Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Lore contest | G4 Naomis (dual line)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center] [rule] [size=6][b]G4 NAOMI LORE CONTEST[/b][/size] [rule] [b]Status:[/b] [i]CLOSED, judging entries.[/i] Hi everyone, I’m hosting a writing contest for the kids of my third gen Naomi [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58130999]Dima[/url] again! The kid this time around is a somewhat soft looking guy. You can see him below, please read the rules and other details. [center] > [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2921060#post_2921060]Old Thread[/url] < [/center] [quote=The Son] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78778980][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/787790/78778980_350.png[/img][/url] [center][i]Bassareus is one of the three children born of a June 12th nest. In interpersonal lore, June 12th is a day heavily associated with Naomi herself. In practice, its also the date upon which Naomi was generated and Willow was born! As such, you can reasonably write Bassareus as being blessed or possessed of great power. That, or he’s just some guy. Go wild, I’m open to seeing anything! Also, the skin doesn’t come with him, sorry all! I’m planning to sell it however.[/i] [emoji=deer skull size=1] <Entries> - [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3096259/7#post_51593429]HartleyRathaway[/url] - [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3096259/8#post_51614828]xMidnightmuse[/url] - [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3096259/8#post_51640229]Megarafrostalon[/url] - [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L1r2gTzsH-CY4EVrCU5a64XLWQkO13FoJqWTDs4CeLA/edit]Summittheworld[/url] [/center] [/quote] [rule] [center][b]RULES[/b][/center] [rule][/center] [LIST] [*][b]The contest will run from June 23rd to July 1st, 11:00 FR Time.[/b] [*][b]There's no entering fee, all you need to enter is to write a piece of lore of minimally 150 words. Scries/Outfit plans are nice, but I will be looking only at lore for deciding what wins. Please post all entries in thread.[/b] [*][s]If you can help it take the lore of the parents into account. It will be summarised below.[/s] It’s not a must, but references are nice though. Actually writing the parents and siblings as characters in a piece is a little hit or miss for me. [*][b]Obviously, you cannot outright buy this dragon. The whole point of this contest is that I want to give other people than those with a lot of gems a chance. If you want to buy a kid please contact me via PM, there will be nests later and you can arrange special date with me. Also, the guy has a sister that’s up for grabs.[/b] [*][b]You're allowed to collaborate with others as long as you clearly state this, and I'm allowing a max of two entries per person or collaboration. I do not count beta readers as collaborators but if you wanna shout out to your readers as thanks then go ahead.[/b] [*][b]If you've entered before, you're allowed to enter again! However, if you've won a dragon, or own one of Dima's offspring already, please refrain from entering. The whole point is to give people who don't have one yet a chance.[/b] You’re allowed to enter on someone else’s behalf but message me ahead of time to discuss the details. [*]I don't count bio formatting towards the winning score, since some folks write longer stories and prefer to keep it in a google doc. On that note, you're allowed to write your entry in a google doc and post the link. [/LIST] [center] [rule] [b]THE JUDGING[/b] [rule] [/center] [LIST] [*]I will not be judging on format. The only prerequisite is that it is longer than 150 words. [*]I will be judging based on the quality of the piece of writing and how engaging the story is. Effort will also be factored in. [*]I will not be detracting points for things like spelling or grammar errors if the overall concept comes across clearly. Originality of ideas is not factored into the final verdict either as a story can use well-trodden ideas but still be engaging to read. [*]To reiterate, I would prefer it if you keep the parent's lore in mind when you write your entry. It's not mandatory, as again, I will be judging on quality, but it's definitely something I would like to see in entries. [/LIST] [center] [rule] [b]ADDITIONAL[/b] [rule] [/center] [list] [*]The dragon can optionally come with a scatterscroll or treasure gene of one’s choosing should they winner wish it. [*]There will obviously be future chances. It might be a while away because I have life to attend to, but don't be afraid to try again. [*]Bassareus comes pre-named but feel free to use any other name. I can provide a renaming scroll to the winner. [/list] [center] [rule] [b]TEMPLATE TO USE[/b] [rule] [/center] [QUOTE] Username: *Name here* Entry: *Bio here* [/QUOTE] [rule][center] [quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25342] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/254/25342.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][size=5][color=#093e6aff]Who is Naomi?[/color][/size][/center] [center][size=4][color=#093e6aff]The Glitch Queen[/color][/size][/center] [color=#093e6aff]Messages and items purchased from AH used to be delivered to your inbox by one of three NPC courier dragons. But on January 25th, 2016, the courier dragons were all replaced by this Triple Basic White/Azure/Sky Fae named Naomi. Naomi's clan was found to be clan number 0, housing over 15 million dragons. All of the exalted dragons on FR at that time. Naomi herself was listed in Dragon Search as exalted. [color=#093e6aff]It is theorized that Naomi was a user account taken over by the admins to house the site's exalted dragons, but no one knows exactly why this account was suddenly visible or why Naomi took over the AH that day. This bug was, of course, fixed, and now Naomi lives in an empty lair. Naomi did, however have a mate, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/25343]Coal[/url]. It was found during this event that Naomi and Coal had one surviving offspring, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=13256&tab=dragon&did=25348]Willow[/url], who was sold in an [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1729166/26]auction[/url] for an equivalent of over $2000! Willow's owner auctioned off only a small number of her offspring, and it is from them that Naomi descendants are bred with the goal of keeping the Glitch Queen's lineage alive. The original bug report thread can be found [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1728692]here[/url]. Additional resources can be found at [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2091838/1]Naomi Breeders, Inc.[/url] and at [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/2259332#post_2259332]The Naomi Project (Rebooted)[/url].[/color][/quote]

