Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Hatcheries United!
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 47 48
@GlowStorm

I recently closed my hatchery (Kia's cove) since I didn't have the space or motivation to continue it. Can you remove it from the list?
@GlowStorm

I recently closed my hatchery (Kia's cove) since I didn't have the space or motivation to continue it. Can you remove it from the list?
My coliseum scavenger hunt progress!
Helping stock the AH, come see!
7zcCDc4.png
@AndromedaFlight

Removed!
@AndromedaFlight

Removed!
Can you add the Glade-Lost Ruins? I have some random free dragons sometimes, and after a week my main pair hatchlings go for free.

Link is in the main banner in my sig.
Can you add the Glade-Lost Ruins? I have some random free dragons sometimes, and after a week my main pair hatchlings go for free.

Link is in the main banner in my sig.
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
@MirageTheShadow

Added!
@MirageTheShadow

Added!
@GlowStorm
I have not yet made a hatchery but I definitely want to make one in the future--and not even that much in the future as you may think, I may make it in a few months...or maybe even in a few weeks!

Well so I just wanted to ask some things to know about when making a hatchery, some rules, and some tips as well. Just list things that would be helpful and so I don't do something nooby because I have never made a hatchery before even though I have been on here for months and almost 1 year already.

Maybe when I develop and brainstorm some ideas for the hatchery and actually have some dragons that I don't need then I would really appreciate you making a banner with some of the ideas I have (when I do have) if you have free time like you said in the 1rst page!

I am definitely very interested in hatcheries and I think that they are very nice but I always see that they have all these coding different things, and yes I do know quite a bit of things like that like underline, italic, bold, posting photos, etc. But I don't know if I can make things that developed but I will definitely try!

Thanks a lot :>
@GlowStorm
I have not yet made a hatchery but I definitely want to make one in the future--and not even that much in the future as you may think, I may make it in a few months...or maybe even in a few weeks!

Well so I just wanted to ask some things to know about when making a hatchery, some rules, and some tips as well. Just list things that would be helpful and so I don't do something nooby because I have never made a hatchery before even though I have been on here for months and almost 1 year already.

Maybe when I develop and brainstorm some ideas for the hatchery and actually have some dragons that I don't need then I would really appreciate you making a banner with some of the ideas I have (when I do have) if you have free time like you said in the 1rst page!

I am definitely very interested in hatcheries and I think that they are very nice but I always see that they have all these coding different things, and yes I do know quite a bit of things like that like underline, italic, bold, posting photos, etc. But I don't know if I can make things that developed but I will definitely try!

Thanks a lot :>
@princessamidala Thanks for showing an interest in Hatcheries! When first starting out your hatchery, the main thing I recommend doing is to claim plenty of posts so you'll have room to organize the hatchery's layout. When I first began mine, I only claimed about three spaces (which proved to be a problem later when I realized that I wanted more space for things like breeding pairs, ping lists, adoptable dragons, and the introduction and rules). Another tip is to make your rules look more formal and polite. People generally won't be as interested in a hatchery if they see a bunch of bold capital letters screaming at them to do specific things. Make sure to get a banner that you actually like to look at! My first banner was a more algae icky color, but I later revised it to resemble more of a magic forest. Also, there is no one way to set up a hatchery! Typically, the rules and introduction should be listed first, but there are many organization methods you can use to customize your hatchery. You also don't necessarily need all the things some hatcheries have. My first version of my hatchery only had rules, the introduction, adoptable dragons, and a post with my hatchery helpers. I later added ping lists and breeding pairs. Decide how you want your layout, and get creative! It's very handy to have a lot of lair space. If you have dragons that you absolutely want to give to a good home, it may take a while for people to adopt them. Although it takes more work, showing information about your adoptable dragons so people don't have to manually click on them helps out a lot too. Showing a hatchling's adult picture, colors, name, and genes are very useful to players who just want to scroll through your dragons somewhat quickly. (Of course, this is completely optional, and may not even fit the style of your hatchery anyway!) I actually don't use too much coding in my hatchery. The main things I stick to are the simple codes to using colors, pictures, and links; and I also use the built-in code buttons a lot too. [code][color=Example, like Red, Green, Orange, etc]Words Words Words[/color][/code] [code][url=ExampleLink]Words or a Picture[/url][/code] [code][size=OneThroughSeven]Words Words Words[/size][/code] I also use codes such as: [code][font=Times New Roman]Words Words Words[/font][/code] [code][columns]Words[nextcol]Words[/columns][/code] I'm sure several other hatchery owners could help you with other types of coding you may be interested in. (I'm still a bit of a noob myself!) I hope this helps a little bit! I'm sure the other hatchery owners could give some more useful advice than mine. ^^ [center]------------------------------------[/center] [center][i][b][size=6]A Quick Guide:[/b][/i] [i](Copied from a different forum I made. This might help you as well!)[/i][/center] Putting [b]pictures of items[/b] on your forum post is done by this: [code][item=EXAMPLE][/code] Replace the word 'EXAMPLE' with the name of the item. [center]------------------------------------[/center] Putting [b]clickable pictures that take you to a user's page[/b] is done by this: [code][user=EXAMPLE][/code] Replace the word 'EXAMPLE' with a username. [center]------------------------------------[/center] To get the [b]large clickable dragon pictures[/b], first go to the dragon. Under the star count box, you'll see a 'Share' button. Click this. A box will pop up. Copy the Widget from the box and paste it on your forum post! [center]------------------------------------[/center] To get the [b]tiny clickable dragon pictures[/b], follow the above directions. After you paste the code, however, you'll need to change it slightly. The code should look similar to this: [code][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59489558] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/594896/59489558_350.png[/img] [/url][/code] After the 'rendern' part, you'll see the number '350'. Erase this number and replace it with the word 'avatars'. Near the end of the code is '_350'. Erase this part. Your final code should look similar to this: [code][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59489558] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/594896/59489558.png[/img] [/url][/code] [center]--------------------------[/center]
@princessamidala

