Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In The Darkest Reaches (private)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38
@Scryzze Hey is it too late to jump in?
@Scryzze Hey is it too late to jump in?
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@CrazyRedFire @Scryzze ((trying not to spam the others))

Oh, he wanted to play a little game, didn't he? Very well. She would give him a spectacular game, yes she would... Noipyla's wolfish grin turned into something positively malevolent and astoundingly beautiful at the same time. Her cloak rippled with what seemed to be anticipation - curious, since most garments were simply inanimate decorations for dragons to drape over themselves.

She snapped her talons against each other, creating a clicking sound and a small, hungry flame. This was no ordinary spark she held in her fingers; it was a form of dark magic, fire that only fed on things with a strong life force... Like dragons. The tiny flame flared, revealing that although it contained the usual colors of orange, yellow, and red, threads of obsidian curled throughout the dancing shape, pushing against the edges of it as though trying to escape.

Noipyla lovingly cupped her talons over the twirling and leaping figure, gliding swiftly towards the corpse of a hateful Coatl. She whispered something unintelligible to the little flame, and promptly hurled it at the cadaver.

The effect was immediate. The Coatl's feathers immediately caught aflame, and the fire grew. The entire body of the Coatl dissolved, roaring flames threaded with darkness in its place. The same happened with all the other corpses near; it took only a few seconds for the entire clearing to be wreathed with flames.

Noipyla smoothed out her cloak, adjusting the collar of it just so that the gem embedded in it reflected the glare of the flames. Although the air was most likely burning, she felt nothing, protected by the cloak she wore. She grinned through the flames at the little Spiral, eager to complete her act.

She shot out from behind the fire, appearing just above the flickering tips of the flames, her green eyes piercing through the developing cloud of smoke. Her wings flared out, cloak billowing, as she let out a cry of pure malice and dove down towards the pink dragon. She snapped both talons mid-flight, and more flames burst into being upon each of her claws.
@CrazyRedFire @Scryzze ((trying not to spam the others))

Oh, he wanted to play a little game, didn't he? Very well. She would give him a spectacular game, yes she would... Noipyla's wolfish grin turned into something positively malevolent and astoundingly beautiful at the same time. Her cloak rippled with what seemed to be anticipation - curious, since most garments were simply inanimate decorations for dragons to drape over themselves.

She snapped her talons against each other, creating a clicking sound and a small, hungry flame. This was no ordinary spark she held in her fingers; it was a form of dark magic, fire that only fed on things with a strong life force... Like dragons. The tiny flame flared, revealing that although it contained the usual colors of orange, yellow, and red, threads of obsidian curled throughout the dancing shape, pushing against the edges of it as though trying to escape.

Noipyla lovingly cupped her talons over the twirling and leaping figure, gliding swiftly towards the corpse of a hateful Coatl. She whispered something unintelligible to the little flame, and promptly hurled it at the cadaver.

The effect was immediate. The Coatl's feathers immediately caught aflame, and the fire grew. The entire body of the Coatl dissolved, roaring flames threaded with darkness in its place. The same happened with all the other corpses near; it took only a few seconds for the entire clearing to be wreathed with flames.

Noipyla smoothed out her cloak, adjusting the collar of it just so that the gem embedded in it reflected the glare of the flames. Although the air was most likely burning, she felt nothing, protected by the cloak she wore. She grinned through the flames at the little Spiral, eager to complete her act.

She shot out from behind the fire, appearing just above the flickering tips of the flames, her green eyes piercing through the developing cloud of smoke. Her wings flared out, cloak billowing, as she let out a cry of pure malice and dove down towards the pink dragon. She snapped both talons mid-flight, and more flames burst into being upon each of her claws.
globules.png
@dividedAnimus ((not at all! Post your dragon and start whenever!))
@dividedAnimus ((not at all! Post your dragon and start whenever!))
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Scryzze @TheBestiary

Sin was about to answer the Guardian but the Skydancer was making a horrible mess. The little dark flames surrounded the clearing like dancing gremlin. Sin sighed heavily, "My apologizesss, darling. I have to take care of thisss little tantrum."