G4 NAOMI LORE CONTEST

Hi everyone, I’m hosting a writing contest for the kids of my third gen Naomi Dima again! The kid this time around is a somewhat soft looking guy. You can see him below, please read the rules and other details.
The Son wrote:

78778980_350.png
Bassareus is one of the three children born of a June 12th nest. In interpersonal lore, June 12th is a day heavily associated with Naomi herself. In practice, its also the date upon which Naomi was generated and Willow was born! As such, you can reasonably write Bassareus as being blessed or possessed of great power. That, or he’s just some guy. Go wild, I’m open to seeing anything! Also, the skin doesn’t come with him, sorry all! I’m planning to sell it however.

<Entries>
- HartleyRathaway
- xMidnightmuse
- Megarafrostalon
- Summittheworld

RULES

• The contest will run from June 23rd to July 1st, 11:00 FR Time.
  • There's no entering fee, all you need to enter is to write a piece of lore of minimally 150 words. Scries/Outfit plans are nice, but I will be looking only at lore for deciding what wins. Please post all entries in thread.
  • If you can help it take the lore of the parents into account. It will be summarised below. It’s not a must, but references are nice though. Actually writing the parents and siblings as characters in a piece is a little hit or miss for me.
  • Obviously, you cannot outright buy this dragon. The whole point of this contest is that I want to give other people than those with a lot of gems a chance. If you want to buy a kid please contact me via PM, there will be nests later and you can arrange special date with me. Also, the guy has a sister that’s up for grabs.
  • You're allowed to collaborate with others as long as you clearly state this, and I'm allowing a max of two entries per person or collaboration. I do not count beta readers as collaborators but if you wanna shout out to your readers as thanks then go ahead.
  • If you've entered before, you're allowed to enter again! However, if you've won a dragon, or own one of Dima's offspring already, please refrain from entering. The whole point is to give people who don't have one yet a chance. You’re allowed to enter on someone else’s behalf but message me ahead of time to discuss the details.
  • I don't count bio formatting towards the winning score, since some folks write longer stories and prefer to keep it in a google doc. On that note, you're allowed to write your entry in a google doc and post the link.

THE JUDGING
  • I will not be judging on format. The only prerequisite is that it is longer than 150 words.
  • I will be judging based on the quality of the piece of writing and how engaging the story is. Effort will also be factored in.
  • I will not be detracting points for things like spelling or grammar errors if the overall concept comes across clearly. Originality of ideas is not factored into the final verdict either as a story can use well-trodden ideas but still be engaging to read.
  • To reiterate, I would prefer it if you keep the parent's lore in mind when you write your entry. It's not mandatory, as again, I will be judging on quality, but it's definitely something I would like to see in entries.

ADDITIONAL
  • The dragon can optionally come with a scatterscroll or treasure gene of one’s choosing should they winner wish it.
  • There will obviously be future chances. It might be a while away because I have life to attend to, but don't be afraid to try again.
  • Bassareus comes pre-named but feel free to use any other name. I can provide a renaming scroll to the winner.

TEMPLATE TO USE
Quote:
Username: *Name here*
Entry: *Bio here*

Quote:
Who is Naomi?
The Glitch Queen
Messages and items purchased from AH used to be delivered to your inbox by one of three NPC courier dragons. But on January 25th, 2016, the courier dragons were all replaced by this Triple Basic White/Azure/Sky Fae named Naomi. Naomi's clan was found to be clan number 0, housing over 15 million dragons. All of the exalted dragons on FR at that time. Naomi herself was listed in Dragon Search as exalted.

