Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 53 54
[center][b]Day 3, Tuesday[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14403321][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/144034/14403321.png[/img][/url][item=steelhound][/center] The Tundra's words stung like an ant bite--and since she spent her time in a lair mostly comprised of insectivores, she knew exactly what that felt like. Arra doubted he'd meant it to be disparaging, but all she could hear when he spoke was derision. As if he said, [i]There are some impressive inventors here. Too bad you're not one of 'em. You'll need the luck.[/i] "I don't need luck," Arra told Steelheart defiantly, even though the little hound was sound asleep on her shoulders. She'd spent most of the night with Steelheart and the hamster wheel, testing the amount of power it could make. She finally decided it made plenty. All she had to do was provide Steelheart with sufficient fuel. The canine golem could, theoretically, run indefinitely if provided with sufficient power. Not that she wanted to employ the often-useless familiars in the lair with menial tasks. "This is only temporary," she sighed in promise to Steelheart, and blinked at the landscape. The bright morning sun peeked underneath a blanket of clouds. Periodically over the dusty plateau, Arra saw static electricity arcing between the tall spires and even between boulders and some zapping flora. "Alright," she said loud enough to rouse the Steelhound. "Activate yourself already. I know you're tired. But don't you want breakfast?" What better place to charge a power-deficient golem than among the Tempest Spires? Steelheart slid off Arra's shoulders to the ground, stretched mechanically, and then meandered away from her. It was as though all his sensing ability had gone out the window. It would have been comical if she didn't have to use him as her ultimate engine driver. "This way, bud!" she called and headed over to some glowing blue rocks that looked pretty promising. She offered them to Steelheart, and he bit down on what Arra assumed was tungsten from the texture. He spit it out. Arra frowned. "Picky little thing, aren't you?" Steelheart whimpered. "Let's keep looking." They picked their way around rocks and investigated all manner of holes. The charged atmosphere seemed to revive Steelheart a little bit, but he still was obviously not operating on all cylinders. Until, that is, Arra noticed a little brown item scurry away out of the corner of her eye. The golem bolted after it like a hound. Arra bounded after him. "Don't get lost, okay--hey!" Before she knew it, it seemed like the entire ground scattered before Steelheart's enthusiasm. "Lemmings." She laughed as Steelheart pounced toward one, then another. It had been a while since he'd had to hunt for his food, that was for sure. "Go on, bud! I believe in you." Arra sat down on a boulder, conveniently next to some--perhaps a bit high-voltage--almonds, and watched the carnage for only a moment before going back to her plans. She snacked on the almonds while Steelheart chased down the lemmings. "[b](W) Static charged lemmings[/b]," she wrote on the bottom of her page. "Who would've thought?"
Day 3, Tuesday

14403321.png Steelhound

The Tundra's words stung like an ant bite--and since she spent her time in a lair mostly comprised of insectivores, she knew exactly what that felt like. Arra doubted he'd meant it to be disparaging, but all she could hear when he spoke was derision. As if he said, There are some impressive inventors here. Too bad you're not one of 'em. You'll need the luck.

"I don't need luck," Arra told Steelheart defiantly, even though the little hound was sound asleep on her shoulders.

She'd spent most of the night with Steelheart and the hamster wheel, testing the amount of power it could make. She finally decided it made plenty. All she had to do was provide Steelheart with sufficient fuel. The canine golem could, theoretically, run indefinitely if provided with sufficient power.

Not that she wanted to employ the often-useless familiars in the lair with menial tasks. "This is only temporary," she sighed in promise to Steelheart, and blinked at the landscape.

The bright morning sun peeked underneath a blanket of clouds. Periodically over the dusty plateau, Arra saw static electricity arcing between the tall spires and even between boulders and some zapping flora.

"Alright," she said loud enough to rouse the Steelhound. "Activate yourself already. I know you're tired. But don't you want breakfast?" What better place to charge a power-deficient golem than among the Tempest Spires?

Steelheart slid off Arra's shoulders to the ground, stretched mechanically, and then meandered away from her. It was as though all his sensing ability had gone out the window. It would have been comical if she didn't have to use him as her ultimate engine driver.

"This way, bud!" she called and headed over to some glowing blue rocks that looked pretty promising. She offered them to Steelheart, and he bit down on what Arra assumed was tungsten from the texture. He spit it out.

Arra frowned. "Picky little thing, aren't you?"

Steelheart whimpered.

"Let's keep looking."

