Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | This Is War [1x1 w/ BAM]
1 2 3 4 5 6
@BAM

Taiyang glanced over at the mayhem with disdain. "I wouldn't say long. I know that most of the dragons around here have no tolerance for this sort of thing."

She took another sip. "I, for one, certainly don't." If she caught any of her soldiers behaving this way, on duty or off, they'd be out of their positions before the sun went down.

"Some hold their liquor better than others."
@BAM

Taiyang glanced over at the mayhem with disdain. "I wouldn't say long. I know that most of the dragons around here have no tolerance for this sort of thing."

She took another sip. "I, for one, certainly don't." If she caught any of her soldiers behaving this way, on duty or off, they'd be out of their positions before the sun went down.

"Some hold their liquor better than others."
@MidnightRaven

"That is certainly true." Tibi chuckled. "Why, if they weren't surrounded by other tribes, I'm sure that the North Winds dragons would kill any drunk that belonged to their tribe in an instant! The Night Whispers dragon would probably reprimand their members for getting drunk. The Rustling Leaves dragons would probably ask the gods to forgive them. And while we're mentioning other tribes, what do you think a drunk Swimming Waves dragon would look like going about in the water?"

Tibi suddenly gave a small frown. "Winter will be hard for the Swimming Waves," he said, his voice solemn. "Not that I should worry about how the other tribes will fare... But there are times where I do wonder... Ah, it must be the liquor getting to me head! I should stop drinking before I become like Ruttle over there."
@MidnightRaven

"That is certainly true." Tibi chuckled. "Why, if they weren't surrounded by other tribes, I'm sure that the North Winds dragons would kill any drunk that belonged to their tribe in an instant! The Night Whispers dragon would probably reprimand their members for getting drunk. The Rustling Leaves dragons would probably ask the gods to forgive them. And while we're mentioning other tribes, what do you think a drunk Swimming Waves dragon would look like going about in the water?"

Tibi suddenly gave a small frown. "Winter will be hard for the Swimming Waves," he said, his voice solemn. "Not that I should worry about how the other tribes will fare... But there are times where I do wonder... Ah, it must be the liquor getting to me head! I should stop drinking before I become like Ruttle over there."
@BAM

Taiyang laughed. That was quite the mental image, there- a tipsy water dragon trying to make their way through the water, running into things and pulling strange maneuvers left and right.

"It's not a bad thing to think of the other tribes. Trust me, I do it every day, being a patrol leader and all. We just have to make sure we keep off their borders." The other tribes did not take kindly to intruders, even for friendly gestures like providing extra prey. Years of experience had taught the five the hard way.

She frowned a little before shrugging. "It's a party. We shouldn't be worrying too much about this now."
@BAM

Taiyang laughed. That was quite the mental image, there- a tipsy water dragon trying to make their way through the water, running into things and pulling strange maneuvers left and right.

"It's not a bad thing to think of the other tribes. Trust me, I do it every day, being a patrol leader and all. We just have to make sure we keep off their borders." The other tribes did not take kindly to intruders, even for friendly gestures like providing extra prey. Years of experience had taught the five the hard way.

She frowned a little before shrugging. "It's a party. We shouldn't be worrying too much about this now."
@MidnightRaven

Tibi nodded. "Well, even if something happens to the other tribes - let us cheer to the prosperity of the Blessed Fire!"
~~~

The hours dragged by for the dragons of The North Winds and the Night Whisper tribe, as they continued to keep watch through the quiet night.

There was a loud sneeze. Coal snapped his head to the direction of the noise. His eyes narrowed into slits when they landed on Cyrin, who shuddered and mumbled an awkward apology. Coal repressed the urge to scoff. How he got assigned to patrol duty was beyond his understanding, but at the moment, he couldn't outwardly express his concern for Aisu's judgement.
@MidnightRaven

Tibi nodded. "Well, even if something happens to the other tribes - let us cheer to the prosperity of the Blessed Fire!"
~~~

The hours dragged by for the dragons of The North Winds and the Night Whisper tribe, as they continued to keep watch through the quiet night.

