Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | This Is War [1x1 w/ BAM]
1 2 3 4 5 6
@BAM

Kurin was unlucky enough to get stuck on border duty during Shi's Day. The sheer number of pilgrims trying to use their protections to get through to North Winds was overwhelming, and he and his brother were both becoming exhausted.

"Rough day, isn't it?" Kashell called, adjusting his helmet so that it would stop falling in his eyes. "With it being Shi's Day and all."

Kurin nodded in reply. "I swear, if I have to deal with one more cranky pilgrim, there's gonna be a problem."

"Stop getting so worked up about it, big brother," Kashell said with a laugh. "Don't get your mane in a twist."

"Well, you're the one standing back while I deal with them," Kurin shot back.

"Hey, there's someone coming over on the other side. Looks like the next patrol."

"Whoop-de-do. More North Winds dragons complaining."

A figure in silver armor was at the head. Kurin could tell because the reflection of the sun was blinding him. As they came to a landing, they called out in greeting.

"Hello there, Night Whispers," she said. "Name's Aisu, and I'd best introduce myself as the patrol leader, since I'm stuck with you for the next couple of hours."

((hope this is enough for a starter!))
@BAM

Kurin was unlucky enough to get stuck on border duty during Shi's Day. The sheer number of pilgrims trying to use their protections to get through to North Winds was overwhelming, and he and his brother were both becoming exhausted.

"Rough day, isn't it?" Kashell called, adjusting his helmet so that it would stop falling in his eyes. "With it being Shi's Day and all."

Kurin nodded in reply. "I swear, if I have to deal with one more cranky pilgrim, there's gonna be a problem."

"Stop getting so worked up about it, big brother," Kashell said with a laugh. "Don't get your mane in a twist."

"Well, you're the one standing back while I deal with them," Kurin shot back.

"Hey, there's someone coming over on the other side. Looks like the next patrol."

"Whoop-de-do. More North Winds dragons complaining."

A figure in silver armor was at the head. Kurin could tell because the reflection of the sun was blinding him. As they came to a landing, they called out in greeting.

"Hello there, Night Whispers," she said. "Name's Aisu, and I'd best introduce myself as the patrol leader, since I'm stuck with you for the next couple of hours."

((hope this is enough for a starter!))
@MidnightRaven

(( It's a fine starter ^__^ ))

Vivecca scraped a claw against the ground (partly out of habit, partly out of boredom), chuckling as she listened to Kurin and Kashell's bantering. At least they provided some form of entertainment.

Shi's Day was a festive holiday that honored Shi, the deity of death and the ruler of the sprit world. Her siblings, Wynten and Yaarit, would be celebrating, while - alas! - she had the misfortune of being on border duty. Such was the life of this Night Whisper dragon soldier.

After Aisu introduced herself, Vivecca bowed her head, then asked with a snicker, "Can ya tell good jokes to pass the time?"

Behind Aisu was Coal, whose eyes were narrowing - not at anyone in particular; he was deep in thought.

Mother and sister will be here...

The traitors.
@MidnightRaven

(( It's a fine starter ^__^ ))

Vivecca scraped a claw against the ground (partly out of habit, partly out of boredom), chuckling as she listened to Kurin and Kashell's bantering. At least they provided some form of entertainment.

Shi's Day was a festive holiday that honored Shi, the deity of death and the ruler of the sprit world. Her siblings, Wynten and Yaarit, would be celebrating, while - alas! - she had the misfortune of being on border duty. Such was the life of this Night Whisper dragon soldier.

After Aisu introduced herself, Vivecca bowed her head, then asked with a snicker, "Can ya tell good jokes to pass the time?"

Behind Aisu was Coal, whose eyes were narrowing - not at anyone in particular; he was deep in thought.

Mother and sister will be here...

The traitors.
@BAM

"Depends," Kashell replied. "If you ask me, maybe I can pull something out of the air."

Kurin frowned at his brother. Normally they weren't supposed to be so friendly towards members of other tribes, and for Kurin, old habits died hard. He always had a hard time being social on festival days, since half the time he almost confronted a border guard out of habit.

"Kashell, come on, get serious," he said. "We've still got a job to do."

"Let him talk," Aisu replied. "Besides, we're all stuck with each other for the next couple of hours. Might as well pass the time, since today's a peace day and all."

"Come on, Kurin," Kashell said, walking over to his brother and nudging him in the shoulder. "Lighten up. It's a festival, we're supposed to have fun."

"Not when we're supposed to be doing our jobs."

"Look at him," Kashell said to the North Winds dragons. "My big brother's too serious for his own good. Let's see if we can cheer him up."
@BAM

"Depends," Kashell replied. "If you ask me, maybe I can pull something out of the air."

