Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 53 54
[center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3054555] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30546/3054555_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [color=purple] Gardenia awoke with a start, blinking sleep out of his eyes. Glancing at a nearby calendar, he gasped, shooting to his feet- he had missed a whole day! Staggering about, he come across a battery pack- certainly not the most powerful of things, but it does the job that Gardenia needed it to do. Rushing about outside, he used his keen- if slightly blunt with age- senses, so nab up a few [b]Static Charged Lemmings[/b]- they may not be much, but as a storm was raging overhead, there were plenty of these little guys out and about! Gathering up a good armful of them, he found a sturdy looking box to house them in and some plant food from the mart up the stairs. As the Lemmings milled about, Gardenia set up a few copper poles in the box and wired them to the battery pack- as the static of the Lemmings fizzed out, it caught onto the pole and whizzed into the battery pack, slowly charging up the old batteries. [i]" I can only hope that this works!"[/i] ~~~ {Bonus???} As the night began to settle, Gardenia started towards the exit, much preferring to sleep out in the storm than in the building. As he was leaving, he overheard some excited young dragons conversing in not-so-hushed voices. [i]"Did ya hear? We get to sleep in the building if we want! There's a kitchen, a storage room a toilet... heck, I think they even leave the door to the security office open!" "What? The place where they have all the camera feeds in?" "Yeah! I say we bunk up in their and watch all the scaredy dragons from there!" "I don't know frito... sounds like one of those horror things. Something bad is bound to happen!" "Oh hush up, what's the worst that could happen? A runaway golem try to kidnap us to the Workshop and stuff us in a Borer?"[/i] At that, the bigger of the two laughed, whereas the other one looked positively spooked! Gardenia shuddered, and moved on all the more quicker... He had enough of [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1499134/1]Gumption and her children[/url], let alone raging golems... Outside, and half-way up a very tall tree, Gardenia settled down for the night, watching the windows of the building intently before drifting off to sleep. [size=2][s]Sorry not sorry I don't even know why I dropped that reference in there but to be honest when ye described the lockdown thing it was the first thing in my head, well, that and Ghost Hunters, mk plz dun hit meh :'o[/s]

Gardenia awoke with a start, blinking sleep out of his eyes. Glancing at a nearby calendar, he gasped, shooting to his feet- he had missed a whole day!

Staggering about, he come across a battery pack- certainly not the most powerful of things, but it does the job that Gardenia needed it to do.

Rushing about outside, he used his keen- if slightly blunt with age- senses, so nab up a few Static Charged Lemmings- they may not be much, but as a storm was raging overhead, there were plenty of these little guys out and about! Gathering up a good armful of them, he found a sturdy looking box to house them in and some plant food from the mart up the stairs. As the Lemmings milled about, Gardenia set up a few copper poles in the box and wired them to the battery pack- as the static of the Lemmings fizzed out, it caught onto the pole and whizzed into the battery pack, slowly charging up the old batteries.

" I can only hope that this works!"

~~~
{Bonus???}

As the night began to settle, Gardenia started towards the exit, much preferring to sleep out in the storm than in the building.
As he was leaving, he overheard some excited young dragons conversing in not-so-hushed voices.
"Did ya hear? We get to sleep in the building if we want! There's a kitchen, a storage room a toilet... heck, I think they even leave the door to the security office open!"
"What? The place where they have all the camera feeds in?"
"Yeah! I say we bunk up in their and watch all the scaredy dragons from there!"
"I don't know frito... sounds like one of those horror things. Something bad is bound to happen!"
"Oh hush up, what's the worst that could happen? A runaway golem try to kidnap us to the Workshop and stuff us in a Borer?"

At that, the bigger of the two laughed, whereas the other one looked positively spooked!

Gardenia shuddered, and moved on all the more quicker... He had enough of Gumption and her children, let alone raging golems...

Outside, and half-way up a very tall tree, Gardenia settled down for the night, watching the windows of the building intently before drifting off to sleep.

