Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 53 54
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14317038] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/143171/14317038_350.png[/img] [/url] Dorcha plays around with the rusted scrap metal she scrounged up from around the area. Wide eyes staring at each piece individually before being tossed into 1 of 3 piles. Pile one: Get rid of Pile two: Eh, maybe Pile three: By Plaguemom! You are going to be used! Just look at you! Looking at pile 3, one would think that they would all be the best looking pieces she is able to find. Nope! That'd be silly! Sure, there are some nice looking pieces, but some...some seem to be more rusted and scratched than anything else. Dorcha gathers up the third pile and most of the second to drop it off with her other supplies. Her red gaze eyes up the almonds and she almost reaches for them. "No!" She yells at herself, "Can't eat those yet...maybe after the contest," "Nuts n Bolts. Nuts n Bolts," Dorcha sing-songs the next set of parts she needs as she flies around, looking at the possibilities. The Golem Gauntlets don't have the pieces she needs. She should know. Her mom has one and Dorcha was almost flayed alive when she tried to take the thing apart for parts that one time. Ok, maybe more than that. More like 5 times....ok, ok, 12 times, but who's counting? Obviously not her. The steampunk apparel might work, and there is plenty of it around that the other dragons won't care if she tears it apart. But, on the other hand the familiars...they are moving and working...meaning their parts are in working condition. Which, compared to everything she's been able to gather up, is a blessing. But, the other dragons might not like that she is tearing apart the familiars. She watches as a small flock of the familiars run through some of the inventions, annoying the owners of said inventions. However, on the other hand...less pests running around the place...and she can always rebuild it afterwards... [b]A)[/b] [item=Chromefeather lookout] [b] You decide to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.[/b]

14317038_350.png

Dorcha plays around with the rusted scrap metal she scrounged up from around the area. Wide eyes staring at each piece individually before being tossed into 1 of 3 piles.

Pile one: Get rid of
Pile two: Eh, maybe
Pile three: By Plaguemom! You are going to be used! Just look at you!

Looking at pile 3, one would think that they would all be the best looking pieces she is able to find.

Nope! That'd be silly! Sure, there are some nice looking pieces, but some...some seem to be more rusted and scratched than anything else.

Dorcha gathers up the third pile and most of the second to drop it off with her other supplies. Her red gaze eyes up the almonds and she almost reaches for them. "No!" She yells at herself, "Can't eat those yet...maybe after the contest,"

"Nuts n Bolts. Nuts n Bolts," Dorcha sing-songs the next set of parts she needs as she flies around, looking at the possibilities.

The Golem Gauntlets don't have the pieces she needs. She should know. Her mom has one and Dorcha was almost flayed alive when she tried to take the thing apart for parts that one time. Ok, maybe more than that. More like 5 times....ok, ok, 12 times, but who's counting? Obviously not her.

The steampunk apparel might work, and there is plenty of it around that the other dragons won't care if she tears it apart. But, on the other hand the familiars...they are moving and working...meaning their parts are in working condition. Which, compared to everything she's been able to gather up, is a blessing.

But, the other dragons might not like that she is tearing apart the familiars. She watches as a small flock of the familiars run through some of the inventions, annoying the owners of said inventions.

However, on the other hand...less pests running around the place...and she can always rebuild it afterwards...

A) Chromefeather Lookout You decide to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.
Day 6

No time again -.-

B) gold steampunk apparel

I hope it doesn't belong to anyone...
Day 6

No time again -.-

B) gold steampunk apparel

I hope it doesn't belong to anyone...
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13961175] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/139612/13961175_350.png[/img] [/url] Akira wiped his brow as sweat ran down his face. It was incredibly hot in the workshop! But he started with satisfaction at his frame. It was going quite well. Now all he needs are the bolts and nuts. Where should he get them? He saw some movement at the corner if his eye. He turned, expecting someone suspicious. Then he did a double take. It was Sakura! "Babe! What are you doing here?" he quickly reached her and embraced her, her familiar sent filling him. "Well, I missed you! You've been gone too long. Plus, I had took make sure you are eating right. I know how you get lost with these things that you forget to eat," she smiled at him and showed him her basket. "Thanks, " he pressed a quick kiss on her forehead. "But first, let's find some familiars!" [b]A) [Item=Chromefeather lookout] You decide to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.[/b]

13961175_350.png

Akira wiped his brow as sweat ran down his face. It was incredibly hot in the workshop! But he started with satisfaction at his frame. It was going quite well. Now all he needs are the bolts and nuts. Where should he get them? He saw some movement at the corner if his eye. He turned, expecting someone suspicious. Then he did a double take. It was Sakura!

