Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Write to adopt!
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 196 197
@MLPMDog Sure thing!
@MLPMDog Sure thing!
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Decaffeinated could I be added to the general pinglist?
@Decaffeinated could I be added to the general pinglist?
@mermaidlorelei [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58474915] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/584750/58474915_350.png[/img] [/url] Can you hold her please?
@mermaidlorelei

58474915_350.png

Can you hold her please?
IhFhwMk.png for-DragonGames50.gif L0sN9f4.png
@mermaidlorelei [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58963781] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/589638/58963781_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Kadere[/b]'s life begins in a husk of bone and meat in the Scarred Wasteland. Once, she served both fire and shadow at once, but that stopped when her heart did. There's another body there with her, a gaoler. His body lay askance, and the way Kadere was found made it clear that while she had won the combat, she was unable to overcome the wounds left by fierce brutal action. The two had met on the war-field, and both had fallen there. The Warking, [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=213125&tab=dragon&did=20076497]Locust[/url], found her and brought her (along with her fallen opponent) back to his wife, who lurked in her den of flesh and rot. Chiroptera was delighted with what Locust brought. Her work began almost immediately. With the boiling cauldron she kept, which drew from the Wyrmwound itself, Chiroptera set to work bringing back the two-- Kadere came back stronger, firmer, quicker on her feet than the one she had killed. Kadere was placed quickly within a circle; the Apostles of Plague circled her with candles and incense, daubing her body with blood and swirls. They sang in a tongue known only by those who had eaten of the Plaguebringer's Bounty, and the winds picked up quickly within Kadere's binding-cave. The Apostles, by the end of it, had bound Kadere's soul to the clan. At first, the skeletal warrior bristled and demanded an explanation, but the Apostles were quick to bring her before [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=213125&tab=dragon&did=11822416]Oruz[/url], the Deacon of Plague, who had been the first to taste the bounty of the Plaguebringer years and years ago. He explained, easily, that the ceremony bound a soul to the clan itself, to the Boneyard, and those who were Bound could not die as long as the clan grounds stood. If they [i]did[/i] fall, they would be reborn amid the festering water of Chiroptera's cauldron. He was quick to inform Kadere that not every dragon of the clan was given this honor. [i]Honor[/i], he said, as if it made Kadere feel any better about being remade and reborn. Oruz gave Kadere an amulet formed from holy dirt and clapped her on the shoulder, claiming she would bring great honor to the clan in the eyes of the Plaguebringer; [i]Plaguemother,[/i] he said, [i]will love you.[/i] [b]At first Kadere did not understand[/b]. To her, the ways of these strangers were brutal; she'd been a warrior, but a warrior in a different family altogether. She observed the keen reverence with which the warriors approached Chiroptera and her husband; she watched Oruz lead his ceremonies of sacrifice. Eventually, a life of inaction ground at Kadere, and she took a blade as her own, using the ways of her new clan to bind it to herself. When she dripped her blood across the living steel, the Lifesmith [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=213125&tab=dragon&did=55807475]Growlthing[/url] came to her, his head spinning full of power he'd never felt before. He knew the soul of each warrior who took a blade of his and bound it to them, but he did not know [i]her[/i] soul. Kadere focused on Growlthing. She thought back to her days of warfare and waited to discover that this strange clan of plague and lord and life had altered her memories somehow, but nothing of the sort came to mind. Instead, Kadere [i]remembered.[/i] She told Growlthing as much: she'd been a fighter, she'd died in combat with a gaoler, a man who had wanted to take her back to be locked away forever. Growlthing regarded her with interest. Kadere flashed him her teeth, wicked and great and curved. She knew killing, at least. Her skull-helm, bound to her skin, became her calling-card as she ran across the plague lands. Brutality could be easily seen in the cunning flashes of her eyes, the way that Kadere hunted down those who sought to endanger the clan -- but she also spoke with Serthis and other opponents who approached peacefully. Kadere sees no reason not to be hospitable. She guards the border of the clan's territory now, but if one does not approach with intent to push too far, there may be a conversation instead of combat. After all, Kadere may live in the lands of the plague but she is a Shadowborn, through-and-through. There is a quiet affinity within her for small games, for gambling, for trivial pursuits. It makes her smile to see a game of Gamblebones forming among the dragons of the clan; Kadere is bloodhungry, but she has a head for entertainment and speech. The woman carries charisma in each step; her killing-machine body is capable of works of art [i]and[/i] great acts of destruction. Unlike some others, Kadere doesn't care for diplomacy or clan politics. This is how she became the Warden, after all: it's hard to bribe your way past a woman who doesn't care about who your father is, and she certainly doesn't care for how much money clinks in your pocket.
@mermaidlorelei

58963781_350.png

Kadere's life begins in a husk of bone and meat in the Scarred Wasteland. Once, she served both fire and shadow at once, but that stopped when her heart did. There's another body there with her, a gaoler. His body lay askance, and the way Kadere was found made it clear that while she had won the combat, she was unable to overcome the wounds left by fierce brutal action. The two had met on the war-field, and both had fallen there.