Sorry not sorry I don't even know why I dropped that reference in there but to be honest when ye described the lockdown thing it was the first thing in my head, well, that and Ghost Hunters, mk plz dun hit meh :'o
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2892258] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/28923/2892258_350.png[/img] [/url] Virethis arrived to the Faire at the third day. Third day, not first. He blame his not-so-trusted-now mechanical dragon (Mech for friends and his creator), responsible for schedules (and many other things). At the moment, Mech was looking for somethnig electrical, which could be used as power source. Coatl has had expierence in mixing water and electricity with excelent results, but flying through lightning storm, especially this lightning storm, so close to Boss, was a very bad idea. Instead Virethis gave command and Mech obeyed, as always. And he brought fluffy, although crackling, lemming. [b]W) Static Charged Lemming [/b]

2892258_350.png

Virethis arrived to the Faire at the third day. Third day, not first. He blame his not-so-trusted-now mechanical dragon (Mech for friends and his creator), responsible for schedules (and many other things). At the moment, Mech was looking for somethnig electrical, which could be used as power source. Coatl has had expierence in mixing water and electricity with excelent results, but flying through lightning storm, especially this lightning storm, so close to Boss, was a very bad idea. Instead Virethis gave command and Mech obeyed, as always. And he brought fluffy, although crackling, lemming.

W) Static Charged Lemming
arcane_banner.pngFR time +9 q4Bwlp9.png ueQv8.gif
[b]Y) [item=high-voltage almonds][/b]
Y) High-Voltage Almonds
OOf4SrF.gif MWFAgdF.gif OOf4SrF.gif
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/17719/1771800.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/33074/3307357.png[/img] Agatha's wings kept twitching to catch the wind the whole time they searched -- she really wanted to try her hand at harvesting the stormclouds -- but it was probably best not to offend their hosts. After two hours she perched over their finds. The static charged lemming tried to run, but the Castle put down a claw in front of it every time. After zapping the foot failed to produce any observable effect, the lemming hunkered down and was still. "Well, that would run the hamster wheel," she remarked. "That broke," said the Castle. "It's fixable!" But really not where she needed to be focused. She did have glowing rocks. You couldn't go wrong with glowing rocks. Well, you could, but at least it was almost guaranteed to be interesting. And the rocks also had another advantage, as a selection. It had been a long time since dinner last night. "I think the Charged Tungsten is our best bet," she said. "You want the lemming and jellyfish? The only thing I can eat here is the almonds." The Castle ate its meat and seafood without further preparation. Given some of the things she'd had before, Agatha wasn't too worried about the almonds, but she managed to mostly discharge them into the tungsten before crunching them down. You never knew when you might need a little extra boost. [b]X) the Charged Tungsten[/b]
1771800.png3307357.png

Agatha's wings kept twitching to catch the wind the whole time they searched -- she really wanted to try her hand at harvesting the stormclouds -- but it was probably best not to offend their hosts. After two hours she perched over their finds. The static charged lemming tried to run, but the Castle put down a claw in front of it every time. After zapping the foot failed to produce any observable effect, the lemming hunkered down and was still.

"Well, that would run the hamster wheel," she remarked.

"That broke," said the Castle.

"It's fixable!" But really not where she needed to be focused. She did have glowing rocks. You couldn't go wrong with glowing rocks. Well, you could, but at least it was almost guaranteed to be interesting. And the rocks also had another advantage, as a selection. It had been a long time since dinner last night. "I think the Charged Tungsten is our best bet," she said. "You want the lemming and jellyfish? The only thing I can eat here is the almonds."

The Castle ate its meat and seafood without further preparation. Given some of the things she'd had before, Agatha wasn't too worried about the almonds, but she managed to mostly discharge them into the tungsten before crunching them down. You never knew when you might need a little extra boost.

