like it. he stared at the female wildclaw before deciding that yes, today was the day he would try out dragon to dragon communication.

"In...ven...tion... serve.. what.. fun..ction?" He questioned, a monotone, crackling robot voice came from the mouth of his Wildclaw meat suit.
@Stormdragon @Drav

98 percent success rate. There must have been something wrong with his inner computing system. That or it had been because he had been doing a test run yesterday, and his systems hadn't been at 100 percent operation just yet. Fine. If his creation wasn't the most creative, it would certainly be on the best display case.

Fourtytwo pattered to another invention and casually knocked it over with his tail, improving his chances even further of him winning. He still had no idea why he wanted to win so bad. Must be some kind of software bug. He was still working out the final bugs, and erasing the mind of the wildclaw who had been in here before completely was proving more difficult than he had first imagined.

He turned back to his transportation vehicle, a scowl on his face. Time for a complete overhaul of the system. He scowled and dismantled the entire thing before putting it back together, this time with 3 percent faster processing speed. he then toyed with the remote, replacing a few components so it could drive 41 percent further than before. Electricity surged and his transporter squeaked into motion. Forward, reverse... sideways. Diagonal (what? how did he even do that?). It was like a massive surfboard. And what was this button in the center for? He couldn't remember doing this. He pushed the button and the transporter started to play rather obnoxiously loud music.

"**.. firrmalative... the noses.... work...ing machine." But why? why was it playing music?
what function did it serve? Whatever, he didn't care anymore. He was having too much fun using the function to spin himself in circles.

He stared rather jealously at another Wildclaw's invention, hers was floating off the ground in the air. While his was like a child's toy with a remote control, hers was sophisticated and delicate. The Wildclaw who had been here before must have been a complete moron. Still, the white bones looked pretty cool against the flames, and the wheels had been modified to look like giant skulls.. so he was basically riding a massive skull transporter. Macabre, some plague dragon might like it. he stared at the female wildclaw before deciding that yes, today was the day he would try out dragon to dragon communication.

"In...ven...tion... serve.. what.. fun..ction?" He questioned, a monotone, crackling robot voice came from the mouth of his Wildclaw meat suit.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
@Stormdragon - don't mind me, just posting hella late for the fun of it! :D I know this is late, but I just wanted to play along! Don't count this for points (unless you want to lol). [b]THE INVENTOR[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7032710] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70328/7032710_350.png[/img] [/url] Meet Laeida. Born from an unhatched lightning egg, Laeida spent her very earliest days traveling with the secretive Caliph, her adoptive older brother. When he realized that he couldn't care for her, he left her in a soft nest of bamboo near to the leaders of the clan of the Aubade Spire, then a rag-tag group of nomads. She remembers little of this time, but he left her a small mechanical toy that she loved to play with. As she got older, her natural lightning affinity for curiousity and her Wind home's birthright of exploration combined to give her a habit of picking up miscellaneous junk during the clan's travels, which she would then tinker into the strangest inventions she could dream up. [b]NOW[/b] Laeida has recently decided to travel back to her roots by visiting the Thundercrack Carnivale's World Fair, and is excited to show off the invention she's cobbled together using gizmos and gadgets from her travels (showing off her Wind Flight pride!). [b]DAY 1 [/b]- 1 pt D) It's got to be here somewhere, Laeida just knows it! While she can probably whip something up quickly, she might as well take a look to see if it's been misplaced first. [b]DAY 2 [/b]- 2 pts C) electricity should be easy to find in the lightning territory, and Laeida can use her lightning bending skills to juice it up if she needs to, as well. (Although Anlaei would be better at just catching the lightning - her clan's lightning collector is unparalleled). [b]DAY 3[/b] - 0 pts X) Charged tungsten is a CLASSIC. Tried and true works for Laeida! Too bad it doesn't work so well with the copper tubes from earlier... [b]DAY 4 [/b]- 1 pt B) Laeida can use her small size to sneak past those guards, perhaps? [b]DAY 5[/b] - 2pts B) Wood will insulate her charged up coils and make sure it doesn't spring out and hurt anyone! [b]DAY 6[/b] - 1 pt A) A lil zap from her lightning and the mechanical birbs will drop down and give up their bolts! Hopefully at least... [b]DAY 7[/b] - 3 pts B) Golem companions aren't exactly original, but they'll be popular with hatchlings! And the wooden frame (coated with magical fae resin) should insulate the electric coils well enough to protect the babies from any harm. TOTAL SO FAR: 10 pts (I think??) This was a lot of fun!! Great job with the organization and the story, it flowed really nicely!
@Stormdragon - don't mind me, just posting hella late for the fun of it! :D

