Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 53 54
Antissa and Kiniro were having a minor problem with the power source. "These should all have enough electricity to power our tiny little box," Antissa said. "But none of them will fit..."

"I would go with the tungsten. We can carve it into a battery shape, right?" Kiniro replied.

"Maybe, but how would we go about it? Would that affect how much power it holds?" Antissa asked.

"Let's give it a try, anyway."

(B) Charged Tungsten
Antissa and Kiniro were having a minor problem with the power source. "These should all have enough electricity to power our tiny little box," Antissa said. "But none of them will fit..."

"I would go with the tungsten. We can carve it into a battery shape, right?" Kiniro replied.

"Maybe, but how would we go about it? Would that affect how much power it holds?" Antissa asked.

"Let's give it a try, anyway."

(B) Charged Tungsten
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
Scuteller clicked encouragingly as the Tundra spoke. Since he had been searching for batteries since finding their case, the Storm Dancers had been fascinating ... but also impractical.

On the other hand, he had caught a thing that, upon further inspection, was not a squirrel eating almonds while perched on his tail at one point. It had left the almonds, and they looked just the right size. Now to figure out which was the "+" end.

Day 3's Y: High-Voltage Almonds
Scuteller clicked encouragingly as the Tundra spoke. Since he had been searching for batteries since finding their case, the Storm Dancers had been fascinating ... but also impractical.

On the other hand, he had caught a thing that, upon further inspection, was not a squirrel eating almonds while perched on his tail at one point. It had left the almonds, and they looked just the right size. Now to figure out which was the "+" end.

Day 3's Y: High-Voltage Almonds
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
Randall smiled to himself. This looks good. And if I finish it quickly, I may be able to have a look around, all of this seems terribly interesting. Maybe I'll make some new friends?
So, what do we have here? I need something that will be able to produce a shock. That's pretty much all of those, I guess. He grabbed the Charged Tungsten and High-Voltage Almonds to have a closer look at them. I can't see how I would be able to fit any of those in my invention's engine... So I need to power it from the outside. With that decision, he immediately put the small items back on the ground. Maybe somebody else will make use of them.
How could I get one of these to shock the engine? Hmm. It doesn't look scary enough... So far! From his backpack, which looked far too heavy for him, he pulled out a quite long list. The top note was "Goggles", there were also a few technical drawings. He scribbled a few new notes onto it: "feathers/ribbons? paint!!!"
Then he put it back inside and put on a pair of gloves. At least I haven't forgotten these. He put them on and grabbed the Z) Electric Stingers. With them wrapped around his wrists, he wandered back to the main building.
Randall smiled to himself. This looks good. And if I finish it quickly, I may be able to have a look around, all of this seems terribly interesting. Maybe I'll make some new friends?
So, what do we have here? I need something that will be able to produce a shock. That's pretty much all of those, I guess. He grabbed the Charged Tungsten and High-Voltage Almonds to have a closer look at them. I can't see how I would be able to fit any of those in my invention's engine... So I need to power it from the outside. With that decision, he immediately put the small items back on the ground. Maybe somebody else will make use of them.
How could I get one of these to shock the engine? Hmm. It doesn't look scary enough... So far! From his backpack, which looked far too heavy for him, he pulled out a quite long list. The top note was "Goggles", there were also a few technical drawings. He scribbled a few new notes onto it: "feathers/ribbons? paint!!!"
Then he put it back inside and put on a pair of gloves. At least I haven't forgotten these. He put them on and grabbed the Z) Electric Stingers. With them wrapped around his wrists, he wandered back to the main building.
485.png r5CjlMV.gif 188039.png200481.png
Yay! So glad to see this in action :D Everyone is looking great so far (squee) :3 It's been really fun to read through these RP responses so far and get to know your characters!
Yay! So glad to see this in action :D Everyone is looking great so far (squee) :3 It's been really fun to read through these RP responses so far and get to know your characters!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8669771] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86698/8669771_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]X) Charged Tungsten[/b] (Who doesn't love Charged Tungsten? Beautiful, useful tungsten...)

8669771_350.png

X) Charged Tungsten

(Who doesn't love Charged Tungsten? Beautiful, useful tungsten...)
eimdef.gif
[b]Day 3[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3849393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38494/3849393_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Z) Electric Stingers[/b] "Electricity is electricity, so I suppose these may be of use. Should be easier to harness than lightning, too." Groundsoil reaches into the little storm-filled pond full of brackish water and crackling, squirming, slimy things. "Ouch! #¤@&$¤! Packs a punch, doesn't it! Well, that's good, I suppose. Perhaps something will come of this yet."
Day 3

