Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 53 54
Exhausted, Static surveyed the materials he had gathered. X The Charged Tungsten looked like it would be a good fit for the coils he had chosen yesterday.

But how to use them? Would crushing to create electrical dust work? Or perhaps he could just connect wires straight to the material?

Yawning, Static picked up the glowing rock. Hopefully he'd be able to finish before he got too tired to do anymore work.
Exhausted, Static surveyed the materials he had gathered. X The Charged Tungsten looked like it would be a good fit for the coils he had chosen yesterday.

But how to use them? Would crushing to create electrical dust work? Or perhaps he could just connect wires straight to the material?

Yawning, Static picked up the glowing rock. Hopefully he'd be able to finish before he got too tired to do anymore work.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10355261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/103553/10355261_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]"I’ve seen some impressive stuff around here. Good luck impressing my grandson."[/i] Pacing back and forth Rivendell considered the old tundra's words. [i]What was that supposed to mean? Am I really that unimpressive? Has word gotten around about my actions on the first day? No. Stop. Think calm thoughts. Find a power source. You're engine won't do you any good otherwise.[/i] Deciding that he would search outside the faire for a potential power source Rivendell turned and headed out into the desert. This was lightening territory after all, and there were always plenty of discarded bits of machinery. And if worse came to worse, well, some of the local flora and fauna gave off naturally occurring electricity. Hours later RIvendell was no closer to finding any source of power and was decidedly less confident about his chances of finding a natural source of electricity. He had already found and discarded a piece of charged tungsten not seeing any way of using it to power his engine. The lemmings he had stumbled across were dismissed as well, while they did seem like a good choice, and hooking them up to his engine would be a simple matter; he didn't think he could handle an energy source that made him sneeze constantly! Plopping done on a rock Rivendell rested his head on his paws and stared out over the landscape and idly considered how best to power his invention. Perhaps something in water? Water was an excellent conductor after all and would pair well with his engine of glass tubes and coiled copper. [i]Water is a good conductor but I still need something to create a spark, preferably a strong spark. Wasn't Athos eating High-voltage almonds earlier?[/i] Jumping up Rivendell headed back to the faire in search of his companion. ========================== [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10777753] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/107778/10777753_350.png[/img] [/url] "You want my high voltage almonds eh mate? But why? You complain when I eat them. I know you don't like 'em. You'd banish them all to Davey Jone's locker if you could. What exactly do you want with them?" Hovering in front of his friends face, RIvendell exclaimed happily. "I'm going to use them to power my invention! All I need is some almonds and a source of water! It's brilliant!" Athos squirmed guiltily. "Oh. Well... um. Yeah. See the thing about that mate. I kinda well, ate them all. And I don't think you're the only dragon with that idea. The shop here is completely sold out and most of the wild bushes are stripped clean. I'm starving now [i]No almonds to be found?!? Now what would I do? Maybe there is something else in the shops I could use as power? Well, whatever is there will have to do. It's getting late. I need to find something and find it fast.[/i] "C'mon Athos, we're going shopping!" Turning in mid-air Rivendell pointed dramatically towards the small area to the east of the building. ==================== [i]Oh, this is perfect! Look at the shocks these are giving off!! I've never seen anything like it![/i] RIvendell watched in awe at the electric stingers swimming gracefully in their tank, sparks arching between their long tentacles. [i]How could I ever have overlooked such a perfect, elegant source of power?[/i] So lost in thoughts of inventions these simple jellyfish could power RIvendell lost track of exactly how long he had been standing in front of the tank. "Rivendell? Matey? Captain? Buddy... are you panicking again?" Athos' nervous tones broke into Rivendell's quiet contemplation. "Do we need to do your breathing exercises, counting exercises? Or are you in your happy place? Is that we you keep staring at the fish? Are they your happy place? Are you listening? Did you glitch out or something?" Athos punctuated his line of questions with a paw waved in front of Rivendell's snout. Grabbing the wildly waving paw, Rivendell turned his friend to look at the tank of electric stingers. "I'm not at all panicked. In fact, I'm a genius. We're, I mean I am going to use these to power my engine. It's going to be amazing!" Athos looked at his friend seemingly rather unimpressed. "Well if you say so. It's definitely going to be a nice bit of pretty. It seems mean to use them that way though." "How is this mean? If I don't use them for my invention some hungry dragon is just going to come along and eat them. And really isn't that worse? At least my way the serve a higher purpose!" "Well, I guess you might have a point. But I'm giving them names. Poor little guys. I'm going to call that one Jack. And that one Will. And those will be Gibbs, Anne and Teach." [b]Choice Z: Electric Stingers[/b] Day 3

