Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 53 54
Sorry, I don't have time to RP today! ^^;

C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.
Sorry, I don't have time to RP today! ^^;

C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.
FR +12
Dorothea sits amongst a pile of upended bins, mechanical parts strewn before her. She peers closely at a cracked resinous case before hurling it over her shoulder. The banded owlcat stares down at her from atop a bolted shelf; she waves it away with a paw.

"Not yet, Humphrey. Nothing here generates the force I need from an engine. For a bunch of boltheads, they don't even fix... Wait, what's this?"

Dorothea sits amongst a pile of upended bins, mechanical parts strewn before her. She peers closely at a cracked resinous case before hurling it over her shoulder. The banded owlcat stares down at her from atop a bolted shelf; she waves it away with a paw.

"Not yet, Humphrey. Nothing here generates the force I need from an engine. For a bunch of boltheads, they don't even fix... Wait, what's this?"

[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10355261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/103553/10355261_350.png[/img] [/url] Rivendell sighed despondently as he stood outside the faire for the second day. [i]Everything will be all right. Yes, my invention has been lost. And yes, I did get caught trying to misappropriate someone else's. And it is possible everyone here believes I'm a petty thief. But I can start over. Have a clean slate... OH FOR THE LOVE OF STORMCATCHER, WAS THAT RIDGEBACK LOOKING AT ME?!?[/i] "You're panicking again. Deep breaths, count to ten. Think of something calming. Think about fish. Swimming back and forth and up and down and back and forth .... " [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10777753] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/107778/10777753_350.png[/img] [/url] Glancing up at the sing-song tones of his partner/best friend, Rivendell glared at the larger purple Wildclaw. "If I"m panicking then it would be your fault. You are a menace. You convinced me to [i]liberate[/i] an invention and now everyone here probably assumes that I'm a common thief! Incapable of original thought! I'm going to be the laughing stock of the faire! I'll never be able to show my face again. I -" "Remember what we talked about Mate," Athos interrupted. "Happy Place, Calm thoughts. Happy Place, Calm thoughts." [i]Right. Calm thoughts. Be calm. I can do this. It will be fine. No one thinks you're a thief.[/i] Holding his head high Rivendell prepared to march into the faire and show all these dragons just what he was capable of. ========== After dragging Athos away from the vendors selling food outside the faire, and getting directions from a [i]thankfully[/i] different security dragon than the one they had encountered last night, Rivendell finally made it into Storage Room 1. He had been informed that he could borrow any needed parts from the left behind inventions. "But [i]only[/i] parts, not the whole invention mind you", the large Ridgeback stressed. [i]Did he know about his liberation attempts?[/i] Ok. No. HAPPY PLACE. He doesn't think you're a thief, he was being helpful. And clearly he and Athos weren't the alone in their need for spare parts; the room was full of dragons, he would have to be quick if he was to find any decent parts to work with. "Athos, ATHOS!" confounded Wildclaw, where was he? Whirling around RIvendell spotted his friend leaning against the wall eating a bag of nuts and watching a tiny fae drag a large machinery piece across the room. "Stop eating, and come help me. If we don't hurry there won't be anything left!" Without waiting for his friend Rivendell turned and dove headfirst into a pile of scap metal. Sorting through the pile quickly, he discarded uneeded items as he went and tossed them into a pile behind him. Still, he had yet to find anything that looked useful and he was beginning to feel rather depressed about his chances of rebuilding [i]anything[/i] out of this stuff when a claw wrapped around his tail and pulled him from the pile. "How about this?" Athos crowed from his perch atop a large five cylinder engine. He waved his bag of nuts around in excitement. "It's really big! Looks like it could easily power ten of your little coffee maker thingies" Rivendell circled around the large engine curiously. Yes, it was big. And yes, it could power several of his inventions easily. But there was no possible way that he could move it. Not even with Athos' help. "Nope. It's too big. We need something smaller, keep looking!" Once again RIvendell dove back into his pile and continued to dig around until he was yanked out unceremoniously by his tail. Rubbing his tail, he glared over at his counterpart. "Alright Mate. This is perfect. It's not too big. And it should power at least [i]one[/i] of your thingies. I think?" RIvendell watched curiously as Athos' extended his arm and then darted over to examine the small battery case he held out at him. "This still won't work, it's too small. And we don't have any batteries to put in it." Turning back to the piles of spare parts Rivendell continued on his search for the perfect power source. Ignoring his friends grumbles about his pickiness and then the quiet singing of "we pillage, we plunder, we rifle, we loot..." Some time later he was startled by AThos tapping on the back of his head. [i]Well, at least he didn't go for the tail this time, let's see what treasure he found now... [/i] The purple Willdclaw was nearly dancing with excitement, "I found it! It's perfect. Not too big, not too small, and.... IT DOESN"T TAKE BATTERIES! The perfect bit of loot" Giggling to himself Athos presented Rivendell with a slightly battered hamster wheel. Stunned RIvendell could only look in disbelief from Athos to the hamster wheel and back again. He couldn't [i]actually[/i] expect him to build something powered by [i]that[/i]? Could he? Sure he was good but he wasn't that good. He was still staring at the wheel when Athos started to laugh. "The look on your face, you have no idea. I'm sorry, I just wanted to see what you would do. I found these." Extending his other arm, Athos unfurled his claws to show Rivendell 3 small tubes with copper wire inside. Laughing RIvendell snatched the tubes from his friend and hugged them to his chest. Now these, these, he could work with. He glanced over at Athos and grinned sheepishly. "I'm sorry I said you were scatterbrained. And a menace. This is wonderful. Absolutely perfect... matey." "Ok, no. You can't pull off the pirate speak. Scurvy landlubber that you are." Athos laughed, "now c'mon let's go. We have intventing to do, savvy?" [b]Choice C: Three tubes with copper wire[/b]