His eye slid up to the Skydancer with annoyance, "I'm terribly sorry but you are just going to have to wait your turn." He lifted his front claws, the tips of which were glowing with a bright red and black plague magic, before burying them in the dusty earth. He began to chant rapidly in a dark language.

Suddenly the ground bubbled in four different spots around Sin. Soil surged upwards in all four spots like things were viciously trying to claw themselves from the ground. Then bleached white claws could be seen punching through the earth and four large bone fields suddenly erupted from the ground. Each of them hissed, rising up on their lithe limbs and spread their wings like deranged angels of death. ((It didn't long for him to summon them; a few seconds maybe?))
910.png910.png910.png910.png
"Abaddon, Dajjal and Rakssshasssa! After the firessstarter!" Sin hissed, pointing at the Skydancer who was summing more dark flame with her talons. Three of the bone fiends screeched with voices like metal-on-metal and responded instantly, surging into the air. These weren't normal bone fiends. They were born from the dark recesses of the earth; black plague magic fused into the shape of palpable creatures that were neither living nor dead. These creatures could not be killed through ordinary means; attack them or blow them to bits and they will just reform behind you to stab you in the back. However, the three fiends that were sent after the Skydancer were not ordered to kill her. Sin only wanted her to stop interrupting his conversation with the lovely Guardian.

"Asssura... take care of the fire," Sin spoke to the final bone fiend, gesturing almost absentmindedly to the raging dark flames that were growing dangerously closer to them. Asura screeched and jumped into the closest flames. The fire did no harm to the creature's hide and Asura moved through the flames like a deadly ghost. He ran at the speed of light through the circle of flames faster and faster. The faster Asura ran the more the fire receded.
The only way to fight magic fire is with magical fire-immune creatures; that's what Sin always said. ((Actually he just made that up just now XD))

Abaddon, Dajjal and Rakshasa flew at the Skydancer. Once they were directly in front of her they began to scream. Their scream grew to such high a pitch that performing more fire magic would be impossible. The connection between dragon and magic would be momentarily broken. ((This is only temporary of course.))

Sin glanced around and grinned. The fire was gone. He shot into the air and snapped his claws. All four bone fiends crumbled to dust before the dragon's eyes. He flew to the Skydancer and bowed graciously before her. Secretly, he put up his invisible shield again just in case the Skydancer decided to summon more flames again.

"Missss, your magical ssskill isss gloriousss..." He said with the utmost respect and continued, "If you wisssh I will continue to play with you but perhapsss be can jussst introduccce ourssselvesss?"

((I hope this post wasn't considered godmodding... That wasn't my intention! I only wanted to stop them from immediately killing each other! XD this is a great rp and I don't want to see it end just cause they all end up killing each other in the very beginning. Plus I couldn't come up with a better solution for stopping that fire... ))
@Scryzze @TheBestiary

Sin was about to answer the Guardian but the Skydancer was making a horrible mess. The little dark flames surrounded the clearing like dancing gremlin. Sin sighed heavily, "My apologizesss, darling. I have to take care of thisss little tantrum."

His eye slid up to the Skydancer with annoyance, "I'm terribly sorry but you are just going to have to wait your turn." He lifted his front claws, the tips of which were glowing with a bright red and black plague magic, before burying them in the dusty earth. He began to chant rapidly in a dark language.

Suddenly the ground bubbled in four different spots around Sin. Soil surged upwards in all four spots like things were viciously trying to claw themselves from the ground. Then bleached white claws could be seen punching through the earth and four large bone fields suddenly erupted from the ground. Each of them hissed, rising up on their lithe limbs and spread their wings like deranged angels of death. ((It didn't long for him to summon them; a few seconds maybe?))
910.png910.png910.png910.png
"Abaddon, Dajjal and Rakssshasssa! After the firessstarter!" Sin hissed, pointing at the Skydancer who was summing more dark flame with her talons. Three of the bone fiends screeched with voices like metal-on-metal and responded instantly, surging into the air. These weren't normal bone fiends. They were born from the dark recesses of the earth; black plague magic fused into the shape of palpable creatures that were neither living nor dead. These creatures could not be killed through ordinary means; attack them or blow them to bits and they will just reform behind you to stab you in the back. However, the three fiends that were sent after the Skydancer were not ordered to kill her. Sin only wanted her to stop interrupting his conversation with the lovely Guardian.

