Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 53 54
@Stormdragon
I see! Thank you. c:
@Stormdragon
I see! Thank you. c:
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14560408] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145605/14560408_350.png[/img] [/url] Waveskimmer was filled with nervous energy as she added the finishing touches to her invention. She really wanted it to look its best. Stormcatcher himself would be judging it. And if he chose her invention as the winner, there would be no doubt that she was a true inventor, that she was a Lightning dragon worthy of making even the gods proud. Maybe if she won, the Stormcatcher would give her Lightning magic as an reward... But that little voice in the back of her head wouldn't stop nagging. [i]Would the Stormcatcher really choose you? A Lightning dragon who can't summon even a tiny spark? Who was raised in the Tidelord's domain for most of her life? Who built her invention out of scrap materials she scavenged around the Faire?[/i] Waveskimmer's heart sank. Her invention wasn't the most well-built out there, nor was it the prettiest or the flashiest. Why did she even get her hopes up in the first place? There was a knock at the entrance. Waveskimmer looked up. Shimmerglow was standing at the edge of her room, peering in. "Hey sis," he said. "How are things going?" Waveskimmer shrugged. "It's going, um...okay, I guess. Not sure if I'll win." Shimmerglow fluttered over to her side. "Hey, don't say that. I'm sure you'll do great!" He paused, and then continued more gingerly. "This isn't about your lack of magic again, is it?" Waveskimmer slammed her worktable so hard screws and bits of scrap metal flew everything. "I DON'T [i]GET IT[/i]!" she screamed. "WHY WAS IT ME, WHY DON'T I HAVE LIGHTNING MAGIC, WHY CAN'T I BE A PROPER LIGHTNING DRAGON INSTEAD OF SOME - SOME -" Shimmerglow gently wrapped his arms around her neck as Waveskimmer sobbed. "I don't - I don't - why, what kind of Lightning dragon am I when I - I can't -" "Hey. Shh. It's okay. Just let it out, let it out." Shimmerglow rubbed Waveskimmer's back as she cried. Once her sobs had subsided, he continued. "Hey, listen. I don't care whether or not you win this contest. I mean if you win, that's great, and I'll be really happy for you. But if you lose, I won't think any less of you either. I mean, your invention got lost, and you rebuilt it within a week! That's amazing! I think that's amazing, don't you?" When Waveskimmer didn't speak, he went on. "Look, personally I think that if the Stormcatcher doesn't declare you the winner, he'll be the biggest idiot this side of Sornieth, especially if he disqualifies you for some stupid reason like not having magic." "[i]Brother[/i]!" Waveskimmer hissed. "You can't just say that! Especially not in the middle of Lightning Flight territory, during their Elemental Festival!" She braced herself, but no divine thunderbolt of retribution struck. Shimmerglow chuckled. "See what I mean? Even the Stormcatcher agrees with me. And so what if you don't have Lightning magic? Who cares? I don't care. Tidepapa doesn't care. Really, if you ask me I'd take Water over Lightning any day. I mean, who would want to live in such a frantic place anyways? It's always so hot and dry, and you're always rushing to places, and the Stormcatcher is always screaming 'GET BACK TO WORK' and really, I could never imagine staying -" "Staying?" Waveskimmer interrupted. "I never said anything about staying." Shimmerglow took a sudden interest in the floor. "Right! Right, what I meant was...was..." He sighed. "Look, I heard through other dragons at the Faire that sometimes the Stormcatcher invites dragons he's really impressed by to be his personal assistants. I was worried that, if you and your suit won, he might offer you the same, and if he gave you Lightning magic to sweeten the deal..." His wings drooped. "Look, I just don't want you to leave the clan. I'd miss you if you left." Shimmerglow looked at Waveskimmer. "You wouldn't leave to join the Stormcatcher, would you?" Waveskimmer thought about it. To serve a god was the highest honor a dragon could receive. But if it meant leaving behind the dragons who took her in when she was a hatchling, leaving behind the clan who raised her as their own, leaving behind the Sea of a Thousand Currents with its soothing waters and sandy beaches, leaving behind [i]Shimmerglow[/i]... "No," she said. "I wouldn't leave." Shimmerglow looked at her. "Not even if he offered to give you Lightning magic in exchange for joining him?" Waveskimmer smiled. "Not for all the Lightning magic in the world." To prove that she meant it, Waveskimmer let Shimmerglow help her add the finishing touches to her suit. Some black paint there, a speaker there, and a few more odds and ends attached went a long way. "You sure about this?" Shimmerglow asked when they were finished. The suit now resembled [b]A) a miniature replica of the Stormcatcher’s likeness. Complete with lightning wings and a little voice that yelled “GET BACK TO WORK!”[/b] Waveskimmer grinned. "Of course not. Why would I mock the deity if I could be his future assistant? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, after all."

