Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Dragon Wonder Trade [CANCELLED]
1 2 3 4 5 6
CANCELLED
I clearly don't have the energy to keep up with this the way I should. If anyone wants to take over, they're welcome to contact me.

@Rvan has taken over - I've sent all dragons to them and they'll be running things the same way I did. They'll be setting up their own thread in a day or two, and should ping those of you already on the pinglist to it when that happens. You can find their (WiP) thread here.

Please read the full post body before participating.

Thanks to @Tsuni for the idea.

Please use the self-editing pinglist if you wish to be notified without having to check the thread.

What is Dragon Wonder Trade?

"Wonder trade" is a system used in 3DS Pokémon games by which players can randomly swap Pokémon with other players. Adapting this to work for Flight Rising requires a spreadsheet, but is surprisingly easy. Here's how it works:

1) Unwanted dragons are sent via one-way crossroad to me
2) I enter these dragons in a spreadsheet
3) When I have enough dragons, I randomly shuffle them. This is completely random. I reroll only for dragons that would be sent back to their donators.
4) Everyone gets as many dragons as they sent in. All dragons are returned via one-way crossroad.

Some requests for participants:
Try to avoid sending in "obvious fodder". I know that's a very subjective term, but even though I never made such a request last time, absolutely everyone was respectful and avoided fodder anyway.

If you don't like the dragon you got, you are free (but absolutely not required) to send it back through Drunder Trade. Also consider gifting it to someone who might enjoy it. If one dragon goes through Drunder Trade 100 times before finding its forever home, that's fine. I might give it art or lore if that ever hapens.

Last time, I had a user accept dragons, create art of them, and then toss them back into the pot. That was very kind. This sort of behaviour is very much welcome, but again, absolutely not required.

Finally, if any participants can spare some food, I'd really appreciate it. There's a high chance I'll be holding traded dragons overnight or longer, and some dragons come in hungry. Once again, not a requirement, but if you can spare even a few food items, it would be very much appreciated.

Notes: Tempting though it is, I will never help myself to any nice dragons that pass Drunder Trade. If a dragon ever truly tempts me, I promise to offer to buy it for a fair price from the donator, and if they agree, use the money to buy other nice dragons to add to the wonder trade pot. I'll post in this thread when I do so, for full disclosure.

I will occasionally add my own unwanted dragons to the pot, which means I may end up with some dragons from the trade. I will simply put those back into the pot too. In other words, I refuse to gain anything by the wonder trade itself. It raises too many uncomfortable possibilities, and I'd rather avoid those.

I don't have a huge amount of energy. I'd like to be able to run these, say, once every couple of weeks, but I can't make promises. We'll see how it goes. If it becomes too much for me, I may look for someone else to take over.

I've already run one wonder trade and it went very well. That said, this is a new concept. The process may chance as I work out a better system.

Dragons may sit in crossroads for an hour or more before I pick them up. If yours has been waiting for a very long time, first check this post. I'll edit it if I'm offline for any reason. If there's no indication that I'm offline, feel free to put any message (literally anything, just spam aaaaa, all I need is the notif) to remind me it's there. My internet does go down sometimes, but very, very rarely for more than ~10 minutes, so if I disappear without warning that's probably why.

Obviously if you just want the dragon gone and I'm taking too long, just cancel the crossroad and exalt it.

I will never reveal the sender of a dragon without their permission. Sometimes, users want to thank those who contributed their dragon to the trade, but I'll ask for permission before thanking them. However, if you're sending a dragon with your art or writing, or whose parents are in your lair, obviously your anonymity cannot be preserved. This isn't a completely anonymous event, but I still won't confirm a sender's identity without their permission.

I don't own this idea. If someone else wants to run a trade, folks on the pinglist I've set up can volunteer to be pinged for those too. Furthermore, if you let me know, I'll link to your post or thread.
CANCELLED
I clearly don't have the energy to keep up with this the way I should. If anyone wants to take over, they're welcome to contact me.

@Rvan has taken over - I've sent all dragons to them and they'll be running things the same way I did. They'll be setting up their own thread in a day or two, and should ping those of you already on the pinglist to it when that happens. You can find their (WiP) thread here.

Please read the full post body before participating.

Thanks to @Tsuni for the idea.

Please use the self-editing pinglist if you wish to be notified without having to check the thread.

What is Dragon Wonder Trade?