"Babe! What are you doing here?" he quickly reached her and embraced her, her familiar sent filling him.

"Well, I missed you! You've been gone too long. Plus, I had took make sure you are eating right. I know how you get lost with these things that you forget to eat," she smiled at him and showed him her basket.

"Thanks, " he pressed a quick kiss on her forehead. "But first, let's find some familiars!"

A) Chromefeather Lookout You decide to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10355261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/103553/10355261_350.png[/img] [/url] "Didn't I tell you that I knew what I was doing? These pottery pieces make even better framework than I thought they would!" Rivendell looked his invention over approvingly. "I was really considering leaving after the embarrassment of the first day, but I'm quite glad I decided to stay. Considering I've had to make this on the fly and out of scraps I"m really very impressed with it. And myself of course." Ignoring the rolled eyes and mutters of "sheer blind luck mate" coming from his partner; Rivendell looked down at his invention and frowned slightly. Sure it was strong, and it looked marvelous. But would it hold together in the long term? No. [i]If only I had some nuts, and maybe a few bolts or screws to go with them. While I'm at it a few more gears couldn't hurt anything right? And what is Athos talking about? Blind luck, no such thing. It's science and logical thinking. Just because some dragons woudn't know a logical thought if it bit them on the end of their shiny purple tail and then danced off wearing their stupid hat....[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10777753] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/107778/10777753_350.png[/img] [/url] "If you really think you need some screws and what have you, I'm sure you could scavange some from around here. Lot's of places to find them if you know where to look." Athos peered over Rivendell's shoulder and poked a claw out at the mass of clay piping and wire. "Not sure why you need it. Seems ship shape to me. And mate? Your inner dialogue isn't so inner right now. And I [i]like[/i] my hat. It makes me look dashing." Batting away his friends claws Rivendell looked up sheepishly. "Sorry. It's the lack of sleep. And probably some stress. Your hat isn't [i]that [/i]stupid. I guess. I mean... if you like it that's all that matters" "Apology accepted Captain. Now let's find you some some nuts and stuff." ================== After a quick search of the main the faire's main areas the two narrowed down their available choices. Neither dragon really felt right about taking apart one of the many mechanical familars roving around the room, after all they probably belonged to one of the other inventors and even pirates draw the line at killing someone's pet. Besides that Ridgeback from their first night had made it very clear a second attempt at stealing (or liberating) another's belongings wouldn't be tolerated. Of the other options they had come up with there was really only one clear choice: [b] B: Steampunk Apparel[/b]

10355261_350.png

"Didn't I tell you that I knew what I was doing? These pottery pieces make even better framework than I thought they would!" Rivendell looked his invention over approvingly. "I was really considering leaving after the embarrassment of the first day, but I'm quite glad I decided to stay. Considering I've had to make this on the fly and out of scraps I"m really very impressed with it. And myself of course."

Ignoring the rolled eyes and mutters of "sheer blind luck mate" coming from his partner; Rivendell looked down at his invention and frowned slightly. Sure it was strong, and it looked marvelous. But would it hold together in the long term? No. If only I had some nuts, and maybe a few bolts or screws to go with them. While I'm at it a few more gears couldn't hurt anything right? And what is Athos talking about? Blind luck, no such thing. It's science and logical thinking. Just because some dragons woudn't know a logical thought if it bit them on the end of their shiny purple tail and then danced off wearing their stupid hat....

