Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 53 54
Agatha finally emerged from a fugue in which her own soft humming had drowned out the chaos of the Faire and found that the core of her work was just about done and it was time to put on the bells and whistles. Well, no literal bells. Maybe literal whistles.

"You weren't joking about the miniaturization, Mistress," the Castle remarked.

"You've seen my work before," Agatha said. "I believe you mentioned it tickled."

The Castle twitched all over, remembering the horde of tiny automatons, and Agatha mostly suppressed a giggle. "What do you plan for the finishing touches?"

"Well, I was thinking of a golem, but that seems a little derivative," she mused. "Or a Stormcatcher statuette, but I'm not sure how that would go over. Might come across as mocking."

The Castle yawned. "Do you care?"

Agatha flicked the feathers of her crest. "Suppose you were judging a contest and one of the entries seemed to be making fun of me?" She tilted her head. "Or one of the Masters you didn't tease as much yourself."

The Castle blinked at her in surprise and confusion. "What, one of the ones who died young?"

Agatha paused. "Never mind, then. Anyway, I think what I'm actually going to do is mount it in a vehicle! Then it will have another whole set of uses!"

The Castle lumbered to its feet. "I'll go back and get that five-cylinder engine."

"Oh, no, don't worry about that," Agatha said. "I have a much better idea!"

C) An all-terrain transportation vehicle. Perhaps if you get a good score with the Judges your design could be used in subsequent years to transport materials and items.
Agatha finally emerged from a fugue in which her own soft humming had drowned out the chaos of the Faire and found that the core of her work was just about done and it was time to put on the bells and whistles. Well, no literal bells. Maybe literal whistles.

"You weren't joking about the miniaturization, Mistress," the Castle remarked.

"You've seen my work before," Agatha said. "I believe you mentioned it tickled."

The Castle twitched all over, remembering the horde of tiny automatons, and Agatha mostly suppressed a giggle. "What do you plan for the finishing touches?"

"Well, I was thinking of a golem, but that seems a little derivative," she mused. "Or a Stormcatcher statuette, but I'm not sure how that would go over. Might come across as mocking."

The Castle yawned. "Do you care?"

Agatha flicked the feathers of her crest. "Suppose you were judging a contest and one of the entries seemed to be making fun of me?" She tilted her head. "Or one of the Masters you didn't tease as much yourself."

The Castle blinked at her in surprise and confusion. "What, one of the ones who died young?"

Agatha paused. "Never mind, then. Anyway, I think what I'm actually going to do is mount it in a vehicle! Then it will have another whole set of uses!"

The Castle lumbered to its feet. "I'll go back and get that five-cylinder engine."

"Oh, no, don't worry about that," Agatha said. "I have a much better idea!"

C) An all-terrain transportation vehicle. Perhaps if you get a good score with the Judges your design could be used in subsequent years to transport materials and items.
cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
"So what should we actually build with all of this stuff?" Volt asked staring at his pile of junk
"Well we went to all this trouble it might as well be useful some this stuff is just weird I mean I never even understood normal bonsai trees."
"Lets make an all-terrain clay lumen/almond powered transportation vehicle then Dragga won't drop ours on the way here and not tell us again!"
"Sounds good. Now hurry up and build before it closes again!"

"So what should we actually build with all of this stuff?" Volt asked staring at his pile of junk
"Well we went to all this trouble it might as well be useful some this stuff is just weird I mean I never even understood normal bonsai trees."
"Lets make an all-terrain clay lumen/almond powered transportation vehicle then Dragga won't drop ours on the way here and not tell us again!"
"Sounds good. Now hurry up and build before it closes again!"

FR_signature_buttons_volt_2.pngFR_signature_buttons_intro.pngFR_signature_buttons_art_shop.pngFR_signature_buttons_wishlist.pngFR_signature_buttons_volt_small.png
You hear a sharp click as the door shuts behind you. The doors are locked for the night.

Submissions for Day 7 Answers will no longer be accepted! Day 8 and the reaction to Day 7 will be posted shortly!
You hear a sharp click as the door shuts behind you. The doors are locked for the night.

