Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | rpg dice roller {CLOSED!!}
1 2
hello there!
I have recently developed a dice rolling roleplay game template. In other words I have created my own simpler version of DnD/warhammer/pathfinder that is more roleplay based than anything else.

The game uses stats and dice rolls to determine the outcome of battles and some social interactions (like convincing, intimidation, and bartering). There is an experience and leveling system, along with weapon and tool experience.

This game is a template though, so it can be applied to almost any plot or story to make it more interesting. In other words this game template can be used to determine the outcomes in a sci-fi roleplay, or an old timey western rp. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

Now, what I want from you guys.
I have two goals for this game, one is to beta test it and perfect it, and the other is to develop a few campaign groups to play with over the summer. That means I need both beta testers and long term partners. You could be either or both, which ever fits your fancy!

Beta testers will be thrown into a basic mission story in order to test out many different aspects of the game and will be asked for their input and opinion on the game's mechanics throughout the mission arch.

Campaign partners will have to meet certain requirements and will be expected to join the rp for long term. They will also be expected to be a DungeonMaster every now and then (or someone who controls the monsters and plot of the rp for the other players to play in and enjoy). DMing will cycle through players and everyone will get a turn.

I am hoping to have four campaign archs and am open to suggestion for any arch that people have in mind. Two of the archs are already filled out

1: The Reward
(A classic quest for riches and glory in a magical world of warriors and magic. Inspired by and based on the short film "The Reward" http://vimeo.com/58179094 WARNING: violence and blood, loosely rated PG13!)

2: CreepyTown
(A horror themed roleplay taking place in a twisted land were all things are grungy and terrifying. This one is rather private and will require you to beta test the game or roleplay with me before I can judge whether or not you can join (sorry to be stingy about it XI ) )

3: OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

4: OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS
(if you've had a plot swimming around in your head for a long while, this is a great opportunity to use them!)

Feel free to ask any questions or ask for a lowdown on how the game works, I'll send you a pm with a basic over view and the stats sheet instructions. Also know that I will be advertizing on other sites so you may be playing with people you've never seen before!

Thank you for your time and I hope you join us!
hello there!
I have recently developed a dice rolling roleplay game template. In other words I have created my own simpler version of DnD/warhammer/pathfinder that is more roleplay based than anything else.

The game uses stats and dice rolls to determine the outcome of battles and some social interactions (like convincing, intimidation, and bartering). There is an experience and leveling system, along with weapon and tool experience.

This game is a template though, so it can be applied to almost any plot or story to make it more interesting. In other words this game template can be used to determine the outcomes in a sci-fi roleplay, or an old timey western rp. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

Now, what I want from you guys.
I have two goals for this game, one is to beta test it and perfect it, and the other is to develop a few campaign groups to play with over the summer. That means I need both beta testers and long term partners. You could be either or both, which ever fits your fancy!

Beta testers will be thrown into a basic mission story in order to test out many different aspects of the game and will be asked for their input and opinion on the game's mechanics throughout the mission arch.

Campaign partners will have to meet certain requirements and will be expected to join the rp for long term. They will also be expected to be a DungeonMaster every now and then (or someone who controls the monsters and plot of the rp for the other players to play in and enjoy). DMing will cycle through players and everyone will get a turn.

I am hoping to have four campaign archs and am open to suggestion for any arch that people have in mind. Two of the archs are already filled out

1: The Reward
(A classic quest for riches and glory in a magical world of warriors and magic. Inspired by and based on the short film "The Reward" http://vimeo.com/58179094 WARNING: violence and blood, loosely rated PG13!)

2: CreepyTown
(A horror themed roleplay taking place in a twisted land were all things are grungy and terrifying. This one is rather private and will require you to beta test the game or roleplay with me before I can judge whether or not you can join (sorry to be stingy about it XI ) )

3: OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

4: OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS
(if you've had a plot swimming around in your head for a long while, this is a great opportunity to use them!)