The Warking, Locust, found her and brought her (along with her fallen opponent) back to his wife, who lurked in her den of flesh and rot. Chiroptera was delighted with what Locust brought. Her work began almost immediately. With the boiling cauldron she kept, which drew from the Wyrmwound itself, Chiroptera set to work bringing back the two-- Kadere came back stronger, firmer, quicker on her feet than the one she had killed.

Kadere was placed quickly within a circle; the Apostles of Plague circled her with candles and incense, daubing her body with blood and swirls. They sang in a tongue known only by those who had eaten of the Plaguebringer's Bounty, and the winds picked up quickly within Kadere's binding-cave.

The Apostles, by the end of it, had bound Kadere's soul to the clan.

At first, the skeletal warrior bristled and demanded an explanation, but the Apostles were quick to bring her before Oruz, the Deacon of Plague, who had been the first to taste the bounty of the Plaguebringer years and years ago. He explained, easily, that the ceremony bound a soul to the clan itself, to the Boneyard, and those who were Bound could not die as long as the clan grounds stood. If they did fall, they would be reborn amid the festering water of Chiroptera's cauldron.

He was quick to inform Kadere that not every dragon of the clan was given this honor. Honor, he said, as if it made Kadere feel any better about being remade and reborn.

Oruz gave Kadere an amulet formed from holy dirt and clapped her on the shoulder, claiming she would bring great honor to the clan in the eyes of the Plaguebringer; Plaguemother, he said, will love you.

At first Kadere did not understand. To her, the ways of these strangers were brutal; she'd been a warrior, but a warrior in a different family altogether. She observed the keen reverence with which the warriors approached Chiroptera and her husband; she watched Oruz lead his ceremonies of sacrifice. Eventually, a life of inaction ground at Kadere, and she took a blade as her own, using the ways of her new clan to bind it to herself. When she dripped her blood across the living steel, the Lifesmith Growlthing came to her, his head spinning full of power he'd never felt before. He knew the soul of each warrior who took a blade of his and bound it to them, but he did not know her soul.

Kadere focused on Growlthing. She thought back to her days of warfare and waited to discover that this strange clan of plague and lord and life had altered her memories somehow, but nothing of the sort came to mind. Instead, Kadere remembered.

She told Growlthing as much: she'd been a fighter, she'd died in combat with a gaoler, a man who had wanted to take her back to be locked away forever. Growlthing regarded her with interest.

Kadere flashed him her teeth, wicked and great and curved.

She knew killing, at least. Her skull-helm, bound to her skin, became her calling-card as she ran across the plague lands. Brutality could be easily seen in the cunning flashes of her eyes, the way that Kadere hunted down those who sought to endanger the clan -- but she also spoke with Serthis and other opponents who approached peacefully. Kadere sees no reason not to be hospitable. She guards the border of the clan's territory now, but if one does not approach with intent to push too far, there may be a conversation instead of combat.

After all, Kadere may live in the lands of the plague but she is a Shadowborn, through-and-through. There is a quiet affinity within her for small games, for gambling, for trivial pursuits. It makes her smile to see a game of Gamblebones forming among the dragons of the clan; Kadere is bloodhungry, but she has a head for entertainment and speech. The woman carries charisma in each step; her killing-machine body is capable of works of art and great acts of destruction.

Unlike some others, Kadere doesn't care for diplomacy or clan politics. This is how she became the Warden, after all: it's hard to bribe your way past a woman who doesn't care about who your father is, and she certainly doesn't care for how much money clinks in your pocket.
@Decaffeinated Could you put this girl on hold? Thanks! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58970760] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/589708/58970760_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated

Could you put this girl on hold? Thanks!

58970760_350.png
E6nL5Eq.png
@Decaffeinated can I get a hold on this lady? [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58921109] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/589212/58921109_350.png[/img] [/url] I don't know if winning the lotto counts as my second dragon of the week/a claim or not haha. If so, disregard this, and I'll be around to grab this girl next week if she's still around!
@Decaffeinated
can I get a hold on this lady?

58921109_350.png

I don't know if winning the lotto counts as my second dragon of the week/a claim or not haha. If so, disregard this, and I'll be around to grab this girl next week if she's still around!
@DragonGames50 Yep, held!

@Sanguinius Okay, so, I adore her? She's fabulous? And also on her way to you.
@DragonGames50 Yep, held!

@Sanguinius Okay, so, I adore her? She's fabulous? And also on her way to you.
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@decaffeinated, for Icehook. (537 words)

Gladekeeper’s Call - Heavy Lifter

She, Seeker of the Warden, sought and found first, he of Fire, and they trekked the world as their kind did, new awakened, yet old beings. Spread throughout the world, those two came to the Shifting Expanse and gifted that deity their children.

They all looked like nothing so much as lumps of charcoal dusted in ash, crowned with curving sweeping curls of their parent’s pride. But none that began so small, had such a maw of jagged ripping teeth of ice as did their youngest. None was a gift quite like this one, to whom Stormbringer was pleased to give his gifts in turn.

————

“The Machine! Catch it before it topples!”

“Too late! It’s wedged in crooked! it’s crew trapped underneath! A leg, a wing hopelessly lost, life will be next if there’s delay!”