There was a loud sneeze. Coal snapped his head to the direction of the noise. His eyes narrowed into slits when they landed on Cyrin, who shuddered and mumbled an awkward apology. Coal repressed the urge to scoff. How he got assigned to patrol duty was beyond his understanding, but at the moment, he couldn't outwardly express his concern for Aisu's judgement.
@BAM

Taiyang raised her glass. "To Blessed Fire!"

-

Kashell was getting bored.

The hours were ticking by with monotony and he was getting sick of just staring at the other side of the border. Kurin seemed to be taking it seriously, but this was Kurin. He took everything seriously.

He poked his brother. "Hey. I'm bored."

"Kashell, buzz off."

"I'm not a bee. Don't tell me to buzz off."

"Unbelievable."

Well, here was an opportunity.

"Don't you mean un-bee-lievable?"

Kurin scowled and slapped his brother with the tip of his tail. "Grow up."
@BAM

Taiyang raised her glass. "To Blessed Fire!"

-

Kashell was getting bored.

The hours were ticking by with monotony and he was getting sick of just staring at the other side of the border. Kurin seemed to be taking it seriously, but this was Kurin. He took everything seriously.

He poked his brother. "Hey. I'm bored."

"Kashell, buzz off."

"I'm not a bee. Don't tell me to buzz off."

"Unbelievable."

Well, here was an opportunity.

"Don't you mean un-bee-lievable?"

Kurin scowled and slapped his brother with the tip of his tail. "Grow up."
@MidnightRaven

Vivecca, Salinda, Cyrin, and some other dragons of both tribes could not but chuckle or laugh at atrocious, wonderful pun. "Good one," Vivecca whispered to Kashell, flashing him a wide grin. Even Salinda gave him a nod of approval.

Coal scowled. He looked over at Aisu; hopefully the patrol leader would stamp out this resurfacing childishness.
@MidnightRaven

Vivecca, Salinda, Cyrin, and some other dragons of both tribes could not but chuckle or laugh at atrocious, wonderful pun. "Good one," Vivecca whispered to Kashell, flashing him a wide grin. Even Salinda gave him a nod of approval.

Coal scowled. He looked over at Aisu; hopefully the patrol leader would stamp out this resurfacing childishness.
@BAM

Kashell grinned back. "Don't encourage him," Kurin said, still scowling at his younger brother. "He gets ideas when you encourage him."

Aisu frowned slightly at her troops' reactions, but it wouldn't be right to discipline them for laughing a little bit. If it got out of hand, she'd act.
@BAM

Kashell grinned back. "Don't encourage him," Kurin said, still scowling at his younger brother. "He gets ideas when you encourage him."

Aisu frowned slightly at her troops' reactions, but it wouldn't be right to discipline them for laughing a little bit. If it got out of hand, she'd act.
@MidnightRaven

Coal sneered at Kashell. "You should be more like your older brother." He would have made more condescending remarks if there weren't other dragons of his tribe around.

Salinda noticed how Cyrin was shrinking back, as though anticipating a blow.
@MidnightRaven

Coal sneered at Kashell. "You should be more like your older brother." He would have made more condescending remarks if there weren't other dragons of his tribe around.

Salinda noticed how Cyrin was shrinking back, as though anticipating a blow.
@BAM

Kashell drew back. "Who are you to tell me how to act? Only my brother can do that, since he's in my tribe and all."

Aisu watched wordlessly. If Coal lashed out at someone, she would have to step in, before the situation escalated. There could be no violence on a festival day.
@BAM

Kashell drew back. "Who are you to tell me how to act? Only my brother can do that, since he's in my tribe and all."

Aisu watched wordlessly. If Coal lashed out at someone, she would have to step in, before the situation escalated. There could be no violence on a festival day.
@MidnightRaven

(( I apologize for the late reply; I was busy and the hotel I was in had terrible wifi ))

Coal growled at the retort. He then turned to face Kurin. "What do you have to say about your brother's behavior?"

"Um, hey," Cyrin chimed in, still cowering, "we really shouldn't be having petty arguments again. This is a day of peace and..."
@MidnightRaven

(( I apologize for the late reply; I was busy and the hotel I was in had terrible wifi ))

Coal growled at the retort. He then turned to face Kurin. "What do you have to say about your brother's behavior?"

"Um, hey," Cyrin chimed in, still cowering, "we really shouldn't be having petty arguments again. This is a day of peace and..."
1 2 3 4 5 6