They picked their way around rocks and investigated all manner of holes. The charged atmosphere seemed to revive Steelheart a little bit, but he still was obviously not operating on all cylinders. Until, that is, Arra noticed a little brown item scurry away out of the corner of her eye. The golem bolted after it like a hound.

Arra bounded after him. "Don't get lost, okay--hey!" Before she knew it, it seemed like the entire ground scattered before Steelheart's enthusiasm. "Lemmings." She laughed as Steelheart pounced toward one, then another. It had been a while since he'd had to hunt for his food, that was for sure. "Go on, bud! I believe in you."

Arra sat down on a boulder, conveniently next to some--perhaps a bit high-voltage--almonds, and watched the carnage for only a moment before going back to her plans. She snacked on the almonds while Steelheart chased down the lemmings.

"(W) Static charged lemmings," she wrote on the bottom of her page. "Who would've thought?"
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3212442] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/32125/3212442_350.png[/img] [/url] Alaria had chosen electricity as her fuel. It only made sense, she was currently in Lightning, and was a lightning dragon after all. She watched the Storm Dancers in awe. They were so graceful... For a brief moment Aaria imagined herself up there with them, but she laughed at the thought. She wasn't one bit graceful. She would probably get herself tangled up if she attempted what they were doing. Alaria turned away from the Storm Dancers. She had to concentrate if she wanted an invention to present. For hours she searched the hot humid Expanse until she managed to scrap of four items. A static charged lemming, charged tungsten, high-voltage almonds and an electronic stinger. She knew that she could only use one. She decided to let the lemming go. She didn't see how static electricity will be particularly useful. The electric stinger she let go too. Sure their stings felt like a sharp jolt of electricity, but it was really only toxin. It wouldn't be any use for her invention. That left her with the almonds and tungsten. Alaria had excellent knowledge on all types of plants, and she knew that the almonds were full of electric energy. It was why she always recommended not to eat them. Unless you were a Lightning dragon and would be able to stomach it. but she didn't know a lot about Tungsten. Would it be worth it to take a risk and use the tungsten instead? Alaria shook her head. No. This was no time for taking risks. She chose the High Voltage Almonds [b]Y[/b]

3212442_350.png

Alaria had chosen electricity as her fuel. It only made sense, she was currently in Lightning, and was a lightning dragon after all.

She watched the Storm Dancers in awe. They were so graceful... For a brief moment Aaria imagined herself up there with them, but she laughed at the thought. She wasn't one bit graceful. She would probably get herself tangled up if she attempted what they were doing.

Alaria turned away from the Storm Dancers. She had to concentrate if she wanted an invention to present. For hours she searched the hot humid Expanse until she managed to scrap of four items. A static charged lemming, charged tungsten, high-voltage almonds and an electronic stinger. She knew that she could only use one. She decided to let the lemming go. She didn't see how static electricity will be particularly useful.

The electric stinger she let go too. Sure their stings felt like a sharp jolt of electricity, but it was really only toxin. It wouldn't be any use for her invention.

That left her with the almonds and tungsten.

Alaria had excellent knowledge on all types of plants, and she knew that the almonds were full of electric energy. It was why she always recommended not to eat them. Unless you were a Lightning dragon and would be able to stomach it. but she didn't know a lot about Tungsten. Would it be worth it to take a risk and use the tungsten instead?

Alaria shook her head. No. This was no time for taking risks.

She chose the High Voltage Almonds Y
sZShZzW.pngAgsJvab.pngasexual.pngbisexual.pngnon-binary.pngB8_R.pngT16.png
Hex0gCq.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9716247] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/97163/9716247_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Looks like that lightning storm's getting pretty close! The lemmings should be super-charged by now![/i] [b]Choice: [item=Static Charged Lemming][/b]

9716247_350.png

Looks like that lightning storm's getting pretty close! The lemmings should be super-charged by now!

