Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 53 54
"No, I am not taking apart your Golem," Agatha said, rolling her eyes. "Nor mine. Even if they'd put up with it, I prefer them intact."

"You're going to go ask around again, aren't you?" the Castle asked darkly. "In spite of what happened last time."

"No, I don't think so...." Other people's inventions were fascinating, maybe a little too fascinating. Better to stick to dismantling... inanimate objects. Yes. Agatha was happy to scavenge derelict devices, but it seemed like a shame to take apart something that was clearly active without a good reason. She decided to see what she could do with the pile of apparently discarded steampunk apparel. It wasn't too expensive, and it wasn't purely decorative, either -- the wings were designed to enhance flight and she'd even seen a pair get a Snapper off the ground. (Okay -- there might have been Unicorn Dust involved.)

B) You’ll get your nuts and bolts from the gold steampunk apparel lying around! There’s quite a lot of it, after all.
"No, I am not taking apart your Golem," Agatha said, rolling her eyes. "Nor mine. Even if they'd put up with it, I prefer them intact."

"You're going to go ask around again, aren't you?" the Castle asked darkly. "In spite of what happened last time."

"No, I don't think so...." Other people's inventions were fascinating, maybe a little too fascinating. Better to stick to dismantling... inanimate objects. Yes. Agatha was happy to scavenge derelict devices, but it seemed like a shame to take apart something that was clearly active without a good reason. She decided to see what she could do with the pile of apparently discarded steampunk apparel. It wasn't too expensive, and it wasn't purely decorative, either -- the wings were designed to enhance flight and she'd even seen a pair get a Snapper off the ground. (Okay -- there might have been Unicorn Dust involved.)

B) You’ll get your nuts and bolts from the gold steampunk apparel lying around! There’s quite a lot of it, after all.
cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
[@muscovite I’m delighted! I’m giggling at the platitude about “not letting one engineers expedited solution ruin the whole day”. I’m glad Lightning is well prepared for Eisa’s shenanigans.] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1267147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/12672/1267147_350.png[/img] [/url] Eisa opts to go for the familiars. The nuts and bolts making them up are about the right size for her invention and she can grab some of their delicate metal feathers while she’s at it — just the thing for decoration when she adds the finishing touches. There’s a slight problem though. Chromefeather Lookouts are tiny, but so is she. This calls for some alchemy. Well, she says alchemy, but honestly, boiling bones filched from the garbage heap to make glue barely counts. Not even with a bit of ooze she has handy thrown in to make it extra sticky. The next part is more fun. After all, she needs to coat a large area quickly, and that calls for explosives. Eisa picks an area with plenty of familiars walking about and not too many dragons before setting the glue bombs off. She doesn’t flit away quite fast enough after arming them and winds up with one foot stuck to her tail — which is better than the rather irate dragons in the corridor are doing since their feet are stuck to the floor. She’d better dismantle the familiars fast before they manage to wriggle themselves loose, even if it means hovering while she does so. There’s a Coatl with glue in her feathers giving her the kind of look Coatls get when they’re definitely through with diplomacy. [b]Option A for Friday.[/b]
[@muscovite I’m delighted! I’m giggling at the platitude about “not letting one engineers expedited solution ruin the whole day”. I’m glad Lightning is well prepared for Eisa’s shenanigans.]

1267147_350.png

Eisa opts to go for the familiars. The nuts and bolts making them up are about the right size for her invention and she can grab some of their delicate metal feathers while she’s at it — just the thing for decoration when she adds the finishing touches. There’s a slight problem though. Chromefeather Lookouts are tiny, but so is she. This calls for some alchemy.

Well, she says alchemy, but honestly, boiling bones filched from the garbage heap to make glue barely counts. Not even with a bit of ooze she has handy thrown in to make it extra sticky. The next part is more fun. After all, she needs to coat a large area quickly, and that calls for explosives.

Eisa picks an area with plenty of familiars walking about and not too many dragons before setting the glue bombs off. She doesn’t flit away quite fast enough after arming them and winds up with one foot stuck to her tail — which is better than the rather irate dragons in the corridor are doing since their feet are stuck to the floor. She’d better dismantle the familiars fast before they manage to wriggle themselves loose, even if it means hovering while she does so. There’s a Coatl with glue in her feathers giving her the kind of look Coatls get when they’re definitely through with diplomacy.

Option A for Friday.
The rods weren't the best in the world, but they moved smoothly when held against the spinning cogwheel. Scuteller had brought his own tools to demonstrate with, so that wouldn't be a problem (or a habit he wanted to break). The last thing he could think of was pins for all the hinge joints.