Feel free to ask any questions or ask for a lowdown on how the game works, I'll send you a pm with a basic over view and the stats sheet instructions. Also know that I will be advertizing on other sites so you may be playing with people you've never seen before!

Thank you for your time and I hope you join us!
ICEWARDEN_sig.png
Count me in!
Count me in!
@Faustian

awesome! :D

what exactly did you want to do? beta testing or summer campaign or both!?
@Faustian

awesome! :D

what exactly did you want to do? beta testing or summer campaign or both!?
ICEWARDEN_sig.png
@kozzy
I would love to be a part of this. I would be willing to do beta testing, but would be very interested in being part of the group that does "The Reward" I have experience DnD and Pathfinder and have been looking for something to fill the void after my last group disbanded.
@kozzy
I would love to be a part of this. I would be willing to do beta testing, but would be very interested in being part of the group that does "The Reward" I have experience DnD and Pathfinder and have been looking for something to fill the void after my last group disbanded.
@RanocAzulis

oh that is wonderful! hopefully we'll be able to fill that void! and i'm glad that you are interested in the reward though, that one is going to be a lot of fun.

do you want me to send a pm of how the game works? (it's a lot like warhammer honestly)
or do you wanna learn as we go?

also, i'd love to test it with you. do you have any preferences as to what you want the testing arch to be? any characters you would like to use?
@RanocAzulis

oh that is wonderful! hopefully we'll be able to fill that void! and i'm glad that you are interested in the reward though, that one is going to be a lot of fun.

do you want me to send a pm of how the game works? (it's a lot like warhammer honestly)
or do you wanna learn as we go?

also, i'd love to test it with you. do you have any preferences as to what you want the testing arch to be? any characters you would like to use?
ICEWARDEN_sig.png
@kozzy

A pm about the game would be wonderful, I usually prepare a significant amount before any campaign.

As for the arch, I really don't have much of a preference. I do like a traditional sword and sorcery type of setting the most, but if another setting is preferable then that would be fine.

I have a character in mind, but I think I will save that until I have seen what I can do with the system. Otherwise I would just make a character to fill any party gaps.
@kozzy

A pm about the game would be wonderful, I usually prepare a significant amount before any campaign.

As for the arch, I really don't have much of a preference. I do like a traditional sword and sorcery type of setting the most, but if another setting is preferable then that would be fine.

I have a character in mind, but I think I will save that until I have seen what I can do with the system. Otherwise I would just make a character to fill any party gaps.
@RanocAzulis

pm sent!
and traditional is what i'm mostly into right now too so that will work out nicely

you might wanna claim a spot now! so far we have a ranger and a brute. we are definitely going to need a healer or mage of some sort, or even a thief. because while our ranger is light on her feet and good with a knife, she don't have the brain to outsmart people like a shadowy character would.
@RanocAzulis

pm sent!
and traditional is what i'm mostly into right now too so that will work out nicely

you might wanna claim a spot now! so far we have a ranger and a brute. we are definitely going to need a healer or mage of some sort, or even a thief. because while our ranger is light on her feet and good with a knife, she don't have the brain to outsmart people like a shadowy character would.
ICEWARDEN_sig.png
@kozzy
Alright, give me the thief. I have a character in mind and I have been waiting a while to use it. Hopefully someone else will take the healer role.
@kozzy
Alright, give me the thief. I have a character in mind and I have been waiting a while to use it. Hopefully someone else will take the healer role.
This looks fun but I've never played anything like DnD. If you don't mind me asking a lot of questions, I'd be up for beta testing.
This looks fun but I've never played anything like DnD. If you don't mind me asking a lot of questions, I'd be up for beta testing.
Your heart belongs to the wind, ever changing, and ever shifting.
@ohlookahails

i would be delighted to have you! and questions are good, they mean more insight in the game for me
@ohlookahails

i would be delighted to have you! and questions are good, they mean more insight in the game for me
ICEWARDEN_sig.png
1 2