"Wonder trade" is a system used in 3DS Pokémon games by which players can randomly swap Pokémon with other players. Adapting this to work for Flight Rising requires a spreadsheet, but is surprisingly easy. Here's how it works:

1) Unwanted dragons are sent via one-way crossroad to me
2) I enter these dragons in a spreadsheet
3) When I have enough dragons, I randomly shuffle them. This is completely random. I reroll only for dragons that would be sent back to their donators.
4) Everyone gets as many dragons as they sent in. All dragons are returned via one-way crossroad.

Some requests for participants:
Try to avoid sending in "obvious fodder". I know that's a very subjective term, but even though I never made such a request last time, absolutely everyone was respectful and avoided fodder anyway.

If you don't like the dragon you got, you are free (but absolutely not required) to send it back through Drunder Trade. Also consider gifting it to someone who might enjoy it. If one dragon goes through Drunder Trade 100 times before finding its forever home, that's fine. I might give it art or lore if that ever hapens.

Last time, I had a user accept dragons, create art of them, and then toss them back into the pot. That was very kind. This sort of behaviour is very much welcome, but again, absolutely not required.

Finally, if any participants can spare some food, I'd really appreciate it. There's a high chance I'll be holding traded dragons overnight or longer, and some dragons come in hungry. Once again, not a requirement, but if you can spare even a few food items, it would be very much appreciated.

Notes: Tempting though it is, I will never help myself to any nice dragons that pass Drunder Trade. If a dragon ever truly tempts me, I promise to offer to buy it for a fair price from the donator, and if they agree, use the money to buy other nice dragons to add to the wonder trade pot. I'll post in this thread when I do so, for full disclosure.

I will occasionally add my own unwanted dragons to the pot, which means I may end up with some dragons from the trade. I will simply put those back into the pot too. In other words, I refuse to gain anything by the wonder trade itself. It raises too many uncomfortable possibilities, and I'd rather avoid those.

I don't have a huge amount of energy. I'd like to be able to run these, say, once every couple of weeks, but I can't make promises. We'll see how it goes. If it becomes too much for me, I may look for someone else to take over.

I've already run one wonder trade and it went very well. That said, this is a new concept. The process may chance as I work out a better system.

Dragons may sit in crossroads for an hour or more before I pick them up. If yours has been waiting for a very long time, first check this post. I'll edit it if I'm offline for any reason. If there's no indication that I'm offline, feel free to put any message (literally anything, just spam aaaaa, all I need is the notif) to remind me it's there. My internet does go down sometimes, but very, very rarely for more than ~10 minutes, so if I disappear without warning that's probably why.

Obviously if you just want the dragon gone and I'm taking too long, just cancel the crossroad and exalt it.

I will never reveal the sender of a dragon without their permission. Sometimes, users want to thank those who contributed their dragon to the trade, but I'll ask for permission before thanking them. However, if you're sending a dragon with your art or writing, or whose parents are in your lair, obviously your anonymity cannot be preserved. This isn't a completely anonymous event, but I still won't confirm a sender's identity without their permission.

I don't own this idea. If someone else wants to run a trade, folks on the pinglist I've set up can volunteer to be pinged for those too. Furthermore, if you let me know, I'll link to your post or thread.
Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Cymreig | avatar
Woohoo! I've been telling all my friends about this~!
Woohoo! I've been telling all my friends about this~!
lOuuNpG.png tumblr_inline_ny7iufSmv51qmzhvw_540.png gems_badge_100.png
This is a great idea! So I just send a dragon to you then?
This is a great idea! So I just send a dragon to you then?
vista_coatl1.png

n4H37dx.pngA6Pqy3l.pngLCqISMP.png
mlHpBMC.pngBzjAkuF.pngmNwQLuY.png

vista_coatl1.png
What a lovely idea- sending in!
What a lovely idea- sending in!
Friendly bump so everyone can see this :)
Friendly bump so everyone can see this :)
BhDC5in.png
I love this idea so much. I love wondertrade in pokemon so I'm going to be sending in dragons all the time.
I love this idea so much. I love wondertrade in pokemon so I'm going to be sending in dragons all the time.
>Wishlist
>Dragon Search
>Pretties for Apparel or Fodder
>PWYW Dragon Outfits
Make sure to check my hibernal den in dragon games, a HUGE chunk of my dragons are in it.
Wonder Trades are always fun! I'll send a dragon in!
Wonder Trades are always fun! I'll send a dragon in!
This is actually a really cool idea! Ill participate too!
This is actually a really cool idea! Ill participate too!
vGyLVzC.png Pokemorphyd Raffle Ticket
I will participate! Seems fun!
I will participate! Seems fun!
Forum.png
I'll bite! I'm sending over some kids!
I'll bite! I'm sending over some kids!
6EmZf.gifyJeh8.gifIG45I.gifyJ80b.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6