Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 53 54
Oh no...looks like I won't have time for RP today...maybe I'll just stay online until you post the next day so I can get it done ^^

Day 2: D) Hamster Wheel
Oh no...looks like I won't have time for RP today...maybe I'll just stay online until you post the next day so I can get it done ^^

Day 2: D) Hamster Wheel
You hear a sharp click as the door shuts behind you. The doors are locked for the night.

Submissions for Day 2 Answers will no longer be accepted! Day 3 and the reaction to Day 2 will be posted shortly!
You hear a sharp click as the door shuts behind you. The doors are locked for the night.

Submissions for Day 2 Answers will no longer be accepted! Day 3 and the reaction to Day 2 will be posted shortly!
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
@Asashi @kokobean22 @Windschein @PurplePanda @Kizmetto @SaturdayLemon @TheBestiary @Aleise @Kimdra @Amazonite @ThisOneIsBlue @SilverBook @RandomShmoe @sammpotato @Chocoli @Sadrain @kottadragon @clanguardian @Helianthe @pangolinparade @Eialyne @Sasutin @Stanzascale @Draconequis @BrinBellway @rubyredtan @sagestuck @Shadowlugia711 @Silvain @Stasha @Snek @Jadeit @Drav @EllieAlice @Lundlaeva @Asrayl @Rhyfel @Tigressrising @Serendipital @Luna @JinxMoonstone @ShadowRising @Harukai @Amsie @SomeoneGhost @Argentdayl @Schefflera @Kaesa @lukascend@PrivateDetective @Almedha @muscovite @Iztarshi @dragonfire27 @Darknessdragon [b]There will be no reaction or points revealed today! I don't want to influence your choice of a power source by telling you which engine was the right one![/b] The points and reactions will be revealed tomorrow night for both days with the points added together. [b]Some General Update Stuff:[/b] I've added the "Theme" title of the day to the Day's links on the first page. Hopefully this will clarify what is potentially going to happen each day. In case you're new to the CYOA, or hadn't noticed last night, I will post a 30 minute warning similar (or just like) this one [quote name="Stormdragon" date=2015-07-26 20:03:12] An automated voice comes on the loudspeaker, "30 Minute Warning! The doors will lock and the lights will shut off in 30 minutes! Gather your belongings and exit the building. The door will lock and will not let anyone in or out." (30 minutes left to submit your answers and RP for Day 1) [/quote] followed by a post 30 minutes later that will look something like this [quote name="Stormdragon" date=2015-07-26 20:35:19] You hear a sharp click as the door shuts behind you. The doors are locked for the night. Submissions for Day 1 Answers will no longer be accepted! Day 2 and the reaction to Day 1 will be posted shortly! [/quote] A short while later I will post the reaction posts to the day that just ended, then post the next day's scenario. I was asked about lodging for the dragons during their overnight stay, and here's what I imagine there is ^^ If you have any other ideas this certainly isn't the only way a dragon can stay in Lightning territory! [quote name="Stormdragon" date=2015-07-27 17:16:15] I'm sure there's hotels or such around, but they'd probably be booked if you only started looking for a room on your arrival. There are a couple of hotels that offered rooms to dragons participating in the events, but last I checked the last rooms for those filled up around the time of the Ice festival. Many dragons who come to Thundercrack can find lodging within many of the clans in the region. For the most part (that I've met) Lightning dragons are very kind and welcoming, so long as they know your motives. Many dragons have a link to at least one lightning dragon, so staying with a friend of a friend is usually the preferred choice. Another option for the people visiting the inventing faire is to stay within the building. On the upper floor a couple of the rooms are open and stocked with blankets and pillows of all sizes. Food should not be an issue, as there is a 24/7 convenience mart on the eastern part of the lower floor. [/quote] However I must mention the 24/7 convenience mart doesn't have very good variety of food, and as is typical at somewhere like a gas station, most of it is junk food. I personally would rather stay elsewhere than the event building! Also one more note (and maybe a slight hint) to keep in mind; I'm not an engineer or a scientist, so I'm by no means highly educated in this department. The most scientifically correct answers may seem the most logical, but I believe that in Sornieth magic is a strong factor, so illogical things may be able to work too! I don't know, or maybe I'm just trying to mess with your answers ;)
@Asashi @kokobean22 @Windschein @PurplePanda @Kizmetto @SaturdayLemon @TheBestiary @Aleise @Kimdra @Amazonite @ThisOneIsBlue @SilverBook @RandomShmoe @sammpotato @Chocoli @Sadrain @kottadragon @clanguardian @Helianthe @pangolinparade @Eialyne @Sasutin @Stanzascale @Draconequis @BrinBellway @rubyredtan @sagestuck @Shadowlugia711 @Silvain @Stasha @Snek @Jadeit @Drav @EllieAlice @Lundlaeva @Asrayl @Rhyfel @Tigressrising @Serendipital @Luna @JinxMoonstone @ShadowRising @Harukai @Amsie @SomeoneGhost @Argentdayl @Schefflera @Kaesa @lukascend@PrivateDetective @Almedha @muscovite @Iztarshi @dragonfire27 @Darknessdragon