10777753_350.png

"If you really think you need some screws and what have you, I'm sure you could scavange some from around here. Lot's of places to find them if you know where to look." Athos peered over Rivendell's shoulder and poked a claw out at the mass of clay piping and wire. "Not sure why you need it. Seems ship shape to me. And mate? Your inner dialogue isn't so inner right now. And I like my hat. It makes me look dashing."

Batting away his friends claws Rivendell looked up sheepishly. "Sorry. It's the lack of sleep. And probably some stress. Your hat isn't that stupid. I guess. I mean... if you like it that's all that matters"

"Apology accepted Captain. Now let's find you some some nuts and stuff."

==================

After a quick search of the main the faire's main areas the two narrowed down their available choices. Neither dragon really felt right about taking apart one of the many mechanical familars roving around the room, after all they probably belonged to one of the other inventors and even pirates draw the line at killing someone's pet. Besides that Ridgeback from their first night had made it very clear a second attempt at stealing (or liberating) another's belongings wouldn't be tolerated. Of the other options they had come up with there was really only one clear choice:

B: Steampunk Apparel

[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6929589] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69296/6929589_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]B) You’ll get your nuts and bolts from the gold steampunk apparel lying around! There’s quite a lot of it, after all.[/b] Thistledown couldn't be happier with the finished product from the kiln. He swooped a jubilant spiral in the air. Now to make sure those pieces stayed together! He drummed his claws together. The familiars were out of the question, obviously, despite their abundance of materials. As he was thinking, a nearby dragon caught his eye. The dragon was dressed to the nines in gold steampunk apparel. Quite a few of the dragons around were wearing similar pieces, now that he looked. Some of the larger dragons were so decked out in finery that parts were falling off. While he had no intention of just taking someone's treasures, he could see some partially trampled pieces laying around unclaimed. Now to investigate those...

6929589_350.png

B) You’ll get your nuts and bolts from the gold steampunk apparel lying around! There’s quite a lot of it, after all.

Thistledown couldn't be happier with the finished product from the kiln. He swooped a jubilant spiral in the air. Now to make sure those pieces stayed together! He drummed his claws together. The familiars were out of the question, obviously, despite their abundance of materials. As he was thinking, a nearby dragon caught his eye. The dragon was dressed to the nines in gold steampunk apparel. Quite a few of the dragons around were wearing similar pieces, now that he looked. Some of the larger dragons were so decked out in finery that parts were falling off. While he had no intention of just taking someone's treasures, he could see some partially trampled pieces laying around unclaimed. Now to investigate those...
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13163624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/131637/13163624_350.png[/img][/url] The invention is coming along nicely, and the wood is working quite well. Agate had forgotten the lovely piney odor redwood has, but it wafts about as he continues his work. His invention is finally starting to resemble what is should. But it still needs a bit of work. Nuts and bolts, screws and washers, all those bits that keep everything in place. Agate needs more of those. Right now it seems to be standing together through grit, and spit, and a whole lot of duct tape, not to mention sheer force of will. Time to scrounge again. At least there’s no dearth of materials with the Faire going on. “I wonder?” Agate murmurs to himself. It wasn’t as if the organizers had introduced this challenge to test the ingenuity of the inventors, had they? He shakes his head. No time for what ifs, or could bes. He needed to find more parts. He’d walked all over yesterday, and so he paused and tried to remember some avenues of acquisition. Well, there were no end to the mechanical familiars wandering about. Birds, and hounds, meandering to and fro. People were also decked out in accordance in steampunk apparel to fit with the mechanical themes of the Faire. So that stuff was all over the place. Vendors were selling it like it was going out of style, marked up, just a bit, in case anyone had forgotten to bring their own. He remembered seeing some Golem Gauntlets flitting about as well. And he could always ask someone if they had spare odds and ends. He remembered that the Inventor’s Faire staff seemed to know what was what. Maybe they had another room like the first storage one. Agate decides against the familiars. There’s so many of them about it’s hard to tell which ones belong to who, and he’d rather not have to explain why he’s borrowing from someone else’s pet. He pokes his nose around the Faire a bit more, and eventually decides to grab up some of the [b]B) gold steampunk apparel.[/b] There’s so much of it, no one would miss a piece of two, especially if he looks for apparel that’s been lost or forgotten.