Thanks for showing an interest in Hatcheries!

When first starting out your hatchery, the main thing I recommend doing is to claim plenty of posts so you'll have room to organize the hatchery's layout. When I first began mine, I only claimed about three spaces (which proved to be a problem later when I realized that I wanted more space for things like breeding pairs, ping lists, adoptable dragons, and the introduction and rules).

Another tip is to make your rules look more formal and polite. People generally won't be as interested in a hatchery if they see a bunch of bold capital letters screaming at them to do specific things.

Make sure to get a banner that you actually like to look at! My first banner was a more algae icky color, but I later revised it to resemble more of a magic forest.

Also, there is no one way to set up a hatchery! Typically, the rules and introduction should be listed first, but there are many organization methods you can use to customize your hatchery. You also don't necessarily need all the things some hatcheries have. My first version of my hatchery only had rules, the introduction, adoptable dragons, and a post with my hatchery helpers. I later added ping lists and breeding pairs. Decide how you want your layout, and get creative!

It's very handy to have a lot of lair space. If you have dragons that you absolutely want to give to a good home, it may take a while for people to adopt them.

Although it takes more work, showing information about your adoptable dragons so people don't have to manually click on them helps out a lot too. Showing a hatchling's adult picture, colors, name, and genes are very useful to players who just want to scroll through your dragons somewhat quickly. (Of course, this is completely optional, and may not even fit the style of your hatchery anyway!)

I actually don't use too much coding in my hatchery. The main things I stick to are the simple codes to using colors, pictures, and links; and I also use the built-in code buttons a lot too.
Code:
[color=Example, like Red, Green, Orange, etc]Words Words Words[/color]
Code:
[url=ExampleLink]Words or a Picture[/url]
Code:
[size=OneThroughSeven]Words Words Words[/size]
I also use codes such as:
Code:
[font=Times New Roman]Words Words Words[/font]
Code:
[columns]Words[nextcol]Words[/columns]
I'm sure several other hatchery owners could help you with other types of coding you may be interested in. (I'm still a bit of a noob myself!)

I hope this helps a little bit! I'm sure the other hatchery owners could give some more useful advice than mine. ^^

A Quick Guide:
(Copied from a different forum I made. This might help you as well!)

Putting pictures of items on your forum post is done by this:
Code:
[item=EXAMPLE]
Replace the word 'EXAMPLE' with the name of the item.

Putting clickable pictures that take you to a user's page is done by this:
Code:
[user=EXAMPLE]
Replace the word 'EXAMPLE' with a username.

To get the large clickable dragon pictures, first go to the dragon. Under the star count box, you'll see a 'Share' button. Click this. A box will pop up. Copy the Widget from the box and paste it on your forum post!