There will be no reaction or points revealed today! I don't want to influence your choice of a power source by telling you which engine was the right one! The points and reactions will be revealed tomorrow night for both days with the points added together.

Some General Update Stuff:

I've added the "Theme" title of the day to the Day's links on the first page. Hopefully this will clarify what is potentially going to happen each day.

In case you're new to the CYOA, or hadn't noticed last night, I will post a 30 minute warning similar (or just like) this one
Stormdragon wrote on 2015-07-26:
An automated voice comes on the loudspeaker,

"30 Minute Warning! The doors will lock and the lights will shut off in 30 minutes! Gather your belongings and exit the building. The door will lock and will not let anyone in or out."

(30 minutes left to submit your answers and RP for Day 1)
followed by a post 30 minutes later that will look something like this
Stormdragon wrote on 2015-07-26:

Submissions for Day 1 Answers will no longer be accepted! Day 2 and the reaction to Day 1 will be posted shortly!

A short while later I will post the reaction posts to the day that just ended, then post the next day's scenario.

I was asked about lodging for the dragons during their overnight stay, and here's what I imagine there is ^^ If you have any other ideas this certainly isn't the only way a dragon can stay in Lightning territory!
Stormdragon wrote on 2015-07-27:

I'm sure there's hotels or such around, but they'd probably be booked if you only started looking for a room on your arrival. There are a couple of hotels that offered rooms to dragons participating in the events, but last I checked the last rooms for those filled up around the time of the Ice festival. Many dragons who come to Thundercrack can find lodging within many of the clans in the region. For the most part (that I've met) Lightning dragons are very kind and welcoming, so long as they know your motives. Many dragons have a link to at least one lightning dragon, so staying with a friend of a friend is usually the preferred choice. Another option for the people visiting the inventing faire is to stay within the building. On the upper floor a couple of the rooms are open and stocked with blankets and pillows of all sizes. Food should not be an issue, as there is a 24/7 convenience mart on the eastern part of the lower floor.
However I must mention the 24/7 convenience mart doesn't have very good variety of food, and as is typical at somewhere like a gas station, most of it is junk food. I personally would rather stay elsewhere than the event building!

Also one more note (and maybe a slight hint) to keep in mind; I'm not an engineer or a scientist, so I'm by no means highly educated in this department. The most scientifically correct answers may seem the most logical, but I believe that in Sornieth magic is a strong factor, so illogical things may be able to work too! I don't know, or maybe I'm just trying to mess with your answers ;)
@Stormdragon

EDIT: Aw, I was to late! :( Can I still keep playing tomorrow?

(Should we ping or not, btw?)

With new resolve, Samael started his search through the bits and pieces and leftover inventions left from previous festivals, looking for something he could use as an engine. A huge car engine caught his eye first, but there was no way the tiny fae would be able to haul the large thing around; he would have to find something smaller. Some more searching brought him two more possibilities, and after some thought he decided on (A) a little case that looked like it would hold four small battery-sized objects - it was light and easy to handle and would probably suit him best, seeing as he would need to construct something easily portable if he wanted to get it back to his designated exhibition stand in time.

@Stormdragon

EDIT: Aw, I was to late! :( Can I still keep playing tomorrow?

(Should we ping or not, btw?)

With new resolve, Samael started his search through the bits and pieces and leftover inventions left from previous festivals, looking for something he could use as an engine. A huge car engine caught his eye first, but there was no way the tiny fae would be able to haul the large thing around; he would have to find something smaller. Some more searching brought him two more possibilities, and after some thought he decided on (A) a little case that looked like it would hold four small battery-sized objects - it was light and easy to handle and would probably suit him best, seeing as he would need to construct something easily portable if he wanted to get it back to his designated exhibition stand in time.

cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
@felistopaz
You sure can still play! If you're still after the RP category you are allowed to miss one day of RP.
No need to ping unless you have a question for me ^^ I make sure to read every post!
@felistopaz
You sure can still play! If you're still after the RP category you are allowed to miss one day of RP.
No need to ping unless you have a question for me ^^ I make sure to read every post!
[center][b]Day 3[/b][/center] The faire is now brimming with the energy of a crowd, the events are all in full swing, and it seems like half the population of Sornieth has crowded into Lightning territory. You can see a lightning storm crackling above the building through the glass roof. It’s a beautiful and terrifying sight to see the dark clouds suddenly ignite with lightning. You see some movement in the clouds, is that a group of dragons flying through the storm? “Hello young one.” You jump at the sudden deep and crackly voice by your shoulder. You turn to see an old Tundra, who is more machine than dragon. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=107181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1072/107181_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] “You see the Storm Dancers up there? Silly kids decked out in the best lightning-harvesting equipment. So much danger, but so much energy to harvest up there in the clouds. Ha, not my cup of tea, but it sure works. Takes years of dedication to fly up in the stormclouds like that, and it really is a bonus if you’re born from Lightning, or even Earth.” You can hear gears whirring, and the light crackle of electricity coming from the old tundra. “You an inventor here? Good luck, I’ve seen some impressive stuff around here. Good luck impressing my grandson.” He walks away before you really have a chance to say anything to him. His grandson? Did he mean the coatl who greeted you earlier? You glance back at the Storm Dancers. If only you could harvest some of the energy from the clouds that easily. No matter, your easiest option now is to go outside to hunt for a power source. You’re likely to find something brimming with energy in this lightning-charged landscape. After a couple of hours of searching you find four items, which are you going to use? W) [item=static charged lemming] X) [item=charged tungsten] Y) [item=high-voltage almonds] Z) [item=electric stingers]
Day 3

The faire is now brimming with the energy of a crowd, the events are all in full swing, and it seems like half the population of Sornieth has crowded into Lightning territory. You can see a lightning storm crackling above the building through the glass roof. It’s a beautiful and terrifying sight to see the dark clouds suddenly ignite with lightning. You see some movement in the clouds, is that a group of dragons flying through the storm?

“Hello young one.” You jump at the sudden deep and crackly voice by your shoulder. You turn to see an old Tundra, who is more machine than dragon. “You see the Storm Dancers up there? Silly kids decked out in the best lightning-harvesting equipment. So much danger, but so much energy to harvest up there in the clouds. Ha, not my cup of tea, but it sure works. Takes years of dedication to fly up in the stormclouds like that, and it really is a bonus if you’re born from Lightning, or even Earth.” You can hear gears whirring, and the light crackle of electricity coming from the old tundra. “You an inventor here? Good luck, I’ve seen some impressive stuff around here. Good luck impressing my grandson.” He walks away before you really have a chance to say anything to him. His grandson? Did he mean the coatl who greeted you earlier?

You glance back at the Storm Dancers. If only you could harvest some of the energy from the clouds that easily. No matter, your easiest option now is to go outside to hunt for a power source. You’re likely to find something brimming with energy in this lightning-charged landscape.

After a couple of hours of searching you find four items, which are you going to use?
W) Static Charged Lemming
X) Charged Tungsten
Y) High-Voltage Almonds
Z) Electric Stingers
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3370147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/33702/3370147_350.png[/img] [/url] When he saw the lemming, Aki laughed. "So there were [i]hamsters[/i], after all! If only I'd known." However, having not picked the wheel, he moved on to the other possibilities. He dismissed the jellyfish as too dangerous, not wanting to get stung. He was also pretty sure that his golem gauntlet wouldn't agree with the water. That only left the electrified almonds and stones. "I guess it comes down to which ones would power my engine better. Neither of them really fit, but maybe if I..." He mused. "Yes, that should do it! If I can modify the engine to convert these into energy, it should power my invention! The stems seem to already facilitate energy transfer from the bulbs, so linking them to the engine shouldn't be too difficult." Having found his solution, he quickly gathered up as many almonds as possible. [b]Y) Almonds[/b]

3370147_350.png

When he saw the lemming, Aki laughed. "So there were hamsters, after all! If only I'd known." However, having not picked the wheel, he moved on to the other possibilities. He dismissed the jellyfish as too dangerous, not wanting to get stung. He was also pretty sure that his golem gauntlet wouldn't agree with the water. That only left the electrified almonds and stones.

"I guess it comes down to which ones would power my engine better. Neither of them really fit, but maybe if I..." He mused. "Yes, that should do it! If I can modify the engine to convert these into energy, it should power my invention! The stems seem to already facilitate energy transfer from the bulbs, so linking them to the engine shouldn't be too difficult." Having found his solution, he quickly gathered up as many almonds as possible.

