Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In The Darkest Reaches (private)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38
@Scryzze (um...who should I ping for a first post? are we just pinging everybody?)
@Scryzze (um...who should I ping for a first post? are we just pinging everybody?)
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@dividedAnimus ((ping me. If your post involves meeting another user's dragon, then ping them as well.))
@dividedAnimus ((ping me. If your post involves meeting another user's dragon, then ping them as well.))
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@scryzze

((Sorry! Just a bit busy))

Ebony nonchalantly licked the cooling blood off her gauntlets. The metallic after-taste made her recoil slightly, but at the same time she found it pleasurable. She looked down at her prey, wincing at its grotesque state. She had done that. And oddly enough, she felt proud about it. This hadn't been her first kill. It was her fifth. A coatl who had launched itself from a nearby bush, as she had been passing by. Purely out of self-defense. Or... perhaps... she shook her head.

Looking up at the sky, she noted the skies bleeding with red. And then was interrupted by her stomach's fierce growling. "Aaaaaah,"she sighed, drooping her head and wings," I'm starving..." Before heading off, she gave her respects the deceased coatl. Trudging slowly through the reddish earth, she kept her nose up for the scent of fish. It was her body that found it first. Not paying attention to the ground, she tripped, and fell into a deep pool of inky water. Reaching, GASPING or breath, she hauled herself out. Panting, she hastily stripped off her armor. Then shook her entire body, splattering the red earth with droplets of water. After catching her breath, she waited until the pool calmed. Then she silently brought herself to the edge. Arching her neck, she flicked her tongue to catch the scent of incoming fish. And then... striking quickly, her mouth held the fat body of a rainbow trout. Clamping her teeth down on its fleshy body, it began to wriggle less after a few minutes, until it stilled. Satisfied, she laid down and began feasting on her prey.

Wiping the last bits of fish flesh from the corners of her mouth, Ebony exclaimed,"Delicious!" And then that's when she heard nearby dragons speaking. Curious, she stealthily slithered her way toward a thick bunch of bushes. Luckily she was located in a rather thickly wooded area (with some unusual growing fungi). Her eyes narrowed as she spotted a rather large Guardian and Spiral facing off. A ghost of a smile spread across her face.

"This'll be fun," she thought. But then... was it?
@scryzze

((Sorry! Just a bit busy))

Ebony nonchalantly licked the cooling blood off her gauntlets. The metallic after-taste made her recoil slightly, but at the same time she found it pleasurable. She looked down at her prey, wincing at its grotesque state. She had done that. And oddly enough, she felt proud about it. This hadn't been her first kill. It was her fifth. A coatl who had launched itself from a nearby bush, as she had been passing by. Purely out of self-defense. Or... perhaps... she shook her head.

Looking up at the sky, she noted the skies bleeding with red. And then was interrupted by her stomach's fierce growling. "Aaaaaah,"she sighed, drooping her head and wings," I'm starving..." Before heading off, she gave her respects the deceased coatl. Trudging slowly through the reddish earth, she kept her nose up for the scent of fish. It was her body that found it first. Not paying attention to the ground, she tripped, and fell into a deep pool of inky water. Reaching, GASPING or breath, she hauled herself out. Panting, she hastily stripped off her armor. Then shook her entire body, splattering the red earth with droplets of water. After catching her breath, she waited until the pool calmed. Then she silently brought herself to the edge. Arching her neck, she flicked her tongue to catch the scent of incoming fish. And then... striking quickly, her mouth held the fat body of a rainbow trout. Clamping her teeth down on its fleshy body, it began to wriggle less after a few minutes, until it stilled. Satisfied, she laid down and began feasting on her prey.

Wiping the last bits of fish flesh from the corners of her mouth, Ebony exclaimed,"Delicious!" And then that's when she heard nearby dragons speaking. Curious, she stealthily slithered her way toward a thick bunch of bushes. Luckily she was located in a rather thickly wooded area (with some unusual growing fungi). Her eyes narrowed as she spotted a rather large Guardian and Spiral facing off. A ghost of a smile spread across her face.

