Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11255201] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/112553/11255201_350.png[/img] [/url] Scuteller was already starting to unpack his perch before he realized that his invention, a carefully balanced tool carousel, wasn't in the box he had grabbed. He pulled a tablet of parchment out of his pack instead and wrote a message in neat strokes of an inked claw. "This table is claimed for operation by Scuteller of the Camellia Archipelago. I can't be here right now, but I will be back soon if you have anything to say." He darted back to the warehouse and looked a second time, muttering, "Flower, flower," to no avail. So, a new plan was needed. He flew outside to begin his search. Maybe someone had seen his box. "Hello, I have a question. I packed my invention in a box with flowers painted on the outside. Have you seen it? [b] Sunday's B: Look outside for parts.[/b]

11255201_350.png

Scuteller was already starting to unpack his perch before he realized that his invention, a carefully balanced tool carousel, wasn't in the box he had grabbed. He pulled a tablet of parchment out of his pack instead and wrote a message in neat strokes of an inked claw.

"This table is claimed for operation by Scuteller of the Camellia Archipelago. I can't be here right now, but I will be back soon if you have anything to say."

He darted back to the warehouse and looked a second time, muttering, "Flower, flower," to no avail. So, a new plan was needed.

He flew outside to begin his search. Maybe someone had seen his box.

"Hello, I have a question. I packed my invention in a box with flowers painted on the outside. Have you seen it?

Sunday's B: Look outside for parts.
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
@Stormdragon ((ah, great, this should help me hash out the personality of a first gen i have yet to name.)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=57705&did=14569802][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145699/14569802_350.png?mtime=VbTV0QABjVQ.png[/img][/url] The unnamed Wildclaw shifted his body through the entrance to the magnificent steel and glass structures before him. He lifted his head, blue eyes reflecting the arcing electricity in the air. [b]"Hello!"[/b] He breathed excitedly, fumbling nervously with his fingers. He had just invented something wonderful.. something that would change the fate of dragons everywhere. He had come here because he had no name yet. Tempest, the leader of his clan, had given him permission to leave his clan to come here and finally make a name for himself, as dragons in his clan needed to contribute something before they were allowed a name. He had run into some other dragons who said this was rather harsh. The unnamed wildclaw couldn't help but agree in the back of his mind, though he also understood why Tempest wanted him to earn his name rather than just have it handed to him. A name was a powerful thing which was meant to be with him for the rest of his life. He heaved a sigh and continued onwards, glancing around and taking in the sights as he walked. Along the way, the Wildclaw hoped to pick up some apparel? Maybe a familair, and if he was lucky some genes to decorate his rather dull, geneless body. he wasn't expecting any miracles here though. He glanced down to his ticket, hands shaking as he made his way over to the hanger where his invention awaited him. It wasn't there. The invention wasn't there! The Wildclaw felt a surge of panic. No.. his ticket to an actual name.. his chance at getting an identity was slipping through his claws. Gods no.. now.. he would be a dissapointment to his clan. He wanted to curl up in a little ball and just lay there, unmoving. [i]No.. no no.. laying here won't solve anything, use your mind.. think![/i] the Wildclaw started clicking his talon against the ground, the rhythm of the clicking was soothing. [i]Okay think think. what to do...[/i] His eyes drifted to the other inventions around the inside of the building. His claws rested on an invention which was in the spot his was. [i]What if i just take this? [/i] The thought filled his mind and he considered it for several moments before shaking his head in disgust. [i]No.. no no.. [/i]First of all, he had no idea what this invention was even for. Secondly if the dragon showed up whose invention he had stolen he would be in a world of trouble and then have his name end up being something to do with stealing.... that was not something he wanted. Besides, he would feel so guilty stealing someone else's invention. Then they would be running around in panic like he was, passing on his troubles to someone else was not the way he wanted to do things. He paced the floor nervously, thinking as he moved. [i]Think of something else.. think! think! [/i] Well this was lightning territory.. he could just go outside and look for parts to rebuild his invention. He shook his head again. No.. stupid idea. He had prepared and fine-tuned his invention for nearly a month before this. he wasn't going to be able to rebuild it in a few hours, even if he somehow managed to get all the parts he needed. He could create a new invention, he had thousands of ideas at the back of his mind. He shoved the thought to the back of his mind. Well, that was a thought, he would do this only if it was a last resort. For now the best plan was to check the other storage facilities. This place was so huge it was highly likely his invention had been misplaced in one of the other sections. [i]"Right, time to start searching then."[/i] The Unnamed Wildclaw wasn't about to let his invention go that easily. And if he didn't manage to find it in the other storage areas?? Well.. he would have to cross that bridge when he got to it. [b]D. Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced?[/b]
@Stormdragon
((ah, great, this should help me hash out the personality of a first gen i have yet to name.))