Y) Almonds
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13637458] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136375/13637458_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Y) [item=High-Voltage Almonds][/b]

13637458_350.png

Y) High-Voltage Almonds
kUL6lb9.png
Flux returned from his painfully long search with four items and singed talons. He had underestimated how much electricity these contained, but that wasn't going to stop him from entering. Maybe. He stared at the items he held. The jellyfish would be extremely hard to handle, especially out of water. It was too dangerous to harness electricity from a damp object. The lemming was all fat and, as much its fur stood up, it didn't seem like a good source. If the almonds were edible, they wouldn't be that helpful. Flux chucked an almond in his mouth and flew back slowly, carrying several of the X) [item=Charged Tungsten].
Flux returned from his painfully long search with four items and singed talons. He had underestimated how much electricity these contained, but that wasn't going to stop him from entering. Maybe.

He stared at the items he held. The jellyfish would be extremely hard to handle, especially out of water. It was too dangerous to harness electricity from a damp object. The lemming was all fat and, as much its fur stood up, it didn't seem like a good source. If the almonds were edible, they wouldn't be that helpful.

Flux chucked an almond in his mouth and flew back slowly, carrying several of the X) Charged Tungsten .
*cOUgh*
Xen had stayed up late preparing plans for his newest engine. He kept it close at hand all night as he slept on Ursa's back in the storage room. He'd always preferred to stay on site for such things, better to be completely engaged in one's work than to worry about living situations. Ursa seemed surprisingly fine as well surrounded by the old (and occasionally sandy) equipment.

The golem sounded off again in the morning and with a quick glance at his tiny engine Xen realized exactly what he would need in order to power it. He tucked the item into Ursa's collar, lept up, and zoomed out of the storage room to the hall. He paused momentarily to look up at the storm dancers, his own inner lightning buzzing through his frills. There was a brief compulsion to head out and join them; but he had work to do. His frills flattened in surprise when the old Tundra spoke.
“Hello young one.”

Xen turned and began analyzing the dragon at hand. Habitually he pulled out a piece of paper and began writing.
Robot. Wiring. Aged. Birds. Covered. Mesmerizing. Study desired. A
He scribbled a bit as the dragon spoke, picking up the conversation but unable to contribute too much to it. He must have been old, but most dragons felt that way to Xen. He stuck the paper to the back of the tundra as he wandered off. He'd find the review later and be pleased, Xen was sure.

Outside.

The idea was simple, his power source had to be small and efficient, potentially rechargeable, and easily amplifiable if it was going to work. The solution, in that case, was obvious but it became a matter of finding a specimen. Xen scoured the sands for forty two minutes and thirty seven seconds (according to the Golem) before finally finding a single sample of Y) High-Voltage Almonds growing in the scrub lands nearby. It wasn't much, but it was really all he needed for the prototype. He harvested what he could, gave a cursory glance around just in case, then headed back to begin the real work.

This was going to be excellent.
Xen had stayed up late preparing plans for his newest engine. He kept it close at hand all night as he slept on Ursa's back in the storage room. He'd always preferred to stay on site for such things, better to be completely engaged in one's work than to worry about living situations. Ursa seemed surprisingly fine as well surrounded by the old (and occasionally sandy) equipment.

The golem sounded off again in the morning and with a quick glance at his tiny engine Xen realized exactly what he would need in order to power it. He tucked the item into Ursa's collar, lept up, and zoomed out of the storage room to the hall. He paused momentarily to look up at the storm dancers, his own inner lightning buzzing through his frills. There was a brief compulsion to head out and join them; but he had work to do. His frills flattened in surprise when the old Tundra spoke.
“Hello young one.”

Xen turned and began analyzing the dragon at hand. Habitually he pulled out a piece of paper and began writing.
Robot. Wiring. Aged. Birds. Covered. Mesmerizing. Study desired. A
He scribbled a bit as the dragon spoke, picking up the conversation but unable to contribute too much to it. He must have been old, but most dragons felt that way to Xen. He stuck the paper to the back of the tundra as he wandered off. He'd find the review later and be pleased, Xen was sure.

Outside.

The idea was simple, his power source had to be small and efficient, potentially rechargeable, and easily amplifiable if it was going to work. The solution, in that case, was obvious but it became a matter of finding a specimen. Xen scoured the sands for forty two minutes and thirty seven seconds (according to the Golem) before finally finding a single sample of Y) High-Voltage Almonds growing in the scrub lands nearby. It wasn't much, but it was really all he needed for the prototype. He harvested what he could, gave a cursory glance around just in case, then headed back to begin the real work.

This was going to be excellent.
2irkjyq.gif
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 53 54