10355261_350.png

"I’ve seen some impressive stuff around here. Good luck impressing my grandson." Pacing back and forth Rivendell considered the old tundra's words. What was that supposed to mean? Am I really that unimpressive? Has word gotten around about my actions on the first day? No. Stop. Think calm thoughts. Find a power source. You're engine won't do you any good otherwise.

Deciding that he would search outside the faire for a potential power source Rivendell turned and headed out into the desert. This was lightening territory after all, and there were always plenty of discarded bits of machinery. And if worse came to worse, well, some of the local flora and fauna gave off naturally occurring electricity.

Hours later RIvendell was no closer to finding any source of power and was decidedly less confident about his chances of finding a natural source of electricity. He had already found and discarded a piece of charged tungsten not seeing any way of using it to power his engine. The lemmings he had stumbled across were dismissed as well, while they did seem like a good choice, and hooking them up to his engine would be a simple matter; he didn't think he could handle an energy source that made him sneeze constantly!

Plopping done on a rock Rivendell rested his head on his paws and stared out over the landscape and idly considered how best to power his invention. Perhaps something in water? Water was an excellent conductor after all and would pair well with his engine of glass tubes and coiled copper.

Water is a good conductor but I still need something to create a spark, preferably a strong spark. Wasn't Athos eating High-voltage almonds earlier?

Jumping up Rivendell headed back to the faire in search of his companion.

==========================

10777753_350.png

"You want my high voltage almonds eh mate? But why? You complain when I eat them. I know you don't like 'em. You'd banish them all to Davey Jone's locker if you could. What exactly do you want with them?"

Hovering in front of his friends face, RIvendell exclaimed happily. "I'm going to use them to power my invention! All I need is some almonds and a source of water! It's brilliant!"

Athos squirmed guiltily. "Oh. Well... um. Yeah. See the thing about that mate. I kinda well, ate them all. And I don't think you're the only dragon with that idea. The shop here is completely sold out and most of the wild bushes are stripped clean. I'm starving now

No almonds to be found?!? Now what would I do? Maybe there is something else in the shops I could use as power? Well, whatever is there will have to do. It's getting late. I need to find something and find it fast.

"C'mon Athos, we're going shopping!" Turning in mid-air Rivendell pointed dramatically towards the small area to the east of the building.

====================

Oh, this is perfect! Look at the shocks these are giving off!! I've never seen anything like it! RIvendell watched in awe at the electric stingers swimming gracefully in their tank, sparks arching between their long tentacles. How could I ever have overlooked such a perfect, elegant source of power? So lost in thoughts of inventions these simple jellyfish could power RIvendell lost track of exactly how long he had been standing in front of the tank.

"Rivendell? Matey? Captain? Buddy... are you panicking again?" Athos' nervous tones broke into Rivendell's quiet contemplation. "Do we need to do your breathing exercises, counting exercises? Or are you in your happy place? Is that we you keep staring at the fish? Are they your happy place? Are you listening? Did you glitch out or something?" Athos punctuated his line of questions with a paw waved in front of Rivendell's snout.

Grabbing the wildly waving paw, Rivendell turned his friend to look at the tank of electric stingers. "I'm not at all panicked. In fact, I'm a genius. We're, I mean I am going to use these to power my engine. It's going to be amazing!"