10355261_350.png

Rivendell sighed despondently as he stood outside the faire for the second day. Everything will be all right. Yes, my invention has been lost. And yes, I did get caught trying to misappropriate someone else's. And it is possible everyone here believes I'm a petty thief. But I can start over. Have a clean slate... OH FOR THE LOVE OF STORMCATCHER, WAS THAT RIDGEBACK LOOKING AT ME?!?

"You're panicking again. Deep breaths, count to ten. Think of something calming. Think about fish. Swimming back and forth and up and down and back and forth .... "

10777753_350.png

Glancing up at the sing-song tones of his partner/best friend, Rivendell glared at the larger purple Wildclaw. "If I"m panicking then it would be your fault. You are a menace. You convinced me to liberate an invention and now everyone here probably assumes that I'm a common thief! Incapable of original thought! I'm going to be the laughing stock of the faire! I'll never be able to show my face again. I -"

"Remember what we talked about Mate," Athos interrupted. "Happy Place, Calm thoughts. Happy Place, Calm thoughts."

Right. Calm thoughts. Be calm. I can do this. It will be fine. No one thinks you're a thief. Holding his head high Rivendell prepared to march into the faire and show all these dragons just what he was capable of.

==========

After dragging Athos away from the vendors selling food outside the faire, and getting directions from a thankfully different security dragon than the one they had encountered last night, Rivendell finally made it into Storage Room 1. He had been informed that he could borrow any needed parts from the left behind inventions. "But only parts, not the whole invention mind you", the large Ridgeback stressed. Did he know about his liberation attempts? Ok. No. HAPPY PLACE. He doesn't think you're a thief, he was being helpful. And clearly he and Athos weren't the alone in their need for spare parts; the room was full of dragons, he would have to be quick if he was to find any decent parts to work with.

"Athos, ATHOS!" confounded Wildclaw, where was he? Whirling around RIvendell spotted his friend leaning against the wall eating a bag of nuts and watching a tiny fae drag a large machinery piece across the room. "Stop eating, and come help me. If we don't hurry there won't be anything left!"

Without waiting for his friend Rivendell turned and dove headfirst into a pile of scap metal. Sorting through the pile quickly, he discarded uneeded items as he went and tossed them into a pile behind him. Still, he had yet to find anything that looked useful and he was beginning to feel rather depressed about his chances of rebuilding anything out of this stuff when a claw wrapped around his tail and pulled him from the pile.

"How about this?" Athos crowed from his perch atop a large five cylinder engine. He waved his bag of nuts around in excitement. "It's really big! Looks like it could easily power ten of your little coffee maker thingies"

Rivendell circled around the large engine curiously. Yes, it was big. And yes, it could power several of his inventions easily. But there was no possible way that he could move it. Not even with Athos' help. "Nope. It's too big. We need something smaller, keep looking!"

