Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | This Is War [1x1 w/ BAM]
1 2 3 4 5 6
@BAM

Aisu stepped up. "I second that notion. No more fighting. Just sit down and do your jobs, for the sake of all that's good."

Kurin hissed at the dragon who'd patted/hit him on the head. "No touching. Claws off, thank you very much."

Kashell caught his breath and wiped his eyes. "I see the light side of things, but that doesn't make me any less of a dragon," he shot back. "Just someone who doesn't worry about every little insect that scampers across the ground."
@BAM

Aisu stepped up. "I second that notion. No more fighting. Just sit down and do your jobs, for the sake of all that's good."

Kurin hissed at the dragon who'd patted/hit him on the head. "No touching. Claws off, thank you very much."

Kashell caught his breath and wiped his eyes. "I see the light side of things, but that doesn't make me any less of a dragon," he shot back. "Just someone who doesn't worry about every little insect that scampers across the ground."
@MidnightRaven

"You know nothing!" Coal roared. He advanced towards Kashell - the insolent wretch! - and rose his claws above the Night Whisper-er's head. "Why, if you spent a day with us North Wind dragons, you would understand exactly why the majority of us can't take things so lightly, when we are trying to thrive - "

Salinda broke away from her tribe and stepped between the two dragons. Coal, his green eyes blazing with a great potency, took a deep, shaky breath before he spoke to her: "Salinda, move out of the way. This child deserves reprimandation."

"What this child does not deserve," Salinda said, her voice soft but firm, "is to be beaten." She glanced over at Kashell, and gave him a small, apologetic smile.

Vivecca rose a claw, as though she were a child calling the attention of a teacher. "So, are we gonna keep this up all night, or..."
@MidnightRaven

"You know nothing!" Coal roared. He advanced towards Kashell - the insolent wretch! - and rose his claws above the Night Whisper-er's head. "Why, if you spent a day with us North Wind dragons, you would understand exactly why the majority of us can't take things so lightly, when we are trying to thrive - "

Salinda broke away from her tribe and stepped between the two dragons. Coal, his green eyes blazing with a great potency, took a deep, shaky breath before he spoke to her: "Salinda, move out of the way. This child deserves reprimandation."

"What this child does not deserve," Salinda said, her voice soft but firm, "is to be beaten." She glanced over at Kashell, and gave him a small, apologetic smile.

Vivecca rose a claw, as though she were a child calling the attention of a teacher. "So, are we gonna keep this up all night, or..."
@BAM

Kashell shrank back, hiding behind Kurin. The older of the two spread his wings protectively, hiding his younger brother behind his wings and growling a warning.

Aisu shot a glare at Coal. "Stand down. This is not acceptable. I will not tolerate you attempting to hurt someone on Shi's Day."

Behind Kurin, Kashell whimpered. "Come on, I was just joking around. Please get it together, before you set something off."
@BAM

Kashell shrank back, hiding behind Kurin. The older of the two spread his wings protectively, hiding his younger brother behind his wings and growling a warning.

Aisu shot a glare at Coal. "Stand down. This is not acceptable. I will not tolerate you attempting to hurt someone on Shi's Day."

Behind Kurin, Kashell whimpered. "Come on, I was just joking around. Please get it together, before you set something off."
Vivecca added, "Figuratively and quite possibly literally." Some dragons of both sides, including Cyrin, nodded and murmured in agreement. Salinda, who was still facing Coal, narrowed her eyes.

Coal scoffed, and again, returned to his position. Salinda returned to hers as well. Not another word was uttered nor another wisecrack hurled - even Vivecca realized that it was best to keep her mouth shut. They were on border patrol.
~~~

"Saaaaaay... Saaaaaaaaay... Why did the - why did the - the - the so-and-so cross the road, eh? EH?"

Flutter heaved a heavy sigh. Ruttle was quite drunk. No, they realized, that was an understatement - Ruttle was completely, utterly, without-a-doubt intoxicated. My brother epitomizes the Blessed Fire tribe rather wonderfully," Flutter thought, rolling their eyes.
Vivecca added, "Figuratively and quite possibly literally." Some dragons of both sides, including Cyrin, nodded and murmured in agreement. Salinda, who was still facing Coal, narrowed her eyes.

Coal scoffed, and again, returned to his position. Salinda returned to hers as well. Not another word was uttered nor another wisecrack hurled - even Vivecca realized that it was best to keep her mouth shut. They were on border patrol.
~~~

"Saaaaaay... Saaaaaaaaay... Why did the - why did the - the - the so-and-so cross the road, eh? EH?"

Flutter heaved a heavy sigh. Ruttle was quite drunk. No, they realized, that was an understatement - Ruttle was completely, utterly, without-a-doubt intoxicated. My brother epitomizes the Blessed Fire tribe rather wonderfully," Flutter thought, rolling their eyes.
@BAM ((switching POV over to Taiyang for a little bit))

Taiyang was a border guard. The Chieftain's Gala was a waste of her time, but since she was 'a rallying point for the soldiers of the tribe' (a rumor which she'd happily dispute), she had been required to make an appearance in this sweltering heat just to up morale.

It didn't help that nearly half the dragons here were so drunk that it should be illegal. Multiple attempts to flirt with her later, she wanted her other job back.