"This'll be fun," she thought. But then... was it?
@Scryzze ((okay. this might be short compared to everyone else's)) [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86724/8672313_350.png?mtime=VLBp6wABzpA.png[/img] Iuka blinked her eye open slowly, jostled from sleep by the shifting of the dragon beneath her. She uncurled from her position on its back between its wings and turned her head to examine her surroundings. The small cave where they made their home seemed undisturbed. A good thing, considering the area they now lived in. Iuka heard the Mirror she was standing on wheezing in pain. [i]His wounds must be getting infected again.[/i] She examined one of his wings. Sure enough his scales and skin were flaring up again in their usual ugly fashion. It was happening more frequently, probably because they were now living so close to Plague lands. Iuka herself was unaffected since she was a Plague dragon. But her Mirror belonged to the Earth Flight and was not adapting well. She pressed her claws over the festering wound, earning a hiss from her Mirror, and used her Plague magic to heal the wound as best she could. Having dealt with the organic problem, the dark Fae jumped down to the floor to examine the dragon's robotics. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/81786/8178578_350.png?mtime=VUv3VQAB_FQ.png[/img] She fiddled with the plate on his right forearm, making sure all his systems were online and running properly. If only the implants didn't seem to be slowly killing him. "All right Alcor, get up," she spoke in her monotone. The Mirror, Alcor, responded immediately sitting up on his haunches. He cocked his head as if listening. Iuka could hear noises from outside the cave too. Roaring, there was always roaring. Turning her attention back to Alcor she jumped on his back and urged him forward, "Let's go out. You can find us something to eat, and maybe I can find you some new playmates." How she would love to find some new subjects for research.
@Scryzze ((okay. this might be short compared to everyone else's))

8672313_350.png?mtime=VLBp6wABzpA.png
Iuka blinked her eye open slowly, jostled from sleep by the shifting of the dragon beneath her. She uncurled from her position on its back between its wings and turned her head to examine her surroundings. The small cave where they made their home seemed undisturbed. A good thing, considering the area they now lived in. Iuka heard the Mirror she was standing on wheezing in pain.

His wounds must be getting infected again. She examined one of his wings. Sure enough his scales and skin were flaring up again in their usual ugly fashion. It was happening more frequently, probably because they were now living so close to Plague lands. Iuka herself was unaffected since she was a Plague dragon. But her Mirror belonged to the Earth Flight and was not adapting well. She pressed her claws over the festering wound, earning a hiss from her Mirror, and used her Plague magic to heal the wound as best she could.

Having dealt with the organic problem, the dark Fae jumped down to the floor to examine the dragon's robotics.
8178578_350.png?mtime=VUv3VQAB_FQ.png
She fiddled with the plate on his right forearm, making sure all his systems were online and running properly. If only the implants didn't seem to be slowly killing him.

"All right Alcor, get up," she spoke in her monotone. The Mirror, Alcor, responded immediately sitting up on his haunches. He cocked his head as if listening. Iuka could hear noises from outside the cave too. Roaring, there was always roaring. Turning her attention back to Alcor she jumped on his back and urged him forward, "Let's go out. You can find us something to eat, and maybe I can find you some new playmates." How she would love to find some new subjects for research.
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@CrazyRedFire @Scryzze
Whups, sorry. Just had to describe the flames; to be honest, I've been trying to prolong my other posts. Most roleplays I've been in have had longer posts, so I've developed a habit of sorts. I'll try to keep it a little shorter from now on. :0))

Noipyla made a sound of annoyance as the Bone Fiends appeared, wrinkling her snout with distaste as they began to shriek. She swiped at one of their heads before her magic waned, slicing it's head off and allowing the shrinking flames to desperately eat away at its bones. It was pointless, really; she had dealt with these creatures before, and they could hardly be called human. She knew that they would reform in seconds, but it was quite satisfying to see the head fly a ways away before soaring back, as if attracted by a magnet.

She sat back on her haunches as they disappeared, kicking the head off another one as they slowly crumbled, snickering in a quite unladylike way as it bounced and rolled farther away from the body before disappearing as well. The fire had died down by now, taking the corpses with it. Noisy lea didn't really mind; she was just happy that the awful odor was gone. Now all that remained were a few snatches of dry bone and gristle, which were already fading in the slight breeze.

She waved a claw halfheartedly at the Spiral, now busy flicking leftover fragments of ashes from her cloak. Really, she should find some sort of enchantment to keep it from becoming dirty; that would definitely save her a lot of time.
@CrazyRedFire @Scryzze
Whups, sorry. Just had to describe the flames; to be honest, I've been trying to prolong my other posts. Most roleplays I've been in have had longer posts, so I've developed a habit of sorts. I'll try to keep it a little shorter from now on. :0))

Noipyla made a sound of annoyance as the Bone Fiends appeared, wrinkling her snout with distaste as they began to shriek. She swiped at one of their heads before her magic waned, slicing it's head off and allowing the shrinking flames to desperately eat away at its bones. It was pointless, really; she had dealt with these creatures before, and they could hardly be called human. She knew that they would reform in seconds, but it was quite satisfying to see the head fly a ways away before soaring back, as if attracted by a magnet.