Athos looked at his friend seemingly rather unimpressed. "Well if you say so. It's definitely going to be a nice bit of pretty. It seems mean to use them that way though."

"How is this mean? If I don't use them for my invention some hungry dragon is just going to come along and eat them. And really isn't that worse? At least my way the serve a higher purpose!"

"Well, I guess you might have a point. But I'm giving them names. Poor little guys. I'm going to call that one Jack. And that one Will. And those will be Gibbs, Anne and Teach."

Choice Z: Electric Stingers

Day 3
Day 3 -Elsa comes crashing in- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3970967] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/39710/3970967_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Hello everyone! Sorry I'm late! Kedia is technically the mad scientist of the clan, but since she is currently...preoccupied, I'm taking over!" -ignores the tied up imperial in the background struggling against the ropes and the cloth over her mouth while cloud chasers start to circle- "Annnnyways, I'm the clan cook. And what's the difference between cooking and inventing? ONE HAS A C IN IT! And a o...and a k....and the other has a v and an e and a t somewhere...anyways, the point is cooking and inventing are pretty much the same thing. SO LET'S COOK SOME STUUUUUFFF! "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Elsa, and the cat on my head is Duke Fluffypants the Third. Say hi to everyone Duke Fluffypants the Third!" -Duke Fluffypants the Third yawns and ignores everyone- "Oh come on now Duke Fluffypants the Third. I doubt if anyone else here can understand Mermish. Especially when you're speaking so softly... "Anywhos, INGREDIENT TIME! What should I pick?" -looks through the items- "...seriously? HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO COOK WITH THIS STUFF! Only one thing is edible, so I'll pick that. I mean, it has 'tongue' in the name, so it's obviously edible..." [b]X. Charged Tungsten[/b] [item=charged tungsten]
Day 3

-Elsa comes crashing in-

"Hello everyone! Sorry I'm late! Kedia is technically the mad scientist of the clan, but since she is currently...preoccupied, I'm taking over!" -ignores the tied up imperial in the background struggling against the ropes and the cloth over her mouth while cloud chasers start to circle-

"Annnnyways, I'm the clan cook. And what's the difference between cooking and inventing? ONE HAS A C IN IT! And a o...and a k....and the other has a v and an e and a t somewhere...anyways, the point is cooking and inventing are pretty much the same thing. SO LET'S COOK SOME STUUUUUFFF!

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Elsa, and the cat on my head is Duke Fluffypants the Third. Say hi to everyone Duke Fluffypants the Third!" -Duke Fluffypants the Third yawns and ignores everyone-

"Oh come on now Duke Fluffypants the Third. I doubt if anyone else here can understand Mermish. Especially when you're speaking so softly...

"Anywhos, INGREDIENT TIME! What should I pick?" -looks through the items-

"...seriously? HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO COOK WITH THIS STUFF! Only one thing is edible, so I'll pick that. I mean, it has 'tongue' in the name, so it's obviously edible..."

X. Charged Tungsten Charged Tungsten
@Kedia
I'm scared for mine and everyone else's here's lives
@Kedia
I'm scared for mine and everyone else's here's lives
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
@Stormdragon

-Kedia mutters something that may be agreement, but it's hard to tell with the cloth over her mouth and the cloud chaser currently gnawing on her head-
@Stormdragon

-Kedia mutters something that may be agreement, but it's hard to tell with the cloth over her mouth and the cloud chaser currently gnawing on her head-
Dawn sighed, a moment spent admiring the graceful insanity of the Storm Dancers. "It'd be nice to recruit a little help, but they're busy and I haven't the time to convince anyone to work for me, let alone for free. No. I'll have to sort this out myself."

Searching for a good source of power should have been simple. But the best laid plans never survive the first encounter with lemmings. As the thieving rodent absconded with Dawn's snack of high-voltage almonds, it scrambled over a rocky ledge, before disappearing in the shadows below. Biting back a rather unlady-like exclamation, Dawn was about to give chase when out of the corner of her eye, the shimmering blue of [Choice X] Charged Tungsten pulled her out of her growing ire.