Choice: Static Charged Lemming
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5443143] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/54432/5443143_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "OW!" Stark yelled as he tried (and failed) yet again to get a hold of one of the Electric Stingers. "Perhaps, sir," Jarvis said coolly, "We ought to consider our [i]other[/i] alternatives. It is getting late ..." Stark sighed and finally gave up on the small pool of Stingers they had found. The electric charge they held would have been great for powering his invention. If he'd managed to also find a jar to put them in. Except water was an excellent conductor, which probably explained why he kept getting zapped by the critters before he could get a hold of them ... maybe the Electric Stingers were more trouble than they were worth after all. "OK, J - talk to me," Stark said, padding over to where his Golem was waiting with the goods they had so far scrounged up, and sitting down to cradle his sore paws. "My scans indicate that any of these items would be suitable. They all carry enough charge for what we need," Jarvis replied, sounding pleased. Stark took a quick inventory. It wasn't a huge or particularly inspiring pile. It wasn't even really a pile. They basically had two options: the Lemming or the Tungsten. Wait - two? He was absolutely certain he'd grabbed some High-Voltage Almonds from a bush on their way out here. "Jarvis," Stark said, trying to remain patient. "Did I not tell you to stand guard over these items?" "Is there a problem, sir?" Jarvis asked, chest sparking with distress. Stark reached over and snatched up the lemming, revealing that it was standing over a small pile of leaves: all that remained of the almonds. Stark glared at his Golem. "This thing ate my power source!" "It would appear so," the Golem replied, rather sheepishly. Then a crackle of electricity lanced over the metal plate of his skull as he ran another scan. He added, "However, it would appear that the almonds have had the effect of increasing the lemming's charge." Stark raised his eyebrows. "You're telling me this is a super-charged lemming?" Jarvis hesitated. "Sir, the Tungsten also has a -" Stark wasn't listening. He held the lemming up in front of his face and stared into its beady little eyes. "Hello, You. Are you gonna help me power my invention?" The lemming let out a raspy chirrup, followed by a squeak and a spark that crackled across Stark's metal-plated knuckles. He laughed, delighted with this display. "Excellent! Just don't use up all your power before we can get you plugged in to the machine," he said, and pushed the lemming into Jarvis's arms. "Come on, buddy, let's get to work!" Without another glance at the Charged Tungsten, Stark set off back towards the main building. Gears groaning with effort and irritation, the Golem fluttered after him, carrying the sparking with both of his small arms clasped tight around its pudgy middle. [b]W) [/b][item=static charged lemming] ((I have no idea what lemmings eat, but let's imagine it couldn't resist the voltage on the almonds, yeah? XD))

"OW!" Stark yelled as he tried (and failed) yet again to get a hold of one of the Electric Stingers.

"Perhaps, sir," Jarvis said coolly, "We ought to consider our other alternatives. It is getting late ..."

Stark sighed and finally gave up on the small pool of Stingers they had found. The electric charge they held would have been great for powering his invention. If he'd managed to also find a jar to put them in. Except water was an excellent conductor, which probably explained why he kept getting zapped by the critters before he could get a hold of them ... maybe the Electric Stingers were more trouble than they were worth after all.

"OK, J - talk to me," Stark said, padding over to where his Golem was waiting with the goods they had so far scrounged up, and sitting down to cradle his sore paws.

"My scans indicate that any of these items would be suitable. They all carry enough charge for what we need," Jarvis replied, sounding pleased.

Stark took a quick inventory. It wasn't a huge or particularly inspiring pile. It wasn't even really a pile. They basically had two options: the Lemming or the Tungsten. Wait - two? He was absolutely certain he'd grabbed some High-Voltage Almonds from a bush on their way out here.

"Jarvis," Stark said, trying to remain patient. "Did I not tell you to stand guard over these items?"

"Is there a problem, sir?" Jarvis asked, chest sparking with distress. Stark reached over and snatched up the lemming, revealing that it was standing over a small pile of leaves: all that remained of the almonds.

Stark glared at his Golem. "This thing ate my power source!"

"It would appear so," the Golem replied, rather sheepishly. Then a crackle of electricity lanced over the metal plate of his skull as he ran another scan. He added, "However, it would appear that the almonds have had the effect of increasing the lemming's charge."

Stark raised his eyebrows. "You're telling me this is a super-charged lemming?"

Jarvis hesitated. "Sir, the Tungsten also has a -"

Stark wasn't listening. He held the lemming up in front of his face and stared into its beady little eyes. "Hello, You. Are you gonna help me power my invention?"

The lemming let out a raspy chirrup, followed by a squeak and a spark that crackled across Stark's metal-plated knuckles. He laughed, delighted with this display.

"Excellent! Just don't use up all your power before we can get you plugged in to the machine," he said, and pushed the lemming into Jarvis's arms. "Come on, buddy, let's get to work!"

Without another glance at the Charged Tungsten, Stark set off back towards the main building. Gears groaning with effort and irritation, the Golem fluttered after him, carrying the sparking with both of his small arms clasped tight around its pudgy middle.