She sat back on her haunches as they disappeared, kicking the head off another one as they slowly crumbled, snickering in a quite unladylike way as it bounced and rolled farther away from the body before disappearing as well. The fire had died down by now, taking the corpses with it. Noisy lea didn't really mind; she was just happy that the awful odor was gone. Now all that remained were a few snatches of dry bone and gristle, which were already fading in the slight breeze.

She waved a claw halfheartedly at the Spiral, now busy flicking leftover fragments of ashes from her cloak. Really, she should find some sort of enchantment to keep it from becoming dirty; that would definitely save her a lot of time.
globules.png
@Scryzze @Dimesocket @TheBestiary @Leondragon @Blitzstrike @CrazyRedFire @Ciphers @dividedAnimus

Nahbi looked down at the corpse. It held a dying warmth, a recent death. The blood was pooled around it creating a swirling mixture of reds. It looked like a piece of art. It was Gloriously torn apart, all of its body indistinguishable expect for the eyes that remained in one piece. The poor thing had told Nahbi he was beautiful after all, and flattery gets mercy. Nahbi had let the dragon look at him as he cut off its limbs and slowly pulled out its guts.

The dragon had been kind to Nahbi, it had cherished him, and Nahbi allowed himself to be cherished up to the point where the dragon had started asking for more. Nahbi hadn't been interested in giving so instead he decided to end the pseudo relationship.

He started down at the corpse a minute longer, waiting for the warmth to seep completely away before moving on to a river or really any body of water. Blood never really looked very good on his scales, especially not when it dried up into that rusty brown color. It all clashed rather hideously on him.

Nahbi quickly located a near by stream and washed. It wouldn't do to be found covered in blood, that might give someone the impression that he could fight (which of course he could, only an idiot would come to this place unable to fight, but it's always best to try and go unnoticed).

In the distance he noticed a Coatl who seemed distracted by something further off. Nahbi stood quietly for a minute straining to hear what could be going on. He blinked a bit surprised to hear it was simply a fight. How dull. Those where everyday occurrences, the Coatl must be new.

He thought of approaching for a minute but dismissed it as the Coatl disappeared into the bushes toward the fight. It wouldn't duo to get involved with such blood lust anyhow.

He doubled checked to make sure not a speck of blood was on him, taking a minute to admire the gleam of his skin before rolling in some dirt and giving himself a rather pathetic and innocent look, before limping out into the forest. He felt like looking for a new victim.
@Scryzze @Dimesocket @TheBestiary @Leondragon @Blitzstrike @CrazyRedFire @Ciphers @dividedAnimus

Nahbi looked down at the corpse. It held a dying warmth, a recent death. The blood was pooled around it creating a swirling mixture of reds. It looked like a piece of art. It was Gloriously torn apart, all of its body indistinguishable expect for the eyes that remained in one piece. The poor thing had told Nahbi he was beautiful after all, and flattery gets mercy. Nahbi had let the dragon look at him as he cut off its limbs and slowly pulled out its guts.

The dragon had been kind to Nahbi, it had cherished him, and Nahbi allowed himself to be cherished up to the point where the dragon had started asking for more. Nahbi hadn't been interested in giving so instead he decided to end the pseudo relationship.

He started down at the corpse a minute longer, waiting for the warmth to seep completely away before moving on to a river or really any body of water. Blood never really looked very good on his scales, especially not when it dried up into that rusty brown color. It all clashed rather hideously on him.

Nahbi quickly located a near by stream and washed. It wouldn't do to be found covered in blood, that might give someone the impression that he could fight (which of course he could, only an idiot would come to this place unable to fight, but it's always best to try and go unnoticed).

In the distance he noticed a Coatl who seemed distracted by something further off. Nahbi stood quietly for a minute straining to hear what could be going on. He blinked a bit surprised to hear it was simply a fight. How dull. Those where everyday occurrences, the Coatl must be new.

He thought of approaching for a minute but dismissed it as the Coatl disappeared into the bushes toward the fight. It wouldn't duo to get involved with such blood lust anyhow.