His gloves and spats looked to have the right size.

Day 6's B: Steampunk apparel
The rods weren't the best in the world, but they moved smoothly when held against the spinning cogwheel. Scuteller had brought his own tools to demonstrate with, so that wouldn't be a problem (or a habit he wanted to break). The last thing he could think of was pins for all the hinge joints.

His gloves and spats looked to have the right size.

Day 6's B: Steampunk apparel
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4890540] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/48906/4890540_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Day 6[/b]Well turns out bones were a dumb idea but i'v seen some mechanical familiars before there sure to be chock fell of nuts and bolts. I just hope i can get them to stay still they probably won't go down without a fight but they shouldn't pose to much of problem right? Oh i hope this is a good idea. [b]A) You decide to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.[/b]

4890540_350.png

Day 6Well turns out bones were a dumb idea but i'v seen some mechanical familiars before there sure to be chock fell of nuts and bolts. I just hope i can get them to stay still they probably won't go down without a fight but they shouldn't pose to much of problem right? Oh i hope this is a good idea.
A) You decide to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9850337] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/98504/9850337_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]A) You decide to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.[/b] "[i]Do dragons not know how to take care of their scrap metal? This is almost blasphemy![/i]" Mania shouted as she struggled to keep the rusted up scrap metal together. It had kept falling apart for hours. "[i]Well you're the one who left our own scrap metal in the sun for hours.[/i]" Fulgur said as he helped her. "[i]I don't want to hear it, Fulgur! I was distracted![/i]" The irritated spiral finally gave up trying to keep the scrap metal together. "[i]Do you have any useful ideas at the moment? If not, then I reccomend keeping your mouth shut.[/i]" "[i]We should probably get some nuts and bolts. They'll help keep the metal over the heat insulation.[/i]" Fulgur suggested. "[i]And where do you suppose we get these nut and bolts? Out of my tail?[/i]" The spiral was clearly having a bad day. "[i]Look around! There are hundreds of robot familiars walking around. I don't think they'll notice one or two missing.[/i]" The skydancer gestured to the scene behind them. Before long, Mania's mood went from extremely irritated to excited. "[i]Don't know what I'd do with myself without you Fulgur.[/i]" "[i]You'd probably forget everything.[/i]" "[i]True, sort of.[/i]" Then the two of them darted off to find the perfect familiar to steal nuts and bolts from.

9850337_350.png

A) You decide to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.

"Do dragons not know how to take care of their scrap metal? This is almost blasphemy!" Mania shouted as she struggled to keep the rusted up scrap metal together. It had kept falling apart for hours.

"Well you're the one who left our own scrap metal in the sun for hours." Fulgur said as he helped her.

"I don't want to hear it, Fulgur! I was distracted!" The irritated spiral finally gave up trying to keep the scrap metal together. "Do you have any useful ideas at the moment? If not, then I reccomend keeping your mouth shut."

"We should probably get some nuts and bolts. They'll help keep the metal over the heat insulation." Fulgur suggested.

"And where do you suppose we get these nut and bolts? Out of my tail?" The spiral was clearly having a bad day.

"Look around! There are hundreds of robot familiars walking around. I don't think they'll notice one or two missing." The skydancer gestured to the scene behind them.

Before long, Mania's mood went from extremely irritated to excited.

"Don't know what I'd do with myself without you Fulgur."

"You'd probably forget everything."

"True, sort of."

Then the two of them darted off to find the perfect familiar to steal nuts and bolts from.
tumblr_m7jfpbfRgR1r5fie0.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3849393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38494/3849393_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Day 6[/b] Groundsoil wipes his claws on his beard, steps back, and sighs. "Well, it's... functional." The mass of tubes, rusty scraps, and quivering tentacles whirrs a bit and then makes a load 'cronk' sound. "At least for now," he adds under his breath, "and hopefully until the judging." "Perhaps I can pretty it up a bit, with... something." He looks around at the frantic preparations around him. Some of his fellow inventors appear to be chasing... "Robotic chickens? Really?" There's a loud crackle and a boom and a singed dragons runs by, chased by what looks like one of those fancy things from last years festival. At the other end of the area there seems to be a loud argument about the ownership of some apparel left around. "Bah, they should know better than to leave anything laying around with this crowd around. Still, I'd rather avoid all that bother. I wonder if anybody might have any leftover bits and bobs they'd be willing to donate. If not... well, it does work. Sort of." [b] D) Ask around and see if anybody here has some spare nuts and bolts. You know this option is a gamble, many of the inventors didn’t arrive here with anything besides the ticket to pick up their invention. [/b]

3849393_350.png

Day 6

Groundsoil wipes his claws on his beard, steps back, and sighs. "Well, it's... functional." The mass of tubes, rusty scraps, and quivering tentacles whirrs a bit and then makes a load 'cronk' sound. "At least for now," he adds under his breath, "and hopefully until the judging."

