Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 53 54
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1759043] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/17591/1759043.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1908947] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/19090/1908947.png[/img] [/url] Antissa and Kiniro examined the inventions. "Hmm... we'll need something small if we want it to be portable..." Antissa mumbled as she dug through another box. "How about this one?" Kiniro was holding a tiny battery-powered engine. "Perfect! Let's go take this somewhere quiet and get working." [b](A) You find a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects. It’s fairly light and small in your paw.[/b]

1759043.png

1908947.png

Antissa and Kiniro examined the inventions. "Hmm... we'll need something small if we want it to be portable..." Antissa mumbled as she dug through another box.

"How about this one?" Kiniro was holding a tiny battery-powered engine.

"Perfect! Let's go take this somewhere quiet and get working."

(A) You find a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects. It’s fairly light and small in your paw.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6929589] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69296/6929589_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]A) You find a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects. It’s fairly light and small in your paw.[/b] Thistledown weighed the case in his hands. Perfect. Well, not exactly perfect. It would need some sort of power source though, and he didn't have the help of Lightning elemental magic to assist in that area. While he figured out how to power the device though, he could gather the rest of what he needed. He flitted around the storage area, staying low to the ground where springs and bolts clustered around corners and beneath tables. He gathered splinters of wood and coils, bits of glass, and anything else he could find until he couldn't hold anymore. He carried his load of treasures over to a corner, using all of his claws as well as his tail to keep them from falling. Once his supplies were placed, he looked thoughtfully at the pile for a moment, then darted back under the tables in case there was something he had missed.

6929589_350.png

A) You find a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects. It’s fairly light and small in your paw.

Thistledown weighed the case in his hands. Perfect. Well, not exactly perfect. It would need some sort of power source though, and he didn't have the help of Lightning elemental magic to assist in that area. While he figured out how to power the device though, he could gather the rest of what he needed.

He flitted around the storage area, staying low to the ground where springs and bolts clustered around corners and beneath tables. He gathered splinters of wood and coils, bits of glass, and anything else he could find until he couldn't hold anymore. He carried his load of treasures over to a corner, using all of his claws as well as his tail to keep them from falling.

Once his supplies were placed, he looked thoughtfully at the pile for a moment, then darted back under the tables in case there was something he had missed.
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
[b]DAY TWO[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3789462] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/37895/3789462_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Late to the party again. Dominion knew that Vriesea would have his antlers for missing out on the first day, but it couldn't be helped! There were so many plants to tend and he only had two front claws. Then again, it sounded like the other dragons had run into mishaps and misfortunes of their own. If he sneaked into the crowd of despairing inventors and pretended like he belonged there nobody would be the wiser. It'd be easy to follow everyone to the storage rooms. Engines seemed to be the order of the day. Carrying a chunk of car around wouldn't be a problem for a dragon his size, but it was still a terrible idea. He'd have to find a bunch of [i]other[/i] parts that were just as big and keep them together, and with all these dragons around that would be more trouble than it was worth. [b]Copper tubes (c)[/b] were much smaller, and there'd be no shortage of electricity in the Lightning lands. That had to make them the best choice. He snatched them up before anyone else could try to take them and withdrew to a small corner to puzzle over potential plans.
DAY TWO

Late to the party again. Dominion knew that Vriesea would have his antlers for missing out on the first day, but it couldn't be helped! There were so many plants to tend and he only had two front claws.

Then again, it sounded like the other dragons had run into mishaps and misfortunes of their own. If he sneaked into the crowd of despairing inventors and pretended like he belonged there nobody would be the wiser. It'd be easy to follow everyone to the storage rooms.

Engines seemed to be the order of the day. Carrying a chunk of car around wouldn't be a problem for a dragon his size, but it was still a terrible idea. He'd have to find a bunch of other parts that were just as big and keep them together, and with all these dragons around that would be more trouble than it was worth.

Copper tubes (c) were much smaller, and there'd be no shortage of electricity in the Lightning lands. That had to make them the best choice.

He snatched them up before anyone else could try to take them and withdrew to a small corner to puzzle over potential plans.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][b]Day 2[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13777649] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/137777/13777649_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] [i]Alright, an engine. The most important part of my invention, because without an engine, it cannot possibly work. Unless lightning would strike at the exact spot of my invention... That is unlikely though. Well, let's see what I can find.[/i] Fion looked around for a while, a bit overwhelmed by the large amount of leftover inventions in the room. She looked at the large five cylinder car engine for a moment, before dismissing it. That would be way too have for her to handle properly. No, something light and simple was needed. [i]A hamster wheel! Wait, what? No. What would I do with a hamster wheel without a hamster..? That would be stupid.[/i] Setting the idea aside, Fion looked on for a little while longer and eventually found [b]A) a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects.[/b] It may not generate much energy, but it would be enough for her invention. Besides, getting batteries to fit in there wouldn't be a problem, right? [i]Right.
Day 2

13777649_350.png

Alright, an engine. The most important part of my invention, because without an engine, it cannot possibly work. Unless lightning would strike at the exact spot of my invention... That is unlikely though. Well, let's see what I can find.