Once again RIvendell dove back into his pile and continued to dig around until he was yanked out unceremoniously by his tail. Rubbing his tail, he glared over at his counterpart.

"Alright Mate. This is perfect. It's not too big. And it should power at least one of your thingies. I think?" RIvendell watched curiously as Athos' extended his arm and then darted over to examine the small battery case he held out at him.

"This still won't work, it's too small. And we don't have any batteries to put in it."

Turning back to the piles of spare parts Rivendell continued on his search for the perfect power source. Ignoring his friends grumbles about his pickiness and then the quiet singing of "we pillage, we plunder, we rifle, we loot..."

Some time later he was startled by AThos tapping on the back of his head. Well, at least he didn't go for the tail this time, let's see what treasure he found now...

The purple Willdclaw was nearly dancing with excitement, "I found it! It's perfect. Not too big, not too small, and.... IT DOESN"T TAKE BATTERIES! The perfect bit of loot" Giggling to himself Athos presented Rivendell with a slightly battered hamster wheel.

Stunned RIvendell could only look in disbelief from Athos to the hamster wheel and back again. He couldn't actually expect him to build something powered by that? Could he? Sure he was good but he wasn't that good.

He was still staring at the wheel when Athos started to laugh. "The look on your face, you have no idea. I'm sorry, I just wanted to see what you would do. I found these." Extending his other arm, Athos unfurled his claws to show Rivendell 3 small tubes with copper wire inside.

Laughing RIvendell snatched the tubes from his friend and hugged them to his chest. Now these, these, he could work with. He glanced over at Athos and grinned sheepishly. "I'm sorry I said you were scatterbrained. And a menace. This is wonderful. Absolutely perfect... matey."

"Ok, no. You can't pull off the pirate speak. Scurvy landlubber that you are." Athos laughed, "now c'mon let's go. We have intventing to do, savvy?"

Choice C: Three tubes with copper wire

[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13169134] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/131692/13169134_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13999115] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/139992/13999115_350.png[/img] [/url] The two feas flutter around searching for parts for their invention there 2 lumen familiars scurrying underneath them. Volt stops at the car engine "I found something Jolt!" She gasps at it's size. "That could never work. It's bigger than I am. How could we even move it?" "Oh come on it can't be that much heavier than you" He said jokingly. Jolt just shook her head and slimed "What about this?" she asks pulling a little case out of a cardboard box. "What is it?" He asks. They examine the little box. "A battery case? It's awfully small. . ." They set it down looking to see what else they can find but not crossing out the possibility. Jolt continues to search in boxes, while Volt flutters around like a humming bird it's amazing he can see anything moving so fast. He zooms back to Jolt holding a . . . hamster wheel? "What is that for?" "For you to run in. You're getting pretty chunky you know." He jokes. Even at a time like this he's unable to maintain a serious mood "Even fea aren't that small and that still doesn't solve our engine problem." "But Volt jr and Watts can fit" He said referring to their familiars "I bet they're fast enough to make more energy than the car engine. Watts can make it solar powered." "Alright" She said watching his crest quiver in excitement. They hurried off with their [b]D) Hamster wheel[/b]