"Asssura... take care of the fire," Sin spoke to the final bone fiend, gesturing almost absentmindedly to the raging dark flames that were growing dangerously closer to them. Asura screeched and jumped into the closest flames. The fire did no harm to the creature's hide and Asura moved through the flames like a deadly ghost. He ran at the speed of light through the circle of flames faster and faster. The faster Asura ran the more the fire receded.
The only way to fight magic fire is with magical fire-immune creatures; that's what Sin always said. ((Actually he just made that up just now XD))

Abaddon, Dajjal and Rakshasa flew at the Skydancer. Once they were directly in front of her they began to scream. Their scream grew to such high a pitch that performing more fire magic would be impossible. The connection between dragon and magic would be momentarily broken. ((This is only temporary of course.))

Sin glanced around and grinned. The fire was gone. He shot into the air and snapped his claws. All four bone fiends crumbled to dust before the dragon's eyes. He flew to the Skydancer and bowed graciously before her. Secretly, he put up his invisible shield again just in case the Skydancer decided to summon more flames again.

"Missss, your magical ssskill isss gloriousss..." He said with the utmost respect and continued, "If you wisssh I will continue to play with you but perhapsss be can jussst introduccce ourssselvesss?"

((I hope this post wasn't considered godmodding... That wasn't my intention! I only wanted to stop them from immediately killing each other! XD this is a great rp and I don't want to see it end just cause they all end up killing each other in the very beginning. Plus I couldn't come up with a better solution for stopping that fire... ))
XriSV9h.gif
@CrazyRedFire @TheBestiary
((it's completely fine, but it's quite long. Maybe you could do a few less actions so the others have a chance to react? You don't have to of course, but your posts are longer than what I'm used to. But I actually like reading them don't get the wrong impression))
-

This Spiral was... not anywhere close to normal, to say the least. The Guardian stared, truly confused this time. She wasn't any magic expert, but she had never heard of screeching-bone-dragon-things coming to life. She stood up slowly, her eyes glancing from the Skydancer to the Spiral. If any more magic was to be brought out, then she'd rather have no part in it.

Though something in her told her to stay. The building electricity inside of her flicked out. She was quite interested about these odd dragons. While many of the monsters that lived in these lands were just crazy, murdering dragons, she felt that they were a bit more. Intelligent dragons are rare here. And crazy magic users.

She watched as his bone monsters disappeared, though her ears stayed ringing after the silence filled the air. She could only shake her head and try to not show she was getting a growing headache. It was bad enough having to listen to the Spiral's laughter.

The Guardian's face turned towards more to a frown. Her voice lowered, filled with hate towards something unknown. Her eyes narrowed. She wasn't the most social dragon, but she had enough common sense to not just attack randomly. Acting irrationally could get her killed.
"Then introduce yourself, Spiral. Why you haven't killed both of us is beyond me, but you better speak quickly. I don't have any patience left."
@CrazyRedFire @TheBestiary
((it's completely fine, but it's quite long. Maybe you could do a few less actions so the others have a chance to react? You don't have to of course, but your posts are longer than what I'm used to. But I actually like reading them don't get the wrong impression))
-

This Spiral was... not anywhere close to normal, to say the least. The Guardian stared, truly confused this time. She wasn't any magic expert, but she had never heard of screeching-bone-dragon-things coming to life. She stood up slowly, her eyes glancing from the Skydancer to the Spiral. If any more magic was to be brought out, then she'd rather have no part in it.

Though something in her told her to stay. The building electricity inside of her flicked out. She was quite interested about these odd dragons. While many of the monsters that lived in these lands were just crazy, murdering dragons, she felt that they were a bit more. Intelligent dragons are rare here. And crazy magic users.