He doubled checked to make sure not a speck of blood was on him, taking a minute to admire the gleam of his skin before rolling in some dirt and giving himself a rather pathetic and innocent look, before limping out into the forest. He felt like looking for a new victim.
tumblr_n1rz45atYQ1tn57b1o1_500.gif
@Leondragon ((would it be okay if my characters met up with yours?))
@Leondragon ((would it be okay if my characters met up with yours?))
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@dividedanimus

((sure!))
@dividedanimus

((sure!))
@TheBestiary @Scryzze @Leondragon @Blitzstrike @Ciphers @dividedAnimus @StrawberryJello
((yeah I'm sorry too. Normally I try not to do that many actions in one post and I try not to make my posts that long. Sometimes I get a little carried away with descriptive stuff. Anyway I'll try to be better in the future.
P.S. hope I pinged everyone correctly))

Sin smirked as the Skydancer kicked and clawed at the dissolving bone fiends, sending their heads and bones flying. The damage she was doing wouldn't hurt them when he summoned them again. They would claw out of the earth good as new the next time he needed them. He wouldn't be able to summon them again for a while though. Their summoning spell always took a great deal of magical energy. This was alright however because Sin knew many other spells and he grinned at the thought of using them.

He glanced down at the Guardian and spiraled lower to the ground so she would be able to hear him better (while keeping a close watch on the Skydancer with his peripheral vision), "Why me, you asssk? I am known asss the Ssseven Deadliesss! A forbidden act judged by othersss and deemed immoral by sssoccciety. Sssin is my name." He finished in his snake-like voice. Then he frowned as if she had hurt his feelings deeply, "I don't want to kill you dearsss." Sin glanced up that the Skydancer as he continued, "I only kill thossse who I love not thossse who I ressspect." Then he chuckled like something was hilarious, "Though I do admit I have a terrible habit of falling in love thossse who I ressspect in the end... but," He shrugged like this was nothing out of the ordinary, "We alwaysss have fun with each other before that happensss..."

Sin twisted his head all the way backwards so that he could grin upside down at the Guardian, "Both you ladiesss are fine killersss. Beautiful I'd even sssay but thisss placcce between Plague and Ssshadow isss too limited, too sssmall. What if I had a way to expand itsss bordersss, to bring in fresh blood ssso our killingsss would be limitless? Hehe, of courssse I know that we would turn on each other in the end but think of what fun it would be if we worked together firssst to make thisss place grow! To dessstroy the landsss beyond!"

Sin looked at them both now, "You've sssseen my magical abilitiess. And I have ssseen sssome," He glanced at the Skydancer, "of yourssss. You cannot doubt that we would be powerful together and I have a plan. What do you sssay? Will you join me?" Sin's single eye gleamed.

((ah sorry about the length again. I can't help putting some flair in when setting up plot development. I promise by posts will get shorter! Xd))
@TheBestiary @Scryzze @Leondragon @Blitzstrike @Ciphers @dividedAnimus @StrawberryJello
((yeah I'm sorry too. Normally I try not to do that many actions in one post and I try not to make my posts that long. Sometimes I get a little carried away with descriptive stuff. Anyway I'll try to be better in the future.
P.S. hope I pinged everyone correctly))

Sin smirked as the Skydancer kicked and clawed at the dissolving bone fiends, sending their heads and bones flying. The damage she was doing wouldn't hurt them when he summoned them again. They would claw out of the earth good as new the next time he needed them. He wouldn't be able to summon them again for a while though. Their summoning spell always took a great deal of magical energy. This was alright however because Sin knew many other spells and he grinned at the thought of using them.

He glanced down at the Guardian and spiraled lower to the ground so she would be able to hear him better (while keeping a close watch on the Skydancer with his peripheral vision), "Why me, you asssk? I am known asss the Ssseven Deadliesss! A forbidden act judged by othersss and deemed immoral by sssoccciety. Sssin is my name." He finished in his snake-like voice. Then he frowned as if she had hurt his feelings deeply, "I don't want to kill you dearsss." Sin glanced up that the Skydancer as he continued, "I only kill thossse who I love not thossse who I ressspect." Then he chuckled like something was hilarious, "Though I do admit I have a terrible habit of falling in love thossse who I ressspect in the end... but," He shrugged like this was nothing out of the ordinary, "We alwaysss have fun with each other before that happensss..."

Sin twisted his head all the way backwards so that he could grin upside down at the Guardian, "Both you ladiesss are fine killersss. Beautiful I'd even sssay but thisss placcce between Plague and Ssshadow isss too limited, too sssmall. What if I had a way to expand itsss bordersss, to bring in fresh blood ssso our killingsss would be limitless? Hehe, of courssse I know that we would turn on each other in the end but think of what fun it would be if we worked together firssst to make thisss place grow! To dessstroy the landsss beyond!"