W) Static Charged Lemming

((I have no idea what lemmings eat, but let's imagine it couldn't resist the voltage on the almonds, yeah? XD))
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[center][b] Day 3[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13777649] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/137777/13777649_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] [i]That looks like an obvious answer to me.[/i] Fion decided almost immediately. A Lemming would never fit into her small case, nor would electric stingers. High-Voltage Almonds may work, but [b]X) Charged Tungsten[/b] seemed most likely to work in this situation. So she threy away lemming and stingers, took a bite from the high-voltage almonds (but decided to not eat any further), and decided to go back to see if the charged tungsten would actually work. [i]On second thought, maybe I shouldn't have thrown out everything else... Ah well.[/i]
Day 3

13777649_350.png

That looks like an obvious answer to me.

Fion decided almost immediately. A Lemming would never fit into her small case, nor would electric stingers. High-Voltage Almonds may work, but X) Charged Tungsten seemed most likely to work in this situation. So she threy away lemming and stingers, took a bite from the high-voltage almonds (but decided to not eat any further), and decided to go back to see if the charged tungsten would actually work.

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't have thrown out everything else... Ah well.
@Stormdragon
Day 3 C) The Almonds
@Stormdragon
Day 3 C) The Almonds
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6929589] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69296/6929589_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]X) [/b][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/10208.png[/img] After thanking the kind Tundra, Thisledown headed outside. A parade of inventors and guests streamed around him, decked out in full festival gear. It was a mess trying to get anywhere, and he was nearly squashed twice before he escaped the crush of the crowd. Once he was in the clear, he made his way around the edge of the faire, peering under tent edges and inside rubbish bins. He finally found his prize under some discarded planks of wood.

6929589_350.png

X) 10208.png

After thanking the kind Tundra, Thisledown headed outside. A parade of inventors and guests streamed around him, decked out in full festival gear. It was a mess trying to get anywhere, and he was nearly squashed twice before he escaped the crush of the crowd.

Once he was in the clear, he made his way around the edge of the faire, peering under tent edges and inside rubbish bins. He finally found his prize under some discarded planks of wood.
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
@StormDragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=57705&tab=dragon&did=14569802][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145699/14569802_350.png?mtime=VbeKeAAB8Do.png[/img][/url] The Wildclaw woke the next morning in an increasingly good mood. The calming hum of his Electrician's power pack had soothed him while he slept. And now it was time to build his wonderful creation. He started cheerily cranking away singing rather horribly and off-key as he did so. And then as he hefted the engine into his hands, he realized he didn't have a power source. he smacked his face with a clawed hand and abandoned his creation for the time being. What good was an engine if one had no way to power it. Briefly he considered using his Electrician's Power Pack.. but that seemed like such a cop out.. he wanted to do something different, something unexpected.. not to mention the Power Pack might give off too much electricity and fry his rather small engine. The Wildclaw sighed and started off outside to search for a power source. He flicked his tail as he moved over the ground, eyes narrowed into slits. He passed the water, seeing various floating jellyfish, who he saw some inventors grabbing and getting stung in order to use them for their machines. The unnamed Wildclaw snorted. He was a born water dragon, so he knew some things about sea life that others seemed to forget. Jellyfish weren't actually capable of producing electricity. They just stung and the reaction to the sting was quite similar to being electrocuted. He turned away from the water, but not before noting his reflection. He paused, staring in disbelief. There on his body was circuits, etched as clear as day and glimmering an etherial blue. They hadn't been there the day before.. that much he knew. What in the heck was going on with him? He stared for a moment longer. No.. it was just his imagination.. it had to be. Why would he randomly have markings he'd never seen before?? It was probably just beacause he was tired, and was imagining things. The Wildclaw tore his eyes away from his reflection to continue searching for a source. The Wildclaw paused, his hunting instincts activated as a tiny lemming rushed through the grass. With a flutter of his wings he was off, streaking across the land. He leaped at the electric Lemming, but his claws came up empty. The lemming laughed at him as it vanished under the ground. Infuriated, the Wildclaw dug at the earth, his foreclaw making the burrow wider and deeper. He paused as something blue came into view, glittering and gleaming with lightning energy surging through them. Well.... he could use these, the charged tungsten instead. But he wasn't entirely sure it would make a reliable power source.. having only seen the Tungsten used as a material.. not as something to power his invention. He tossed the Tungsten aside, and continued digging till he reached the burrow of the frustrating Lemming. However the creature was nowhere to be seen. Instead there was a pile of bright blue almonds. The Wildclaw grinned as he scooped the almonds into his claws, a tingle of energy surging through his body. Perfect. More reliable than a tiny rodent, and something he had seen growing everywhere in the fields. High-voltage almonds. Appeased by his discovery, the Wildclaw decided to leave the Lemming alone and heaped as many almonds as he could carry into his parts box. Now it was finally time to put everything together. [b]Y) High Voltage Almonds[/b]
@StormDragon