Perhaps having a drink herself wouldn't hurt though. A little shot never failed to cheer her up.
@BAM ((switching POV over to Taiyang for a little bit))

Taiyang was a border guard. The Chieftain's Gala was a waste of her time, but since she was 'a rallying point for the soldiers of the tribe' (a rumor which she'd happily dispute), she had been required to make an appearance in this sweltering heat just to up morale.

It didn't help that nearly half the dragons here were so drunk that it should be illegal. Multiple attempts to flirt with her later, she wanted her other job back.

Perhaps having a drink herself wouldn't hurt though. A little shot never failed to cheer her up.
@MidnightRaven

Fortunately for Taiyang, Ruttle's attractions solely rested on male dragons. However, while he would not hit on her - well, he was incredibly drunk.

Ruttle began to stumble over to Taiyang in heavy, clumsy steps. "Pardon me!" he slurred. "Pardon me!" Flutter followed behind him, murmuring quick apologies to any dragon who had the misfortune of having their foot stepped on, or of being bumped into, or a combination of both.

Tibi watched from a distance, chuckling softly. This was quite entertaining to watch, he thought, taking a small sip of liquor.
@MidnightRaven

Fortunately for Taiyang, Ruttle's attractions solely rested on male dragons. However, while he would not hit on her - well, he was incredibly drunk.

Ruttle began to stumble over to Taiyang in heavy, clumsy steps. "Pardon me!" he slurred. "Pardon me!" Flutter followed behind him, murmuring quick apologies to any dragon who had the misfortune of having their foot stepped on, or of being bumped into, or a combination of both.

Tibi watched from a distance, chuckling softly. This was quite entertaining to watch, he thought, taking a small sip of liquor.
@BAM

Taiyang scowled. This dragon- whoever they were- needed to be removed from the party, before they lost their dinner.

"Perhaps you could be your friend's self-control," she called after them. "For their own good."

She returned her attention to her own drink order. She didn't plan to have too much though.
@BAM

Taiyang scowled. This dragon- whoever they were- needed to be removed from the party, before they lost their dinner.

"Perhaps you could be your friend's self-control," she called after them. "For their own good."

She returned her attention to her own drink order. She didn't plan to have too much though.
@MidnightRaven

Tibi approached Taiyang. "Don't worry," he said, giving her a light pat on the shoulder. "The night will be over soon. But try to have some fun while it lasts. Well, maybe not the kinda fun runts like Ruttle are havin'..." He indicated to the named dragon, who was now being physically restrained by Flutter.

"But," Tibi continued, "try to enjoy the clowns - " again, he indicated to Ruttle, who was yelling something about berries and meat and finding true love - "or the decorations, or something, or the fact that none'a the tribes here have killed each other yet!"
@MidnightRaven

Tibi approached Taiyang. "Don't worry," he said, giving her a light pat on the shoulder. "The night will be over soon. But try to have some fun while it lasts. Well, maybe not the kinda fun runts like Ruttle are havin'..." He indicated to the named dragon, who was now being physically restrained by Flutter.

"But," Tibi continued, "try to enjoy the clowns - " again, he indicated to Ruttle, who was yelling something about berries and meat and finding true love - "or the decorations, or something, or the fact that none'a the tribes here have killed each other yet!"
@BAM

Taiyang shrugged. "You've got a point." She listened to the intoxicated dragon go on- sometimes the drunk made so little sense it was hard not to laugh.

"It's a good thing that the tribes are quiet right now. With winter approaching for most of them, I'm not sure that they'd have the resources to go at another tribe's throat. Especially the northern tribes."

Winter wasn't a problem for their own tribe- it merely meant the wet season, which meant relief from the heat.
@BAM

Taiyang shrugged. "You've got a point." She listened to the intoxicated dragon go on- sometimes the drunk made so little sense it was hard not to laugh.

"It's a good thing that the tribes are quiet right now. With winter approaching for most of them, I'm not sure that they'd have the resources to go at another tribe's throat. Especially the northern tribes."

Winter wasn't a problem for their own tribe- it merely meant the wet season, which meant relief from the heat.
@MidnightRaven

Tibi nodded in agreement. "Well, knock on wood for just in case. But hopefully, if there is conflict between the tribes, the Blessed Fire will not be dragged into it."

"Could someone please help me restrain him!?" Flutter cried. Ruttle was squirming underneath his brother, desperately trying to claw his way out, yelling something about lost love and "orange redemption" - some sort of strange existential nonsense.

Tibi calmly took another sip of his liquor and chuckled. "Wanna bet how long it'll take until they finally kick the poor fellow out?"
@MidnightRaven

Tibi nodded in agreement. "Well, knock on wood for just in case. But hopefully, if there is conflict between the tribes, the Blessed Fire will not be dragged into it."

"Could someone please help me restrain him!?" Flutter cried. Ruttle was squirming underneath his brother, desperately trying to claw his way out, yelling something about lost love and "orange redemption" - some sort of strange existential nonsense.

Tibi calmly took another sip of his liquor and chuckled. "Wanna bet how long it'll take until they finally kick the poor fellow out?"
1 2 3 4 5 6