She watched as his bone monsters disappeared, though her ears stayed ringing after the silence filled the air. She could only shake her head and try to not show she was getting a growing headache. It was bad enough having to listen to the Spiral's laughter.

The Guardian's face turned towards more to a frown. Her voice lowered, filled with hate towards something unknown. Her eyes narrowed. She wasn't the most social dragon, but she had enough common sense to not just attack randomly. Acting irrationally could get her killed.
"Then introduce yourself, Spiral. Why you haven't killed both of us is beyond me, but you better speak quickly. I don't have any patience left."
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Scryzze

(I'd love to pop in if I can.)
@Scryzze

(I'd love to pop in if I can.)
tumblr_n1rz45atYQ1tn57b1o1_500.gif
@StrawberryJello ((Post your dragon and then start as soon as you can!))
@StrawberryJello ((Post your dragon and then start as soon as you can!))
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
Image: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12758478] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127585/12758478_350.png[/img] [/url] Name: Nahbi Age: Looks young Personality: Nahbi loves games more than anything. He enjoys it when people think he a small weak child and he makes sure to twist views with his beauty and elegance. Everyone who meets him thinks him kind and giving, and those who have found the truth are dead. He is sadist to his very core, and will only show his true nature when he believes to have won. Backstory: He was beautiful and young when he entered that village, just a small child really. He had walked in dirt covering his body eyes brimming with tears. The people had comforted him, helped him, feed him. He was so grateful; he told him a story of his past. How his father abused him how his mother killed herself, and the people just gobbled it up. They feel in love with the small angel. Many started to think him a gift from above. No other child was as sweet as him. It must of been so confusing for them when he finally got bored and murdered everyone in town. Such a beautiful dragon, covered in dirt eyes brimmed with tears as he went to the next town. Once more the town fell in love. They gobbled up his story of how his parents abandoned him, leaving him to the cruelty of the world. It was such a betrayal when their little angel covered their streets in blood. The truth of his past has been lost along with the peaceful villages he has left behind. Time compared to Flight Rising's time: 3 hours ahead
Image:
12758478_350.png

Name: Nahbi

Personality:
Nahbi loves games more than anything. He enjoys it when people think he a small weak child and he makes sure to twist views with his beauty and elegance. Everyone who meets him thinks him kind and giving, and those who have found the truth are dead. He is sadist to his very core, and will only show his true nature when he believes to have won.

Backstory:
He was beautiful and young when he entered that village, just a small child really. He had walked in dirt covering his body eyes brimming with tears. The people had comforted him, helped him, feed him. He was so grateful; he told him a story of his past. How his father abused him how his mother killed herself, and the people just gobbled it up. They feel in love with the small angel. Many started to think him a gift from above. No other child was as sweet as him. It must of been so confusing for them when he finally got bored and murdered everyone in town.

Such a beautiful dragon, covered in dirt eyes brimmed with tears as he went to the next town. Once more the town fell in love. They gobbled up his story of how his parents abandoned him, leaving him to the cruelty of the world. It was such a betrayal when their little angel covered their streets in blood.

The truth of his past has been lost along with the peaceful villages he has left behind.