13169134_350.png

13999115_350.png

The two feas flutter around searching for parts for their invention there 2 lumen familiars scurrying underneath them. Volt stops at the car engine
"I found something Jolt!"
She gasps at it's size. "That could never work. It's bigger than I am. How could we even move it?"
"Oh come on it can't be that much heavier than you" He said jokingly.
Jolt just shook her head and slimed "What about this?" she asks pulling a little case out of a cardboard box.
"What is it?" He asks. They examine the little box. "A battery case? It's awfully small. . ." They set it down looking to see what else they can find but not crossing out the possibility. Jolt continues to search in boxes, while Volt flutters around like a humming bird it's amazing he can see anything moving so fast. He zooms back to Jolt holding a . . . hamster wheel?
"What is that for?"
"For you to run in. You're getting pretty chunky you know." He jokes. Even at a time like this he's unable to maintain a serious mood
"Even fea aren't that small and that still doesn't solve our engine problem."
"But Volt jr and Watts can fit" He said referring to their familiars "I bet they're fast enough to make more energy than the car engine. Watts can make it solar powered."
"Alright" She said watching his crest quiver in excitement. They hurried off with their
D) Hamster wheel
FR_signature_buttons_volt_2.pngFR_signature_buttons_intro.pngFR_signature_buttons_art_shop.pngFR_signature_buttons_wishlist.pngFR_signature_buttons_volt_small.png
Day 2: C) 3 tubes with copper inside.
Day 2: C) 3 tubes with copper inside.
163mug.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6564065] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/65641/6564065_350.png[/img] [/url] “Nice of them to [i]acknowledge[/i] things are going wrong, at least,” Vasilios grumbled. “Do you suppose they’d consider extending the deadline to make up for it, Hex?” [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10738211] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/107383/10738211_350.png[/img] [/url] “Hexi. And no. They would have announced such a thing immediately rather than wait and suffer frantic contestants.” “We’re going to be frantic no matter what, we’re [i]inventor’s[/i], we’re under contract to be half mad. Hex.” The robotic almost mirror snarled. “[i][b]Hexi[/b][/i], you CPU lacking overheated low watt. Here,” and they slammed a strange set of tubes with copper wire wrapped inside them. “You will use this as part of your machine.” “Actually I was thinking about the engine-“ “You will use this or you will use the hamster wheel, and I will find an Arcaneling that is willing to turn you into the hamster.” Vasilios paused. There were very few things that would truly rile Hexi, and it looked like he had found one of them. “The tubes it is then.” [b] C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.[/b]

6564065_350.png

“Nice of them to acknowledge things are going wrong, at least,” Vasilios grumbled. “Do you suppose they’d consider extending the deadline to make up for it, Hex?”

10738211_350.png

“Hexi. And no. They would have announced such a thing immediately rather than wait and suffer frantic contestants.”
“We’re going to be frantic no matter what, we’re inventor’s, we’re under contract to be half mad. Hex.”
The robotic almost mirror snarled. “Hexi, you CPU lacking overheated low watt. Here,” and they slammed a strange set of tubes with copper wire wrapped inside them. “You will use this as part of your machine.”
“Actually I was thinking about the engine-“
“You will use this or you will use the hamster wheel, and I will find an Arcaneling that is willing to turn you into the hamster.”
Vasilios paused. There were very few things that would truly rile Hexi, and it looked like he had found one of them. “The tubes it is then.”

pUIEQPQ.pngzydhRpA.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/17719/1771800.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/33074/3307357.png[/img] [i]Parts.[/i] Agatha was in heaven. Never mind that her invention had gone missing (possibly stolen, possibly misplaced, possibly wandered off by itself). Never mind who was responsible or what might be going on. Here she had an absolute glory of abandoned projects to select pieces from. She picked her way through the storeroom, periodically detaching something that looked interesting and piling it on top of her Guardian companion. "You realize we are basically going through previous contestants' trash, Mistress," said the Castle. "I suppose you'd prefer the detritus of a battlefield," she said, amused. "It might be more satisfying," the Castle huffed. "...What are you looking for?" "Well, first I need to power it," Agatha mused. "I've got about four candidates, although I'll have to track down fuel or the equivalent regardless. There's what looks like a battery case--" The Castle squinted at it dubiously. "How are you going to fit anything useful in there?" it demanded. "If you already [i]had[/i] batteries that you needed to keep corralled, I suppose...." Agatha lifted her head. "I am [i]excellent[/i] at miniaturization." The Castle, which liked things big, looked unconvinced. "There's also a five-cylinder engine over there, a bit bulky but I'm sure I could streamline it and get some spare parts off it as well." "Now that's more like it." "[i]However,[/i] I am not clear on the availability of combustible fuel in this area. These copper coils look promising, although I'll have to power a generator or make batteries [i]anyway[/i] if I can't plug it in." She frowned. "And I do want it to be portable. Still, lightning should be a consistently viable power source anywhere around here. And the fourth--" "Looks like a hamster wheel." The Castle eyed it doubtfully. "Are you planning to build something to jog on it?" "Exactly!" Agatha said, delighted that it had understood her plan. "The golem could do that, actually, or any kind of appropriately sized wind-up device, and power a generator. [i]Completely[/i] reliable." She gave it a spin and set it whirring happily. The wheel bounded off its axle and went rolling, and she had to run and chase it down while the Castle snickered at her. Agatha sighed. "Okay, so it's a little flimsy." She flopped on the Castle's tail to reassemble the hamster wheel. "Maaaaaaybe I'll take the copper coils and build a generator if I really need it." [b]C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.[/b]
1771800.png3307357.png

Parts.