3849393_350.png

Z) Electric Stingers

"Electricity is electricity, so I suppose these may be of use. Should be easier to harness than lightning, too." Groundsoil reaches into the little storm-filled pond full of brackish water and crackling, squirming, slimy things. "Ouch! #¤@&$¤! Packs a punch, doesn't it! Well, that's good, I suppose. Perhaps something will come of this yet."
8uZAgkt.jpg
[center][b]Day 3[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4470324] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/44704/4470324_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] As much as Quasar admires the dedication of the Storm Dancers (who are certainly living up to their name up there, still darting to and fro after he has returned with his materials), he is thoroughly on the same side as the old Tundra on this one. Just seeing them zip through the air is making him sleepy -- and glad to have his paws planted on firm ground. He looks at the collection of materials he's found and suppresses a yawn. "This one has energy, but the conductivity of this one...much better..." He continues to mumble to himself and paces as he deliberates, occasionally picking up one of the potential power sources or prodding it with his claw. Finally, he gathers up the faintly glowing almonds and stows them in his pouch. It took him a while, but he's made his decision. The static-filled nuts are definitely the most charming. [b]Y) High-Voltage Almonds [item=high-voltage almonds][/b]
Day 3

4470324_350.png
As much as Quasar admires the dedication of the Storm Dancers (who are certainly living up to their name up there, still darting to and fro after he has returned with his materials), he is thoroughly on the same side as the old Tundra on this one. Just seeing them zip through the air is making him sleepy -- and glad to have his paws planted on firm ground.

He looks at the collection of materials he's found and suppresses a yawn. "This one has energy, but the conductivity of this one...much better..." He continues to mumble to himself and paces as he deliberates, occasionally picking up one of the potential power sources or prodding it with his claw. Finally, he gathers up the faintly glowing almonds and stows them in his pouch.

It took him a while, but he's made his decision. The static-filled nuts are definitely the most charming.

Y) High-Voltage Almonds High-Voltage Almonds
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
Well I guess I will keep going down the same path. [b]Day 3: X)[/b] [item=charged tungsten]
Well I guess I will keep going down the same path.

Day 3: X) Charged Tungsten

1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
Daren had grinned at the explanation the old tundra had given about storm dancers, thinking of the ones he knew in his own clan. "Wish Soren had been able to come with me," he muttered to himself as the tundra left. "I wouldn't be short on power with him around." He sighed, knowing his friend was busy collecting energy back home to run the multitude of technology in their clan's lair- including much of Daren's older work. The gears on his wings whirred as he flexed them, thinking. "Right... so without a storm dancer to help me power things, I think my best bet is gonna be to look for some charged tungsten (x). Better get started."

It took far longer than he'd hoped to find what he was looking for, and he was tempted to give up when he found the almonds- he knew from experience that those could pack a punch, but he didn't trust their stability beyond a few hours. Still, he eventually got what he needed, though not without getting shocked by a lemming in the process.
Daren had grinned at the explanation the old tundra had given about storm dancers, thinking of the ones he knew in his own clan. "Wish Soren had been able to come with me," he muttered to himself as the tundra left. "I wouldn't be short on power with him around." He sighed, knowing his friend was busy collecting energy back home to run the multitude of technology in their clan's lair- including much of Daren's older work. The gears on his wings whirred as he flexed them, thinking. "Right... so without a storm dancer to help me power things, I think my best bet is gonna be to look for some charged tungsten (x). Better get started."

It took far longer than he'd hoped to find what he was looking for, and he was tempted to give up when he found the almonds- he knew from experience that those could pack a punch, but he didn't trust their stability beyond a few hours. Still, he eventually got what he needed, though not without getting shocked by a lemming in the process.
lets_make_some_science_by_lynntv-d6qzmxd.gif021_zpswugdkw7b.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13934915] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/139350/13934915.png[/img] [/url][/center] Tundra looked down at the selection of items before him, scrutinizing each carefully. [i]Hrm... I suppose the almonds would fit best in the compartment, but they don't seem to carry much of the kind of power I want. This'll burn down quick with the type of invention I have in mind; I need something stronger. Jellies? No, that would be a pain to stuff in. Literally. The lemming? Nope, same as the jellies. Plus, it would probably bite me. Or end up dead. Eew, dead lemming always smells so gross. I guess that just leaves the Tungsten, then. It's a little too big, but I should be able to cut it down to the correct size with Leon's pincers and my tools.[/i] He delicately curled his claws around three of the chunks of Tungsten he had found, then threw the other ones back out into the landscape. If he had calculated correctly, one of these sliced in half would be enough to fill up two of the battery compartments in his engine. The third was just in case. The Wildclaw was a little hungry, though. The High-Voltage Almonds never made it back out into the wild. [b][X: Charged Tungsten][/b] [item=charged tungsten]

Tundra looked down at the selection of items before him, scrutinizing each carefully.

Hrm... I suppose the almonds would fit best in the compartment, but they don't seem to carry much of the kind of power I want. This'll burn down quick with the type of invention I have in mind; I need something stronger.

Jellies? No, that would be a pain to stuff in. Literally.

The lemming? Nope, same as the jellies. Plus, it would probably bite me. Or end up dead. Eew, dead lemming always smells so gross.

I guess that just leaves the Tungsten, then. It's a little too big, but I should be able to cut it down to the correct size with Leon's pincers and my tools.

He delicately curled his claws around three of the chunks of Tungsten he had found, then threw the other ones back out into the landscape. If he had calculated correctly, one of these sliced in half would be enough to fill up two of the battery compartments in his engine. The third was just in case.

The Wildclaw was a little hungry, though.

The High-Voltage Almonds never made it back out into the wild.

[X: Charged Tungsten]
Charged Tungsten
globules.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 53 54