It is theorized that Naomi was a user account taken over by the admins to house the site's exalted dragons, but no one knows exactly why this account was suddenly visible or why Naomi took over the AH that day. This bug was, of course, fixed, and now Naomi lives in an empty lair.

Naomi did, however have a mate, Coal. It was found during this event that Naomi and Coal had one surviving offspring, Willow, who was sold in an auction for an equivalent of over $2000! Willow's owner auctioned off only a small number of her offspring, and it is from them that Naomi descendants are bred with the goal of keeping the Glitch Queen's lineage alive.

The original bug report thread can be found here.

Additional resources can be found at Naomi Breeders, Inc. and at The Naomi Project (Rebooted).
zqaDToE.png < MIR | THEY/HE | EARTH FLIGHT | +9 FR TIME >
> Naomi Descendants Thread (4th gen descendants)
> Wishlist/Skin and item hunt
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
[center] [rule] [size=6][b]THE “PARENT”[/b][/size] [rule] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58130999][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/581310/58130999_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Dismas "Dima"[/b] [i]He/Him - Leader of the Cenotaph faction - Shade eater[/i] Dima is a third generation Naomi/Ignis descendant that was hatched on january 1st as part of a second nest between Willow, the daughter of Naomi, and Marduk, son of the Beast (dragon #666). I planned to breed him for a total of 13 children before retiring him originally, and while he remains limited, the dragons in these contests are put up as a little gift to those interested in Naomis and one from a special nest. Dima within lore is a showy, dramatic and flamboyant character, often prone to drama for the hell of it. He is also a near demigod, having fought and subsumed an eldritch entity. This greatly expanded his powers, giving him limited omniscience, fast regeneration and the somewhat troubling ability to enforce his influence over other beings. Deep down, he is ultimately good, even if he has a laissez-faire viewpoint on morals and life. He’s also more than a fan of the finer things in life such as good food and parties and tends to use his excessive power mostly on having a good time. He’s the leader of Cenotaph, a cult which consists primarily of dragons that flocked to his power and who couldn’t find a place elsewhere. Together they map distortions in reality, study alchemagic and try to get a better grasp on the kind of being Dima is. In relation to his children, he oft used to send out his eggs to other clans for a variety of reasons. While he loves his children dearly, be they created through alchemagic or other, he also has hardly any grasp of what makes a good parent and is often fearful to face such a thing himself. Nowadays, Dima tends to hatch his children in the Necropolis. It is a pocket dimension, intended to harbor the spirits of the dead and help them along to their next destination. He freely travels between this “underworld” and the surface. [rule] [i]On Naomi within my lore[/i] Naomi and Dima have met and while she mostly resides in the Plains of the Exalted, she also tends to send shards of herself to watch her grandchildren and offspring. Thus, it could be likely for any great-grandchildren to meet her in a variety of ways if you want to incorporate her. I interpret her as a mischievous but loving figure, often talking in circles around her visitors. Dima has inherited reality-warping and adjacent powers from her and this easily passes to his children. [i]On Ignis within my lore[/i] Dima has never met his grandmother Ignis, and what interactions he has had with his father have been sour at best. With courtesy of @/Rifter, Ignis functions as the icon of a long fallen cult of death and rebirth. Dima inherited the heart of Ignis, one of the cult’s artefact. It truly came alive in combination with his blood and further augmented his ability to manipulate life force and warped his Shade into the ability to devour the corruption. His children are more resistant to the Shade and have far more control over it.

THE “PARENT”

58130999_350.png

Dismas "Dima"
He/Him - Leader of the Cenotaph faction - Shade eater

Dima is a third generation Naomi/Ignis descendant that was hatched on january 1st as part of a second nest between Willow, the daughter of Naomi, and Marduk, son of the Beast (dragon #666). I planned to breed him for a total of 13 children before retiring him originally, and while he remains limited, the dragons in these contests are put up as a little gift to those interested in Naomis and one from a special nest.

Dima within lore is a showy, dramatic and flamboyant character, often prone to drama for the hell of it. He is also a near demigod, having fought and subsumed an eldritch entity. This greatly expanded his powers, giving him limited omniscience, fast regeneration and the somewhat troubling ability to enforce his influence over other beings. Deep down, he is ultimately good, even if he has a laissez-faire viewpoint on morals and life. He’s also more than a fan of the finer things in life such as good food and parties and tends to use his excessive power mostly on having a good time.
He’s the leader of Cenotaph, a cult which consists primarily of dragons that flocked to his power and who couldn’t find a place elsewhere. Together they map distortions in reality, study alchemagic and try to get a better grasp on the kind of being Dima is.