Sin looked at them both now, "You've sssseen my magical abilitiess. And I have ssseen sssome," He glanced at the Skydancer, "of yourssss. You cannot doubt that we would be powerful together and I have a plan. What do you sssay? Will you join me?" Sin's single eye gleamed.

((ah sorry about the length again. I can't help putting some flair in when setting up plot development. I promise by posts will get shorter! Xd))
XriSV9h.gif
@TheBestiary @Scryzze @Leondragon @Blitzstrike @Ciphers @dividedAnimus @StrawberryJello @CrazyRedFire ~~~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12428847] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/124289/12428847_350.png[/img] [/url] Everything hurt, it was a blur of red and rot. The scent of blood heavy in the air. She stumbled, panting and her limbs growing heavy before hiding in the mass of Plague. Her bandages wrapped around the stomach heavy with blood, dripping. Unravel now regretted making the Imperial mad, and she had payed every so dearly a shot to the stomach it was, and with Plague magic, a festering wound it was. She coughed up blood, scenting nearby dragons. She could smell corpses, she knew it was those dragons that always made it their day to go out and supposedly kill weak ones and draw unsuspecting dragons in, what a bothersome it was and boring as well, the Skydancer supposed there were a few cannibals mixed in as well. She slightly limped, hoping to hide her scent and slip away, unnoticed, she was not in the mood to converse with these dragons or rather stare was all she would do with those hollow dead silent eyes she had and the expression that was like a statues, always blank. She saw them before keeping her eyes to the ground, there were more than she thought. There was a side of her, a side that wanted to join in with these others. It was like an never ending battle in her mind, a side that wanted to simple rot away and the other one that was like a caged beast being poked and prodded, Unravel was sure one of these days that she would snap and that the day she regretted the most would happen again. That was a thing she feared for the future. She tugged at her wolf cape, a sure sign that she was nervous, a habit she always had and what was even worse was a blood trail she was leaving behind from the wound. She clenched her teeth every so slightly before finally having gotten enough space between the group of dragons and her, she sank to the floor. Perhaps if she lay there long enough, tendrils of rot, flesh, pus and other things best left unnamed would wrap themselves around her and deliver her from this place but that was a strange hope that would never happen. She stared, at nothing really, she could go on for hours like this, letting her thoughts wander and even that was a dangerous thing.
@TheBestiary @Scryzze @Leondragon @Blitzstrike @Ciphers @dividedAnimus @StrawberryJello @CrazyRedFire

~~~

12428847_350.png

Everything hurt, it was a blur of red and rot. The scent of blood heavy in the air. She stumbled, panting and her limbs growing heavy before hiding in the mass of Plague. Her bandages wrapped around the stomach heavy with blood, dripping. Unravel now regretted making the Imperial mad, and she had payed every so dearly a shot to the stomach it was, and with Plague magic, a festering wound it was. She coughed up blood, scenting nearby dragons.

She could smell corpses, she knew it was those dragons that always made it their day to go out and supposedly kill weak ones and draw unsuspecting dragons in, what a bothersome it was and boring as well, the Skydancer supposed there were a few cannibals mixed in as well. She slightly limped, hoping to hide her scent and slip away, unnoticed, she was not in the mood to converse with these dragons or rather stare was all she would do with those hollow dead silent eyes she had and the expression that was like a statues, always blank. She saw them before keeping her eyes to the ground, there were more than she thought.

There was a side of her, a side that wanted to join in with these others. It was like an never ending battle in her mind, a side that wanted to simple rot away and the other one that was like a caged beast being poked and prodded, Unravel was sure one of these days that she would snap and that the day she regretted the most would happen again. That was a thing she feared for the future. She tugged at her wolf cape, a sure sign that she was nervous, a habit she always had and what was even worse was a blood trail she was leaving behind from the wound.

She clenched her teeth every so slightly before finally having gotten enough space between the group of dragons and her, she sank to the floor. Perhaps if she lay there long enough, tendrils of rot, flesh, pus and other things best left unnamed would wrap themselves around her and deliver her from this place but that was a strange hope that would never happen. She stared, at nothing really, she could go on for hours like this, letting her thoughts wander and even that was a dangerous thing.
tumblr_mpy4vpYMWG1rzl7uqo1_500.gif
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38