14569802_350.png?mtime=VbTV0QABjVQ.png

The unnamed Wildclaw shifted his body through the entrance to the magnificent steel and glass structures before him. He lifted his head, blue eyes reflecting the arcing electricity in the air.

"Hello!" He breathed excitedly, fumbling nervously with his fingers. He had just invented something wonderful.. something that would change the fate of dragons everywhere. He had come here because he had no name yet. Tempest, the leader of his clan, had given him permission to leave his clan to come here and finally make a name for himself, as dragons in his clan needed to contribute something before they were allowed a name. He had run into some other dragons who said this was rather harsh. The unnamed wildclaw couldn't help but agree in the back of his mind, though he also understood why Tempest wanted him to earn his name rather than just have it handed to him. A name was a powerful thing which was meant to be with him for the rest of his life. He heaved a sigh and continued onwards, glancing around and taking in the sights as he walked.

Along the way, the Wildclaw hoped to pick up some apparel? Maybe a familair, and if he was lucky some genes to decorate his rather dull, geneless body. he wasn't expecting any miracles here though. He glanced down to his ticket, hands shaking as he made his way over to the hanger where his invention awaited him.

It wasn't there. The invention wasn't there! The Wildclaw felt a surge of panic. No.. his ticket to an actual name.. his chance at getting an identity was slipping through his claws. Gods no.. now.. he would be a dissapointment to his clan. He wanted to curl up in a little ball and just lay there, unmoving.

No.. no no.. laying here won't solve anything, use your mind.. think! the Wildclaw started clicking his talon against the ground, the rhythm of the clicking was soothing. Okay think think. what to do...

His eyes drifted to the other inventions around the inside of the building. His claws rested on an invention which was in the spot his was. What if i just take this? The thought filled his mind and he considered it for several moments before shaking his head in disgust. No.. no no.. First of all, he had no idea what this invention was even for. Secondly if the dragon showed up whose invention he had stolen he would be in a world of trouble and then have his name end up being something to do with stealing.... that was not something he wanted. Besides, he would feel so guilty stealing someone else's invention. Then they would be running around in panic like he was, passing on his troubles to someone else was not the way he wanted to do things.

He paced the floor nervously, thinking as he moved. Think of something else.. think! think! Well this was lightning territory.. he could just go outside and look for parts to rebuild his invention. He shook his head again. No.. stupid idea. He had prepared and fine-tuned his invention for nearly a month before this. he wasn't going to be able to rebuild it in a few hours, even if he somehow managed to get all the parts he needed. He could create a new invention, he had thousands of ideas at the back of his mind. He shoved the thought to the back of his mind. Well, that was a thought, he would do this only if it was a last resort. For now the best plan was to check the other storage facilities. This place was so huge it was highly likely his invention had been misplaced in one of the other sections.

"Right, time to start searching then." The Unnamed Wildclaw wasn't about to let his invention go that easily. And if he didn't manage to find it in the other storage areas?? Well.. he would have to cross that bridge when he got to it.

D. Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced?
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
@Stanzascale
Whichever you want! He's fluent in both :D But if he were greeting a fellow coatl he'd use their language ^^
@Stanzascale
Whichever you want! He's fluent in both :D But if he were greeting a fellow coatl he'd use their language ^^
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
[i]Sunday, Day 1[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4470324] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/44704/4470324_350.png[/img] [/url] "Hrrm." Quasar drops down to his haunches once he has confirmed that his invention is indeed capital-G Gone. Well, it wouldn't be the first time he'd lost one of his works, and it likely won't be the last. His works-in-progress are always disappearing or crushing themselves into flattened heaps while he's sleeping, so Quasar has learned to live and let go. "S'pose there's nothing else for it," he mumbles. Might as well try to rebuild with whatever makeshift materials he can find. He stands to leave, and his jaws open in a massive yawn. He can already feel a nap coming on. This is going to be a long day... [b]C) Look around for parts in Storage[/b]
Sunday, Day 1

4470324_350.png

"Hrrm." Quasar drops down to his haunches once he has confirmed that his invention is indeed capital-G Gone. Well, it wouldn't be the first time he'd lost one of his works, and it likely won't be the last. His works-in-progress are always disappearing or crushing themselves into flattened heaps while he's sleeping, so Quasar has learned to live and let go. "S'pose there's nothing else for it," he mumbles. Might as well try to rebuild with whatever makeshift materials he can find.