Agatha was in heaven. Never mind that her invention had gone missing (possibly stolen, possibly misplaced, possibly wandered off by itself). Never mind who was responsible or what might be going on. Here she had an absolute glory of abandoned projects to select pieces from. She picked her way through the storeroom, periodically detaching something that looked interesting and piling it on top of her Guardian companion.

"You realize we are basically going through previous contestants' trash, Mistress," said the Castle.

"I suppose you'd prefer the detritus of a battlefield," she said, amused.

"It might be more satisfying," the Castle huffed. "...What are you looking for?"

"Well, first I need to power it," Agatha mused. "I've got about four candidates, although I'll have to track down fuel or the equivalent regardless. There's what looks like a battery case--"

The Castle squinted at it dubiously. "How are you going to fit anything useful in there?" it demanded. "If you already had batteries that you needed to keep corralled, I suppose...."

Agatha lifted her head. "I am excellent at miniaturization." The Castle, which liked things big, looked unconvinced. "There's also a five-cylinder engine over there, a bit bulky but I'm sure I could streamline it and get some spare parts off it as well."

"Now that's more like it."

"However, I am not clear on the availability of combustible fuel in this area. These copper coils look promising, although I'll have to power a generator or make batteries anyway if I can't plug it in." She frowned. "And I do want it to be portable. Still, lightning should be a consistently viable power source anywhere around here. And the fourth--"

"Looks like a hamster wheel." The Castle eyed it doubtfully. "Are you planning to build something to jog on it?"

"Exactly!" Agatha said, delighted that it had understood her plan. "The golem could do that, actually, or any kind of appropriately sized wind-up device, and power a generator. Completely reliable." She gave it a spin and set it whirring happily.

The wheel bounded off its axle and went rolling, and she had to run and chase it down while the Castle snickered at her.

Agatha sighed. "Okay, so it's a little flimsy." She flopped on the Castle's tail to reassemble the hamster wheel. "Maaaaaaybe I'll take the copper coils and build a generator if I really need it."

cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
@Stormdragon Argh, I missed day 1, guess I'll have to jump right into... [center][b]Day 2[/b][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9605046] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/96051/9605046_350.png[/img] [/url] Toby was just glad to be on semi-solid ground, now that he and his partner had arrived mostly in one piece. "It's a pity we ran into such inclement weather on our way here! And that our invention was carried away by angry raptorik before we could explain what we needed it for! But I'm sure we'll be able to make up for lost time. And who knows, maybe our second attempt will be better and more efficient!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8928540] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/89286/8928540_350.png[/img] [/url] Ed lashed her tail back and forth irritably. "I knew we should've left earlier. If you'd just let me test out my deathray on the raptorik they would be melted into goo by now and --" "I think raptorik melt into muck, technically," said Toby. "Anyway, I'm sure it was all just a misunderstanding. If we'd just --" "Muck is a subset of goo, and don't give me that 'misunderstanding' nonsense, the only one misunderstanding their intentions is you. And look at the mess we're in now! We'll never DESTROY OUR FOOLISH COMPETITORS WITH THE SHEER FORCE OF OUR GENIUS," she exclaimed. "Ed," said Toby. "I don't think --" "Well, no, that's true. You don't. The sheer force of [i]my[/i] genius, then," she amended. Toby sighed, and allowed his compatriot to gnaw on the scenery for a while while he looked for someone who knew what they were doing. He spotted a Ridgeback in teal Lightning livery, who pointed him to a storeroom, and somehow managed to nudge Ed along while she muttered things like "...rue the day they ever crossed me!" and "Someday I shall feast upon their livers!" (He made a mental note to find a refreshment stand that served meat as soon as possible; a hungry Mirror was a bitey Mirror.) Once they made their way to Storage 1, though, Ed perked right up; though she'd been hatched in Plague she'd spent most of her childhood in the Shifting Expanse, and picking through the machinery must feel homey to her, he supposed. "What a marvelous engine," she said, running her claws delicately over the heavy gasoline-powered engine in the center. "A pity we don't need so much power. Next year, perhaps?" "What about this little battery pack?" Toby asked, doing his own rummaging. "Or, or, what about this?" he said, fishing out a device with three tubes. "Hmm. That's probably our best bet," she said, inspecting the copper coils inside its tubes. "There's more than enough electricity to give us the power we need. Wait, wait, what's this?" she asked, toeing something sticking out of the pile of junk. Toby pounced on it before it sank back into the heap, and fished it out. It looked like a hamster wheel. They exchanged a look. "Nah," said Toby. "I do wonder where the hamster got to, though," said Ed. "They're very good fried! Or raw." Toby made a face, and took [b]C. the three tubes with copper coiled inside.[/b] "If you eat my liver, we'll both be disqualified from the competition," he reminded her. "It's in the bylaws somewhere." "Is it?" she asked, sounding genuinely surprised. "That seems needlessly restrictive." He shrugged. "Don't blame me, I don't make the rules."
@Stormdragon