14569802_350.png?mtime=VbeKeAAB8Do.png

The Wildclaw woke the next morning in an increasingly good mood. The calming hum of his Electrician's power pack had soothed him while he slept. And now it was time to build his wonderful creation. He started cheerily cranking away singing rather horribly and off-key as he did so.

And then as he hefted the engine into his hands, he realized he didn't have a power source. he smacked his face with a clawed hand and abandoned his creation for the time being. What good was an engine if one had no way to power it. Briefly he considered using his Electrician's Power Pack.. but that seemed like such a cop out.. he wanted to do something different, something unexpected.. not to mention the Power Pack might give off too much electricity and fry his rather small engine.

The Wildclaw sighed and started off outside to search for a power source. He flicked his tail as he moved over the ground, eyes narrowed into slits. He passed the water, seeing various floating jellyfish, who he saw some inventors grabbing and getting stung in order to use them for their machines. The unnamed Wildclaw snorted. He was a born water dragon, so he knew some things about sea life that others seemed to forget. Jellyfish weren't actually capable of producing electricity. They just stung and the reaction to the sting was quite similar to being electrocuted. He turned away from the water, but not before noting his reflection. He paused, staring in disbelief. There on his body was circuits, etched as clear as day and glimmering an etherial blue. They hadn't been there the day before.. that much he knew. What in the heck was going on with him? He stared for a moment longer. No.. it was just his imagination.. it had to be. Why would he randomly have markings he'd never seen before?? It was probably just beacause he was tired, and was imagining things. The Wildclaw tore his eyes away from his reflection to continue searching for a source.

The Wildclaw paused, his hunting instincts activated as a tiny lemming rushed through the grass. With a flutter of his wings he was off, streaking across the land. He leaped at the electric Lemming, but his claws came up empty. The lemming laughed at him as it vanished under the ground. Infuriated, the Wildclaw dug at the earth, his foreclaw making the burrow wider and deeper. He paused as something blue came into view, glittering and gleaming with lightning energy surging through them. Well.... he could use these, the charged tungsten instead. But he wasn't entirely sure it would make a reliable power source.. having only seen the Tungsten used as a material.. not as something to power his invention. He tossed the Tungsten aside, and continued digging till he reached the burrow of the frustrating Lemming. However the creature was nowhere to be seen. Instead there was a pile of bright blue almonds.

The Wildclaw grinned as he scooped the almonds into his claws, a tingle of energy surging through his body. Perfect. More reliable than a tiny rodent, and something he had seen growing everywhere in the fields. High-voltage almonds. Appeased by his discovery, the Wildclaw decided to leave the Lemming alone and heaped as many almonds as he could carry into his parts box. Now it was finally time to put everything together.