He stands to leave, and his jaws open in a massive yawn. He can already feel a nap coming on. This is going to be a long day...

C) Look around for parts in Storage
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2889587] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/28896/2889587_350.png[/img] [/url] Daren groaned, grumbling under his breath about his luck. He'd put months of work into his latest invention, certain it was his best yet and would be suitable to show off at the World Faire. He should've known better than to let anyone else transport it- he had plenty of methods of his own. "Note to self," he muttered, "always use the teleporter. Also, make a bigger teleporter, for when your stupid piece of harpy droppings invention won't [i]fit[/i] on the teleportation pad, ugh." He groaned again, covering his face with his wing. [i]Right,[/i] he thought, [i]time to rebuild it.[/i] He headed back outside, knowing that he'd find [i]something[/i] he could use. [b]B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention.[/b]

2889587_350.png

Daren groaned, grumbling under his breath about his luck. He'd put months of work into his latest invention, certain it was his best yet and would be suitable to show off at the World Faire. He should've known better than to let anyone else transport it- he had plenty of methods of his own.

"Note to self," he muttered, "always use the teleporter. Also, make a bigger teleporter, for when your stupid piece of harpy droppings invention won't fit on the teleportation pad, ugh."

He groaned again, covering his face with his wing. Right, he thought, time to rebuild it.

He headed back outside, knowing that he'd find something he could use.

B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention.
lets_make_some_science_by_lynntv-d6qzmxd.gif021_zpswugdkw7b.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14560408] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145605/14560408_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh no oh no oh NO! This can't happening! Not now!" Waveskimmer was absolutely crushed. The Inventors' Faire was supposed to be her chance to prove herself as a proper Lightning dragon. Okay, so maybe she wasn't exactly the ideal Lightning dragon - though she was born in the Shifting Expanse, she'd been adopted and raised by a Water clan. Even her name, Waveskimmer, reflected her mixed heritage. It was being raised in a Water clan that inspired her invention, actually. She saw how her Water clanmates avoided electricity because the shocks were painful to them, so she invented a suit that could absorb lightning attacks and store the energy for later while protecting the wearer. The suit could also be adapted to the Shifting Expanse, so technicians working on the Lightning Farms or Tempest Spire won't have to worry about being struck by lightning. The stored energy could then be used to power the electronics that the Lightning Flight was so fond of. Waveskimmer had believed her invention would not only help so many dragons, it would also win her the contest. But now her invention was gone. She wouldn't be able to win the contest. She wouldn't be able to prove herself as a true Lightning dragon. Waveskimmer's head drooped. Maybe this was a sign. [i]Maybe I'm not cut out to be a proper Lightning dragon after all.[/i] Flitter, her Leafy Moth familiar, flew in loop-de-loops in an attempt to cheer his master up. Waveskimmer smiled - Flitter cared so much, and she couldn't let him down. "You're right, Flitter," she said as she straightened her Copper Steampunk Scarf. Signs and omens were for Water dragons, not a Lightning dragon like her. "A true Lightning dragon wouldn't give up. Now let's [b]D) check all the storage sections for my invention. Maybe it just got misplaced somewhere, that's all./b]"[i] I'll be a proper Lightning dragon yet.[/i]

14560408_350.png

"Oh no oh no oh NO! This can't happening! Not now!"

Waveskimmer was absolutely crushed. The Inventors' Faire was supposed to be her chance to prove herself as a proper Lightning dragon. Okay, so maybe she wasn't exactly the ideal Lightning dragon - though she was born in the Shifting Expanse, she'd been adopted and raised by a Water clan. Even her name, Waveskimmer, reflected her mixed heritage. It was being raised in a Water clan that inspired her invention, actually. She saw how her Water clanmates avoided electricity because the shocks were painful to them, so she invented a suit that could absorb lightning attacks and store the energy for later while protecting the wearer. The suit could also be adapted to the Shifting Expanse, so technicians working on the Lightning Farms or Tempest Spire won't have to worry about being struck by lightning. The stored energy could then be used to power the electronics that the Lightning Flight was so fond of. Waveskimmer had believed her invention would not only help so many dragons, it would also win her the contest. But now her invention was gone. She wouldn't be able to win the contest. She wouldn't be able to prove herself as a true Lightning dragon.