Argh, I missed day 1, guess I'll have to jump right into...

Day 2

9605046_350.png

Toby was just glad to be on semi-solid ground, now that he and his partner had arrived mostly in one piece. "It's a pity we ran into such inclement weather on our way here! And that our invention was carried away by angry raptorik before we could explain what we needed it for! But I'm sure we'll be able to make up for lost time. And who knows, maybe our second attempt will be better and more efficient!"

8928540_350.png

Ed lashed her tail back and forth irritably. "I knew we should've left earlier. If you'd just let me test out my deathray on the raptorik they would be melted into goo by now and --"

"I think raptorik melt into muck, technically," said Toby. "Anyway, I'm sure it was all just a misunderstanding. If we'd just --"

"Muck is a subset of goo, and don't give me that 'misunderstanding' nonsense, the only one misunderstanding their intentions is you. And look at the mess we're in now! We'll never DESTROY OUR FOOLISH COMPETITORS WITH THE SHEER FORCE OF OUR GENIUS," she exclaimed.

"Ed," said Toby. "I don't think --"

"Well, no, that's true. You don't. The sheer force of my genius, then," she amended.

Toby sighed, and allowed his compatriot to gnaw on the scenery for a while while he looked for someone who knew what they were doing. He spotted a Ridgeback in teal Lightning livery, who pointed him to a storeroom, and somehow managed to nudge Ed along while she muttered things like "...rue the day they ever crossed me!" and "Someday I shall feast upon their livers!" (He made a mental note to find a refreshment stand that served meat as soon as possible; a hungry Mirror was a bitey Mirror.)

Once they made their way to Storage 1, though, Ed perked right up; though she'd been hatched in Plague she'd spent most of her childhood in the Shifting Expanse, and picking through the machinery must feel homey to her, he supposed. "What a marvelous engine," she said, running her claws delicately over the heavy gasoline-powered engine in the center. "A pity we don't need so much power. Next year, perhaps?"

"What about this little battery pack?" Toby asked, doing his own rummaging. "Or, or, what about this?" he said, fishing out a device with three tubes.

"Hmm. That's probably our best bet," she said, inspecting the copper coils inside its tubes. "There's more than enough electricity to give us the power we need. Wait, wait, what's this?" she asked, toeing something sticking out of the pile of junk.

Toby pounced on it before it sank back into the heap, and fished it out. It looked like a hamster wheel.

They exchanged a look. "Nah," said Toby.

"I do wonder where the hamster got to, though," said Ed. "They're very good fried! Or raw."

Toby made a face, and took C. the three tubes with copper coiled inside. "If you eat my liver, we'll both be disqualified from the competition," he reminded her. "It's in the bylaws somewhere."

"Is it?" she asked, sounding genuinely surprised. "That seems needlessly restrictive."

He shrugged. "Don't blame me, I don't make the rules."
xmas%20in%20july%20badge.gifcryotherapy%20badge.gif
An automated voice comes on the loudspeaker,

"30 Minute Warning! The doors will lock and the lights will shut off in 30 minutes! Gather your belongings and exit the building. The door will lock and will not let anyone in or out."