14560408_350.png

Waveskimmer was filled with nervous energy as she added the finishing touches to her invention. She really wanted it to look its best. Stormcatcher himself would be judging it. And if he chose her invention as the winner, there would be no doubt that she was a true inventor, that she was a Lightning dragon worthy of making even the gods proud. Maybe if she won, the Stormcatcher would give her Lightning magic as an reward...

But that little voice in the back of her head wouldn't stop nagging. Would the Stormcatcher really choose you? A Lightning dragon who can't summon even a tiny spark? Who was raised in the Tidelord's domain for most of her life? Who built her invention out of scrap materials she scavenged around the Faire? Waveskimmer's heart sank. Her invention wasn't the most well-built out there, nor was it the prettiest or the flashiest. Why did she even get her hopes up in the first place?

There was a knock at the entrance. Waveskimmer looked up. Shimmerglow was standing at the edge of her room, peering in. "Hey sis," he said. "How are things going?" Waveskimmer shrugged. "It's going, um...okay, I guess. Not sure if I'll win."

Shimmerglow fluttered over to her side. "Hey, don't say that. I'm sure you'll do great!" He paused, and then continued more gingerly. "This isn't about your lack of magic again, is it?"

Waveskimmer slammed her worktable so hard screws and bits of scrap metal flew everything. "I DON'T GET IT!" she screamed. "WHY WAS IT ME, WHY DON'T I HAVE LIGHTNING MAGIC, WHY CAN'T I BE A PROPER LIGHTNING DRAGON INSTEAD OF SOME - SOME -" Shimmerglow gently wrapped his arms around her neck as Waveskimmer sobbed. "I don't - I don't - why, what kind of Lightning dragon am I when I - I can't -"

"Hey. Shh. It's okay. Just let it out, let it out." Shimmerglow rubbed Waveskimmer's back as she cried. Once her sobs had subsided, he continued. "Hey, listen. I don't care whether or not you win this contest. I mean if you win, that's great, and I'll be really happy for you. But if you lose, I won't think any less of you either. I mean, your invention got lost, and you rebuilt it within a week! That's amazing! I think that's amazing, don't you?" When Waveskimmer didn't speak, he went on. "Look, personally I think that if the Stormcatcher doesn't declare you the winner, he'll be the biggest idiot this side of Sornieth, especially if he disqualifies you for some stupid reason like not having magic."

"Brother!" Waveskimmer hissed. "You can't just say that! Especially not in the middle of Lightning Flight territory, during their Elemental Festival!" She braced herself, but no divine thunderbolt of retribution struck. Shimmerglow chuckled. "See what I mean? Even the Stormcatcher agrees with me. And so what if you don't have Lightning magic? Who cares? I don't care. Tidepapa doesn't care. Really, if you ask me I'd take Water over Lightning any day. I mean, who would want to live in such a frantic place anyways? It's always so hot and dry, and you're always rushing to places, and the Stormcatcher is always screaming 'GET BACK TO WORK' and really, I could never imagine staying -"

"Staying?" Waveskimmer interrupted. "I never said anything about staying."

Shimmerglow took a sudden interest in the floor. "Right! Right, what I meant was...was..." He sighed. "Look, I heard through other dragons at the Faire that sometimes the Stormcatcher invites dragons he's really impressed by to be his personal assistants. I was worried that, if you and your suit won, he might offer you the same, and if he gave you Lightning magic to sweeten the deal..." His wings drooped. "Look, I just don't want you to leave the clan. I'd miss you if you left." Shimmerglow looked at Waveskimmer. "You wouldn't leave to join the Stormcatcher, would you?"

Waveskimmer thought about it. To serve a god was the highest honor a dragon could receive. But if it meant leaving behind the dragons who took her in when she was a hatchling, leaving behind the clan who raised her as their own, leaving behind the Sea of a Thousand Currents with its soothing waters and sandy beaches, leaving behind Shimmerglow...

"No," she said. "I wouldn't leave."

Shimmerglow looked at her. "Not even if he offered to give you Lightning magic in exchange for joining him?"

Waveskimmer smiled. "Not for all the Lightning magic in the world."