Y) High Voltage Almonds
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14560408] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145605/14560408_350.png[/img] [/url] Waveskimmer stared at the Storm Dancers in awe. She'd heard about them before - her invention's mechanics for absorbing and storing electricity were inspired by their lightning harvesting equipment. But this was the first time she'd ever seen them up close. Waveskimmer stared at them, their swift, agile movements against the dark clouds, illuminated by flashes of lightning, before pulling herself away. She had an invention to build. Waveskimmer spent the next few hours gathering items in the Shifting Expanse. The copper tubes she found yesterday would be great for catching and absorbing electricity, and she'd added a container to the suit to store the energy absorbed. But she still needed to present the suit's capabilities, and for that she needed a power source to provide a shock. Sure, she already had one in the form of her brother, but he wasn't the most skilled or powerful magic user in Sorneith. (Though he was still leagues ahead of [i]her[/i]. Gods, why couldn't she...) To prove that her invention could withstand and absorb even the most powerful lightning bolt, she had to find a way to give him a little more oomph. Her gathering netted her some High-Voltage Almonds, a few Electric Stingers, a Static-Charged Lemming, and two chunks of Charged Tungsten. With those in her bag, Waveskimmer made her way back to the host clan she and a few of her clanmates were staying with. Her brother was waiting for her by the lair's entrance. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14503312] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145034/14503312_350.png[/img] [/url] "Hello Waveskimmer! How's rebuilding your invention going?" To be truthful, Shimmerglow wasn't her actual blood brother. But they were both Lightning dragons from the same clan, and were adopted at the same age by the same Water clan, so they called each other brother and sister. Waveskimmer waved to Shimmerglow in greeting. "Going pretty well! I've already found what I need for the suit to absorb and store electricity. I went out gathering for you, actually. You're going to be helping me demonstrate my suit, so I need to your Lightning magic to be even more powerful than it already is so I can really wow the crowd! I've got High-Voltage Almonds, Electric Stingers, a Static-Charged Lemming, and some Charged Tungsten for you to try! See which one makes you really spark!" "I don't -" Shimmerglow began, only to stop himself. Behind the excitement, Shimmerglow could see the desperation shining in her eyes. "All right." He looked into her bag. "Hey, there's only a lemming and some tungsten in here. Where'd everything else go?" "What?" Waveskimmer snatched the bag back and looked inside, just in time to catch the lemming finishing off the last of the almonds. "Oh [i]no[/i]," she groaned. "Not the almonds!" Shimmerglow looked at her. "And what about the Electric Stingers?" Waveskimmer had the grace to look sheepish. "I, uh, may have gotten hungry on the way back..." [center]***[/center] One brief luncheon of High-Voltage Almond-fed Static-Charged Lemming later, Waveskimmer and Shimmerglow were standing in the middle of an abandoned stretch of desert. Waveskimmer watched anxiously (and enviously, Waveskimmer didn't care about being a proper Lightning dragon like [i]she[/i] did, why did [i]he[/i] have magic and not [i]her[/i]?...) as Shimmerglow flicked a few sparks from his claws. Then he launched a powerful Shock Bolt at the nearest cactus, ten feet away. The Bolt left a scorched circle on the cactus where it struck, but didn't seem to be any more powerful than his usual attacks. Shimmerglow sighed. "Sorry sis, but I don't think eating electrically charged food will make my Lightning attacks any stronger." Waveskimmer nodded. "Well then, that just leaves these," she said as she pulled the tungsten out of her bag. "Give them a try?" Shimmerglow's eyes widened as he took the Charged Tungsten from Waveskimmer. "Whoa, these..." He knocked the two pieces of tungsten together, sparks flying where they collided. "They've got a lot of charge in them. And..." He concentrated, and little lines of electricity ran across the tungsten. "They're pretty good conductors too. I think... Yeah, I can definitely do something with these." Shimmerglow closed his eyes and concentrated while rubbing the Charged Tungsten together. Slowly he pulled the tungsten apart, and an orb of aqua electricity formed between them. Suddenly his eyes flew open, and the orb bolted towards a cactus twenty feet away. There was a bright flash of light, and then a fearsome [i]BOOM[/i], the shockwave knocking Waveskimmer and Shimmerglow back several feet. When they finally opened their eyes, all that was left of the cactus was a blackened stump. "Whoa," Waveskimmer and Shimmerglow breathed in unison. They looked at each other. "That. Was. [i]Perfect[/i]!" Waveskimmer squealed, throwing her arms around Shimmerglow. "Thank you brother, thank you! Oh I'm going to win this contest for sure, so thank you!" Shimmerglow laughed as he hugged her back. "You're welcome sis. But seriously," he added as he pulled away from the hug. " That Shock Bolt was a lot stronger than anything else we tested your original suit with. You sure your suit can handle that?" Waveskimmer brushed aside his concerns with a wave of her paw. "Aw, don't worry about it bro. My suit's designed to handle a direct hit from lightning bolts. I'll be fine." [i]What's more important is that the energy from that Shock Bolt will be stored, which means it can be used for later by anyone. Including me.[/i] Out of an overwhelming wave of emotion Waveskimmer hugged Shimmerglow again. "Thank you," she said. [i]Thank you for helping me with my invention. Thank you for giving me the means to use Lightning magic myself for the first time. Thank you for helping me prove myself as a true Lightning dragon.[/i] [b]X: Charged Tungsten[/b]

14560408_350.png

Waveskimmer stared at the Storm Dancers in awe. She'd heard about them before - her invention's mechanics for absorbing and storing electricity were inspired by their lightning harvesting equipment. But this was the first time she'd ever seen them up close. Waveskimmer stared at them, their swift, agile movements against the dark clouds, illuminated by flashes of lightning, before pulling herself away. She had an invention to build.