I know this is late, but I just wanted to play along! Don't count this for points (unless you want to lol).

THE INVENTOR

7032710_350.png

Meet Laeida. Born from an unhatched lightning egg, Laeida spent her very earliest days traveling with the secretive Caliph, her adoptive older brother. When he realized that he couldn't care for her, he left her in a soft nest of bamboo near to the leaders of the clan of the Aubade Spire, then a rag-tag group of nomads. She remembers little of this time, but he left her a small mechanical toy that she loved to play with. As she got older, her natural lightning affinity for curiousity and her Wind home's birthright of exploration combined to give her a habit of picking up miscellaneous junk during the clan's travels, which she would then tinker into the strangest inventions she could dream up.

NOW

Laeida has recently decided to travel back to her roots by visiting the Thundercrack Carnivale's World Fair, and is excited to show off the invention she's cobbled together using gizmos and gadgets from her travels (showing off her Wind Flight pride!).

DAY 1 - 1 pt

D) It's got to be here somewhere, Laeida just knows it! While she can probably whip something up quickly, she might as well take a look to see if it's been misplaced first.

DAY 2 - 2 pts

C) electricity should be easy to find in the lightning territory, and Laeida can use her lightning bending skills to juice it up if she needs to, as well. (Although Anlaei would be better at just catching the lightning - her clan's lightning collector is unparalleled).

DAY 3 - 0 pts

X) Charged tungsten is a CLASSIC. Tried and true works for Laeida! Too bad it doesn't work so well with the copper tubes from earlier...

DAY 4 - 1 pt

B) Laeida can use her small size to sneak past those guards, perhaps?

DAY 5 - 2pts

B) Wood will insulate her charged up coils and make sure it doesn't spring out and hurt anyone!

DAY 6 - 1 pt

A) A lil zap from her lightning and the mechanical birbs will drop down and give up their bolts! Hopefully at least...

DAY 7 - 3 pts

B) Golem companions aren't exactly original, but they'll be popular with hatchlings! And the wooden frame (coated with magical fae resin) should insulate the electric coils well enough to protect the babies from any harm.

TOTAL SO FAR: 10 pts (I think??)

This was a lot of fun!! Great job with the organization and the story, it flowed really nicely!