Waveskimmer's head drooped. Maybe this was a sign. Maybe I'm not cut out to be a proper Lightning dragon after all.

Flitter, her Leafy Moth familiar, flew in loop-de-loops in an attempt to cheer his master up. Waveskimmer smiled - Flitter cared so much, and she couldn't let him down. "You're right, Flitter," she said as she straightened her Copper Steampunk Scarf. Signs and omens were for Water dragons, not a Lightning dragon like her. "A true Lightning dragon wouldn't give up. Now let's D) check all the storage sections for my invention. Maybe it just got misplaced somewhere, that's all./b]" I'll be a proper Lightning dragon yet.
Na5WGHa.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3849393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38494/3849393_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all, maybe someone dropped something useful.[/b] "Harrumph! Well, this figures. What can you expect from all this hurry hurry, work work, and no respite at all, at all. Mistakes! Nothing but mistakes, is what that leads to!" "I told my clan, I told them when they said I should take part in this, I told them nothing good would come of this. And now see this! What did I tell them, hmm?" "But eh, I'm here now and it is what it is. The Earth will provide."

3849393_350.png

B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all, maybe someone dropped something useful.

"Harrumph! Well, this figures. What can you expect from all this hurry hurry, work work, and no respite at all, at all. Mistakes! Nothing but mistakes, is what that leads to!"

"I told my clan, I told them when they said I should take part in this, I told them nothing good would come of this. And now see this! What did I tell them, hmm?"

"But eh, I'm here now and it is what it is. The Earth will provide."

8uZAgkt.jpg
[url=http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/126472/12647118_350.png?mtime=VbT6EwAC6Nk][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/126472/12647118_350.png?mtime=VbT6EwAC6Nk.png[/img][/url] "My invention isn't here! Someone stole it! What am I going to do?" The Skydancer paced in the storage closet, knocking over other inventions and hitting buttons and levers that definitely should not have been hit. [url=http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/149230/14922985_350.png?mtime=VbT_GAACoMc][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/149230/14922985_350.png?mtime=VbT_GAACoMc.png[/img][/url] "You could go search the rest of the storage areas for your invention. It's pretty hard to miss." The Pearlcatcher calmly replied, watching his companion get more agitated. "No, that'll take too long. Help me grab a bunch of these inventions and we'll see which one looks the best." The Skydancer punctuated his statement by walking over to the nearest invention and trying to lift it, despite it clearly being made with an Imperial's size in mind. "I'm not going to help you steal someone else's work. I'm just here to make sure you don't start a fight." The Pearlcatcher said, ignoring his clanmate's antics. "You're a jerk and I hope you drop your pearl down a flight of stairs." The Pearlcatcher merely rolled his eyes, having heard much worse from the Skydancer during his short time with the clan. "Listen, if you help me liberate some of these poor, uninspired inventions, I won't talk to anyone but the judges for the rest of the Faire. Deal?" "Well, that's a lie. Couldn't you just remake it or something?" "That'll take forever!" The Skydancer whined while his compain remained unmoved. "Ugh, fine. Let's go find some parts and I'll try to rebuild it." With that, the Skydancer stormed from the room, leaving sparking wires and toppled inventions in his wake. The Pearlcatcher sighed deeply, regretting volunteering for babysitting duty, and followed the irritable inventor, carefully avoiding the ominously beeping inventions they left behind. [b]B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all, maybe someone dropped something useful.[/b]
12647118_350.png?mtime=VbT6EwAC6Nk.png

"My invention isn't here! Someone stole it! What am I going to do?" The Skydancer paced in the storage closet, knocking over other inventions and hitting buttons and levers that definitely should not have been hit.

14922985_350.png?mtime=VbT_GAACoMc.png

"You could go search the rest of the storage areas for your invention. It's pretty hard to miss." The Pearlcatcher calmly replied, watching his companion get more agitated.