Time compared to Flight Rising's time: 3 hours ahead
tumblr_n1rz45atYQ1tn57b1o1_500.gif
@Scryzze Ok awesome! Usually I have these two together, but if I'm only allowed to use one that's fine. Image:[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86724/8672313_350.png?mtime=VLBp6wABzpA.png[/img] Name: Iuka Age: She's an adult, but looks younger than she is because she's a tiny Fae Personality: Iuka was left alone at a young age and adopted by another family. She never understood why, but she never felt at home within her new clan. She did not socialize with the other dragons very much and was perfectly happy to spend time alone. Dragons stopped reaching out to her when they realized she seemed detached from the rest of them. Her Fae monotone didn't help the situation any. Most would describe Iuka as cold and unfeeling, but she just knows getting emotionally attached interferes with research. Backstory: Iuka loves her research. She enjoys studying strange dragons and familiars she comes across. She took out her own right eye during one of her studies. Back when she was part of a clan she had a number of them under her "care", at a location far away from the clan of course. When other dragons accidentally discovered her subjects and what she was doing to them she was promptly exiled. She did however manage to get away with one of her subjects. There is almost nothing Iuka won't do to get answers, except for letting dragons die. She would never kill a subject unless absolutely necessary. Better to keep them alive longer and continue studies, after all. Image:[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/81786/8178578_350.png?mtime=VUv3VQAB_FQ.png[/img] Name: Alcor Age: he's like a "teenager" I guess Personality: Not as savage as most mirrors are made out to be, Alcor was always the most submissive of his siblings. He used to talk quite a bit to make himself noticed, but since the implants Alcor has almost stopped speaking his mind. Iuka doesn't have total control over him but he gave up trying to be his own dragon a long time ago. He is basically like a very obedient guard dog to Iuka, but sometimes his organic brain and the cybernetics disagree with each other. He has no problem with killing now, if that's what Iuka orders. Backstory: In his clan Alcor had two siblings who (he felt) outshone him in every way. They had Sunshine circuits and literally shone compared to his drab scales. Their parents kind of left them on their own so they had to care for each other. When his sister left for another Flight and his brother was exalted, Alcor didn't really have anyone. He gave up on himself and let Iuka take him. He was her first experiment with robotics, so the process was painful and the implants are imperfect. (might edit later) Time compared to Flight Rising's time: 3 hrs ahead
@Scryzze Ok awesome! Usually I have these two together, but if I'm only allowed to use one that's fine.

Image:8672313_350.png?mtime=VLBp6wABzpA.png
Name: Iuka
Age: She's an adult, but looks younger than she is because she's a tiny Fae

Personality: Iuka was left alone at a young age and adopted by another family. She never understood why, but she never felt at home within her new clan. She did not socialize with the other dragons very much and was perfectly happy to spend time alone. Dragons stopped reaching out to her when they realized she seemed detached from the rest of them. Her Fae monotone didn't help the situation any. Most would describe Iuka as cold and unfeeling, but she just knows getting emotionally attached interferes with research.

Backstory: Iuka loves her research. She enjoys studying strange dragons and familiars she comes across. She took out her own right eye during one of her studies. Back when she was part of a clan she had a number of them under her "care", at a location far away from the clan of course. When other dragons accidentally discovered her subjects and what she was doing to them she was promptly exiled. She did however manage to get away with one of her subjects. There is almost nothing Iuka won't do to get answers, except for letting dragons die. She would never kill a subject unless absolutely necessary. Better to keep them alive longer and continue studies, after all.

Image:8178578_350.png?mtime=VUv3VQAB_FQ.png
Name: Alcor

Personality: Not as savage as most mirrors are made out to be, Alcor was always the most submissive of his siblings. He used to talk quite a bit to make himself noticed, but since the implants Alcor has almost stopped speaking his mind. Iuka doesn't have total control over him but he gave up trying to be his own dragon a long time ago. He is basically like a very obedient guard dog to Iuka, but sometimes his organic brain and the cybernetics disagree with each other. He has no problem with killing now, if that's what Iuka orders.

Backstory: In his clan Alcor had two siblings who (he felt) outshone him in every way. They had Sunshine circuits and literally shone compared to his drab scales. Their parents kind of left them on their own so they had to care for each other. When his sister left for another Flight and his brother was exalted, Alcor didn't really have anyone. He gave up on himself and let Iuka take him. He was her first experiment with robotics, so the process was painful and the implants are imperfect.
(might edit later)
Time compared to Flight Rising's time: 3 hrs ahead
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@Dimesocket @Leondragon ((I'll give you a friendly reminder. Do you want to take part in this roleplay, or do you want me to take you off the pinglist?))
@Dimesocket @Leondragon ((I'll give you a friendly reminder. Do you want to take part in this roleplay, or do you want me to take you off the pinglist?))
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me