X) the Charged Tungsten
cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1267147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/12672/1267147_350.png[/img] [/url] The tungsten is so so tempting, but no matter how she wracks her brains Eisa can’t think of a sensible way to run a hamster wheel with it. It’s sitting there all shiny and powerful and completely useless to her. The jellyfish… maybe a jellyfish centrifuge? If she fills the wheel with water and puts the jellyfish in it, then spinning the wheel would startle the jellyfish into shocking something. No, no, she needs to use power to spin the wheel, not vice versa. The almonds… oh, she’s been absent mindedly feeding them to the lemming while she was thinking. It’s nuzzling up against her hand now, fur prickly and staticy in a pleasant way. Maybe she’s super-charged it by feeding it high-voltage almonds? She certainly hopes so! After all, it's her only option now. She picks it up and cuddles it, causing it to discharge itself slightly into the decorative cogs on her scarf. “I think I’ll call you Alexander,” she says. “You can be my assistant.” [b]Choice W for Tuesday.[/b]

1267147_350.png

The tungsten is so so tempting, but no matter how she wracks her brains Eisa can’t think of a sensible way to run a hamster wheel with it. It’s sitting there all shiny and powerful and completely useless to her. The jellyfish… maybe a jellyfish centrifuge? If she fills the wheel with water and puts the jellyfish in it, then spinning the wheel would startle the jellyfish into shocking something. No, no, she needs to use power to spin the wheel, not vice versa.

The almonds… oh, she’s been absent mindedly feeding them to the lemming while she was thinking. It’s nuzzling up against her hand now, fur prickly and staticy in a pleasant way. Maybe she’s super-charged it by feeding it high-voltage almonds? She certainly hopes so! After all, it's her only option now.

She picks it up and cuddles it, causing it to discharge itself slightly into the decorative cogs on her scarf. “I think I’ll call you Alexander,” she says. “You can be my assistant.”

Choice W for Tuesday.
[center][b]Day 3[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8104583][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/81046/8104583.png[/img][/url][/center] Qamar is actually humming under his breath as he enters the building today. It's true that he still doesn't have even a half-ready invention to put on display, but right now he feels that just being able to see all this, and to be present here, is worth the trip from his clan's homelands. The splendor of the Faire and the overall enthusiasm about tech and inventions somehow manage to make Qamar feel surprisingly homely. He's excited about being a part of this, but not in a jittery way. The storm seen through the glass roof, and especially the dragons he's pretty sure he just caught a sight of, almost make him yearn to take off into the skies, too. Suddenly somebody's talking to Qamar, and he startles visibly. He'd barely realized that he'd stopped to really look up through the roof, and certainly hadn't seen the Tundra approaching him. Qamar nods politely to greet him, and then keeps nodding as the dragon speaks. He... [i]is [/i]a dragon, right? More than half of him seems to be machinery, but surely that couldn't be the case? Qamar certainly doesn't dare to ask about it, and doesn't have much chance to say anything at all before the old dragon moves on and disappears into the crowd. Qamar just stands there for a second, quite confused, but then shakes his head. He's not a hatchling anymore, no matter how much the old Tundra made him feel like it, and he's got work to do. He's got the tubes and copper combination, but they're not going to light themselves up without an external power source. Qamar goes to check that everything is still like he left it last night and then heads back out. The air is... electrifying, to put it lamely. Qamar seeks the sky briefly for more Storm Dancers, but there aren't any to be seen. So, back to work! After some hours of wandering around, he has a few options. The jellyfish aren't one of them, even though Qamar saw some of the participants take them back to the Faire building. The Coatl had deemed them more fitting for a snack than a power source. Living with a Water clan sure had its advantages, like learning how to eat jellyfish without burning one's tongue. He'd dismissed the lemmings, too. They seemed to be quite abundant, which perhaps explains why some of the old abandoned inventions had hamster wheels, but Qamar doesn't think they'd mesh well with copper coils. The charged tungsten, on the other hand, could be rather useful as a material, but Qamar isn't sure how potent a power source it would be. On the other hand, he's not convinced about the almonds, either. In the end he goes for the [b](X) charged tungsten[/b]. If it utterly fails as a power source, maybe he can recycle it as some sort of a material.