Y99ZepA.gif tumblr_inline_o2z815OLVT1qdrhpp_100.png

dont forget to eat sleep
stretch take meds and HYDRATE!! ^^
Jenna | 27 | FR+3
FR Tumblr
kz23hWB.gif
hqOBlzs.gif
@Stormdragon If it’s permissible, I’ll acquire a translator NPC to make the presentation more accessible (Molerince isn’t a linguist either and hasn’t exactly been heavily involved with the thing). Also, unless someone interacts with them, I’ll post a speech before I turn in for the night (8 hours ahead of FR as I am). [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=500456][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5005/500456_350.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3487765][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/34878/3487765_350.png[/img][/url] Myzrin rested one paw on the shell. Yes, it was but a prototype with size limitations (one could only gather so great a quantity of material to craft with within the anomalous time constraints), but it was functional enough to effectuate the idea. At last. It was complete. They were ready. The Coatl spent that evening and the following morning preparing and planning her presentation, attempting a couple of trial runs with Coatl volunteers she’d found. Molerince also showed her some sign ideas and Myzrin drew up some diagrams to help explain how her design was able to respond to difficult conditions. What the Coatl had not expected was Molerince’s sudden desire to play dress-up. With the real work done, Molerince decided they had time to play with Myzrin’s wardrobe. The Wildclaw’s birth-clan had plenty of spares they were happy to loan out for the day. ‘Steampunk’s popular and fun.’ It was certainly commonplace, a couple of the judges wore full sets themselves. The collar on the steampunk vest irritated Myzrin and the wings made too much noise. With the tail bauble, she hesitated, and they set it to one side. Myzrin continued her critique. Sandwaste slacks made it difficult not to trip, wingbangles didn’t suit her, flair scarves were impractically long, silks were deemed ridiculous, and she had no intention of obstructing her forepaws or eyes. No interference with the goggles would be tolerated, which was fine. They suited both her and the event very well in Molerince’s opinion. The Coatl didn’t care for any teardrop jewellery, in particular, earrings were practically a hazard in her opinion. However, Molerince did manage to persuade her into leaving the jade ring and a sparkling tailbow on. The Wildclaw told her she looked beautiful in both the blue and the white tunic. Myzrin felt the embellishment to be…unsettling. Such a thing would easily become stained, torn, or otherwise damaged by a working Lightning dragon. She couldn’t feel at ease in it. She eventually acquiesced to an ornate pearly necklace. An electrified sash was considered at one point. But the fact of its status as an honorary garment made the idea of wearing it before winning potentially pretentious. They then checked the things that had been set aside: white breeches and the steampunk tail bauble. Molerince felt uncertain about the addition of the breeches to what the Coatl was already wearing. For a moment she thought Myzrin was sold on the tail bauble, before she dismissed it as an overcomplication, ‘[i]it’s the invention, not the clothes, that make the inventor.[/i]’ She felt. Molerince also gave Myzrin her Electrician’s armband, ‘for luck,’ she said. It seemed a ridiculous notion to Myzrin, but recognised that it was the gesture that the Wildclaw valued, and it was one of the more tolerable pieces of apparel the Coatl had tried on that day. Molerince wore a set of silver cuffs of science for the event in its place. Molerince was no fashionista, as many could surmise from how practically haphazard her accoutrements were. But she found it an enjoyable way to try contribute to her friend’s presentation…well, the word implies a need to be presentable after all. The change she’d made was not especially significant, but it was one they were both happy with, and that was the most important thing. They didn't set out immediately after that, as Myzrin had found the activity somewhat tiring. ~~~ As they entered, a dragon gave Myzrin an approving look. Was that the Plague dragon from the day Myzrin had used bones in her structure? Perhaps there were some here worth more respect than scorn. Come to think of it, within the last couple of days Myzrin had been aware of a number of dragons pass by on occasion, looking agitated and distressed. A few carrying some portion of a project that looked to potentially involve bones. But then some dragon strutted in with a speaking skycat drone, and the Coatl flicked her tongue irritably. ‘We’re supposed to look ahead, remember?’ Myzrin saw Molerince, smiling at her in concern. She was right. This was no time for seething over the machine that could have been. Sometime, she would return to her older project, but for now focus on the current one. As Molerince had decided to help Myzrin, at least with setting up for the day, Belttissa had found someone to take her at the parts of the day which would be darkest and hence most comfortable for her. When setting up, they tried choosing a place on the second floor balcony that was visible to anyone entering and not far from the stairs (there were Snappers and Mirrors in attendance who preferred them). Simply being on the second floor would make it easier for the two to manoeuvre the presentation subject out of the room Myzrin had been using that week. Compromises would have to be made, after all, some had been choosing spots on the first day, but the two seemed pretty satisfied with the outcome. Molerince managed to get Myzrin to allow her table to have glitter as well as the diagrams. They’d settled on a sign with the words: develop, improve and advance. While they weren’t innovating, it did not mean their work was without value. Plus Molerince thought it connoted the nifty image of vehicles, literally advancing. The Wildclaw was quite thrilled to get her first proper look at Myzrin’s work as she helped the Coatl carry it out to where they were set up. The aesthetically pleasing nuts and bolts taken from the gold apparel dazzled Molerince, ‘it’s beautiful.’ She was a little surprised at the bones, but was pleased to note the lack of any smell or apparent decay. ‘[i]I wouldn’t use material so obviously flawed,[/i]’ the Coatl muttered in her native speech, but the Wildclaw wasn’t repulsed, so she was satisfied. A hatch had been installed for anyone wanting to inspect the engine and power source, and once it had been set down beside their table, Molerince took a look. She simply smiled at the copper, impressed by the power of the almonds. ‘Let’s hope no Tundra attendees have forgotten their lunch,’ she joked. ‘[i]Even if it’s likely to shock them something nasty, I’d rather beat the impertinent beggar off with my own claws.[/i]’ The Wildclaw spotted some of the judges walking the hall. Unsurprisingly not all of them were Coatl. ‘We’re going to need to see if there are any translators looking to help with the presentations.’ Myzrin nodded. She’d been intending to do precisely that; preferably sooner, before they became occupied and busy. The Lightning dragon was aware that she was not the only Coatl in the competition. Molerince spotted a Coatl who was observing some of the inventors, appearing sociable while in some official capacity. ‘Hello, sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you knew who my friend could ask for help translating to non-Coatl-speakers when she presents.’ Myzrin confirmed the sentiment in Coatl. The stranger was happy to oblige them, and Myzrin thought over what the Wildclaw had said. [i]She was her friend.[/i] The Coatl closed her eyes for a moment. Yes, she was glad Molerince was here. The two returned with their assistant in tow to take up the post at their table and see who might approach.
@Stormdragon If it’s permissible, I’ll acquire a translator NPC to make the presentation more accessible (Molerince isn’t a linguist either and hasn’t exactly been heavily involved with the thing).
Also, unless someone interacts with them, I’ll post a speech before I turn in for the night (8 hours ahead of FR as I am).