13163624_350.png

The invention is coming along nicely, and the wood is working quite well. Agate had forgotten the lovely piney odor redwood has, but it wafts about as he continues his work. His invention is finally starting to resemble what is should.

But it still needs a bit of work. Nuts and bolts, screws and washers, all those bits that keep everything in place. Agate needs more of those. Right now it seems to be standing together through grit, and spit, and a whole lot of duct tape, not to mention sheer force of will.

Time to scrounge again. At least there’s no dearth of materials with the Faire going on. “I wonder?” Agate murmurs to himself. It wasn’t as if the organizers had introduced this challenge to test the ingenuity of the inventors, had they? He shakes his head. No time for what ifs, or could bes. He needed to find more parts.

He’d walked all over yesterday, and so he paused and tried to remember some avenues of acquisition.
Well, there were no end to the mechanical familiars wandering about. Birds, and hounds, meandering to and fro. People were also decked out in accordance in steampunk apparel to fit with the mechanical themes of the Faire. So that stuff was all over the place. Vendors were selling it like it was going out of style, marked up, just a bit, in case anyone had forgotten to bring their own. He remembered seeing some Golem Gauntlets flitting about as well. And he could always ask someone if they had spare odds and ends. He remembered that the Inventor’s Faire staff seemed to know what was what. Maybe they had another room like the first storage one.

Agate decides against the familiars. There’s so many of them about it’s hard to tell which ones belong to who, and he’d rather not have to explain why he’s borrowing from someone else’s pet.

He pokes his nose around the Faire a bit more, and eventually decides to grab up some of the B) gold steampunk apparel. There’s so much of it, no one would miss a piece of two, especially if he looks for apparel that’s been lost or forgotten.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3206903] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/32070/3206903_350.png[/img] [/url] Using duct tape would be so much easier, Eggplant thought, but she knew she'd have to hunt down something better. As good of a mood as she was in, she didn't want to chance searching through miscellaneous items again, given how that'd gone down last time. This time, she'll be straight-forward and ask for hand outs. [b]Day 6, Friday: D) Ask around and see if anybody here has some spare nuts and bolts. You know this option is a gamble, many of the inventors didn’t arrive here with anything besides the ticket to pick up their invention.[/b]

3206903_350.png

Using duct tape would be so much easier, Eggplant thought, but she knew she'd have to hunt down something better. As good of a mood as she was in, she didn't want to chance searching through miscellaneous items again, given how that'd gone down last time. This time, she'll be straight-forward and ask for hand outs.

Day 6, Friday: D) Ask around and see if anybody here has some spare nuts and bolts. You know this option is a gamble, many of the inventors didn’t arrive here with anything besides the ticket to pick up their invention.
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
B) You’ll get your nuts and bolts from the gold steampunk apparel lying around! There’s quite a lot of it, after all.
pUIEQPQ.pngzydhRpA.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4774352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/47744/4774352_350.png[/img] [/url] Tesla [i]will. Not. Be. Daunted[/i]. No matter how much duct tape and rust is holding this thing together, he's so close to finishing it he can taste it. He scuttles around and over his contraption, tucking wires into place here and trying to scrape rust off there. He's determined that the Stormcatcher see every bit of effort he's put into his work. And now, for something to hold it all together and make it look more polished. There were plenty of places to snag nuts and bolts from, but he wouldn't be so cruel as to dismantle anybody's beloved familiars or faithful golems for them! His own golem, as if it sensed his thoughts, gave a metallic squeak of thanks and hopped happily on his shoulder. Tesla also was done relying on the kindness of strangers. Though he'd received some help, he'd been nearly eaten too! No inconveniencing anybody, then. There was plenty of spare apparel around that had small, fine, rust-free nuts and bolts holding it together. They'd put some welcome sparkle on his invention, and would be just the right size. And if nobody was wearing it, then they wouldn't be missing it. Rubbing his palms together, Tesla went off to go collecting. [b] B) [item=gold steampunk wings][/b]