To get the tiny clickable dragon pictures, follow the above directions. After you paste the code, however, you'll need to change it slightly. The code should look similar to this:
Code:
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59489558] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/594896/59489558_350.png[/img] [/url]
After the 'rendern' part, you'll see the number '350'. Erase this number and replace it with the word 'avatars'. Near the end of the code is '_350'. Erase this part. Your final code should look similar to this:
Code:
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59489558] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/594896/59489558.png[/img] [/url]

@GlowStorm
Woah! This is very useful!! I am gonna definitely take this to note. I am not very familiar with too much coding either which I can definitely relate too heavily.

I will definitely use this in the future as well, and I think I can do all of this with hard work--but the main thing is about lair space because I have 0 right now and my price for more lair space is 90kt and literally THAT is hard and I get people work hard to get money on here and some also just buy it. But that's definitely the real hard part for me.

Overall, this is definitely super useful for a noob at this game, and yes I did think about "What am I even trying to do anymore?" by trying to make a hatchery in the future but now I have more hope. But it will definitely not anytime soon, I'll try to develop my account on FR more and then I can definitely try--along the way getting advice from more hatchery owners.

Thank you for your time! And I'll definitely notify you when I try to start one or have any other questions. And hopefully the same for you if you have some things to point out in the future to me about the topic that you don't know now.

(P.S: Also please do PM/notify me when you make some nice banner for my upcoming hatchery! Oh and you also should probably tell me a lot about how to actually put the banners in and such...Yeah still a noob)
@GlowStorm
Woah! This is very useful!! I am gonna definitely take this to note. I am not very familiar with too much coding either which I can definitely relate too heavily.

I will definitely use this in the future as well, and I think I can do all of this with hard work--but the main thing is about lair space because I have 0 right now and my price for more lair space is 90kt and literally THAT is hard and I get people work hard to get money on here and some also just buy it. But that's definitely the real hard part for me.

Overall, this is definitely super useful for a noob at this game, and yes I did think about "What am I even trying to do anymore?" by trying to make a hatchery in the future but now I have more hope. But it will definitely not anytime soon, I'll try to develop my account on FR more and then I can definitely try--along the way getting advice from more hatchery owners.

Thank you for your time! And I'll definitely notify you when I try to start one or have any other questions. And hopefully the same for you if you have some things to point out in the future to me about the topic that you don't know now.

(P.S: Also please do PM/notify me when you make some nice banner for my upcoming hatchery! Oh and you also should probably tell me a lot about how to actually put the banners in and such...Yeah still a noob)
@GlowStorm Very cool! Would love if my personal hatchery could be added: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2103833][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/3706/f/2017/336/c/0/button_by_cas_a_fras-dbvjvzk.png[/img][/url] & my joint hatchery -- its honestly not fully up yet but should be by tomorrow. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2938678][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/575809587676971013/781284509327818802/Veil.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/2934503][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d368fb0f6f6ad71da937ad95ada23c4d/bbb2ffb9b5141e13-05/s250x250_c1/75ef79ed8718dc7e193715e6f69776095e3074ab.gif[/img][/url]
@GlowStorm
Very cool!

Would love if my personal hatchery could be added:
button_by_cas_a_fras-dbvjvzk.png

& my joint hatchery -- its honestly not fully up yet but should be by tomorrow.
Veil.png 75ef79ed8718dc7e193715e6f69776095e3074ab.gif
bd28b4a96514179b4b23a56277afb3572e48a43a.png

tumblr_pp5jpoJww31ugssd3o5_r2_75sq.png WISHLIST
tumblr_pp5jpoJww31ugssd3o10_r1_75sq.png HATCHERY
tumblr_pp5jpoJww31ugssd3o5_r2_75sq.png GRAPHICS
tumblr_pp5jpoJww31ugssd3o10_r1_75sq.png CutiePies
tumblr_pp5jpoJww31ugssd3o5_r2_75sq.png Vanity Veils

----

@CupcakeCass

Do you give away free dragons?
@CupcakeCass

Do you give away free dragons?
@GlowStorm
Oh sorry I didnt see that it was only for hatcheries that give out free dragons ^^
@GlowStorm
Oh sorry I didnt see that it was only for hatcheries that give out free dragons ^^
bd28b4a96514179b4b23a56277afb3572e48a43a.png

tumblr_pp5jpoJww31ugssd3o5_r2_75sq.png WISHLIST
tumblr_pp5jpoJww31ugssd3o10_r1_75sq.png HATCHERY
tumblr_pp5jpoJww31ugssd3o5_r2_75sq.png GRAPHICS
tumblr_pp5jpoJww31ugssd3o10_r1_75sq.png CutiePies
tumblr_pp5jpoJww31ugssd3o5_r2_75sq.png Vanity Veils

----

1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 47 48