To prove that she meant it, Waveskimmer let Shimmerglow help her add the finishing touches to her suit. Some black paint there, a speaker there, and a few more odds and ends attached went a long way. "You sure about this?" Shimmerglow asked when they were finished. The suit now resembled A) a miniature replica of the Stormcatcher’s likeness. Complete with lightning wings and a little voice that yelled “GET BACK TO WORK!”

Waveskimmer grinned. "Of course not. Why would I mock the deity if I could be his future assistant? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, after all."
Na5WGHa.png
(@Stormdragon So if there's nothing in RP column in the spreadsheet, does that mean no credit so far for RP?) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13163624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/131637/13163624_350.png[/img] [/url] After disassembling all the pieces of steampunk apparel that he’d collected, Agate eyed the teetering mountain of parts he would use to finish assembling his invention. He curled his tail around a few bolts that were threatening to slide off the table, pushing them back towards the center. Using the apparel had been a good idea, he decided. He had more than he needed, and even if finding enough (at a good price, at least) had taken a while, he was set for the rest of the Faire now, and could concentrate on finishing the invention. He spreads all his components out in front of him. With that he’s collected he won’t be able to replicate his previous invention-an automatic hoard sorting inventory device. His engine just isn’t putting enough power out for that, not to mention he’s missing a few of the other larger components he’d used before, like the grasping claw, and the bits he’d used to assemble the sentient sorting golem. It would be rather difficult to recreate that. “Something else then…” He murmurs, humming thoughtfully, shifting his components back and forth from one paw to another. The wood is very pretty…Agate presses a piece up against his nose, snuffling in the piney scent. And it smells so good. Perhaps something natural for the design, to highlight this element of his creation? He starts brainstorming. Sketching idly, doing word associations, and word maps, processes he’s used in the past to get jumpstarted. Wood: Trees, leaves, forest, rot, carving, all those different tree species The copper coil engine glows, perched near a corner of the paper he’s scratching at, the dim light growing bright as dusk begins to fall. Eventually Agate sighs, smiles, and leans back, examining a blueprint for a[b] D) A mechanical bonsai tree. Small LED lights are scattered throughout the canopy, providing lovely multi colors of lights in the dark. [/b]It fits with his materials perfectly, the redwood will make it look absolutely lovely, especially if he presents it in a dim environment. He’ll have to create a box perhaps, with a viewing window. Agate makes a note to go back to the workspaces. And the power output isn’t more than his source can provide. The perfect solution. Something he can put together before the judging window, and something he’ll be happy to present. Agate begins working, rummaging in his supplies for the LEDs, and some wires to connect them. He can’t wait to show this off tomorrow, and after that, to show it back home to everyone in the clan.
(@Stormdragon So if there's nothing in RP column in the spreadsheet, does that mean no credit so far for RP?)

13163624_350.png

After disassembling all the pieces of steampunk apparel that he’d collected, Agate eyed the teetering mountain of parts he would use to finish assembling his invention. He curled his tail around a few bolts that were threatening to slide off the table, pushing them back towards the center.

Using the apparel had been a good idea, he decided. He had more than he needed, and even if finding enough (at a good price, at least) had taken a while, he was set for the rest of the Faire now, and could concentrate on finishing the invention.
He spreads all his components out in front of him. With that he’s collected he won’t be able to replicate his previous invention-an automatic hoard sorting inventory device. His engine just isn’t putting enough power out for that, not to mention he’s missing a few of the other larger components he’d used before, like the grasping claw, and the bits he’d used to assemble the sentient sorting golem. It would be rather difficult to recreate that.

“Something else then…” He murmurs, humming thoughtfully, shifting his components back and forth from one paw to another.

The wood is very pretty…Agate presses a piece up against his nose, snuffling in the piney scent. And it smells so good. Perhaps something natural for the design, to highlight this element of his creation?

He starts brainstorming. Sketching idly, doing word associations, and word maps, processes he’s used in the past to get jumpstarted.

Wood: Trees, leaves, forest, rot, carving, all those different tree species

The copper coil engine glows, perched near a corner of the paper he’s scratching at, the dim light growing bright as dusk begins to fall.

Eventually Agate sighs, smiles, and leans back, examining a blueprint for a D) A mechanical bonsai tree. Small LED lights are scattered throughout the canopy, providing lovely multi colors of lights in the dark. It fits with his materials perfectly, the redwood will make it look absolutely lovely, especially if he presents it in a dim environment. He’ll have to create a box perhaps, with a viewing window. Agate makes a note to go back to the workspaces. And the power output isn’t more than his source can provide.