500456_350.png3487765_350.png

Myzrin rested one paw on the shell. Yes, it was but a prototype with size limitations (one could only gather so great a quantity of material to craft with within the anomalous time constraints), but it was functional enough to effectuate the idea.
At last. It was complete. They were ready.

The Coatl spent that evening and the following morning preparing and planning her presentation, attempting a couple of trial runs with Coatl volunteers she’d found. Molerince also showed her some sign ideas and Myzrin drew up some diagrams to help explain how her design was able to respond to difficult conditions.

What the Coatl had not expected was Molerince’s sudden desire to play dress-up. With the real work done, Molerince decided they had time to play with Myzrin’s wardrobe. The Wildclaw’s birth-clan had plenty of spares they were happy to loan out for the day.

‘Steampunk’s popular and fun.’ It was certainly commonplace, a couple of the judges wore full sets themselves.
The collar on the steampunk vest irritated Myzrin and the wings made too much noise. With the tail bauble, she hesitated, and they set it to one side. Myzrin continued her critique.
Sandwaste slacks made it difficult not to trip, wingbangles didn’t suit her, flair scarves were impractically long, silks were deemed ridiculous, and she had no intention of obstructing her forepaws or eyes. No interference with the goggles would be tolerated, which was fine. They suited both her and the event very well in Molerince’s opinion.

The Coatl didn’t care for any teardrop jewellery, in particular, earrings were practically a hazard in her opinion. However, Molerince did manage to persuade her into leaving the jade ring and a sparkling tailbow on.

The Wildclaw told her she looked beautiful in both the blue and the white tunic. Myzrin felt the embellishment to be…unsettling. Such a thing would easily become stained, torn, or otherwise damaged by a working Lightning dragon. She couldn’t feel at ease in it.
She eventually acquiesced to an ornate pearly necklace.

An electrified sash was considered at one point. But the fact of its status as an honorary garment made the idea of wearing it before winning potentially pretentious.

They then checked the things that had been set aside: white breeches and the steampunk tail bauble. Molerince felt uncertain about the addition of the breeches to what the Coatl was already wearing. For a moment she thought Myzrin was sold on the tail bauble, before she dismissed it as an overcomplication, ‘it’s the invention, not the clothes, that make the inventor.’ She felt.