As she gathered the glowing minerals, she muttered two words after the lemming. "Fair trade."
Dawn sighed, a moment spent admiring the graceful insanity of the Storm Dancers. "It'd be nice to recruit a little help, but they're busy and I haven't the time to convince anyone to work for me, let alone for free. No. I'll have to sort this out myself."

Searching for a good source of power should have been simple. But the best laid plans never survive the first encounter with lemmings. As the thieving rodent absconded with Dawn's snack of high-voltage almonds, it scrambled over a rocky ledge, before disappearing in the shadows below. Biting back a rather unlady-like exclamation, Dawn was about to give chase when out of the corner of her eye, the shimmering blue of [Choice X] Charged Tungsten pulled her out of her growing ire.

As she gathered the glowing minerals, she muttered two words after the lemming. "Fair trade."
An automated voice comes on the loudspeaker,

"30 Minute Warning! The doors will lock and the lights will shut off in 30 minutes! Gather your belongings and exit the building. The door will lock and will not let anyone in or out."

(30 minutes left to submit your answers and RP for Day 3)
An automated voice comes on the loudspeaker,

"30 Minute Warning! The doors will lock and the lights will shut off in 30 minutes! Gather your belongings and exit the building. The door will lock and will not let anyone in or out."

(30 minutes left to submit your answers and RP for Day 3)
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14317038] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/143171/14317038_350.png[/img] [/url] Dorcha stares down at the objects that she was able to find. How she found the jellyfish out here you may ask...don't. Really. Don't. She plays with the Lemming absentmindedly with her tail as she regards the last two items. The Tungsten would fit in her small battery case, but to use the Almonds as a power source is highly amusing to her. She pops one of the Almonds into her mouth and the zig that zaps through her body causes her to whack the poor lemming with her tail and send it flying back out into the shifting expanse. Oops. But damn, those were tasty. She gathers the rest up, guess she shouldn't use these then. They'll all be eaten before she is able to [i]use[/i] them for anything. So, with the Almonds in her front claws, she grasps the Charged Tungsten in her back pair and she heads back to the building. Her body straightening its full length in midair everytime she eats another Almond. [b]X) [item=charged tungsten][/b]

14317038_350.png

Dorcha stares down at the objects that she was able to find.

How she found the jellyfish out here you may ask...don't. Really. Don't.

She plays with the Lemming absentmindedly with her tail as she regards the last two items. The Tungsten would fit in her small battery case, but to use the Almonds as a power source is highly amusing to her.

She pops one of the Almonds into her mouth and the zig that zaps through her body causes her to whack the poor lemming with her tail and send it flying back out into the shifting expanse.

Oops.

But damn, those were tasty. She gathers the rest up, guess she shouldn't use these then. They'll all be eaten before she is able to use them for anything.

So, with the Almonds in her front claws, she grasps the Charged Tungsten in her back pair and she heads back to the building.

Her body straightening its full length in midair everytime she eats another Almond.

X) Charged Tungsten
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13163624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/131637/13163624_350.png[/img] [/url] Agate pondered over the words the machine-like Tundra had said. It sounded like the judging would be tough, and that years past have set the bar high. If he tried his best though, things would surely work out. As he scrounged around for a power source for the copper-coil engine, he continued to glance up at the Storm Dancers. What they did was impressive, and Agate wondered what I was like to soar about in that crackling power. But he needed to stay focused. It wouldn’t do to get distracted now. As he pushed through bushes, Static Charged Lemmings darted out from underfoot, squeaking as they sought new hiding spots. They would have paired well with the hamster wheel, but he hadn’t wanted the trouble of dealing with living things. Twigs, and leaves and other debris crunched and crackled under foot, as Agate continued to hunt. Above his head, he heard quiet chittering, and when he glanced up, realized that he was walking below some High-Voltage Almond trees. Some of the Lemmings had scampered up into the branches in search of refuge, and possibly food, though there were plenty of almonds that had fallen to the ground. Agate brushed them thoughtfully, feeling out their static discharge. This could work, but he felt he could still find something better. He would come back if there was nothing else suitable. A bit further on, Agate found a pool of clear water, and glancing in it revealed it to be full of Electric Stingers. His nose wrinkled a bit. Another living thing. A wet thing. Drippy thing. It needed water to survive. Probably not. A bit more scrounging around turned up some [b]X) Charged Tungsten.[/b] Well, this looked the most promising so far. This could easily be connected to the copper-coil device, with wires. That would be the straightforward option. With some more thought on the matter, he could probably even get more creative. Yes. These would be best. Looking around turned up a few more pieces, and Agate walked back with a handful of the stuff, confident he had found something, and enough of it to power his engine.