The perfect solution. Something he can put together before the judging window, and something he’ll be happy to present. Agate begins working, rummaging in his supplies for the LEDs, and some wires to connect them. He can’t wait to show this off tomorrow, and after that, to show it back home to everyone in the clan.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9605046] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/96051/9605046_350.png[/img] [/url] "I don't think we can manage our original design," sighed Toby, looking at the pieces they'd scrounged up. "I think we're going to have to improvise." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8928540] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/89286/8928540_350.png[/img] [/url] "Well, your idea was boring anyway," said Ed, cheerfully. "I know! Why don't we make a model of the Stormcatcher! He can tell people to get back to work when they walk by! It will be a charming and inspiring piece of art!" "That sounds... utterly gauche," said Toby, making a face. "I don't know what that means," said Ed. "Is that a coatl word for amazing?" "No," said Toby. She looked disappointed. "I think... we should try your other idea." "Regarding the crushing of enemies? Oh, of course, I think we've got all the metal we need for the wheels, and of course I've developed a special electricity cannon that can be be set to stun if you happen to be a complete wimp who is only desirous of slightly annoying your enemies, but --" "Right, yes, that. I was thinking that. Except maybe with less... weaponry?" Toby suggested. "I mean. It could just be a vehicle for transporting things." "Things like lasers!" she suggested. "No, I mean, things like... supplies! And food, and tools, you know, things like that. Useful things," he said. "Lasers are very useful," she said. He sighed. "And lasers, if you must." "Hm. I think we should put spikes on the wheels still," she said. "They could be useful! For, you know, bad roads. And if any enemies happen to require crushing. And are just... in front of whoever's steering it, you know. On the bad roads." He sighed. "Fine, fine. Just in case of enemies." "Exactly!" she said, cheerfully. And they set about designing themselves [b]C. an all-terrain vehicle[/b], with optional enemy-crushing features.

9605046_350.png

"I don't think we can manage our original design," sighed Toby, looking at the pieces they'd scrounged up. "I think we're going to have to improvise."

8928540_350.png

"Well, your idea was boring anyway," said Ed, cheerfully. "I know! Why don't we make a model of the Stormcatcher! He can tell people to get back to work when they walk by! It will be a charming and inspiring piece of art!"

"That sounds... utterly gauche," said Toby, making a face.

"I don't know what that means," said Ed. "Is that a coatl word for amazing?"

"No," said Toby. She looked disappointed. "I think... we should try your other idea."

"Regarding the crushing of enemies? Oh, of course, I think we've got all the metal we need for the wheels, and of course I've developed a special electricity cannon that can be be set to stun if you happen to be a complete wimp who is only desirous of slightly annoying your enemies, but --"

"Right, yes, that. I was thinking that. Except maybe with less... weaponry?" Toby suggested. "I mean. It could just be a vehicle for transporting things."

"Things like lasers!" she suggested.

"No, I mean, things like... supplies! And food, and tools, you know, things like that. Useful things," he said.

"Lasers are very useful," she said.

He sighed. "And lasers, if you must."

"Hm. I think we should put spikes on the wheels still," she said. "They could be useful! For, you know, bad roads. And if any enemies happen to require crushing. And are just... in front of whoever's steering it, you know. On the bad roads."

He sighed. "Fine, fine. Just in case of enemies."