Submissions for Day 7 Answers will no longer be accepted! Day 8 and the reaction to Day 7 will be posted shortly!
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
@PurplePanda @SaturdayLemon @Luna @Stasha @muscovite @ThisOneIsBlue @Digimon11 @tigressrising
A) You finish making your replica of the Stormcatcher. It’s perfect and looks just like the Bossman himself. You proudly examine your invention, you can’t wait to tell the judges and onlookers what it does tomorrow! You carefully place it on your display table while you go out to walk around and look at other’s inventions. Oh no! You realize there’s a lot of inventors here that have made inventions in the Boss’s likeness! Your invention is no longer very original!
(+0 points)
@PurplePanda @SaturdayLemon @Luna @Stasha @muscovite @ThisOneIsBlue @Digimon11 @tigressrising
A) You finish making your replica of the Stormcatcher. It’s perfect and looks just like the Bossman himself. You proudly examine your invention, you can’t wait to tell the judges and onlookers what it does tomorrow! You carefully place it on your display table while you go out to walk around and look at other’s inventions. Oh no! You realize there’s a lot of inventors here that have made inventions in the Boss’s likeness! Your invention is no longer very original!
(+0 points)
@clanguardian @rubyredtan @JinxMoonstone @BeingOfNature @Lundlaeva @Kimdra @NicoleEirin @Rhyfel @TheBestiary @Sasutin @Serendipital @Asrayl @Almedha @amsie @felistopaz
B) Your Skycat golem flutters to life, it’s LED eyes glowing a bright blue. You should check to make sure the bracelet that partially controls it works. It should be programmed with “stay” and “come”, the entire language and grammar algorithms, and a learning and memory program. The more the user uses it, the more it will learn and then be able to do.
(+3 Points)
@clanguardian @rubyredtan @JinxMoonstone @BeingOfNature @Lundlaeva @Kimdra @NicoleEirin @Rhyfel @TheBestiary @Sasutin @Serendipital @Asrayl @Almedha @amsie @felistopaz
B) Your Skycat golem flutters to life, it’s LED eyes glowing a bright blue. You should check to make sure the bracelet that partially controls it works. It should be programmed with “stay” and “come”, the entire language and grammar algorithms, and a learning and memory program. The more the user uses it, the more it will learn and then be able to do.
(+3 Points)
@Stanzascale @Windschein @kottadragon @Drav @Silvain @Kaesa @Draconequis @Schefflera @dragonfire27
C) Your transportation vehicle is about the size of a Pearlcatcher dragon. When you turn it on it makes a satisfying roar that quiets down to a low rumble. You check the engine, it should hold up for now, and hopefully the next couple days as you demonstrate it. A thought dawns on you, there’s already types of transportation vehicles like this. Hopefully yours is different enough, but you’ll just have to see!
(+1 Point)
@Stanzascale @Windschein @kottadragon @Drav @Silvain @Kaesa @Draconequis @Schefflera @dragonfire27
C) Your transportation vehicle is about the size of a Pearlcatcher dragon. When you turn it on it makes a satisfying roar that quiets down to a low rumble. You check the engine, it should hold up for now, and hopefully the next couple days as you demonstrate it. A thought dawns on you, there’s already types of transportation vehicles like this. Hopefully yours is different enough, but you’ll just have to see!
(+1 Point)
@sammpotato @Darknessdragon @Chocoli @RandomShmoe @Iztarshi @BrinBellway @jadeit @KittenFromHell @PrivateDetective @lukascend
D) Your little bonsai tree is a hit with the onlookers! It seems that it’s a very original invention that others hadn’t seen around the faire. You currently have the lights set to color change, and you watch as the lights glimmer through the colors of the rainbow.
(+2 Points)
@sammpotato @Darknessdragon @Chocoli @RandomShmoe @Iztarshi @BrinBellway @jadeit @KittenFromHell @PrivateDetective @lukascend
D) Your little bonsai tree is a hit with the onlookers! It seems that it’s a very original invention that others hadn’t seen around the faire. You currently have the lights set to color change, and you watch as the lights glimmer through the colors of the rainbow.
(+2 Points)
Day 8

You’ve finished your invention right on time! The judges announced early this morning that they’d begin circling around and judging all day. You have just enough time to set up and decorate your display table.
Today is a free RP day! Set up your stand however you please. Does it need to be cleaned up? Are you having trouble finding it? What does it look like? Who comes to visit? What does your invention do? (These are just a few idea prompts)

You do not have to RP if you don’t want to. If you do not want to RP you don't have to do anything for today.

NOTE: This RP will factor into the judging for the “Best RP” prize category. But in order to be eligible to the Best RP category you must have written at least a few sentences for at least 6 out of the 8 days.
Day 8

You’ve finished your invention right on time! The judges announced early this morning that they’d begin circling around and judging all day. You have just enough time to set up and decorate your display table.
Today is a free RP day! Set up your stand however you please. Does it need to be cleaned up? Are you having trouble finding it? What does it look like? Who comes to visit? What does your invention do? (These are just a few idea prompts)

You do not have to RP if you don’t want to. If you do not want to RP you don't have to do anything for today.

NOTE: This RP will factor into the judging for the “Best RP” prize category. But in order to be eligible to the Best RP category you must have written at least a few sentences for at least 6 out of the 8 days.
(@stromdragon can I join? I joined on day 6 so I was asking C:)
(@stromdragon can I join? I joined on day 6 so I was asking C:)
ldNLSdw.png
@Stormdragon

Can we RP with other people in the thread and visit their inventions?

(Also, is the "RP" note on the spreadsheet meant to mark everyone who's done RPing? Because I've been RPing!)
@Stormdragon

Can we RP with other people in the thread and visit their inventions?

(Also, is the "RP" note on the spreadsheet meant to mark everyone who's done RPing? Because I've been RPing!)
xmas%20in%20july%20badge.gifcryotherapy%20badge.gif
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 53 54