Kurin frowned at his brother. Normally they weren't supposed to be so friendly towards members of other tribes, and for Kurin, old habits died hard. He always had a hard time being social on festival days, since half the time he almost confronted a border guard out of habit.

"Kashell, come on, get serious," he said. "We've still got a job to do."

"Let him talk," Aisu replied. "Besides, we're all stuck with each other for the next couple of hours. Might as well pass the time, since today's a peace day and all."

"Come on, Kurin," Kashell said, walking over to his brother and nudging him in the shoulder. "Lighten up. It's a festival, we're supposed to have fun."

"Not when we're supposed to be doing our jobs."

"Look at him," Kashell said to the North Winds dragons. "My big brother's too serious for his own good. Let's see if we can cheer him up."
@MidnightRaven

"Wait wait wait!" Vivecca slapped a large black foot against the ground (as if her rather loud proclamation wasn't already enough to garner attention). "By Tensha, I think I got a good joke!"

"You do not use one our deity's name in vain," Coal growled, his shoulders rising. Vivecca took an involuntary step back, eyes slightly widening. He continued, "And the older brother is right." Coal turned to face his tribe members, looking at each of them individually, his gaze finally resting on Aisu. "We are meant to guard these borders, not converse as though we are old friends. We must take our positions seriously."

Vivecca nudged Kashell and gave her eyes a roll. Thankfully for her, the North Winds dragon was still facing his tribe members, so he did not notice this gesture.
@MidnightRaven

"Wait wait wait!" Vivecca slapped a large black foot against the ground (as if her rather loud proclamation wasn't already enough to garner attention). "By Tensha, I think I got a good joke!"

"You do not use one our deity's name in vain," Coal growled, his shoulders rising. Vivecca took an involuntary step back, eyes slightly widening. He continued, "And the older brother is right." Coal turned to face his tribe members, looking at each of them individually, his gaze finally resting on Aisu. "We are meant to guard these borders, not converse as though we are old friends. We must take our positions seriously."

Vivecca nudged Kashell and gave her eyes a roll. Thankfully for her, the North Winds dragon was still facing his tribe members, so he did not notice this gesture.
@BAM

Kashell snickered. Kurin turned to glare at him. "Something funny?"

Aisu shot a look at Coal. "Calm down," she ordered. "It's peacetime, for once. Let's keep it that way." She looked at Kurin. "But you have a point. Occasional banter is one thing. It is another to swap jokes as if we were from the same tribe."

The North Winds patrol leader examined one of her claws, which was protected by a set of gleaming silver gauntlets. "Besides, if we were to meet again tomorrow, it would be a totally different story."

@BAM

Kashell snickered. Kurin turned to glare at him. "Something funny?"

Aisu shot a look at Coal. "Calm down," she ordered. "It's peacetime, for once. Let's keep it that way." She looked at Kurin. "But you have a point. Occasional banter is one thing. It is another to swap jokes as if we were from the same tribe."

The North Winds patrol leader examined one of her claws, which was protected by a set of gleaming silver gauntlets. "Besides, if we were to meet again tomorrow, it would be a totally different story."

@MidnightRaven

"My apologies, Aisu," Coal said, bowing his head, then resumed his position. He resolved to keep on the good side his patrol leader, as difficult as it would be, and he would not allow his mind wander to the memory of those traitors -

He caught the sound of a quiet scoff emitting from a Night Wing-er.

Coal shot a glare at the dragon, the side of his mouth curving into a deep scowl - it was the same one who suggested that the tribes share jokes, as though they were allies. The dragon returned the glare, mouthing "Peacetime."

Why was it, Vivecca wondered, that none of these dragons (except for Kasheen) had any sense of humor. Really, she thought, life would be much easier if we cared less about territory and more about who can make the best puns.
@MidnightRaven

"My apologies, Aisu," Coal said, bowing his head, then resumed his position. He resolved to keep on the good side his patrol leader, as difficult as it would be, and he would not allow his mind wander to the memory of those traitors -

He caught the sound of a quiet scoff emitting from a Night Wing-er.

Coal shot a glare at the dragon, the side of his mouth curving into a deep scowl - it was the same one who suggested that the tribes share jokes, as though they were allies. The dragon returned the glare, mouthing "Peacetime."

Why was it, Vivecca wondered, that none of these dragons (except for Kasheen) had any sense of humor. Really, she thought, life would be much easier if we cared less about territory and more about who can make the best puns.
@BAM

Aisu stared at Coal until he fully stood down, but she did notice his glaring.

She then turned her gaze to Kashell before resuming her position on the border.

Kashell turned to Kurin. "Frosty reception," he said offhandedly. He was aware that he had unintentionally made a pun- perhaps some of the more lighthearted dragons on the other side of the border would catch it.