Waveskimmer spent the next few hours gathering items in the Shifting Expanse. The copper tubes she found yesterday would be great for catching and absorbing electricity, and she'd added a container to the suit to store the energy absorbed. But she still needed to present the suit's capabilities, and for that she needed a power source to provide a shock. Sure, she already had one in the form of her brother, but he wasn't the most skilled or powerful magic user in Sorneith. (Though he was still leagues ahead of her. Gods, why couldn't she...) To prove that her invention could withstand and absorb even the most powerful lightning bolt, she had to find a way to give him a little more oomph.

Her gathering netted her some High-Voltage Almonds, a few Electric Stingers, a Static-Charged Lemming, and two chunks of Charged Tungsten. With those in her bag, Waveskimmer made her way back to the host clan she and a few of her clanmates were staying with. Her brother was waiting for her by the lair's entrance.

14503312_350.png

"Hello Waveskimmer! How's rebuilding your invention going?"

To be truthful, Shimmerglow wasn't her actual blood brother. But they were both Lightning dragons from the same clan, and were adopted at the same age by the same Water clan, so they called each other brother and sister. Waveskimmer waved to Shimmerglow in greeting. "Going pretty well! I've already found what I need for the suit to absorb and store electricity. I went out gathering for you, actually. You're going to be helping me demonstrate my suit, so I need to your Lightning magic to be even more powerful than it already is so I can really wow the crowd! I've got High-Voltage Almonds, Electric Stingers, a Static-Charged Lemming, and some Charged Tungsten for you to try! See which one makes you really spark!"

"I don't -" Shimmerglow began, only to stop himself. Behind the excitement, Shimmerglow could see the desperation shining in her eyes. "All right." He looked into her bag. "Hey, there's only a lemming and some tungsten in here. Where'd everything else go?"

"What?" Waveskimmer snatched the bag back and looked inside, just in time to catch the lemming finishing off the last of the almonds. "Oh no," she groaned. "Not the almonds!"

Shimmerglow looked at her. "And what about the Electric Stingers?"

Waveskimmer had the grace to look sheepish. "I, uh, may have gotten hungry on the way back..."

One brief luncheon of High-Voltage Almond-fed Static-Charged Lemming later, Waveskimmer and Shimmerglow were standing in the middle of an abandoned stretch of desert. Waveskimmer watched anxiously (and enviously, Waveskimmer didn't care about being a proper Lightning dragon like she did, why did he have magic and not her?...) as Shimmerglow flicked a few sparks from his claws. Then he launched a powerful Shock Bolt at the nearest cactus, ten feet away. The Bolt left a scorched circle on the cactus where it struck, but didn't seem to be any more powerful than his usual attacks.

Shimmerglow sighed. "Sorry sis, but I don't think eating electrically charged food will make my Lightning attacks any stronger." Waveskimmer nodded. "Well then, that just leaves these," she said as she pulled the tungsten out of her bag. "Give them a try?"

Shimmerglow's eyes widened as he took the Charged Tungsten from Waveskimmer. "Whoa, these..." He knocked the two pieces of tungsten together, sparks flying where they collided. "They've got a lot of charge in them. And..." He concentrated, and little lines of electricity ran across the tungsten. "They're pretty good conductors too. I think... Yeah, I can definitely do something with these."

Shimmerglow closed his eyes and concentrated while rubbing the Charged Tungsten together. Slowly he pulled the tungsten apart, and an orb of aqua electricity formed between them. Suddenly his eyes flew open, and the orb bolted towards a cactus twenty feet away. There was a bright flash of light, and then a fearsome BOOM, the shockwave knocking Waveskimmer and Shimmerglow back several feet. When they finally opened their eyes, all that was left of the cactus was a blackened stump.

"Whoa," Waveskimmer and Shimmerglow breathed in unison. They looked at each other. "That. Was. Perfect!" Waveskimmer squealed, throwing her arms around Shimmerglow. "Thank you brother, thank you! Oh I'm going to win this contest for sure, so thank you!" Shimmerglow laughed as he hugged her back. "You're welcome sis. But seriously," he added as he pulled away from the hug. " That Shock Bolt was a lot stronger than anything else we tested your original suit with. You sure your suit can handle that?"

Waveskimmer brushed aside his concerns with a wave of her paw. "Aw, don't worry about it bro. My suit's designed to handle a direct hit from lightning bolts. I'll be fine." What's more important is that the energy from that Shock Bolt will be stored, which means it can be used for later by anyone. Including me.