"No, that'll take too long. Help me grab a bunch of these inventions and we'll see which one looks the best." The Skydancer punctuated his statement by walking over to the nearest invention and trying to lift it, despite it clearly being made with an Imperial's size in mind.

"I'm not going to help you steal someone else's work. I'm just here to make sure you don't start a fight." The Pearlcatcher said, ignoring his clanmate's antics.

"You're a jerk and I hope you drop your pearl down a flight of stairs."

The Pearlcatcher merely rolled his eyes, having heard much worse from the Skydancer during his short time with the clan.

"Listen, if you help me liberate some of these poor, uninspired inventions, I won't talk to anyone but the judges for the rest of the Faire. Deal?"

"Well, that's a lie. Couldn't you just remake it or something?"

"That'll take forever!" The Skydancer whined while his compain remained unmoved. "Ugh, fine. Let's go find some parts and I'll try to rebuild it." With that, the Skydancer stormed from the room, leaving sparking wires and toppled inventions in his wake. The Pearlcatcher sighed deeply, regretting volunteering for babysitting duty, and followed the irritable inventor, carefully avoiding the ominously beeping inventions they left behind.

B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all, maybe someone dropped something useful.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1267147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/12672/1267147_350.png[/img] [/url] Oh nooooooo. Klaus, that killjoy Snapper from her clan, is going to be furious that Eisa lost an invention that could set the whole Faire on fire. As if half the inventions here couldn’t do that! Ugh, she can almost hear him stomping up behind her. Well, he’s not here and he worries too much anyway. Her invention isn’t going to activate itself — probably — and the important thing is to have something to show. Eisa heads outside — there are bound to be tons of parts and she’s really good at improvising. [b]Choice B for Sunday.[/b]

1267147_350.png

Oh nooooooo. Klaus, that killjoy Snapper from her clan, is going to be furious that Eisa lost an invention that could set the whole Faire on fire. As if half the inventions here couldn’t do that! Ugh, she can almost hear him stomping up behind her. Well, he’s not here and he worries too much anyway. Her invention isn’t going to activate itself — probably — and the important thing is to have something to show.

Eisa heads outside — there are bound to be tons of parts and she’s really good at improvising.

Choice B for Sunday.
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86473/8647210_350.png?mtime=VbT4ZgACDNg.png[/img] [i]This was to be expected[/i], thought Randall as he looked frantically around. Ever since he misplaced his goggles while getting ready, he knew this wouldn't turn out well. Actually, even before that. Who in their right mind signed up for the largest inventor's faire in the world just because his clanmates said [i]'Oh come on, you're a fae so you'll definitely be great with those little wires and screws'[/i]? He flickered his wings nervously [i]Maybe I just misheard him. Should I go back and ask? No! Nonono, I need to deal with this on my own, that's how things work here.[/i] He had another glance around. It was definitely not a good idea to search for it here, he would definitely get lost in the maze of corridors and plain boxes. Would he have to look through every single one of those? The window drew his attention. [i]Now that seems much better.[/i] He decided to [b]B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild his invention.[/b] He needed some fresh air anyway. In the wide steppe he would have no problem finding his way, or any useful bits and pieces, glittering in the light... [i]Ah, Light.[/i] He sighed wistfully thinking of his home. He imagined coming back in pride and glory... but that would only happen if he managed to get this situation sorted. [i]Better get going.[/i]
8647210_350.png?mtime=VbT4ZgACDNg.png
This was to be expected, thought Randall as he looked frantically around. Ever since he misplaced his goggles while getting ready, he knew this wouldn't turn out well. Actually, even before that. Who in their right mind signed up for the largest inventor's faire in the world just because his clanmates said 'Oh come on, you're a fae so you'll definitely be great with those little wires and screws'?
He flickered his wings nervously Maybe I just misheard him. Should I go back and ask? No! Nonono, I need to deal with this on my own, that's how things work here.
He had another glance around. It was definitely not a good idea to search for it here, he would definitely get lost in the maze of corridors and plain boxes. Would he have to look through every single one of those? The window drew his attention. Now that seems much better. He decided to B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild his invention. He needed some fresh air anyway. In the wide steppe he would have no problem finding his way, or any useful bits and pieces, glittering in the light... Ah, Light. He sighed wistfully thinking of his home. He imagined coming back in pride and glory... but that would only happen if he managed to get this situation sorted. Better get going.
485.png r5CjlMV.gif 188039.png200481.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54