Molerince also gave Myzrin her Electrician’s armband, ‘for luck,’ she said. It seemed a ridiculous notion to Myzrin, but recognised that it was the gesture that the Wildclaw valued, and it was one of the more tolerable pieces of apparel the Coatl had tried on that day. Molerince wore a set of silver cuffs of science for the event in its place.

Molerince was no fashionista, as many could surmise from how practically haphazard her accoutrements were. But she found it an enjoyable way to try contribute to her friend’s presentation…well, the word implies a need to be presentable after all. The change she’d made was not especially significant, but it was one they were both happy with, and that was the most important thing.

They didn't set out immediately after that, as Myzrin had found the activity somewhat tiring.

~~~

As they entered, a dragon gave Myzrin an approving look.
Was that the Plague dragon from the day Myzrin had used bones in her structure? Perhaps there were some here worth more respect than scorn. Come to think of it, within the last couple of days Myzrin had been aware of a number of dragons pass by on occasion, looking agitated and distressed. A few carrying some portion of a project that looked to potentially involve bones.

But then some dragon strutted in with a speaking skycat drone, and the Coatl flicked her tongue irritably.
‘We’re supposed to look ahead, remember?’ Myzrin saw Molerince, smiling at her in concern. She was right. This was no time for seething over the machine that could have been. Sometime, she would return to her older project, but for now focus on the current one.

As Molerince had decided to help Myzrin, at least with setting up for the day, Belttissa had found someone to take her at the parts of the day which would be darkest and hence most comfortable for her.

When setting up, they tried choosing a place on the second floor balcony that was visible to anyone entering and not far from the stairs (there were Snappers and Mirrors in attendance who preferred them). Simply being on the second floor would make it easier for the two to manoeuvre the presentation subject out of the room Myzrin had been using that week. Compromises would have to be made, after all, some had been choosing spots on the first day, but the two seemed pretty satisfied with the outcome.

Molerince managed to get Myzrin to allow her table to have glitter as well as the diagrams. They’d settled on a sign with the words: develop, improve and advance. While they weren’t innovating, it did not mean their work was without value. Plus Molerince thought it connoted the nifty image of vehicles, literally advancing.

The Wildclaw was quite thrilled to get her first proper look at Myzrin’s work as she helped the Coatl carry it out to where they were set up. The aesthetically pleasing nuts and bolts taken from the gold apparel dazzled Molerince, ‘it’s beautiful.’ She was a little surprised at the bones, but was pleased to note the lack of any smell or apparent decay.
I wouldn’t use material so obviously flawed,’ the Coatl muttered in her native speech, but the Wildclaw wasn’t repulsed, so she was satisfied.

A hatch had been installed for anyone wanting to inspect the engine and power source, and once it had been set down beside their table, Molerince took a look. She simply smiled at the copper, impressed by the power of the almonds. ‘Let’s hope no Tundra attendees have forgotten their lunch,’ she joked.
Even if it’s likely to shock them something nasty, I’d rather beat the impertinent beggar off with my own claws.

The Wildclaw spotted some of the judges walking the hall. Unsurprisingly not all of them were Coatl. ‘We’re going to need to see if there are any translators looking to help with the presentations.’ Myzrin nodded. She’d been intending to do precisely that; preferably sooner, before they became occupied and busy. The Lightning dragon was aware that she was not the only Coatl in the competition.

Molerince spotted a Coatl who was observing some of the inventors, appearing sociable while in some official capacity.
‘Hello, sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you knew who my friend could ask for help translating to non-Coatl-speakers when she presents.’
Myzrin confirmed the sentiment in Coatl.

The stranger was happy to oblige them, and Myzrin thought over what the Wildclaw had said.
She was her friend. The Coatl closed her eyes for a moment. Yes, she was glad Molerince was here.

The two returned with their assistant in tow to take up the post at their table and see who might approach.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Stormdragon srry i'm not going to rp cause i have a lot of stuff to do and don't have the time.
@Stormdragon srry i'm not going to rp cause i have a lot of stuff to do and don't have the time.
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 53 54