"Perhaps I can pretty it up a bit, with... something." He looks around at the frantic preparations around him. Some of his fellow inventors appear to be chasing... "Robotic chickens? Really?"

There's a loud crackle and a boom and a singed dragons runs by, chased by what looks like one of those fancy things from last years festival. At the other end of the area there seems to be a loud argument about the ownership of some apparel left around.

"Bah, they should know better than to leave anything laying around with this crowd around. Still, I'd rather avoid all that bother. I wonder if anybody might have any leftover bits and bobs they'd be willing to donate. If not... well, it does work. Sort of."

D) Ask around and see if anybody here has some spare nuts and bolts. You know this option is a gamble, many of the inventors didn’t arrive here with anything besides the ticket to pick up their invention.
8uZAgkt.jpg
Day 6: [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/130942/13094105p.png[/img][/center] Ishkur looks around and stops when he find some strange mechanical familiars. "What do you think of these?" He asks his buddy, Wings. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/136606/13660532p.png[/img][/center] "But what about these?" Wings asks back holding up a Golem Gauntlet and Gold Steampunk Wings. "Fine, let's use the mechanical birds." They spent the rest of the day running after the familiars and collecting nuts and bolts. [b]A) You decide to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.[/b]
Day 6:
13094105p.png

Ishkur looks around and stops when he find some strange mechanical familiars. "What do you think of these?" He asks his buddy, Wings.

13660532p.png

"But what about these?" Wings asks back holding up a Golem Gauntlet and Gold Steampunk Wings. "Fine, let's use the mechanical birds." They spent the rest of the day running after the familiars and collecting nuts and bolts.

ldNLSdw.png
Daren grumbled under his breath as he tried to corral A) some of the mechanical familiars wandering about to take a few of their bolts- just what they could spare, of course, which meant he'd have to get ahold of several of the uncooperative little things, but they were too intelligent for him to feel comfortable taking one apart entirely for what he needed.

He'd thought the faire would be a more enjoyable experience than this, really- show off his invention, talk shop with some other inventors, pick up something interesting to bring home to Kene. Instead, he'd spent most of it so far running about like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to rebuild something he could easily have rebuilt in a day back home. Home- where he had a nice, well stocked space for inventing in, and a mate who was willing to guard the door for him when not busy with his own projects, and who was scary enough to deter any interruptions, and who was not here.

Daren sighed, finally admitting to himself that the problem wasn't having to rebuild a perfectly good invention (though that was a problem, certainly), but that he missed Kene terribly, both as his mate and in the sense of how useful it would be to have help on hand while rebuilding his work.

"New plan," he muttered to himself as he got to work removing the bolts from some mechanical birds, "don't leave home without Kene. It doesn't go well."
Daren grumbled under his breath as he tried to corral A) some of the mechanical familiars wandering about to take a few of their bolts- just what they could spare, of course, which meant he'd have to get ahold of several of the uncooperative little things, but they were too intelligent for him to feel comfortable taking one apart entirely for what he needed.

He'd thought the faire would be a more enjoyable experience than this, really- show off his invention, talk shop with some other inventors, pick up something interesting to bring home to Kene. Instead, he'd spent most of it so far running about like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to rebuild something he could easily have rebuilt in a day back home. Home- where he had a nice, well stocked space for inventing in, and a mate who was willing to guard the door for him when not busy with his own projects, and who was scary enough to deter any interruptions, and who was not here.

Daren sighed, finally admitting to himself that the problem wasn't having to rebuild a perfectly good invention (though that was a problem, certainly), but that he missed Kene terribly, both as his mate and in the sense of how useful it would be to have help on hand while rebuilding his work.

"New plan," he muttered to himself as he got to work removing the bolts from some mechanical birds, "don't leave home without Kene. It doesn't go well."
lets_make_some_science_by_lynntv-d6qzmxd.gif021_zpswugdkw7b.png
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[b]Day 6: B)[/b] [item= Gold Steampunk Wings][b] You’ll get your nuts and bolts from the gold steampunk apparel lying around! There’s quite a lot of it, after all.[/b]
Day 6: B) Gold Steampunk Wings You’ll get your nuts and bolts from the gold steampunk apparel lying around! There’s quite a lot of it, after all.
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 53 54