They had machines with cables that could lash the bulk of metal but none were in place that were not already bent out of true by the unexpected shift of ground beneath them. What had caused the accident they could not have prepared for; not even the most severe field boss could find fault with this. The closest rescue equipment was already deployed on the other end of this sudden mess, others had to be brought from work being done elsewhere.

And there was no time.

And, the broken earth beneath them poured out its hidden contents, a buried nest of that which had been eating away at all the work so carefully tended below them.

Shade. And what it had not eaten, it controlled.

“Icehook!”

Seeker born, true Seeker’s son, he had already engaged the enemy, Lightning’s Gift already cracking from his maw, writhing over his massive form, wreathing the maw of jagged teeth that crowned him. Proof that even common eyes could glow, pride of their flight even in the most humble of them. They had not seen him fight before, only seen his tank-like workmanship and steady unfailing effort alongside them.

But burn the Shade he did, with flashes of actinic current that rivaled the machines they built. Grappled hard with its unwilling unwitting servants, heavy wings beating as if they might actually attain the gift of flight they were not made for.

Fellow workers, even Ridgebacks who many times dwarfed his bulk, lay inert and drained of what had been consuming them. Even then unfinished, the massive Gaoler applied the gift he was born with, the name they had given him, and hooked the frost-glazed teeth of horn around the edged metal that had trapped the unwary and *pulled*.

“Help him! Put your backs into it now!” The call to work that moved them, when shocked surprise had stilled them, made one being with one purpose. The trapped, freed, and while limbs had been lost, no life had been, and they were all used to using magic and machinery to make good the loss, and took it all in stride.

Just another day in Stormbringer’s employ. But one that would make a story to tell, to prove to those who needed no proof, that exaltation was not the only way to serve their demanding Boss. He would be well-pleased. For perhaps an hour, at least.
@decaffeinated, for Icehook. (537 words)

Gladekeeper’s Call - Heavy Lifter

She, Seeker of the Warden, sought and found first, he of Fire, and they trekked the world as their kind did, new awakened, yet old beings. Spread throughout the world, those two came to the Shifting Expanse and gifted that deity their children.

They all looked like nothing so much as lumps of charcoal dusted in ash, crowned with curving sweeping curls of their parent’s pride. But none that began so small, had such a maw of jagged ripping teeth of ice as did their youngest. None was a gift quite like this one, to whom Stormbringer was pleased to give his gifts in turn.

————

“The Machine! Catch it before it topples!”

“Too late! It’s wedged in crooked! it’s crew trapped underneath! A leg, a wing hopelessly lost, life will be next if there’s delay!”

They had machines with cables that could lash the bulk of metal but none were in place that were not already bent out of true by the unexpected shift of ground beneath them. What had caused the accident they could not have prepared for; not even the most severe field boss could find fault with this. The closest rescue equipment was already deployed on the other end of this sudden mess, others had to be brought from work being done elsewhere.

And there was no time.

And, the broken earth beneath them poured out its hidden contents, a buried nest of that which had been eating away at all the work so carefully tended below them.

Shade. And what it had not eaten, it controlled.

“Icehook!”

Seeker born, true Seeker’s son, he had already engaged the enemy, Lightning’s Gift already cracking from his maw, writhing over his massive form, wreathing the maw of jagged teeth that crowned him. Proof that even common eyes could glow, pride of their flight even in the most humble of them. They had not seen him fight before, only seen his tank-like workmanship and steady unfailing effort alongside them.

But burn the Shade he did, with flashes of actinic current that rivaled the machines they built. Grappled hard with its unwilling unwitting servants, heavy wings beating as if they might actually attain the gift of flight they were not made for.

Fellow workers, even Ridgebacks who many times dwarfed his bulk, lay inert and drained of what had been consuming them. Even then unfinished, the massive Gaoler applied the gift he was born with, the name they had given him, and hooked the frost-glazed teeth of horn around the edged metal that had trapped the unwary and *pulled*.

“Help him! Put your backs into it now!” The call to work that moved them, when shocked surprise had stilled them, made one being with one purpose. The trapped, freed, and while limbs had been lost, no life had been, and they were all used to using magic and machinery to make good the loss, and took it all in stride.

Just another day in Stormbringer’s employ. But one that would make a story to tell, to prove to those who needed no proof, that exaltation was not the only way to serve their demanding Boss. He would be well-pleased. For perhaps an hour, at least.
All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
@StormFire3105 She's held for you!

@emmiemiapandy You've been added!

@Sanguinius They do not, so she'd on hold for you ^-^

@dancingcrane Great work, as usual! ^-^ I'll send him to you in a few moments!
@StormFire3105 She's held for you!

@emmiemiapandy You've been added!

@Sanguinius They do not, so she'd on hold for you ^-^

@dancingcrane Great work, as usual! ^-^ I'll send him to you in a few moments!
@mermaidlorelei Hello! I would like to put this beautiful dragon on hold: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47763285] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/477633/47763285_350.png[/img] [/url]
@mermaidlorelei

Hello! I would like to put this beautiful dragon on hold:

47763285_350.png

1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 196 197