4774352_350.png

Tesla will. Not. Be. Daunted. No matter how much duct tape and rust is holding this thing together, he's so close to finishing it he can taste it. He scuttles around and over his contraption, tucking wires into place here and trying to scrape rust off there. He's determined that the Stormcatcher see every bit of effort he's put into his work.
And now, for something to hold it all together and make it look more polished. There were plenty of places to snag nuts and bolts from, but he wouldn't be so cruel as to dismantle anybody's beloved familiars or faithful golems for them!
His own golem, as if it sensed his thoughts, gave a metallic squeak of thanks and hopped happily on his shoulder.
Tesla also was done relying on the kindness of strangers. Though he'd received some help, he'd been nearly eaten too!
No inconveniencing anybody, then. There was plenty of spare apparel around that had small, fine, rust-free nuts and bolts holding it together. They'd put some welcome sparkle on his invention, and would be just the right size. And if nobody was wearing it, then they wouldn't be missing it. Rubbing his palms together, Tesla went off to go collecting.

B) Gold Steampunk Wings
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13934915] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/139350/13934915.png[/img] [/url][/center] Tundra frowned at his poorly held together invention, tapping his claws against his snout as he thought of a way to make it... [i]better[/i]. Sure, it was looking pretty nice, but something was off... He snapped his talons together. Of course! How could he have been so blind? What his invention obviously needed was a better way to hold it together. The Wildclaw winced as he swept his gaze over the hastily applied duct tape and string again, wondering why in the world he had been stupid enough to think that those would work well enough at the time. Ah, well. That was the past-- this was the now! And no, that totally wasn't corny. Leon needed to stop looking at him like that, stat. Really, Leon. It wasn't corny. Stop buzzing derisively. Tundra surveyed the possible candidates in front of him-- apparel, familiars, and a couple Golem Gauntlets from last year. Plus, he could always ask some other dragons if they had any spare nuts or bolts. Well, this was a tough choice. The familiars were definitely out-- it felt inhumane to disassemble them, not to mention the nasty bites, scratches, and pricks he would get if he were to even try and disassemble them. The apparel was out too; he wasn't completely sure about how sturdy it was. Seriously, Strawberry's wing aligners fell apart literally twice a week. In the end, he ended up picking up a couple Golem Gauntlets and taking them back to his work area. Dragons weren't always trustable, especially if they were snootily eyeing your invention and constantly shoving their snouts up in the air. Plus, these little things looked incredibly well-held together. [b][C: Those Golem Gauntlets sold at the last Carnivale- those have got to have some nuts and bolts in them.][/b]

Tundra frowned at his poorly held together invention, tapping his claws against his snout as he thought of a way to make it... better. Sure, it was looking pretty nice, but something was off...

He snapped his talons together. Of course! How could he have been so blind? What his invention obviously needed was a better way to hold it together. The Wildclaw winced as he swept his gaze over the hastily applied duct tape and string again, wondering why in the world he had been stupid enough to think that those would work well enough at the time.

Ah, well. That was the past-- this was the now! And no, that totally wasn't corny. Leon needed to stop looking at him like that, stat. Really, Leon. It wasn't corny. Stop buzzing derisively.

Tundra surveyed the possible candidates in front of him-- apparel, familiars, and a couple Golem Gauntlets from last year. Plus, he could always ask some other dragons if they had any spare nuts or bolts.

Well, this was a tough choice.

The familiars were definitely out-- it felt inhumane to disassemble them, not to mention the nasty bites, scratches, and ****** he would get if he were to even try and disassemble them. The apparel was out too; he wasn't completely sure about how sturdy it was. Seriously, Strawberry's wing aligners fell apart literally twice a week.

In the end, he ended up picking up a couple Golem Gauntlets and taking them back to his work area. Dragons weren't always trustable, especially if they were snootily eyeing your invention and constantly shoving their snouts up in the air. Plus, these little things looked incredibly well-held together.

[C: Those Golem Gauntlets sold at the last Carnivale- those have got to have some nuts and bolts in them.]
globules.png
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 53 54