Day 3

8104583.png

Qamar is actually humming under his breath as he enters the building today. It's true that he still doesn't have even a half-ready invention to put on display, but right now he feels that just being able to see all this, and to be present here, is worth the trip from his clan's homelands. The splendor of the Faire and the overall enthusiasm about tech and inventions somehow manage to make Qamar feel surprisingly homely. He's excited about being a part of this, but not in a jittery way. The storm seen through the glass roof, and especially the dragons he's pretty sure he just caught a sight of, almost make him yearn to take off into the skies, too.

Suddenly somebody's talking to Qamar, and he startles visibly. He'd barely realized that he'd stopped to really look up through the roof, and certainly hadn't seen the Tundra approaching him. Qamar nods politely to greet him, and then keeps nodding as the dragon speaks. He... is a dragon, right? More than half of him seems to be machinery, but surely that couldn't be the case? Qamar certainly doesn't dare to ask about it, and doesn't have much chance to say anything at all before the old dragon moves on and disappears into the crowd.

Qamar just stands there for a second, quite confused, but then shakes his head. He's not a hatchling anymore, no matter how much the old Tundra made him feel like it, and he's got work to do. He's got the tubes and copper combination, but they're not going to light themselves up without an external power source. Qamar goes to check that everything is still like he left it last night and then heads back out. The air is... electrifying, to put it lamely. Qamar seeks the sky briefly for more Storm Dancers, but there aren't any to be seen. So, back to work!

After some hours of wandering around, he has a few options. The jellyfish aren't one of them, even though Qamar saw some of the participants take them back to the Faire building. The Coatl had deemed them more fitting for a snack than a power source. Living with a Water clan sure had its advantages, like learning how to eat jellyfish without burning one's tongue.

He'd dismissed the lemmings, too. They seemed to be quite abundant, which perhaps explains why some of the old abandoned inventions had hamster wheels, but Qamar doesn't think they'd mesh well with copper coils. The charged tungsten, on the other hand, could be rather useful as a material, but Qamar isn't sure how potent a power source it would be. On the other hand, he's not convinced about the almonds, either. In the end he goes for the (X) charged tungsten. If it utterly fails as a power source, maybe he can recycle it as some sort of a material.
@Stormdragon That's great! Thanks for letting me know! :) [b]Day 3[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7402758] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/74028/7402758_350.png[/img] [/url] Wending his way through the crowd, Samael noticed the charged lemmings that scurried about trying to snatch bits of food dropped by the festival-goers and that crackled with static. Maybe these animals where what the strange hamster wheel had been intended for... He considered going back for the thing after all, but he quickly dismissed the idea of incorporation anything living in his creation after getting a nasty shock trying to catch one of the tiny creatures. Cursing, he went to look for a different source of power he might use. In the end, all he found was a bundle of high-voltage almonds growing by the wayside, and a couple of charged tungsten he had bought from a street vendor. He'd used both in his work before, but not in their unmanufactured form. He would probably be able to wire the almonds to his engine by their stems, but he was unsure how long the flowers would retain their electric energy once plucked. Finding a way to activate the energy of the [b](X) charged tungsten[/b] would be more difficult, but seemed like the safer choice, he decided.
@Stormdragon

That's great! Thanks for letting me know! :)

Day 3

7402758_350.png

Wending his way through the crowd, Samael noticed the charged lemmings that scurried about trying to snatch bits of food dropped by the festival-goers and that crackled with static. Maybe these animals where what the strange hamster wheel had been intended for... He considered going back for the thing after all, but he quickly dismissed the idea of incorporation anything living in his creation after getting a nasty shock trying to catch one of the tiny creatures. Cursing, he went to look for a different source of power he might use. In the end, all he found was a bundle of high-voltage almonds growing by the wayside, and a couple of charged tungsten he had bought from a street vendor. He'd used both in his work before, but not in their unmanufactured form. He would probably be able to wire the almonds to his engine by their stems, but he was unsure how long the flowers would retain their electric energy once plucked. Finding a way to activate the energy of the (X) charged tungsten would be more difficult, but seemed like the safer choice, he decided.

cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
Day 3: y) High voltage almonds
Day 3: y) High voltage almonds
163mug.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9252334] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/92524/9252334_350.png[/img] [/url] Chronos looked strangely at the Tundra. [i]Is that guy even alive? Like, an alive, breathing dragon?[/i] Surely he is. Robots can't have grandchildren----can they? [i]You're wasting time again. This is an engineering contest, not a guess-the-genetics-fest. Get back to work.[/i] So to speak. Maybe you could bribe one of those Storm Dancers for some straightforward electricity. There's a ton of it here. A little bit wouldn't hurt. Nothing better than the power straight from the lightning itself. This idea ceased when he saw the old Tundra looking at him judgmentally. You feel slightly anxious with him watching over you. It seems like he can see your thoughts. They weren't kidding when they said Lightning Flight was strict. You look at the [i]other[/i] options on the table. They all look a bit chummy, but you'll just have to do with them. Upon making your decision, you realized that you haven't ate all day. This may or may not have encouraged you to make your final decision. Maybe you could just- slightly, carefully- [i]*zkt*[/i] Okay, no. No no no no no. Bad idea. Do not eat the electricity almonds. Ever. Never ever ever. Absolutely not. You have a slight pain from your shocked mouth as you decide to use the [b]Y)[/b] [item=High-Voltage Almonds] for an energy source for your invention instead of an energy source for yourself. [i]Don't they have snack machines here?[/i] [b]Tuesday, Day 3[/b]

9252334_350.png

Chronos looked strangely at the Tundra. Is that guy even alive? Like, an alive, breathing dragon? Surely he is. Robots can't have grandchildren----can they?

You're wasting time again. This is an engineering contest, not a guess-the-genetics-fest. Get back to work. So to speak.

Maybe you could bribe one of those Storm Dancers for some straightforward electricity. There's a ton of it here. A little bit wouldn't hurt. Nothing better than the power straight from the lightning itself.

This idea ceased when he saw the old Tundra looking at him judgmentally. You feel slightly anxious with him watching over you. It seems like he can see your thoughts. They weren't kidding when they said Lightning Flight was strict.

You look at the other options on the table.

They all look a bit chummy, but you'll just have to do with them.

Upon making your decision, you realized that you haven't ate all day. This may or may not have encouraged you to make your final decision.

Maybe you could just-

slightly, carefully-

*zkt*

Okay, no. No no no no no. Bad idea. Do not eat the electricity almonds. Ever. Never ever ever. Absolutely not.

You have a slight pain from your shocked mouth as you decide to use the Y) High-Voltage Almonds for an energy source for your invention instead of an energy source for yourself. Don't they have snack machines here?

Tuesday, Day 3
tumblr_nbicpyPuOm1rqig44o1_500.gif
"There, there, Humphrey..."

Setting aside the glowing blue rocks, Dorothea drew Humphrey into her lap. Smoothly, she patted down the fur fluffed with static, the owlcat hissing all the while. Gently, she massaged her familiar's stiff jaw.

"What did I tell you before, you rascally cat? We aren't back at home, Humphrey. You can't just try to eat these rats!"

X) Charged Tungsten
"There, there, Humphrey..."

Setting aside the glowing blue rocks, Dorothea drew Humphrey into her lap. Smoothly, she patted down the fur fluffed with static, the owlcat hissing all the while. Gently, she massaged her familiar's stiff jaw.

"What did I tell you before, you rascally cat? We aren't back at home, Humphrey. You can't just try to eat these rats!"

X) Charged Tungsten
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 53 54