Fion looked around for a while, a bit overwhelmed by the large amount of leftover inventions in the room. She looked at the large five cylinder car engine for a moment, before dismissing it. That would be way too have for her to handle properly. No, something light and simple was needed.

A hamster wheel! Wait, what? No. What would I do with a hamster wheel without a hamster..? That would be stupid.

Setting the idea aside, Fion looked on for a little while longer and eventually found A) a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects. It may not generate much energy, but it would be enough for her invention. Besides, getting batteries to fit in there wouldn't be a problem, right?

Right.
At least I'm not the only unlucky one. This means I still have a chance. Who would've thought? Randall found himself in the storage room in practically no time. He looked around at the other dragons, thinking they had probably gone through the same feeling of horror when they found their inventions missing. And it's just for dragons to have good fun after all! He decided that from now on he wouldn't let anything get him down.
He tipped open a few boxes. There weren't any engines exactly like his own, but there seemed to be other interesting stuff. Some were quite large. Must have powered some pretty impressive inventions. Well, mine won't be as great... But it's not like I was going to win anyway. So I'll just pick something smaller. He grabbed C) three tubes with copper coiled inside. Perfect. Now, I wonder if someone's left some goggles here.
At least I'm not the only unlucky one. This means I still have a chance. Who would've thought? Randall found himself in the storage room in practically no time. He looked around at the other dragons, thinking they had probably gone through the same feeling of horror when they found their inventions missing. And it's just for dragons to have good fun after all! He decided that from now on he wouldn't let anything get him down.
He tipped open a few boxes. There weren't any engines exactly like his own, but there seemed to be other interesting stuff. Some were quite large. Must have powered some pretty impressive inventions. Well, mine won't be as great... But it's not like I was going to win anyway. So I'll just pick something smaller. He grabbed C) three tubes with copper coiled inside. Perfect. Now, I wonder if someone's left some goggles here.
485.png r5CjlMV.gif 188039.png200481.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=73458] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/735/73458_350.png[/img] [/url] An engine, was it? Yes, that was important. She needed one of those. Considering how this would be little more that a proof of concept, or prototype, she thought that she should start with something small. It didn't need to go fast. It didn't need to crash into someone else's invention and explode. Arcanist knows she had to deal with enough of those back home... Not that a good explosion wasn't fun from time to time. Under the right circumstances, of course. But she was going off track here. She brushed aside the small case. And... oh, what was this? A large, heavy engine? The thought was tempting. But it was too big. And too heavy. What if she dismantled it and built a new one? No... that would take too much time. Besides, don't those engines use some sort of combustible liquid or something? She had none of that. But that power.... surely no one would mind if she took it home. Her invention would transport it, of course! That [i]was[/i] what she was building it for. Now, this could work. It looked like it ran on electricity? She had plenty of that. [b]C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.[/b]

73458_350.png

An engine, was it? Yes, that was important. She needed one of those.

Considering how this would be little more that a proof of concept, or prototype, she thought that she should start with something small. It didn't need to go fast. It didn't need to crash into someone else's invention and explode. Arcanist knows she had to deal with enough of those back home...

Not that a good explosion wasn't fun from time to time. Under the right circumstances, of course.

But she was going off track here. She brushed aside the small case. And... oh, what was this? A large, heavy engine? The thought was tempting. But it was too big. And too heavy.

What if she dismantled it and built a new one? No... that would take too much time. Besides, don't those engines use some sort of combustible liquid or something? She had none of that.

But that power.... surely no one would mind if she took it home. Her invention would transport it, of course! That was what she was building it for.

Now, this could work. It looked like it ran on electricity? She had plenty of that.

C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.
6pUNHAC.gif
@moomargh
absolutely! and if you decide to RP you are still eligible for the best RP as long as you participate the rest of the days ^^
@moomargh
absolutely! and if you decide to RP you are still eligible for the best RP as long as you participate the rest of the days ^^
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
@TheBestiary
oops, my bad ^^ Thanks for telling me!
@TheBestiary
oops, my bad ^^ Thanks for telling me!
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8713319] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/87134/8713319_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.[/b]