In relation to his children, he oft used to send out his eggs to other clans for a variety of reasons. While he loves his children dearly, be they created through alchemagic or other, he also has hardly any grasp of what makes a good parent and is often fearful to face such a thing himself.

Nowadays, Dima tends to hatch his children in the Necropolis. It is a pocket dimension, intended to harbor the spirits of the dead and help them along to their next destination. He freely travels between this “underworld” and the surface.

On Naomi within my lore

Naomi and Dima have met and while she mostly resides in the Plains of the Exalted, she also tends to send shards of herself to watch her grandchildren and offspring. Thus, it could be likely for any great-grandchildren to meet her in a variety of ways if you want to incorporate her. I interpret her as a mischievous but loving figure, often talking in circles around her visitors. Dima has inherited reality-warping and adjacent powers from her and this easily passes to his children.

On Ignis within my lore

Dima has never met his grandmother Ignis, and what interactions he has had with his father have been sour at best. With courtesy of @/Rifter, Ignis functions as the icon of a long fallen cult of death and rebirth. Dima inherited the heart of Ignis, one of the cult’s artefact. It truly came alive in combination with his blood and further augmented his ability to manipulate life force and warped his Shade into the ability to devour the corruption. His children are more resistant to the Shade and have far more control over it.
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
Pinglist for start

@ Typefull @ firedawn @ dragongem23 @ silverripple @ mohaveaCI @ Xeiana @ Adaejha @ chisschass @ witchyyweasel (G4 owner) @ wolftrickster @ jadedjester (Prior winner) @ birdsofwax @ ashycat23 @ Blackfriday99 @ amalgemotion @ summittheworld @ zaitria @ digimon11 @ Megarafrostalon @ dragonglimmer @ xmidnightmuse @ Dytileea

If you would like to be pinged for the start of the contest, feel free to let me know. I am subscribed to the thread.
Pinglist for start

@ Typefull @ firedawn @ dragongem23 @ silverripple @ mohaveaCI @ Xeiana @ Adaejha @ chisschass @ witchyyweasel (G4 owner) @ wolftrickster @ jadedjester (Prior winner) @ birdsofwax @ ashycat23 @ Blackfriday99 @ amalgemotion @ summittheworld @ zaitria @ digimon11 @ Megarafrostalon @ dragonglimmer @ xmidnightmuse @ Dytileea

If you would like to be pinged for the start of the contest, feel free to let me know. I am subscribed to the thread.
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
@Lendri @Typefull @firedawn @dragongem23 @silverripple @mohaveaCI @Xeiana @Adaejha @chisschass @witchyyweasel @wolftrickster @sinornis @jadedjester

Hi all! I’m doing a quick ping check, if you don’t wanna be pinged for the start of the next lore contest, please let me know! I know it’s been quite a while so I felt a checkup might be nice.

Anyone else that is not on the ping list, let me know if you want to be added!
@Lendri @Typefull @firedawn @dragongem23 @silverripple @mohaveaCI @Xeiana @Adaejha @chisschass @witchyyweasel @wolftrickster @sinornis @jadedjester

Hi all! I’m doing a quick ping check, if you don’t wanna be pinged for the start of the next lore contest, please let me know! I know it’s been quite a while so I felt a checkup might be nice.

Anyone else that is not on the ping list, let me know if you want to be added!
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
@Mir I would love a ping for the next contest!
@Mir I would love a ping for the next contest!
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
@sinornis I’ll note it down ^w^
@sinornis I’ll note it down ^w^
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
@Mir oh yes *evil laughter* YESSSS!! I adore Serapis, I'd most definitely like a ping for the upcoming contest~
@Mir oh yes *evil laughter* YESSSS!! I adore Serapis, I'd most definitely like a ping for the upcoming contest~
1pLM.gif
@mir yes please!
@mir yes please!
@Jadedjester

I can note you down ^w^ Though, you did already win a G4 in a prior contest so I will be keeping this in mind if that's alright!

@Chisschass

Noted!
@Jadedjester

I can note you down ^w^ Though, you did already win a G4 in a prior contest so I will be keeping this in mind if that's alright!

@Chisschass

Noted!
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
Could you please ping me for the start?
Could you please ping me for the start?
wCtmyuR.png Avatar Dragon | Molten Lava Subspecies

“Life is like a piano; the white keys represent happiness and the black show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.” - Ehssan
RClY3u4.gif GwKdven.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9