"Exactly!" she said, cheerfully. And they set about designing themselves C. an all-terrain vehicle, with optional enemy-crushing features.
xmas%20in%20july%20badge.gifcryotherapy%20badge.gif
@Stormdragon ((gosh i was late on this one XD, i hear something about a spreadsheet? Where is it? Im a bit blind right now i think XD bahaha.)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14569802] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145699/14569802_350.png[/img] [/url] strContainer = "" strName = "EzAdUser" '*********************************************** '* Connect to a container * '*********************************************** Set objRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://rootDSE") If strContainer = "" Then Set objContainer = GetObject("LDAP://" & _ objRootDSE.Get("defaultNamingContext")) Else Set objContainer = GetObject("LDAP://" & strContainer & "," & _ objRootDSE.Get("defaultNamingContext")) End If '*********************************************** '* End connect to a container * '*********************************************** Welcome, Fourtytwo. Bio-mechanic cyber electric suit operational. ********************************************************* *****************************Running Operation 6.238*************************************************************** Body function test beginning. ___________________________________ Fourtytwo opened the eyes of his new vessel, his old body floating aimlessly around his new one. [b]"Fernction. Part? Identity?" [/b] Fourtytwo tried out his new mouth, getting used to the strangeness of a tongue. He did a quick scan of the Golem Gauntlet beside him, nodding silently as he verified his full integration into his new wildclaw body. it had taken him seven days. Seven days of slowly corrupting an organic body and replacing each part with his own.. improvements. It had been so easy too. And now it was time to take this lumbering form for a little test run. Fourtytwo wandered over to the helpless invention the wildclaw had been creating. it looked horrible, a mass of bone and gears with rapidly sparking almonds jammed in an electric coil. He shook his head. The invention had been a distraction while he had slowly taken over. He had written each letter to the wildclaw to help himself. Still, the wildclaw's influence wasn't completely gone. He still wanted to finish what he had started. Fourty-two turned and stared blankly at the invention again. He needed to fix what little he had here. And the best way was to make it fancy. Take it apart and put it back together again. Making it look better than before. [b]"Calclulimatrating blue.. print."[/b] His circuits whirred as he sketched designs in his head. [b]"Calsurmating success. 98 percent... us-eesful."[/b] [b]C) An all-terrain transportation vehicle. Perhaps if you get a good score with the Judges your design could be used in subsequent years to transport materials and items.[/b] Forty-two stepped back and stared at his creation with a smooth nod. [b]"Succ.. succubus."[/b]
@Stormdragon

((gosh i was late on this one XD, i hear something about a spreadsheet? Where is it? Im a bit blind right now i think XD bahaha.))

14569802_350.png

strContainer = ""
strName = "EzAdUser"
'***********************************************
'* Connect to a container *
Set objRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://rootDSE")
If strContainer = "" Then
Set objContainer = GetObject("LDAP://" & _
objRootDSE.Get("defaultNamingContext"))
Else
Set objContainer = GetObject("LDAP://" & strContainer & "," & _
objRootDSE.Get("defaultNamingContext"))
End If
'* End connect to a container *

Welcome, Fourtytwo. Bio-mechanic cyber electric suit operational.

*****************************Running Operation 6.238***************************************************************

Body function test beginning.

Fourtytwo opened the eyes of his new vessel, his old body floating aimlessly around his new one.

"Fernction. Part? Identity?" Fourtytwo tried out his new mouth, getting used to the strangeness of a tongue. He did a quick scan of the Golem Gauntlet beside him, nodding silently as he verified his full integration into his new wildclaw body. it had taken him seven days. Seven days of slowly corrupting an organic body and replacing each part with his own.. improvements. It had been so easy too. And now it was time to take this lumbering form for a little test run.

Fourtytwo wandered over to the helpless invention the wildclaw had been creating. it looked horrible, a mass of bone and gears with rapidly sparking almonds jammed in an electric coil. He shook his head. The invention had been a distraction while he had slowly taken over. He had written each letter to the wildclaw to help himself. Still, the wildclaw's influence wasn't completely gone. He still wanted to finish what he had started.

Fourty-two turned and stared blankly at the invention again. He needed to fix what little he had here. And the best way was to make it fancy. Take it apart and put it back together again. Making it look better than before.

"Calclulimatrating blue.. print." His circuits whirred as he sketched designs in his head. "Calsurmating success. 98 percent... us-eesful."

C) An all-terrain transportation vehicle. Perhaps if you get a good score with the Judges your design could be used in subsequent years to transport materials and items.

Forty-two stepped back and stared at his creation with a smooth nod. "Succ.. succubus."
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
@lukascend
I'm just behind with that right now, if it has a - (dash) in the column then there's no credit for that day ^^
@lukascend
I'm just behind with that right now, if it has a - (dash) in the column then there's no credit for that day ^^
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
@Draconequis
:D
Spreadsheet!
@Draconequis
:D
Spreadsheet!
"30 Minute Warning! The doors will lock and the lights will shut off in 30 minutes! Gather your belongings and exit the building. The door will lock and will not let anyone in or out."

(30 minutes left to submit your answers and RP for Day 6)
"30 Minute Warning! The doors will lock and the lights will shut off in 30 minutes! Gather your belongings and exit the building. The door will lock and will not let anyone in or out."

(30 minutes left to submit your answers and RP for Day 6)
@Stormdragon

thank you (work went so late, im glad i got to finish this out ;D)
@Stormdragon

thank you (work went so late, im glad i got to finish this out ;D)
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
@Stormdragon
Okay, cool, thanks.
@Stormdragon
Okay, cool, thanks.
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 53 54