8713319_350.png

C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5443143] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/54432/5443143_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Although he had arrived that morning still grumpy about his thorough dousing in last night's rain, Stark rolled his eyes as he listened to Quetz's message. "Ugh, excuses," he scoffed to his Golem as the two of them headed to the storage facility. "Natural disasters and Beastclan attacks [i]are[/i] regular occurrences, sir," Jarvis reminded him in a reproachful tone. He paused, eyes sparking as he recalled some data. "May I remind you of the probability simulation you requested that I run before we left? I calculated an 84% chance of an encounter with aggressive Beastclans during our journey, a 90% chance of unfavourable flying conditions due to lightning --" "OK, OK, I get it," Stark replied, flicking his tail in Jarvis's direction and forcing the Golem to swerve through the air to avoid a hit. "It's not the Coatl's fault. Fine." He remained in a sour mood until they reached a room labelled Storage 1, but once he stepped inside the array of machinery and parts displayed in front of him was enough to distract him from his irritation. As he rooted through the junk and peered beneath tarpaulins, the prospect of building something new cleared his head and soon enough a familiar thrum of excitement was building between his ears. He found an interesting shape hidden beneath a sheet, and without a moment's hesitation whipped it off. His jaw dropped open: it was glorious. A five cylinder car engine! It looked to be in fantastic condition - and would provide ample power for anything he cared to come up with. "Awesome," Stark muttered to himself. Then he raised his voice to call out to his Golen: "Hey, Jarvis! Come look at what I found!" The Golem flitted over to look at Stark's discovery. He was silent for a moment, quietly scanning the engine. "Very good, sir. However, I have also found -" "It's [i]perfect[/i]," Stark purred, running his dextrous paws over the oily surface of the engine and feeling the metal. "Really, sir?" Jarvis asked, incredulity seeping into his tone. "It's rather ... unwieldy. I think it might be a better idea to -" "Jarvis, who's in charge?" Stark asked in a rather obnoxious tone. The Golem's jaw-joints let out a hiss of escaping steam that might well have been a sigh. "You, sir." "That's right. Me," Stark said, and tried to pick up the engine to carry it to his workspace. It didn't go so well. He heaved and pulled and hauled on the engine, but it would not move, no matter how he tried to lift it. Eventually, Jarvis gave a quiet cough that sounded like two gears grinding together. "Perhaps, sir, you might consider this?" He glided across to another heap of scrap, where he had unearthed a set of tubed with copper coiled inside. Stark wandered over to look at them, picking one up to take a closer look. They looked ... OK. Not as exciting [i]an engine[/i], but they would probably due the job. "[i]Fine[/i]," Stark sighed, and scooped up the tubes in one arm. "I just hope they're powerful enough." "A very good choice, sir," Jarvis replied, and started fluttering towards the door. Stark followed him out, but not without a final lingering and covetous stare at the five cylinder engine on his way out. "Probably wouldn't be able to find any fuel, anyway." At least there was plenty of electricity tap into here in the Shifting Expanse, and if all else failed he could shock it himself ... [b]C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.[/b]

Although he had arrived that morning still grumpy about his thorough dousing in last night's rain, Stark rolled his eyes as he listened to Quetz's message.

"Ugh, excuses," he scoffed to his Golem as the two of them headed to the storage facility.

"Natural disasters and Beastclan attacks are regular occurrences, sir," Jarvis reminded him in a reproachful tone. He paused, eyes sparking as he recalled some data. "May I remind you of the probability simulation you requested that I run before we left? I calculated an 84% chance of an encounter with aggressive Beastclans during our journey, a 90% chance of unfavourable flying conditions due to lightning --"

"OK, OK, I get it," Stark replied, flicking his tail in Jarvis's direction and forcing the Golem to swerve through the air to avoid a hit. "It's not the Coatl's fault. Fine."

He remained in a sour mood until they reached a room labelled Storage 1, but once he stepped inside the array of machinery and parts displayed in front of him was enough to distract him from his irritation. As he rooted through the junk and peered beneath tarpaulins, the prospect of building something new cleared his head and soon enough a familiar thrum of excitement was building between his ears.

He found an interesting shape hidden beneath a sheet, and without a moment's hesitation whipped it off. His jaw dropped open: it was glorious. A five cylinder car engine! It looked to be in fantastic condition - and would provide ample power for anything he cared to come up with.

"Awesome," Stark muttered to himself. Then he raised his voice to call out to his Golen: "Hey, Jarvis! Come look at what I found!"

The Golem flitted over to look at Stark's discovery. He was silent for a moment, quietly scanning the engine. "Very good, sir. However, I have also found -"

"It's perfect," Stark purred, running his dextrous paws over the oily surface of the engine and feeling the metal.

"Really, sir?" Jarvis asked, incredulity seeping into his tone. "It's rather ... unwieldy. I think it might be a better idea to -"

"Jarvis, who's in charge?" Stark asked in a rather obnoxious tone.

The Golem's jaw-joints let out a hiss of escaping steam that might well have been a sigh. "You, sir."

"That's right. Me," Stark said, and tried to pick up the engine to carry it to his workspace.

It didn't go so well. He heaved and pulled and hauled on the engine, but it would not move, no matter how he tried to lift it.

Eventually, Jarvis gave a quiet cough that sounded like two gears grinding together. "Perhaps, sir, you might consider this?"

He glided across to another heap of scrap, where he had unearthed a set of tubed with copper coiled inside. Stark wandered over to look at them, picking one up to take a closer look. They looked ... OK. Not as exciting an engine, but they would probably due the job.

"Fine," Stark sighed, and scooped up the tubes in one arm. "I just hope they're powerful enough."

"A very good choice, sir," Jarvis replied, and started fluttering towards the door.

Stark followed him out, but not without a final lingering and covetous stare at the five cylinder engine on his way out. "Probably wouldn't be able to find any fuel, anyway."

At least there was plenty of electricity tap into here in the Shifting Expanse, and if all else failed he could shock it himself ...

A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 53 54