Out of an overwhelming wave of emotion Waveskimmer hugged Shimmerglow again. "Thank you," she said. Thank you for helping me with my invention. Thank you for giving me the means to use Lightning magic myself for the first time. Thank you for helping me prove myself as a true Lightning dragon.

X: Charged Tungsten
Na5WGHa.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4774352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/47744/4774352_350.png[/img] [/url] Tesla's wide, wondering eyes darted between the departing tundra and the Storm Dancers, in awe of both the elder dragon's obvious engineering prowess and the bravery and agility of those in the clouds. Perhaps someday he'd be just as amazing at --- at--- well, something! For now, he had parts in his claws and a brainstorm that matched (in miniature, of course), the one overhead. "Power! Yes, now that's what I need next. Come on, come on---" he waved a paw to his golem and Voltspire Intruder. "You two can help me look. We have a lot more work ahead..." Tesla had roamed back out into the full throng of the festival, hoping to find some unusual parts and items for sale, or lost on the ground. At the end of his search he parked himself behind a tent and went over his options. In a little cage was a frizzy little lemming, crackling and looking rather grumpy. Equally unhappy with their confinement was a trio of stinging jellyfish, in a large bulb-shaped glass bottled capped with a cork. In one paw Tesla held a pouch of glowing blue tungsten, and in the other a pouch of high-voltage almonds. "Hmmm...." he pondered. "The jellyfish certainly can deliver a jolt... but I'd have to build a tank into my invention for them - it would be fragile and heavy. I think I'll just return them to the market vendor. The lemming ---" Tesla turned, to find the cage he'd set down suddenly missing! He spotted it just a few feet away, in the paws of his familiar. One foot of the tiny creature protruded from the bear's lips, before it slurped it up like a noodle. "Ahh!! Well-- yes, well-- I suppose that wasn't my best option, anyway..." Tesla started to sigh, when he then felt his pouch of tungsten tugged right out of his paw. His golem had gotten the wrong idea by watching the bear, and now happily dug its head into the pouch, crunching down what little tungsten was inside until he glowed a happy, fully-charged deep blue. The little machination hiccuped a spark. Jaw hanging open, Tesla could do nothing but put a firmer grip around his last remaining option. The almonds might have been his best choice, anyway. They had a lot of charge, would be fairly common and easy to replace as a fuel, and were both small and light. As long as he could keep his companions from [i]eating[/i] them... [b] Choice Y - [item=high-voltage almonds][/b]

4774352_350.png

Tesla's wide, wondering eyes darted between the departing tundra and the Storm Dancers, in awe of both the elder dragon's obvious engineering prowess and the bravery and agility of those in the clouds. Perhaps someday he'd be just as amazing at --- at--- well, something! For now, he had parts in his claws and a brainstorm that matched (in miniature, of course), the one overhead.
"Power! Yes, now that's what I need next. Come on, come on---" he waved a paw to his golem and Voltspire Intruder. "You two can help me look. We have a lot more work ahead..."
Tesla had roamed back out into the full throng of the festival, hoping to find some unusual parts and items for sale, or lost on the ground. At the end of his search he parked himself behind a tent and went over his options. In a little cage was a frizzy little lemming, crackling and looking rather grumpy. Equally unhappy with their confinement was a trio of stinging jellyfish, in a large bulb-shaped glass bottled capped with a cork. In one paw Tesla held a pouch of glowing blue tungsten, and in the other a pouch of high-voltage almonds.
"Hmmm...." he pondered. "The jellyfish certainly can deliver a jolt... but I'd have to build a tank into my invention for them - it would be fragile and heavy. I think I'll just return them to the market vendor. The lemming ---"
Tesla turned, to find the cage he'd set down suddenly missing! He spotted it just a few feet away, in the paws of his familiar. One foot of the tiny creature protruded from the bear's lips, before it slurped it up like a noodle.
"Ahh!! Well-- yes, well-- I suppose that wasn't my best option, anyway..."
Tesla started to sigh, when he then felt his pouch of tungsten tugged right out of his paw. His golem had gotten the wrong idea by watching the bear, and now happily dug its head into the pouch, crunching down what little tungsten was inside until he glowed a happy, fully-charged deep blue. The little machination hiccuped a spark.
Jaw hanging open, Tesla could do nothing but put a firmer grip around his last remaining option. The almonds might have been his best choice, anyway. They had a lot of charge, would be fairly common and easy to replace as a fuel, and were both small and light. As long as he could keep his companions from eating them...

Choice Y - High-Voltage Almonds
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 53 54