Kurin scowled. "Really, Kashell?" he whispered. "Really?"
@BAM

Aisu stared at Coal until he fully stood down, but she did notice his glaring.

She then turned her gaze to Kashell before resuming her position on the border.

Kashell turned to Kurin. "Frosty reception," he said offhandedly. He was aware that he had unintentionally made a pun- perhaps some of the more lighthearted dragons on the other side of the border would catch it.

Kurin scowled. "Really, Kashell?" he whispered. "Really?"
@MidnightRaven

Vivecca, being the fully-fledged dragon that she was, responded to the terrible pun with a mighty guffaw. "Frosty reception!" She slapped her wings together in applause, then proceeded to fall onto her backside, kicking her hindlegs as she laughed hysterically.

On the other side of the border, the soldier Salinda was failing to suppress her giggling. Another North Winds tribe member or two also couldn't help but chuckle and shake their heads in amusement.

Coal whispered to Aisu, "How should we stop this display of immaturity?"
@MidnightRaven

Vivecca, being the fully-fledged dragon that she was, responded to the terrible pun with a mighty guffaw. "Frosty reception!" She slapped her wings together in applause, then proceeded to fall onto her backside, kicking her hindlegs as she laughed hysterically.

On the other side of the border, the soldier Salinda was failing to suppress her giggling. Another North Winds tribe member or two also couldn't help but chuckle and shake their heads in amusement.

Coal whispered to Aisu, "How should we stop this display of immaturity?"
@BAM

"Unfortunately, no," Aisu replied, with irritation creeping into her voice. She was supposed to be leading a sophisticated troop, not a troop of children just out of the nest. Perhaps the festival was making everyone a little too giddy to do their jobs.

Kurin glared at his brother, who was now roaring with laughter. "Gods above, Kashell, get it together. You're embarrassing me."

Kashell kept laughing before shouting, "Come on, brother! No need to be so cold!"
@BAM

"Unfortunately, no," Aisu replied, with irritation creeping into her voice. She was supposed to be leading a sophisticated troop, not a troop of children just out of the nest. Perhaps the festival was making everyone a little too giddy to do their jobs.

Kurin glared at his brother, who was now roaring with laughter. "Gods above, Kashell, get it together. You're embarrassing me."

Kashell kept laughing before shouting, "Come on, brother! No need to be so cold!"
@MidnightRaven

"Yeah!" Vivecca patted Kurin's head (in an unintentionally rough manner). "This is Shi's Day, for crying out-loud! Why do we need to be so serious? Sure, we'll probably be clawing at each other the next day, but why not enjoy ourselves on this occasion and pretend to be buddies, huh?"

"We are on patrol duty," Coal growled.

Some dragons of both tribes began to snicker. Vivecca began to pipe up, "He said duty - "

"Quiet!" The dragons were silenced by the heavy, thundering slap of Coal's tail cracking against the earth. "Do none of you realize the immature and incompetent behaviors and mindsets you all are displaying? You should be ashamed to even refer to yourselves as dragons!"

Vivecca snapped, "You're just letting out your anger on us 'cause you aren't in a big, important position, and 'cause Skippy and Fiona are with us, and not with you and your father!"

"Stop!" Cyrin, a North Winds dragon, began to take a step forward. He then decided that it was better not to be in the middle of the tribes, and so remained where he was. He did continue to speak: "We shouldn't succumb to petty arguing. We should just preform our roles..." Cyrin, having said more than he usually did, shrunk back, his eyes on his claws.
@MidnightRaven

"Yeah!" Vivecca patted Kurin's head (in an unintentionally rough manner). "This is Shi's Day, for crying out-loud! Why do we need to be so serious? Sure, we'll probably be clawing at each other the next day, but why not enjoy ourselves on this occasion and pretend to be buddies, huh?"

"We are on patrol duty," Coal growled.

Some dragons of both tribes began to snicker. Vivecca began to pipe up, "He said duty - "

"Quiet!" The dragons were silenced by the heavy, thundering slap of Coal's tail cracking against the earth. "Do none of you realize the immature and incompetent behaviors and mindsets you all are displaying? You should be ashamed to even refer to yourselves as dragons!"

Vivecca snapped, "You're just letting out your anger on us 'cause you aren't in a big, important position, and 'cause Skippy and Fiona are with us, and not with you and your father!"

"Stop!" Cyrin, a North Winds dragon, began to take a step forward. He then decided that it was better not to be in the middle of the tribes, and so remained where he was. He did continue to speak: "We shouldn't succumb to petty arguing. We should just preform our roles..." Cyrin, having said more than he usually did, shrunk back, his eyes on his claws.
1 2 3 4 5 6