13163624_350.png

Agate pondered over the words the machine-like Tundra had said. It sounded like the judging would be tough, and that years past have set the bar high. If he tried his best though, things would surely work out.

As he scrounged around for a power source for the copper-coil engine, he continued to glance up at the Storm Dancers. What they did was impressive, and Agate wondered what I was like to soar about in that crackling power. But he needed to stay focused. It wouldn’t do to get distracted now.

As he pushed through bushes, Static Charged Lemmings darted out from underfoot, squeaking as they sought new hiding spots. They would have paired well with the hamster wheel, but he hadn’t wanted the trouble of dealing with living things.

Twigs, and leaves and other debris crunched and crackled under foot, as Agate continued to hunt. Above his head, he heard quiet chittering, and when he glanced up, realized that he was walking below some High-Voltage Almond trees. Some of the Lemmings had scampered up into the branches in search of refuge, and possibly food, though there were plenty of almonds that had fallen to the ground. Agate brushed them thoughtfully, feeling out their static discharge. This could work, but he felt he could still find something better. He would come back if there was nothing else suitable.

A bit further on, Agate found a pool of clear water, and glancing in it revealed it to be full of Electric Stingers. His nose wrinkled a bit. Another living thing. A wet thing. Drippy thing. It needed water to survive. Probably not.

A bit more scrounging around turned up some X) Charged Tungsten. Well, this looked the most promising so far. This could easily be connected to the copper-coil device, with wires. That would be the straightforward option. With some more thought on the matter, he could probably even get more creative. Yes. These would be best. Looking around turned up a few more pieces, and Agate walked back with a handful of the stuff, confident he had found something, and enough of it to power his engine.
After several hours of scrounging for a power source, Ed and Toby sorted through their options.

"Let's not use the lemming," Toby suggested. In the sand, he scratched out a setup with a tank for Z. the jellyfish they'd managed to dredge up from some oasis. "I think we can collect the energy from the water as long as we keep them alive and happy."

"I was saving the lemming for lunch," said Ed, rolling all four of her eyes . "Pity we didn't grab that hamster wheel, though. What about those almonds?" she asked.

"They're my almonds, I found them and I haven't had anything to eat all day and you've got your lemming, I should have something," he said, crankily.

"...That really might not be a good --" she started, and then broke off, laughing, as his snack zapped him and made all his fur puff up.
After several hours of scrounging for a power source, Ed and Toby sorted through their options.

"Let's not use the lemming," Toby suggested. In the sand, he scratched out a setup with a tank for Z. the jellyfish they'd managed to dredge up from some oasis. "I think we can collect the energy from the water as long as we keep them alive and happy."

"I was saving the lemming for lunch," said Ed, rolling all four of her eyes . "Pity we didn't grab that hamster wheel, though. What about those almonds?" she asked.

"They're my almonds, I found them and I haven't had anything to eat all day and you've got your lemming, I should have something," he said, crankily.

"...That really might not be a good --" she started, and then broke off, laughing, as his snack zapped him and made all his fur puff up.
xmas%20in%20july%20badge.gifcryotherapy%20badge.gif
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 53 54