(30 minutes left to submit your answers and RP for Day 2)
An automated voice comes on the loudspeaker,

"30 Minute Warning! The doors will lock and the lights will shut off in 30 minutes! Gather your belongings and exit the building. The door will lock and will not let anyone in or out."

(30 minutes left to submit your answers and RP for Day 2)
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13163624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/131637/13163624_350.png[/img] [/url] Agate huffs a sigh. Somewhere, his initially submitted invention was mislaid. It appears that every possible disaster had occurred between when it left his claws, and the Faire table it was supposed to sit upon. So the when and where was probably impossible to figure out, and there was likely no chance of finding it again…wherever it was. He would have to create something new. He had been having some regrets about what he had submitted; he had chalked it up to nerves, that always happened. But Agate could do away with all of those niggling fears now. This was a chance to start over. Agate begins rifling through the boxes in Storage 1. Once a suitable engine is found, then the rebuilding can begin! Considering the number of boxes lying about, pushed into corners and haphazardly stacked on top of each other, not to mention the other odds and ends scattered all over the floor--a good search should turn something up… After about 20 minutes of searching, Storage 1 is a [i]bit[/i] more disorganized than it was before (if that’s even possible), and Agate has new smudges of oil and grease, and a light coating of dust. In a small pile in front of him are the most promising options: a little battery powered case, a large car engine, three tubes with copper coils, and a hamster wheel. Agate eyes them all critically. Any of these would work…but he is working with a time limit. Agate sets the hamster wheel aside. He would have to catch something small enough to power the wheel, as well as motivate the creature to run. A more reliable, and accessible source of energy would be better to work with in this situation. Agate handles the small battery pack, and considers it momentarily, but then also sets it aside for the same reason. It would be suitable, but with a long list of so many other things to locate for his invention, batteries are just one more thing to have to find. He eyes the five cylinder car engine, but shakes his head and shoves it back over in a corner. It is a bit too bulky for his needs. Something less cumbersome would be better. Left with one option, Agate picks up [b]C) the three tubes with copper coiled inside[/b]. It uses electricity to run, and there is an element of that that just calls to him. He is from Lightning Flight after all… Agate grins. Now that he’s found something, the inventing can begin! (Missed the first day, but getting in on the rest! Thanks for running this!)

13163624_350.png

Agate huffs a sigh. Somewhere, his initially submitted invention was mislaid. It appears that every possible disaster had occurred between when it left his claws, and the Faire table it was supposed to sit upon. So the when and where was probably impossible to figure out, and there was likely no chance of finding it again…wherever it was.

He would have to create something new. He had been having some regrets about what he had submitted; he had chalked it up to nerves, that always happened. But Agate could do away with all of those niggling fears now. This was a chance to start over.

Agate begins rifling through the boxes in Storage 1. Once a suitable engine is found, then the rebuilding can begin! Considering the number of boxes lying about, pushed into corners and haphazardly stacked on top of each other, not to mention the other odds and ends scattered all over the floor--a good search should turn something up…

After about 20 minutes of searching, Storage 1 is a bit more disorganized than it was before (if that’s even possible), and Agate has new smudges of oil and grease, and a light coating of dust.

In a small pile in front of him are the most promising options: a little battery powered case, a large car engine, three tubes with copper coils, and a hamster wheel. Agate eyes them all critically.

Any of these would work…but he is working with a time limit.

Agate sets the hamster wheel aside. He would have to catch something small enough to power the wheel, as well as motivate the creature to run. A more reliable, and accessible source of energy would be better to work with in this situation.
Agate handles the small battery pack, and considers it momentarily, but then also sets it aside for the same reason. It would be suitable, but with a long list of so many other things to locate for his invention, batteries are just one more thing to have to find.

He eyes the five cylinder car engine, but shakes his head and shoves it back over in a corner. It is a bit too bulky for his needs. Something less cumbersome would be better.
Left with one option, Agate picks up C) the three tubes with copper coiled inside. It uses electricity to run, and there is an element of that that just calls to him. He is from Lightning Flight after all…

Agate grins. Now that he’s found something, the inventing can begin!

(Missed the first day, but getting in on the rest! Thanks for running this!)
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 53 54